Patch 10.3-INJURIES GALORE!!!!!!

Can anyone help?

Im Manchester United atm, I am getting injury after injury. I am 4 months into the game and I have had at least 10 injuries at any one time, when somebody returns from injury, another 1 or 2 get injured instead and most of the players getting injured are in my main squad not just reserve players. It can't be the training schedule because I'm using Tuggs Training and havn't fiddled with it at all......

What could it be or is it just a bug?????

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It could be Tugs Training schedules, you don't know how your players will receive them. Try tuning them down a few notches and see if this reduces the number of injuries. Also, are your injuries coming in training or in matches?

• Administrators

Yeah I'd suggest doing a search before creating a new post, this issue has been raised before. I'd also suggest be wary of how intense you are training your team, and how demanding your tactics are of your players.

Yeah I'd suggest doing a search before creating a new post, this issue has been raised before. I'd also suggest be wary of how intense you are training your team, and how demanding your tactics are of your players.

How can a Tactic be demanding? I mean sure it can set up player move quickly on the field with little time wasting. But that is what is the training for, for the players practice the tactics and so on.

How can a Tactic be demanding? I mean sure it can set up player move quickly on the field with little time wasting. But that is what is the training for, for the players practice the tactics and so on.

he probably means having players on close down often. They will tire quickly and may pick up injuries easier

How many times have we heard 'its a bug' lol. Plenty of times IRL squads have been hit with tons of injuries, even struggling to field a squad. It s either bad luck or your training is too higher intensity.

Or it's a bug in the game.

It's really touching how people can think that the folks behind the game can get the injuries just right, perfect, when for example they can't get correct as simple thing as how many teams are relegated from the Austrian second level.

Wake up. This game is not made by omnipotent gods, and so there are real bugs and mistakes in it.

am sick of ppl questioning training regimes, its simple really 10.3 has decreased the threshold for injuries so u will see more of them even if u didnt have any training at all.

so instead of quetioning ppl about training or about how injury prone a player is just say it how it is, 10.3 has more injuries end off which is why i still play 10.2 and enjoy it immensely, unlike unpredictiable injurie galore piece of crap 10.3

Or it's a bug in the game.

It's really touching how people can think that the folks behind the game can get the injuries just right, perfect, when for example they can't get correct as simple thing as how many teams are relegated from the Austrian second level.

Wake up. This game is not made by omnipotent gods, and so there are real bugs and mistakes in it.

Or its not a bug in the game because bugs affect everybody :rolleyes:

am sick of ppl questioning training regimes, its simple really 10.3 has decreased the threshold for injuries so u will see more of them even if u didnt have any training at all.

so instead of quetioning ppl about training or about how injury prone a player is just say it how it is, 10.3 has more injuries end off which is why i still play 10.2 and enjoy it immensely, unlike unpredictiable injurie galore piece of crap 10.3

Its hardly SI's fault that you have a low, unrealistic expectation of how many injuries there should be is it :rolleyes:

not really since ive played every fm since 05 and every patch and this is by far been the worse patch released to date and has more complaints than any other patch i have gd reason to be ****ed of with it.

not really since ive played every fm since 05 and every patch and this is by far been the worse patch released to date and has more complaints than any other patch i have gd reason to be ****ed of with it.

No, this patch has the most injuries of any other which is realistic given previous versions/patches have had a much lower level of injuries compared to RL.

Should SI not aim to get as close to RL as possible?

its ur opinion that its more close to real life, my opinion is it isnt since ive seen the same player get injured twice in training by 2 different ppl in a week....UNREALISTIC.

Look at a number of clubs right now, my team Doncaster haven't had more than 5 subs recently. Portsmouth last night had 4. It's more realistic, just more bloody annoying.

Theres a good reason that I avoid this forum now and post like yours sum it up. Uninformed, ignorance is not an excuse for making an idiot of yourself.

I've said it a million times, the injuries in 10.3 are the closest to real life ever seen in an FM game. Before we have been lucky that they have not been as realistic, but now they have it spot on it forces us to rotate properly, look carefully at training intensity throughout the season and if you do these things you will have no problem. There are plenty of threads about this were people have taken the time to run comparisons with FM and real life and every time FM is still below real life. If you don't believe me do a search on this topic and you'll find these posts.

Its not a bug you just need to wise up, grow up and learn how to play the game.

its ur opinion that its more close to real life, my opinion is it isnt since ive seen the same player get injured twice in training by 2 different ppl in a week....UNREALISTIC.

Can you prove it isn't closer to RL?

All the previous threads on the subject have shown it is.

As for your second point thats just unlucky NOT unrealistic but if you are going to be so blinkered its not worth continuing the discussion.

injurie table for epl - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

now that many injuries in there squads, portsmouth only have 4 at the moment and when i play 10.3 at least half the clubs in the league have over 7 injuries each at any given time, again its not more realistic, not every club has 7 injuries at a time, not even 5.

Theres a good reason that I avoid this forum now and post like yours sum it up. Uninformed, ignorance is not an excuse for making an idiot of yourself.

I've said it a million times, the injuries in 10.3 are the closest to real life ever seen in an FM game. Before we have been lucky that they have not been as realistic, but now they have it spot on it forces us to rotate properly, look carefully at training intensity throughout the season and if you do these things you will have no problem. There are plenty of threads about this were people have taken the time to run comparisons with FM and real life and every time FM is still below real life. If you don't believe me do a search on this topic and you'll find these posts.

Its not a bug you just need to wise up, grow up and learn how to play the game.

then why u here replying to my post?i know how to play the game clown, ur just a idiot who cant accept that a previous patch in 10.2 is far surpirior, theres still injuries and i do rotate my squad. chances are am way more experienced than you when it comes to fm, 10.3 sucks to me and to many others, in fact not as many ppl have hated a patch untill now.

injurie table for epl - http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

now that many injuries in there squads, portsmouth only have 4 at the moment and when i play 10.3 at least half the clubs in the league have over 7 injuries each at any given time, again its not more realistic, not every club has 7 injuries at a time, not even 5.

Strangely enough physioroom was one of the sources people have used for reference in other threads including myself.

The RL injury table looks fairly low at the moment when compared to the rest of this season.

Snapshots always have a risk of showing misleading information but over the course of a season the data in FM is much closer RL than previous versions.

Just to say I dont think anyone thinks there are any injury bugs, what some people are saying that SI have got the coding wrong or whatever it is and hence there are too many injuries happening as a result - SI have overstated the amount of injuries as opposed to it being a bug - a bug is something that should not be there. Not that I'm saying there are injury problems.

Edit: Having used my own traing throughout my time on FM I decided to have a go with both Tugs and Frasers- biggest mistake ever - so many injuries - my players coliding with each other in training etc and before I had never had a training related injury! I even reduced the intensity and I still got injuries - that may be the problem but who knows!

just plane no dude, fm is to extreme even compared to real life, every game i get knocks to more than 1 player at a time, i havent even finshed pre season half the time and my full right side of my team are out injured, then the injuries pile up after only 5 games of the season and am sitting with 7 injures plus, in fact the injuries do the rotating for me since i only have 1 player fit for some positions.

then why u here replying to my post?i know how to play the game clown, ur just a idiot who cant accept that a previous patch in 10.2 is far surpirior, theres still injuries and i do rotate my squad. chances are am way more experienced than you when it comes to fm, 10.3 sucks to me and to many others, in fact not as many ppl have hated a patch untill now.

No need for insults. I'm not an idiot and take great exception to it. Who cares who is more experienced than who. I'm enjoying my game with very few injuries, you're not, so who's doing the right thing here?

You would do well to check this thread in particular post 77. However you will probably look at it all and decide you are still right. Thats why I don't bother to come to GD anymore, however sometimes I see nonsense like this thread and your comments and have to educate the more open minded intelligent users that just because someone says so, doesn't make something right.

Enjoy the read, you might learn something, unlikely as it may be.

Please cut out the abuse, the text speak and the swearing eh?

say ur right ok and the injuries are close to real life, why does the game auto set up 6 plus friendlies for you when u take control of a team knowing that ur team cant handle it? which they clearly cant since i have to always cancel at least 2 friendlies when i take over a team which i never had to do in previous fm's and patches.

Just to comment on the discussion: SI code the amount of injuries based on the actual statistics submitted for the main leagues world wide- there will be some instances of times when the numbers will be above that average but also times when they are below. Nobody remembers when they have few injuries and only remember when they have a lot.

say ur right ok and the injuries are close to real life, why does the game auto set up 6 plus friendlies for you when u take control of a team knowing that ur team cant handle it? which they clearly cant since i have to always cancel at least 2 friendlies when i take over a team which i never had to do in previous fm's and patches.

You can set how many friendlies you play, thats not set in stone. I play 6 or 7 friendlies every season and somehow get through them with no problem, but again I'm not afflicted by this supposed 'bug'. As an aside on friendlies, if we compare to real life, as stated I play 6 or 7 yet looking at my team IRL (Spurs, 2-1 last night get in!) they played 9 friendlies this pre season, seems to have done us all right.

In this case mate I am right, that thread contains all the evidence needed, there is another thread started by Nepenthez that has lots of ideas and info on how to combat this 'bug' that has done well by a lot of people.

I sincerely hope that these threads can help you enjoy this patch :thup:

EDIT: This is the thread by Nepenthez

Just to comment on the discussion: SI code the amount of injuries based on the actual statistics submitted for the main leagues world wide- there will be some instances of times when the numbers will be above that average but also times when they are below. Nobody remembers when they have few injuries and only remember when they have a lot.

So what your saying is that if there is a freak event that put 20 players injured in every team in all leagues (i know I'm exaggerating) in season then SI will code the amount of injuries based on that statistic? So imagine this then, a freak event puts all teams in every league in the world not to suffer injuries will SI will code the amount of injuries based on that statistic?

Sorry for me that makes absolutely no sense at all.

So what your saying is that if there is a freak event that put 20 players injured in every team in all leagues (i know I'm exaggerating) in season then SI will code the amount of injuries based on that statistic? So imagine this then, a freak event puts all teams in every league in the world not to suffer injuries will SI will code the amount of injuries based on that statistic?

So you are saying that SI should not look at real life statistics to get the injuries right? Ok then what would be the best method? Roll of a dice? Measuring the humidity level of the pitch? Looking at how many clouds are in the sky?

Please elaborate, I'm really curious.

If it was a bug, everyone would have it.

I've got six saves now on 10.3, League 1, Prem, Serie A and BBVA, and have no such problems.

I have a physically and tactically intensive pre-season regime then switch to individual position training, none of which, including pre-season, go over the top end of "medium".

Call it a bug if you like, but look at teams in real life. Arsenal last night had 7 first teamers out. Over Christmas Man U had 8 out, inlcuding EVERY centre back.

I don't think SI will ever get everything perfect, or even most things (note: PERFECT) but injuries are one of the areas they have done particularly well, IMO.

To be honest, I had the opposite problem the past 3 seasons. I had hardly any injuries, to the point that I had to shrink my squad size and include youngsters as backups, that don't complain too much for lack of first team football. Reason being I had too many unhappy players as I could play my first choices for most of the season.

I don't really recall an injury longer than 5 weeks. Most of my injuries have been between 7 days and 14 days, and I can count them on my fingertips each season.

I'm running version 10.3, using tug training and playing in Serie B for the past 3 season (so playing only league games, did not do very good in league cup).

You are correct- that makes absolutely no sense at all and is a ridiculous argument.

During testing, SI do all manner of reviews on all the game statistics and compare them to the stats that are in the public domain. The number of injuries and their type and level of seriousness will reflect the injury stats that are produced for all the main leagues and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to reflect current day figures. How else do you think that injury levels can be coded? What you also do as a manager in setting your training, and in game tactics will also affect the number of injuries.

In my current wolves save I lost the premier league title on the last day of the season, i'm certain the reason is because for the third match in a row, I had 6 or 7 injuries which included 3 out of my 4 strikers, meaning a youth player was in my starting XI, and only 2 of my outfield subs were from the first team squad.

But do you know what? This is not a bug, or a mistake in coding etc etc: this was the 4th season and the first time I'd had such a large amount of injuries. I'd been lucky in the past and it was about time I was hit with alot of injuries at the same time.

Most of the time I had less-than-average number of injured players in my squad, so it stands to reason that sometimes, occasionally, I'll have more than average.

ive said it before and il say it again, tugs training is bad.

Yeah, I love the way that everyone seems to think that it is the golden ticket. Tell you what, make your own training schedules then when it all goes wrong you can only blame yourself.

Look at a number of clubs right now, my team Doncaster haven't had more than 5 subs recently. Portsmouth last night had 4. It's more realistic, just more bloody annoying.

Portsmouth having only 4 subs had nothing to do with injuries. It was because a lot of players have clauses in their contracts where if they play a set number of games in a season they get bonuses or an automatic contract renewal.

Portsmouth can't afford to pay these players these bonuses or renew their contracts when they will be in the championship so they simply cant play these players again.

The only way they could play these players is if they did what David James did and cancel any clauses in their contract which would stop them from playing :thup:

ive said it before and il say it again, tugs training is bad.

Theres nothing wrong with Tugs Training. I use it on every single save I make and have used it on every patch with no tweaks.

Yes I have injuries but no more than you would expect. A lot of injuries you get are when players get a knock in training or a bit of a strain and are out for about 5 days.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the amount of injuries but I do think the length of the injuries are wrong, let me explain.

When a player gets injured you get a message saying player X is injured for Y days/weeks/months. Thats is it, when they say a player is out for a time thats the time they are out for. Rooney's recent injury, he was supposed to be out for 3 weeks yet was fit to play in a match 8 days later and had been training.

In the game at the moment there is no way for a player to get fit ahead of schedule or even have set backs with recovery and be out longer. This is what needs to change IMO.

You are correct- that makes absolutely no sense at all and is a ridiculous argument.

During testing, SI do all manner of reviews on all the game statistics and compare them to the stats that are in the public domain. The number of injuries and their type and level of seriousness will reflect the injury stats that are produced for all the main leagues and will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to reflect current day figures. How else do you think that injury levels can be coded? What you also do as a manager in setting your training, and in game tactics will also affect the number of injuries.

So you are saying that SI should not look at real life statistics to get the injuries right? Ok then what would be the best method? Roll of a dice? Measuring the humidity level of the pitch? Looking at how many clouds are in the sky?

Please elaborate, I'm really curious.

Si should not look at statistics to get injuries right not only just season that is being played. It should count past seasons and calculate an average of the amount of injuries in game.

FrazT said it was ridiculous argument, maybe due i highly exagerated, but what your saying is basically since this season the average player being injured is 5 per club that is the average in the game. So next season the average of injured players in club declines for 3 players, then that is the realistic statistics for the next game.

Again that doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you do this if there isn't going to be inconsistency in the injuries and risking people complain and have these threads created.

My suggestion? well despite Ricki "suggestions" would work for RPG or weather channel, my suggestion is picking the last ten seasons of several clubs and find out the average per club of injuries and then set that up as the default that you after new season has eneded you update the data. Is it hard work? Yes it is, but at least you have some consistency in the number of injuries.

Si should not look at statistics to get injuries right not only just season that is being played. It should count past seasons and calculate an average of the amount of injuries in game.

FrazT said it was ridiculous argument, maybe due i highly exagerated, but what your saying is basically since this season the average player being injured is 5 per club that is the average in the game. So next season the average of injured players in club declines for 3 players, then that is the realistic statistics for the next game.

Again that doesn't make any sense at all. Why would you do this if there isn't going to be inconsistency in the injuries and risking people complain and have these threads created.

My suggestion? well despite Ricki "suggestions" would work for RPG or weather channel, my suggestion is picking the last ten seasons of several clubs and find out the average per club of injuries and then set that up as the default that you after new season has eneded you update the data. Is it hard work? Yes it is, but at least you have some consistency in the number of injuries.

How do you know this isn't what they did?

How do you know this isn't what they did?

I'm just responding to what FrazT said few posts back: " SI code the amount of injuries based on the actual statistics submitted for the main leagues world wide- there will be some instances of times when the numbers will be above that average but also times when they are below"

Now if SI come here and say that is what they do is what I suggested, then I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.

I'm just responding to what FrazT said few posts back: " SI code the amount of injuries based on the actual statistics submitted for the main leagues world wide- there will be some instances of times when the numbers will be above that average but also times when they are below"

Now if SI come here and say that is what they do is what I suggested, then I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.

Well given that SI have been making CM/FM for over 15 years and will have significant amounts of real world data from that time frame it seems sensible to assume they'll have taken it all into account.

Just in case you've got the wrong end of the stick Fraz wasn't talking about different versions/patches of FM when he said about being over & under the average.

He was talking about during a save/season within the game there are times when you have next to no injuries and other times when you suffer a crisis. Over several seasons during a save the averages come closer to RL figures than any other version of FM.

Archived