INJURIES!? ridiculous

sorry to post a moany thread, but it's just totally absurd how many injuries there are. Haven't played FM for a couple of seasons due to not having a poweful enough PC. got my shiny new 8gb ram PC, and immediately thought of FM, heard the FM09 was a bit dodgy, but that this one was improved.

i've had 4 injuries in 1 match, and 3 and 2 injuries fairly often. I'm in late oct. I've had 3 players injured for 2 weeks after challenges in training, and the one that has got me really livid just happened. torres had his cheek fractured in training after a "robust" challenge. How often do you see that. as always, yes, it could happen. but 4 injuries caused by challenges in training in a few months? no way. and all the injuries in matches as well.

disappointing.

it's a top game, in terms of detail, options, this version is not buggy, but it's just the ways the game is made challenging are not realistic.

Yep. Started a season with Liverpool not long ago and torres has been injured 5 times already. Also had Gerrard out for 3 months, riera 3 weeks, kuyt 2 months, babel 2 weeks, johnson 1 month... It's been a joke and only half a season in :mad:

annoying mate.

i'm sure the die hard fans will come back with some comments, but the fact is this should not be happening. torres has had 3 injuries for me. aquillani comes back and gets small injuries in every game, never played him below 85%. babel's been injured twice. got a good free in as cover for torres, out for 4 months 2nd game! they're often small injuries, but still silly. how often do you see 2 players picking up inuries in a match? sometimes. 3 players, almost never. 4 players??

A) Players pick up knocks in matches all the time in RL.

B) Green crosses are knocks not injuries although they can turn into injuries after the match.

C) Over time injuries are closer now to RL than any other version but still on the low side.

D) Use the search, there are plenty of threads discussing injuries.

E) Liverpool had 56 actual injuries in RL last season.

A) Players pick up knocks in matches all the time in RL.

B) Green crosses are knocks not injuries although they can turn into injuries after the match.

C) Over time injuries are closer now to RL than any other version but still on the low side.

D) Use the search, there are plenty of threads discussing injuries.

E) Liverpool had 56 actual injuries in RL last season.

when did you hear of a player having his cheekbone fractured by a team mate in training? or a bad gash in his leg from a challenge?

i go to anfield and have never seen 4 players struggling with knocks. never seen 3 players either. maybe 2 a couple of times. and i regularly go to games where nobody picks up a knock, on either side.

including knocks in matches that caused short-term injuries i'm on course to having WELL over 57 injuries.

Honestly, I don't think the injuries are bad at all on FM10. I've never had any problems with patch 10.3 anyway. Take a look at your training, your tactics and monitor the conditions of your players before and during the match. I would suggest not playing players with 85% condition aswell.

when did you hear of a player having his cheekbone fractured by a team mate in training? or a bad gash in his leg from a challenge?

i go to anfield and have never seen 4 players struggling with knocks. never seen 3 players either. maybe 2 a couple of times. and i regularly go to games where nobody picks up a knock, on either side.

including knocks in matches that caused short-term injuries i'm on course to having WELL over 57 injuries.

Then you're doing something wrong.

i don't want to get into a long tit for tat, back and forward about it, there are no circumstances where this many injuries should be happening. i never play players below 90% and my training at the moment is still on default, and default should not be causing that many injuries. it's not about conditioning really anyway, it's all happening from "challenges"

if you've found ways of getting less injuries, well done, but default settings should not be seeing this many injuries. maybe good training would see having very few, but 4 knocks in a game (all led to time out, 3 of them a week or more,) in a game and players regularly injuring each other in training is silly.

I play exclusively in MLS, meaning I'm restricted to a maximum squad size of 24 players with no reserve/youth teams as a backup. I'm now almost finished with my third season and I can honestly say that injuries haven't been a concern for me. I believe the most injured players I've had at one time were 4 or 5, and my longest injury was about 3 months. I typically only see one/two week injuries at a time. Playing as Liverpool, I imagine you have some top-notch fitness coaches and physios, right? Even in MLS I've got two 5-star coaches for fitness, so I don't think the coaching/training should be the determining factor here. What kind of condition do you let players play at?

Problem is, like a lot of things, they are trying to replicate realism. So somebody has told them you need so many injuries to make it reflect RL. But somewhere they get there calculations completley wrong. 09 was miles out.

What percent chance is it of a long term injury compared to a couple of days injury. Are they taking into account that the injury table in RL shows the whole squad and not just the first team. They certainly didn't take that into account with 09. Thats why it was more like double what RL is.

They don't seem to take into account the fitness of your players. A naturally fit player should not get injured so much. What tactics you play. Your tactics should have some effect. What kind of injury it is and how he got it. Is he naturally injury prone?

It all seems completly random. It should only be a little random.

How may players in the WC has been injured? 1 or 2 a team. On fm your losing 3 a match.

They need to tell you what kind of injury it is. If it's something that shouldnt effect their football or playing on won't risk further damage we should be aware of it.

annoying mate.

i'm sure the die hard fans will come back with some comments, but the fact is this should not be happening. torres has had 3 injuries for me. aquillani comes back and gets small injuries in every game, never played him below 85%. babel's been injured twice. got a good free in as cover for torres, out for 4 months 2nd game! they're often small injuries, but still silly. how often do you see 2 players picking up inuries in a match? sometimes. 3 players, almost never. 4 players??

you have to realise that aquilani has not got good injury prone hes always injured when he was at roma he only played 48% of the games he could , SHOCKING and LIVERPOOL paid 20 million for a stud in the mud

Problem is, like a lot of things, they are trying to replicate realism. So somebody has told them you need so many injuries to make it reflect RL. But somewhere they get there calculations completley wrong.

I believe that just isn't true & if you look at the real life numbers that the number of injuries in FM mirrors real life very closely. IF YOU PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY.

if you've found ways of getting less injuries, well done, but default settings should not be seeing this many injuries. maybe good training would see having very few, but 4 knocks in a game (all led to time out, 3 of them a week or more,) in a game and players regularly injuring each other in training is silly.

Things that cause injuries in games:

1) Fast pace.

2) Closing down.

3) Hard tackling.

4) Players tired before the match (90% is far too low)

5) Fatigue ( see 1, 2, 3 & 4 above)

I'm sure other people have others but Sunday's injuries thread is pretty much the same as all the others.

Those are just names given to an injury, you could call them Jim & Bob if you want and it wouldn't make any difference to the game.

You get a player injured in training and the injury is selected randomly from a database with a weighting given so shorter injuries are more frequent.

You don't know who has knocks from watching.

Dead legs, bruises, sore muscles, slight strains are all commonplace and many players play through these type of knocks.

Arsenal had 90 last season, it varies from team to team & season to season.

If you are having high levels every season then you are pushing your players too hard.

Problem is, like a lot of things, they are trying to replicate realism. So somebody has told them you need so many injuries to make it reflect RL. But somewhere they get there calculations completley wrong. 09 was miles out.

What percent chance is it of a long term injury compared to a couple of days injury. Are they taking into account that the injury table in RL shows the whole squad and not just the first team. They certainly didn't take that into account with 09. Thats why it was more like double what RL is.

I don't know the % but short term injuries are much more frequent.

They don't seem to take into account the fitness of your players. A naturally fit player should not get injured so much. What tactics you play. Your tactics should have some effect. What kind of injury it is and how he got it. Is he naturally injury prone?

Injury proneness is a hidden attribute. I think strains fall into a different category to impact injuries as well.

How may players in the WC has been injured? 1 or 2 a team. On fm your losing 3 a match.

I've just played the European Championship, I had one injury during the tournament.

They need to tell you what kind of injury it is. If it's something that shouldnt effect their football or playing on won't risk further damage we should be aware of it.

Agreed.

You play players below 90% and wonder why they get knocks? I wont even play anybody below 95%, unless it's a top player and an important game. Yes, I still get injuries but you just get on with it.

• Administrators

Players just do pick up injuries I'm afraid. As others have suggested be careful with your more injury prone players (Torres, Aquallani), be wary of hard tackling and high tempo play for a whole match (so if you're winning drop off a bit and sub those players off) and don't train too intensively. Personally I think perhaps in-match injuries are a bit too high and training injuries too low, but saying that the overall level of injuries is pretty close to real life - and if anything is a tiny bit lower overall.

• 2 months later...

If you think injuries are low I've currantly got 8 players, 7 of them defenders out of a squad of 25 injured including 5 players who cover the left back position - this positional selection of injuries seems quite common.

I can honestly state that I can't recall my side in real life ever having that many first teamers out in 30+ years of watching them.

Players just do pick up injuries I'm afraid. As others have suggested be careful with your more injury prone players (Torres, Aquallani), be wary of hard tackling and high tempo play for a whole match (so if you're winning drop off a bit and sub those players off) and don't train too intensively. Personally I think perhaps in-match injuries are a bit too high and training injuries too low, but saying that the overall level of injuries is pretty close to real life - and if anything is a tiny bit lower overall.

Thanks for the comments... as for the frequency of injuries I would agree with Brock here. It's not bad at all if you watch for injury prone players and make sure to have good physios on staff.

However the injury system is fouled up in other ways as I've stated before. The stat losses happen far to easily with minor injuries, stat losses take far too long to recover, and worst of all the fact that any injury of any sort (wrist strain or torn calf) make the player just as useless for matches. Injuries are far to generic in this manner.

The system needs to be redesigned with different effects for injuries to different areas. Why would any arm injury prevent training or make a player too 'tired' to play if it's a big match and you need them? Why does a pulled hamstring cause a larger stat loss then a -torn calf-? (Check that, why does it cause -any- stat loss at all, it's minor) Why, when a payer has 'returned to full health' and is perfectly fit for matches, does it still take a year or more for lost stats to regen, assuming they regen at all?

So yeah, the frequency of injuries is ok... the rest of the injury system is just tossed together and needs to be reworked though.

If you think injuries are low I've currantly got 8 players, 7 of them defenders out of a squad of 25 injured including 5 players who cover the left back position - this positional selection of injuries seems quite common.

I can honestly state that I can't recall my side in real life ever having that many first teamers out in 30+ years of watching them.

You mean like when Carrick & Evra played at DC for Man Utd last season or the season before when Fellaini played up front for Everton.

my experiemce on injuries is a mixture. In my first two seasons, i was picking up a lot of injuries but i found that they started getting better as the seasons progressed. My advice - stick with it as they will get better.

btw - I make sure I have top notch fitness coaches and on my customised training schedules, I have these two at least half way on the slider bar for every position.

Not this load of rubbish again.

Read these threads:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/203042-Patch-10.3-INJURIES-GALORE!!!!!!?highlight=injuries

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/198415-Another-Injury-Thread?highlight=injury

Not only will they prove how useful the search function is, but they will prove you are wrong but also more importantly help you to fix your tactics and training so you can stop crying that the game is broken.

Also when moaning about injuries do you really think the uber fragile Aquilani and Torres are the 2 people to highlight as showing how broken the game is? Thats like moaning about excessive red cards and using Joey Barton as your paragon of virtue.

This is a pack ive made, contains all the latest transfers, a new injury model (so are more realistic, and more precise names) and a media pack, containing english media sources such as "The Sun" etc etc

I presume you've increased the ratio of injuries then given that FM is slightly lower than RL.

I presume you've increased the ratio of injuries then given that FM is slightly lower than RL.

I'm not sure this is the case - there are indeed roughly the same number of injuries in-game and in real life, but some are arguing that there are too many in-match injuries (and therefore too few out-of-match injuries).

I personally haven't experienced this though.

I posted same thing sometime ago. And with the help from more experienced players in this forum, I've learned that it is all about my tactics, training, team selection policy, and not checking the right places when signing a new player.

I am playing 442 and I have 4 top-class strikers, 4 top-class wingers, 4 top-class central midfielders 5-6 top-class defenders to rotate. Plus, I have mediocre replacements for them in the reserves just in case.

When signing a player, checking his injury history, checking reports if my staff saying anything about injury proneness.

Also regularly checking my players' training individually, if my coach says anything about his fitness/schedule etc.

Things are a lot smoother now. I have injuries, but they are at manageable level.

Its just fine imo if not enough. (or I may be lucky). Played a Network game with a friend, he have had maximum of 5 injurys at the same time through 2 seasons now, I have picked up a whooping maximum of 3 at the same time, and dont think my players have been injured 10 times in total even in those 2 seasons. And I play high tempo and hard tackles. But I had a game with Leverkusen where I had 21 players injured in the first team... out of 24... but that was FM 07 if I'm not misstaken.

anyway if you look at http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

there are alot of injurys in rl. But some players get more injured, also some players just injure others at training, like Anthony Annan... Never ever buying him again. Bought him as Backup for Mascherano at my liverpool game.. through the season he injured 10-12 players, that was before the CL final when he decided he wanted to start or something, and just injured Aquilani, Mascherano and Gerrard.

I've played a file for about 10 years (in game) and have had a couple of true injury nightmares. I've just come out of a situation where i had nine first-team squad members injured at once. however the real sticking point was that 7 were midfielders. on top of this two were season long! I actually really enjoyed it however mega challenge. I also think its quite realistic.

I think its pretty obvious to most people that the number of injuries are fine, there are a couple of points to improve on but the overall totals of injuries are no unrealistic at all.

I think the one thing I would change if it was up to me is the effect that tempo/tackling has on injuries. In my opinion, the number of injuries is too dependent on those things - play a slow tempo and you hardly ever get an injury, play a fast tempo and you can easily end up with huge injury problems. The tactic:injury ratio should be softened slightly, so that the extremes are lessened. I shouldn't go a season with only a couple of short term injuries, because that's just as bad as having half my squad injured.

The other thing I'm not too keen on is that if a player picks up an injury, it ALWAYS prevents him playing for a period of time. A lot of injuries don't actually prevent a player from training and playing; they just do so less effectively than if they were fully fit. I'd prefer to see a fair portion of new injuries be yellow injuries, rather than everything be red straight off the bat.

Only ever had one injury crisis although it was at Manchester United and I had Rooney out for 8 months (Broken Ankle), Vidic out for 3 months (Damaged knee ligaments) and VDS out for 2 months (Fractured cheek but I gave him an injection). I also had Evra,Carrick,Nani and Owen injured. I nearly smashed my laptop considering that all of the injuries happened in the space of 4 matches.

I think the one thing I would change if it was up to me is the effect that tempo/tackling has on injuries. In my opinion, the number of injuries is too dependent on those things - play a slow tempo and you hardly ever get an injury, play a fast tempo and you can easily end up with huge injury problems. The tactic:injury ratio should be softened slightly, so that the extremes are lessened. I shouldn't go a season with only a couple of short term injuries, because that's just as bad as having half my squad injured.

The other thing I'm not too keen on is that if a player picks up an injury, it ALWAYS prevents him playing for a period of time. A lot of injuries don't actually prevent a player from training and playing; they just do so less effectively than if they were fully fit. I'd prefer to see a fair portion of new injuries be yellow injuries, rather than everything be red straight off the bat.

I agree, and said the same thing in the other current whinging thread on injuries. And the add-on to the concept would be the niggling injury that never fully heals, cause you're always playing the player while he's got it.

I agree with that except i usually have players end up completely fine after a match after picking up a minor injury, if you take them off relativley early it usually won't have any effect. I've even had players play a full game with a minor injury and come out with nothing.

I've been playing since CM 01/02, so not a newbie, and I've read the threads. But there needs to be some kind of check beyond just randomness to prevent silly results. I posted earlier that my squad had 7 of 11 starters with long term injuries, with the same pace, tactics, training, etc. as past seasons. I've played more and as of now I have 10 of 11 starters out. Of those 10, 4 have broken legs, 2 have broken arms, 1 has a skull fracture, and the others all have other serious injuries.

That just doesn't happen in the real world that your entire starting squad is seriously injured. I think the random number generator (connected of course to other factors) has to be somewhat checked to insure that it doesn't produce the occasional silly result.

Archived