players becoming coaches

Toni always becomes manager of Napoli in my game, Dani Alves is the current manager of Brazil, but probably will be fired after first two losses as it always happens. Artur Boruc is Poland manager.

In my Benfica team Pablo Aimar is a coach.

Same especially when they're your players who have announced their retirement and you get to see their staff attributes first.

I once had Robin Van Persie as a player/coach on my old arsenal career and he made a friggin epic coach. Was like 4.5* ball control etc

On my current Leverkusen save Vieira and Hyypia have just announced their retirement dates and as they're my players I get first dibs on them... They both look pretty decent

Tim Cahill became manager of Australia on one of my saves.

And also Igor Akinfeev became manager of CSKA Moscow.

Nothing big but I haven't had many long term saves.

And finally on my Tottenham save on FM09 I appointed Tom Huddlestone my assistant manager. :)

Didier Drogba became the manager of Ivory Coast and he took them from a spot in the mid 50s to suddenly inside the top 20 within the few years of him being there.

Jermain Defoe also took over as the manager of Cardiff.

Most successful ex player in my game is Tomas Rosicky. He've won the CL with Genoa 5 times. He also won 13 titles with Shaktar, Galatasaray, Chelsea & Genoa.

The most proud I am of an ex-player of mine. A regen David Rangel, I launched his playing career at age 16, he've become one of the best players in the world.

When he retired I hired him as my ass-man, after a year he got offered the Sevilla job. He's already fired, but still.

Shunsuke Nakamura is fourth in the Hall of Fame on my game after winning 10 domestic titles, 5 major domestic cups and 3 European titles. John Carew is also the Man Utd manager.

When I resigned from England i saw that Emile Heskey was beaten at the final post by Stuart Pierce for the job. other than that, Patrick Vieira has become a very good coach for me (straight after retiring actually) at Man City.

Heh, thought I'd have a check in my game (early 2014). Only gone through the Prem so far, but there's a few interesting managers and other staff around. Damien Duff seems to have become Newcastle manager for some reason (after spending a year or so as a Chelsea youth coach), while Alan Shearer is managing West Ham. Scholes is a coach at Blackburn, Gary Neville is the Crystal Palace AssMan (a legacy of my time as manager there), Fabien Barthez is the West Brom GK coach and Pires has gone back to Arsenal to be a coach.

Francesco Totti is manager of Udinese

Alessandro Nesta is manager of Mantova

Samuel Eto'o is manager of Napoli

Didier Drogba is manager of Stade de Reims

Torsten Frings is manager of Augsburg

Sami Hyypia is manager of Hannover

Miroslav Klose is manager Schalke

Christoph Metzelder is manager of Werder Bremen

Roy Makaay is manager of Volendam

Mark van Bommel is manager of ADO Den Haag

Andy Reid is manager of Shamrock Rovers

David Connolly is manager of Sligo Rovers

Damien Duff is manager of St Patrick's Athletic

Rory Delap is manager of Athlone Town

Clarence Seedorf is manager of Rangers

Ryan Giggs is manager of Motherwell

Adrian Mutu is manager of Romania

Craig Bellamy is manager of Wales

Josip Simunic is manager of Croatia

Jon Dahl Tomasson is manager of Denmark

Fabio Aurelio is manager of Central Coast Mariners

Mark Bresciano is manager of Melbourne Victory

Mark Viduka is manager of Newcastle Jets

Roberto Carlos is manager of Flamengo and was manager of Brazil but was sacked

Gilberto Silva is manager of America FC

Lucio is manager of EC Bahia

Tomas Galasek is manager of Police Union

Michael Owen is manager of Plymouth

Danny Murphy is manager of Reading

Richard Dunne is manager of WBA

Sol Campbell is manager of Blackpool

Ledley King is manager of Huddersfield

Danny Higginbotham is manager of Colchester

Wes Brown is manager of Crystal Palace

Luke Young is manager of Doncaster

Marlon Harewood is manager of Exeter

Matty Taylor is manager of Millwall

Anthony Gardner is manager of Peterborough (Matt Upson is assistant)

Zat Knight is manager of Notts County

Kevin Davies is manager of Shrewsbury

Nick Barmby is manager of Crewe

Rafael Marquez is manager of Club America

Zdenek Grygera is manager of Atlante

Emerson is manager of Necaxa

Walter Samuel is manager of Pumas

Wilfred Bouma is manager of Columbus Crew

Jay DeMerit is manager of Houston Dynamo

Brian McBride is manager of LA Galaxy

Carlos Bocanegra is manager of San Jose Earthquakes

These are some of the former players now managing in my game. There is a lot I know. :D

At Liverpool, I had Torres as my Assistant Manager. At Spurs I have Fabregas. And Micah Richards as coach.

Man City have Gerrard as boss, Barry and Crouch as coaches.

Man Utd have Scholes as coach

Newcastle have Shearer as boss with David N'Gog as Ass Man.

Vermaelen and Bilaydetinov are running Sunderland, following Park Ji Sung and Michael Essiens efforts.

Arsenal are managed by Paul Scharner

Aston Villa by Sol Campbell and David Suazo

Birmingham have Corluka as Ass Man, with T.Hibbert, F.Campbell, Fabianski and Agbonlahor as coaches.

Tom Huddlestone manages Coventry

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink manages Everton, Robbie Keane and Joe Hart are coaches.

Joe Cole and Stewart Downing run Ipswich. With Ricardo Carvalho as 1st team coach.

In other leagues, Joe Mattock and David Wheater run Notts County

Jack Wilshere runs Pompey

Carragher manages Barnsley, has done for over 10 years. Got them to the Championship, but not done much else other than get relegated and promotes once each in that time.

Owen Hargreaves manages Barnet

Lescott manages Bury

Kieron Richardson manages Swindon.

Lampard manages Deportivo.

Akinfeev manages Atletico Madrid.

Van Persie manages Rangers

Michael Essien manages Celtic.

Rooney manages Sporting CP

Scott Carson manages PSV

Ji Sung Park manages FC Twente

Steven Pienaar manages Stuttgart

Maik Taylor manages Bayern.

I'm playing as AC Milan in 2019, and Padova went down last season after a miserable season managed by Francesco Totti.

Off the top of my head I currently have Adebayor, Vieri, and Diego Milito as scouts. Will check tonight for more ex-players, but yes I very enjoy seeing Ryan Giggs appearing as a youth coach for Celtic, and various other randoms like that...

In my Boston Utd save Michael Mancienne was the England Manager.

i also saw Gareth Barry managing Sheffield Utd and had a good rivalry with him, Joe Cole was Everton Manager and I believe at one point Terry was the Chelsea Manager.

i have signed nolberto solano as a youth coach at start of season 3. patrick vieria applied to be my new ass-man but he didnt get it as i had a better applicant. vierias stats are still fairly good though

I love seeing players become coaches or scouts. In my Ajax save I had the aim of making former players coaches at the club so they could help pass on the knowledge of the club to the youngsters I had Wierlat(sp? cant remember his name but he is a cb for Ajax) Milevskyi,Sneijdar,Oojier as coaches and Buffon as a goalkeeping coach I also Van Der Vaart as a Scout.

Archived