Patch 10.3-INJURIES GALORE!!!!!!

I'm just responding to what FrazT said few posts back: " SI code the amount of injuries based on the actual statistics submitted for the main leagues world wide- there will be some instances of times when the numbers will be above that average but also times when they are below"

Now if SI come here and say that is what they do is what I suggested, then I'm happy to admit I'm wrong.

I've produced an analysis for them that took into account training and match hours, training facilities, quality of training and type of injury across clubs ranging from elite continental sides to college football teams. You can look at physioroom.com data that goes back years and years.

Read posts 192-4 here for a very rough summary of the above and how close FM 10.3 fits with it.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an Arsenal supporter I am ****ed off at Wenger for using Tug's training schedules....!

Arsenal currently have Arshavin, Fabregas Gallas, Song, etc out due to his training regime. RVP is just back from the dea as well!!!

Tug will soon be contacted by some "legal consultants"...........

As an Arsenal supporter I am ****ed off at Wenger for using Tug's training schedules....!

Arsenal currently have Arshavin, Fabregas Gallas, Song, etc out due to his training regime. RVP is just back from the dea as well!!!

Tug will soon be contacted by some "legal consultants"...........

Gooner with sense of humour shock! ;)

In loads of these threads I've quoted your club as an example when people have said that injuries are unrealistic. Particularly at one poster who said it was impossible to have 2 players break their leg in the same season, you guys have since proven that completely false (Nasri, Ramsey and Fabricarse).

Off topic I know but has anyone mentioned Wednesday night to you? 2-1? Still got that sense of humour? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Try creating individual training schedules relevant to different areas of your team, such as defence wings, midfield defence, midfield attack, etc.

There is no 'bug' people just need to realise the game wasn't designed to be simple. You want real non-cheating(adding a manager to a team just to buy its players!!!!!!!!!Sad sad sad!!) success then you have to grow a brain cell and work at it.

I've been playing patch 3 for some time and have minor problems with injury but nothing to write home about.

I don't think that individual training schedules help one bit. I've got own schedules for defenders, defensive midfielders, midfielders etc, I have lighter schedules for those players who were unhappy with heavier schedules, I have even schedules for some individual players hoping to meet their needs.

It doesn't help one bit when it comes to the quantity of injuries.

So I've made tackling cautious, less pressing, closing down as few players as possible. It doesn't help in the amount of injuries I get, and it doesn't help when it comes to how many truly severe injuries I seem to get, but it does seem to make the injuries on average less bad, turning 3-4 weeks off to 6 days off etc.

But the amount of injuries itself is staggering. And I say it's utterly unrealistic, grotesque exaggeration. It's like every fake injury on the field made to spent time or to get a card for opposing player is turned into a real injury in this game.

But the amount of injuries itself is staggering. And I say it's utterly unrealistic, grotesque exaggeration. It's like every fake injury on the field made to spent time or to get a card for opposing player is turned into a real injury in this game.

If you feel there is a bug then provide details rather than just making sweeping statements.

No of players in your squad, quantity of injuries over the last 2-3 seasons, length of injuries during that period etc etc

I don't think that individual training schedules help one bit. I've got own schedules for defenders, defensive midfielders, midfielders etc, I have lighter schedules for those players who were unhappy with heavier schedules, I have even schedules for some individual players hoping to meet their needs.

It doesn't help one bit when it comes to the quantity of injuries.

So I've made tackling cautious, less pressing, closing down as few players as possible. It doesn't help in the amount of injuries I get, and it doesn't help when it comes to how many truly severe injuries I seem to get, but it does seem to make the injuries on average less bad, turning 3-4 weeks off to 6 days off etc.

It must be something you are doing, because literally millions of people are playing this game happily and succesfully and without crying 'bug' every time an event or events go against them.

Your username is very apt.

I've got several injuries on my Liverpool game (10.3). In September right now and don't have a fit full back. Aurelio, Insua, Johnson, Degen are all injured. Also have Skrtel out for a few months, Torres is hurt as well.

Playing Gerrard at right back and Agger at left back :) good times.

Also have a game where I am Man City (joined them in 2017). At one point last year I literally had no fit strikers, wingers or full backs. Using the default training, 5 star coaches.

I don't think it is a bug, just unlucky.

If you feel there is a bug then provide details rather than just making sweeping statements.

No of players in your squad, quantity of injuries over the last 2-3 seasons, length of injuries during that period etc etc

Actually, I'm just collecting that data for my current season, saving every note about injuries and after the season I'm going to look for just such things.

And frankly, I don't think I for example can be unlucky with all my current teams in 10.3. It's a similar amount of injuries with all of them.

It must be something you are doing, because literally millions of people are playing this game happily and succesfully and without crying 'bug' every time an event or events go against them.

Your username is very apt.

I suppose those millions of people are all playing with Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United, using tactics and training schedules made by someone else, using the corner bugs etc, and saving and loading often. I would be happy too, I think.

I suppose those millions of people are all playing with Barcelona, Real Madrid or Manchester United, using tactics and training schedules made by someone else, using the corner bugs etc, and saving and loading often. I would be happy too, I think.

Ok so now you assume that if people don't have a problem with injuries must be cheating??? I can't believe that this discussion is still going on! Yes there are more injuries in 10.3, no it is not a bug, no it does not affect the AI less than you, yes it is realistic.

In my current save, I've been playing without a proper RB for 3 months and recently both my DM's were out for about a month, for a week or so both were injured at the same time. Currently I have 5 injuries, though most are not serious. Most of the season I've only had one or two.

This is nothing compared to Wolves in real life. For months on end all our players who have ever played RM before were out - Kightly, Edwards and Keogh. Our LB had an operation after about four games, putting him out for 2 months, but it was botched so he has been playing on for the rest of the season with injections and needs another operation in the summer. Of course SEB, our star championship striker has only scored twice this season, one of which was last weekend, probably because he has been out for around a month twice this season, and never fully regained fitness.

I think FM still has less injuries than real life...

My only problem is that i think that the AI is too aggressive sometimes.

I try to only line up 100% fit players and more often than not, on the first 10 minutes of a match someone has picked up a knock, now i perfectly accept that it happens specially on the most important games.

But it just doesn't happen IRL in some mid-table unimportant match on the middle of the season.. even on pre-season friendlies the AI plays too harsh IMO.

I have been playing as Manchester United, using "downloaded" training schedules I designed, with tactics I discuss frequently, and have had all my Leftbacks injured at the same time this season. That's positively pleasant compared to what happened to Manchester United this season in real life.

Annoying yes, sometimes even match threatening, but it's hardly unrealistic.

It's not just training that can cause injuries.Preseason, man management are, also, very important.You don't pay attention to those , it will bite you back in long run.If you have congested schedule and/or bad pitch/weather conditions you have to adjust too.You can't expect players to pull same weight like it's sunny, mild weather with superb pitch conditions.

In every game with 2010, and that being EPL, BSS, Turkish 2 league(so with quite variations of player quality), at most that i had was 2-3 first team players being injured at same time(ok once i had 4 for like 1 month) .I don't use default trainings(never did), or any custom made like TuG, but my own that i have since like FM 05 or FM 06.

I had no injury crisis in any of version with FM10, nor i had any issues in previous editions either, with exception of one when SI did admit "injury bug " (which they fixed it in next patch).And knocks are fairly rare, and only if opposition goes with hard tackling and heavy pressing.

No disrespect to OP or anyone else , but there is no "injury bug" in FM10. They did rework stamina from 10.0 to 10.3 , but not in such manner that it causes injuries.

Sweeping generalisations galore. Nice, intelligent discussion is what we need.;)

Can anyone help?

Im Manchester United atm, I am getting injury after injury. I am 4 months into the game and I have had at least 10 injuries at any one time, when somebody returns from injury, another 1 or 2 get injured instead and most of the players getting injured are in my main squad not just reserve players. It can't be the training schedule because I'm using Tuggs Training and havn't fiddled with it at all......

What could it be or is it just a bug?????

I am in my 5th month with the new patch, using my own training schedule and I have only had 5 injuries (only 1 serious). 4 of the 5 injuries have happened during games. Personally I think this latest patch is pretty damn good. Good work SI!

OK, I'll try some of these suggestions, and I do think the training intensity is a bit high and my tactic is very attacking with hardly any time wasting and whole pitch closing down.

Cheers :)

I use the same tactics with Tug's training

and guess what half way through one person out long term and that was caused by some numpty studding him and breaking his leg

Either I'm extremely unlucky or there's an injury bug.

Started a game as Barcelona, was going well despite losing Dani Alves, Iniesta, Ibra, and Messi to long term injuries. Then I lose Marquez, Keita, and Henry to long term injuries (shortest was 4-5 weeks, longest 6 months)

So basically I lost most of my first team.

Not realistic, and I was just using the General training that's default

Either I'm extremely unlucky or there's an injury bug.

Started a game as Barcelona, was going well despite losing Dani Alves, Iniesta, Ibra, and Messi to long term injuries. Then I lose Marquez, Keita, and Henry to long term injuries (shortest was 4-5 weeks, longest 6 months)

So basically I lost most of my first team.

Not realistic, and I was just using the General training that's default

*Cough* Brown, O'Shea, Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Fabio, Rafael, Van Der Sar *Cough*

That's just the defence...

I only use part time training of course (as all my players are part timers).

I am now 3 matches into a new save in the BSN and have 4 relatively long term injuries, which isn't good when you only have a small squad. However, what is worse is that they are all midfielders. I find this tendency of the AI to concentrate on one area annoying - it's an issue which I have noticed before. They have all been caused in matches, not during training.

What I also find annoying is that there seem to be relatively few short term injuries in FM (say a week or so). Most seem to be 3 weeks plus.

Whilst I can understand people saying that training is responsible for certain types of injury, I really don't see why a training issue should result in a player getting a gashed leg or broken nose or broken collarbone. Muscle strains, twisted ankles I can understand but why broken legs?

I totally agree with Coentrao about over aggressive AI in pre season matches as well. It simply isn't realistic to pick up the number of injuries which appear to occur then as a result of 'robust tackling' by the AI. Friendly matches don't involve tackling of that sort normally in my experience - certainly I can recall very very few injuries in pre-seasons whilst watching Rushden in the BSP and even fewer as the result of heavy tackling.

Never had any real injury problems in my 3 seasons with my Man City save so far. Players out for 2-3 weeks from time to time is common IRL. I used my own training schedules and I never put a player on a high or very high workload regime. Using Tugs trainings or SFraser's increase the risk of injuries because of their very high intensive workload.

Can anyone help?

Im Manchester United atm, I am getting injury after injury. I am 4 months into the game and I have had at least 10 injuries at any one time, when somebody returns from injury, another 1 or 2 get injured instead and most of the players getting injured are in my main squad not just reserve players. It can't be the training schedule because I'm using Tuggs Training and havn't fiddled with it at all......

What could it be or is it just a bug?????

This is why I am still playing 10.2 mate. Did try 10.3-but got too many injurys!!..

Actually, I'm just collecting that data for my current season, saving every note about injuries and after the season I'm going to look for just such things.

And frankly, I don't think I for example can be unlucky with all my current teams in 10.3. It's a similar amount of injuries with all of them.

In case you don't know you can view all the injuries a player has suffered by going to his history, then injuries. It doesn't show the current one though until he has recovered.

What I also find annoying is that there seem to be relatively few short term injuries in FM (say a week or so). Most seem to be 3 weeks plus.

Some of your other "observations" I would possibly agree with and would be worth looking into further but this is simply not the case.

Here is the post I made last month in another injury thread which shows the spread of my injuries with 49% of them being less than two weeks.

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4974471&postcount=189

If you feel your save shows a significantly different pattern then do the work and provide the results but I suspect it won't differ too much from mine.

EDIT

Just realised you are a part time club, which would lead me to assume you have a fairly poor physio. In which case injury messages would be fairly inaccurate with a wider recovery estimate that could be giving you a false impression of length.

Why bother, its already been done and proven that 10.3 injuries are as realistic as RL. Go to post 27 in this thread that links you to another thread where someone has done all the hard work already.

THERE IS NO INJURY BUG!!!!!

Why bother, its already been done and proven that 10.3 injuries are as realistic as RL. Go to post 27 in this thread that links you to another thread where someone has done all the hard work already.

Then I'm happy for you and hope that what happen to other people doesn't happen to you. :thup:

Then I'm happy for you and hope that what happen to other people doesn't happen to you. :thup:

It won't, because I use sensible rotation, sensible training which changes intensity up and down as when required to ensure that my players aren't overloaded. I give players rests from training after particularly intensive games where I have had to press a lot or have been run all over a big pitch.

And you know what, in many seasons in many saves I've not come across this injury bug that you are so convinced exists. If it did there would be millions upset, as its just a few of you I'm fairly certain that its something you are doing. :thup:

It won't, because I use sensible rotation, sensible training which changes intensity up and down as when required to ensure that my players aren't overloaded. I give players rests from training after particularly intensive games where I have had to press a lot or have been run all over a big pitch.

And you know what, in many seasons in many saves I've not come across this injury bug that you are so convinced exists. If it did there would be millions upset, as its just a few of you I'm fairly certain that its something you are doing. :thup:

well said. if you do all of the above you wont have a problem :thup:

if you start a player that is on 75% condition then expect him to get an injury. Simple as that. Rotation is the key

I only use part time training of course (as all my players are part timers).

I am now 3 matches into a new save in the BSN and have 4 relatively long term injuries, which isn't good when you only have a small squad. However, what is worse is that they are all midfielders. I find this tendency of the AI to concentrate on one area annoying - it's an issue which I have noticed before. They have all been caused in matches, not during training.

Whilst I can understand people saying that training is responsible for certain types of injury, I really don't see why a training issue should result in a player getting a gashed leg or broken nose or broken collarbone. Muscle strains, twisted ankles I can understand but why broken legs?

I totally agree with Coentrao about over aggressive AI in pre season matches as well. It simply isn't realistic to pick up the number of injuries which appear to occur then as a result of 'robust tackling' by the AI. Friendly matches don't involve tackling of that sort normally in my experience - certainly I can recall very very few injuries in pre-seasons whilst watching Rushden in the BSP and even fewer as the result of heavy tackling.

That's actually a hugely important point you bring up.

I have also noticed that my injuries tend to come from the same or similar positions, and that area is the area where I am asking my players to do the most work.

I play an assymetric 4-4-2 with a left midfielder tucked inside and playing narrow. 75% of my most serious injuries have occured to those players playing in the Left Back position, that is asked not only to defend, but to play as the key wide left player in my attack.

There are clear trends in this game, but they are not "AI generated". The "AI" does not concentrate on a single area, human users suffer injuries in areas that they are exerting and demanding of.

Do not take this the wrong way Rupal, but you are far too quick to judge. I would expect someone of your obvious intelligence and articulation to not only be able to explain the gameplay defined and purposely produced Injury risks to other users, but accurately explain any existing game weaknesses.

Far too quick to judge. It does you absolutely no favours at all. Take it how you wish but it is not meant as an insult, but as a criticism.

I have also noticed that my injuries tend to come from the same or similar positions, and that area is the area where I am asking my players to do the most work.

I play an assymetric 4-4-2 with a left midfielder tucked inside and playing narrow. 75% of my most serious injuries have occured to those players playing in the Left Back position, that is asked not only to defend, but to play as the key wide left player in my attack.

There are clear trends in this game, but they are not "AI generated". The "AI" does not concentrate on a single area, human users suffer injuries in areas that they are exerting and demanding of.

Do not take this the wrong way Rupal, but you are far too quick to judge. I would expect someone of your obvious intelligence and articulation to not only be able to explain the gameplay defined and purposely produced Injury risks to other users, but accurately explain any existing game weaknesses.

Far too quick to judge. It does you absolutely no favours at all. Take it how you wish but it is not meant as an insult, but as a criticism.

There is actually issue with AI resorting to hard tackling and high closing way to often. If they are chasing result, they do it...if they are holding onto result they do it. It's not that extensive as it was in FM09 , but it's still too frequent of occurrence. Combine that with possible jadedness and/or lack of player skill and/or pitch condition/weather and/or late match tiredness , and there is very high probability of injury happening.

In Rupal's case, part-timers would be more prone to picking up injury due to lower level of training quality and lack of skill on both sides, in combination to mentioned above.

I did post this year ago , and i am still noticing that AI uses hard tackling to "clear his way towards your goal", as they try to consistently beat certain human players in order to create advantage for themselves.It's very easy to notice that when you see your DC or FB constantly getting fouled in front of his own box without ball, time after time. Again, that can lead to injury very easy.

There is actually issue with AI resorting to hard tackling and high closing way to often. If they are chasing result, they do it...if they are holding onto result they do it. It's not that extensive as it was in FM09 , but it's still too frequent of occurrence. Combine that with possible jadedness and/or lack of player skill and/or pitch condition/weather and/or late match tiredness , and there is very high probability of injury happening.

In Rupal's case, part-timers would be more prone to picking up injury due to lower level of training quality and lack of skill on both sides, in combination to mentioned above.

I did post this year ago , and i am still noticing that AI uses hard tackling to "clear his way towards your goal", as they try to consistently beat certain human players in order to create advantage for themselves.It's very easy to notice that when you see your DC or FB constantly getting fouled in front of his own box without ball, time after time. Again, that can lead to injury very easy.

Hard Tackling and high Closing Down is the opposite of timewasting which the AI also employs regularly.

The problem is that the human user does not understand what causes injuries and does not use the correct strategy to defeat the opponents tactics.

If I am being Hard Tackled I will go with high Timewasting, which is akin to "diving" in this context. The opponent will mount up yellow cards due to the frequency of tackles, while my players will attempt to avoid any extrenuous activity.

This results in superior condition, superior booking counts, superior possession, superior set peices in dangerous areas etc. Very often my opponent will be down to ten or nine men and I will have an average of a 20% or higher condition advantage for the last 20 minutes.

The AI will do this to you. Learn from it.

Do not whinge about it because you have failed to watch what is going on in a match and failed to use tactics and strategies that are atleast on an equal footing. Failure to adequately use Timewasting, especially when the AI uses it constantly, is a mark against your ability as a manager and as a player of a game and not a mark against the game.

I'm not really making judgements here SFraser, just giving an account of what's happened. All my injuries are to midfielders (as it happens, one AMC and the rest MCs). I'd go along with the idea that midfielders were somehow more likely to be injured (which isn't an unreasonable supposition at all) except that I've noticed in previous saves similar tendencies with defenders and strikers as well and I remember other people saying the same thing in odd posts here and there over the last year or two.

I am totally incapable of explaining the mechanism involved (if there is one) because my knowledge of game programming and computers in general is, in FM ratings terms, 1. It would be like asking a person who can't boil an egg to come up with a cordon bleu dinner on Masterchef.

To get back to the point, it may, of course, just be coincidental, but this trend does seem to me to happen rather more often than one would expect, although this is a subjective judgement, as, quite honestly, I have better things to do with my time than to keep records of these sorts of things, which would be an extremely boring exercise from my point of view! I leave the explanation of this to people who actually know something about the way in which these things work in FM. I'm just saying what I and others have seen, that's all. It happens and, when it does, it's annoying. But, as I said, if somebody comes on from SI and says that it's only coincidence then I'll happily accept that my subjective opinion is wrong on this one.

I believe that there is a definite issue with pre-season injuries, though, which I am pretty sure are more frequent in occurrence than is realistic. Real-life pre-seasons are normally pretty restrained affairs, as no manager wants injuries before the season even starts. This doesn't apply to FM, where it's commonplace to get injuries caused by hard AI tackles. I'm not talking about things like muscle strains when chasing the ball and so on. I appreciate that players aren't fit at this stage of proceedings (pre-seasons are largely fitness exercises after all) but that really shouldn't make them more likely to pick up a broken toe from a vigorous AI challenge. It's particularly glaringly obvious in the case of the match against one's own reserves which one is offered at the start. I never play this now because you are so likely to get a key player hurt even though you have them on low closing down and restrained tackling because your idiot assman has the reserves crunching away! In the interests of realism, I think it might be better (if possible), therefore, for the AI to be put on light tackling for non-competitive matches, which I imagine might help to alleviate this problem.

It's interesting that you increase time wasting in order to combat AI fouling. It's not at all obvious (to me any any rate) that 'time wasting' = 'diving', although it could well be that you are right. In my innocence, I'd have thought that time wasting involved things like delaying free kicks, goal kicks, throw-ins and corners and so on. What I'm saying is that, unless you spend ages and ages looking at the game, you've no particular reason to assume that it involves diving at all. So it's a bit harsh to accuse poor old mlp071 of 'whinging' or castigating him as a manager because he doesn't know it. It's not his fault that it's not made clear anywhere, after all.

Cougar2010, your work on injuries is extremely interesting. You are very likely right about the prognostications of my physio (Physiotherapy 6), although I suspect that people might be off for longer because of the lousy facilities at the club anyway.

Going off at a tangent, I've never been fully clear about whether or not the quality/number of one's physio(s) affects recovery time. Logically, one feels that it ought to. If all that you get from a good physio is a better assessment of injury duration one wonders if it's worth the money and there would be no point in even the most wealthy club having more than one physio, which seems an odd idea. Can anyone help to clarify this please?

Hard Tackling and high Closing Down is the opposite of timewasting which the AI also employs regularly.

The problem is that the human user does not understand what causes injuries and does not use the correct strategy to defeat the opponents tactics.

If I am being Hard Tackled I will go with high Timewasting, which is akin to "diving" in this context. The opponent will mount up yellow cards due to the frequency of tackles, while my players will attempt to avoid any extrenuous activity.

This results in superior condition, superior booking counts, superior possession, superior set peices in dangerous areas etc. Very often my opponent will be down to ten or nine men and I will have an average of a 20% or higher condition advantage for the last 20 minutes.

The AI will do this to you. Learn from it.

Do not whinge about it because you have failed to watch what is going on in a match and failed to use tactics and strategies that are atleast on an equal footing. Failure to adequately use Timewasting, especially when the AI uses it constantly, is a mark against your ability as a manager and as a player of a game and not a mark against the game.

?? Who's whining? If you read my post from above(#65) i have no injury issues whatsoever, or anything.It was just something that i noticed in Turkish 2. league, that was possibility.At least one would think if AI makes 17+ fouls in game against my 3-5 consistently.

I have no issues with condition towards the end of the game neither, since i generally pay attention to player being fit for game as much is possible.

wow..:confused:

Is that supposed to be sarcasm? :confused:

I certainly got a significantly less injuries in 10.1 and 10.2 with harder training schedules and harder game tactics, with my main team in 10.1 being part-timers (in 10.3 amateurs) RC Mol-Wezel. In 10.3 my teams have been mostly professional, and all that I have played at least a season so far are professional.

And the first things I do in a new team is to get better physios and fitness coaches, so I doubt the reason is there either. I avoid signing players who are described as susceptible to injury, I avoid signing players whose natural fitness is under 10.

I never use in competitive games players who aren't at least "match fit". I usually get to use players who are 97-100 % at the start of the game, even in very congested schedules I avoid as well as I can playing anyone who is below 95 %.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe all these few injuries claims, when in all my 10.3 saves I've got huge amounts of injuries. With different training schedules, marking and closing down tactics - all successively lighter, trying to reduce the number of injuries - letting players now rest 3 days after a game instead of two. And I always get the same amount of injuries, it's just the magnitude of the less severe injuries the training have an influence that I have seen, apparently light training and cautious tactics reducing them from weeks to days.

It's not unlucky. My best midfielder and best goal scorer in my current main team both got injured in the first game they played after months of injury, getting injured for months again. That's unlucky, it's realistic, but half a dozen injuries per week - week after week, month after month - that demand rest isn't. No case of one important Arsenal player getting severely injured every three or four months proves it to not to be a bug, but a height of realism...

As hard as it may seem to the "I have no injuries, and you are unlucky/don't know what you are doing" -folks, I don't think those of us who have lot of injuries are necessarily just "unlucky" nor necessarily idiots who just are incapable of understanding even the simplest tricks of running a succesful team.

As hard as it may seem to the "I have no injuries, and you are unlucky/don't know what you are doing" -folks, I don't think those of us who have lot of injuries are necessarily just "unlucky" nor necessarily idiots who just are incapable of understanding even the simplest tricks of running a succesful team.

Define "Lot of injuries", don't just say it, put it into numbers.

How many injuries? Length of each injury? how many per season? etc. Do the same over several seasons to see if its the same each season.

What you'll probably find is that what you describe as "A lot" most of us would deem normal and not worthy of a moan.

Should you happen to have an excessive amount then your comments would get more respect and we could try to establish why you have more than others.

Is that supposed to be sarcasm? :confused:

I certainly got a significantly less injuries in 10.1 and 10.2 with harder training schedules and harder game tactics, with my main team in 10.1 being part-timers (in 10.3 amateurs) RC Mol-Wezel. In 10.3 my teams have been mostly professional, and all that I have played at least a season so far are professional.

And the first things I do in a new team is to get better physios and fitness coaches, so I doubt the reason is there either. I avoid signing players who are described as susceptible to injury, I avoid signing players whose natural fitness is under 10.

I never use in competitive games players who aren't at least "match fit". I usually get to use players who are 97-100 % at the start of the game, even in very congested schedules I avoid as well as I can playing anyone who is below 95 %.

Frankly, I find it hard to believe all these few injuries claims, when in all my 10.3 saves I've got huge amounts of injuries. With different training schedules, marking and closing down tactics - all successively lighter, trying to reduce the number of injuries - letting players now rest 3 days after a game instead of two. And I always get the same amount of injuries, it's just the magnitude of the less severe injuries the training have an influence that I have seen, apparently light training and cautious tactics reducing them from weeks to days.

It's not unlucky. My best midfielder and best goal scorer in my current main team both got injured in the first game they played after months of injury, getting injured for months again. That's unlucky, it's realistic, but half a dozen injuries per week - week after week, month after month - that demand rest isn't. No case of one important Arsenal player getting severely injured every three or four months proves it to not to be a bug, but a height of realism...

So you don't know what sarcasm is either now?

No wonder its been so tough trying to get you to understand that THERE IS NO INJURY BUG.

What Cougar says makes a lot of sense. Quantify your injuries, tell us how many, duration etc. Bring it all on and then you will clearly see that you are perpetuating a myth or hard as it may be for you to understand this part, but you might be doing something wrong.

Frankly speaking, if there really was a bug these forums would be ablaze, as it stands its just you and 1 or 2 others that seem convinced by this. Theres about 150000+ registered users on these forums, and 2 or 3 of you have injury problems. Must be a bug right? No of course not or the other 149,997 or so would be chiming in too.

So you don't know what sarcasm is either now?

No wonder its been so tough trying to get you to understand that THERE IS NO INJURY BUG.

What Cougar says makes a lot of sense. Quantify your injuries, tell us how many, duration etc. Bring it all on and then you will clearly see that you are perpetuating a myth or hard as it may be for you to understand this part, but you might be doing something wrong.

Frankly speaking, if there really was a bug these forums would be ablaze, as it stands its just you and 1 or 2 others that seem convinced by this. Theres about 150000+ registered users on these forums, and 2 or 3 of you have injury problems. Must be a bug right? No of course not or the other 149,997 or so would be chiming in too.

The problem with this game, is that is so confusing, an injury could be done due to several factors. You might understand to how to avoid the frequent injuries, but others don't understand and still are lost what the hell the injuries happens. This applies to all the subjects that are quite frequent to be "moaned" about.

We all play differently and the game goes quite frequently that is too hard to define when it is a bug and when it is not.

When people usually moan about FM and they are minority, they aren't some losers that are too stupid to understand what then hell is going on in the game. Maybe they are people that aren't enjoying the game as you are and like it is says, it is hard to please everyone.

Example of me, that I think FM10 like Fm09, is too confusing and complex and too buggy for my taste and i see FM07 far superior then FM10. I defend that some features don't make any sense at all. And I can say that we disagree with this point and I accept that you love playing FM10.

Now what I don't understand is when a person that moans and critiques something, they are immediately slashed by SI defensor councilors, instead making suggestions or asking the OP what is he doing to what is he doing wrong.

Things was going quite fine in the first 4 posts, then went down hill and everyone forgot about the OP question. Is that hard to ask about specifics to understand what is he doing wrong and advice accordingly?

Things was going quite fine in the first 4 posts, then went down hill and everyone forgot about the OP question. Is that hard to ask about specifics to understand what is he doing wrong and advice accordingly?

The problem is that clear, concise, logical help is given. Help that the people giving it have used to solve the same issues in their own games, that the people giving it use to judge instructions/demands/concerns for specific players under specific conditions, and that information is ignored or worse is rejected by people saying "it shouldn't be that hard, I shouldn't have to do that".

Football Manager is a very deep, very tough football simulator. It tries to be realistic and this means simulating even things like injuries in depth and with detail and with relevence to factors that cause injuries in real life.

If you have injury problems and don't know what is causing them then listen to people that don't have injury problems and do know what is causing them. Do not come exploding into threads, using your ignorance as a weapon and as "proof" that the game is broken.

If you listened to some people, you would swear everything in this game doesn't work. I'm looking at you Somebodyfoolish.

The problem is that clear, concise, logical help is given. Help that the people giving it have used to solve the same issues in their own games, that the people giving it use to judge instructions/demands/concerns for specific players under specific conditions, and that information is ignored or worse is rejected by people saying "it shouldn't be that hard, I shouldn't have to do that".

Football Manager is a very deep, very tough football simulator. It tries to be realistic and this means simulating even things like injuries in depth and with detail and with relevence to factors that cause injuries in real life.

If you have injury problems and don't know what is causing them then listen to people that don't have injury problems and do know what is causing them. Do not come exploding into threads, using your ignorance as a weapon and as "proof" that the game is broken.

If you listened to some people, you would swear everything in this game doesn't work. I'm looking at you Somebodyfoolish.

:thup:

Quality post.

you wanna play without injuries? you don't know anything about football or any other physical sports!!

I don't think that people want to play without any injuries. They just want to be sure that the numbers, durations and types of injuries are realistic, that's all.

:thup:

Quality post.

It isn't a quality post because it denigrates another poster and is aggressive in tone. Talking about someone 'coming exploding into threads' and 'using ignorance as a weapon' is unnecessarily provocative and unpleasant and does absolutely nothing to convince the reader that the author is correct.

It isn't a quality post because it denigrates another poster and is aggressive in tone. Talking about someone 'coming exploding into threads' and 'using ignorance as a weapon' is unnecessarily provocative and unpleasant and does absolutely nothing to convince the reader that the author is correct.

You make some very valid points. However so does sfraser. He could have toned it down a little maybe but to be honest the people it's aimed at have proved time and again they won't listen to reason or accept any help/advice. Maybe it was time for the hairdryer?

You make some very valid points. However so does sfraser. He could have toned it down a little maybe but to be honest the people it's aimed at have proved time and again they won't listen to reason or accept any help/advice. Maybe it was time for the hairdryer?

Unfortunately (to pursue the FM analogy for the moment) we know that undue repetition of the same team talk becomes ineffective.

Because SFraser so frequently 'uses the hairdryer' on all and sundry, I'm afraid that the result is much the same. It loses all impact and acts as a turn off to many.

I’ve found a lot of my players that I loan out get injured, such as Robert Toma (regen) has broken his ankle, and is out for three months. Probably not a bug as such, but still, it is very annoying :).

Unfortunately (to pursue the FM analogy for the moment) we know that undue repetition of the same team talk becomes ineffective.

Because SFraser so frequently 'uses the hairdryer' on all and sundry, I'm afraid that the result is much the same. It loses all impact and acts as a turn off to many.

The same could be said about the people that post is aimed at. Whilst they may not 'hairdryer' it, they do hide under a rock, ignore any advice and refuse to accept that they could be in the wrong. If any of them read the injury thread by Nepenthez as they have been advised they would have been able to get on with enjoying fm rather than crying about a non existent bug and labelling anyone not on their side as 'si defence counsellors' which is their thinly veiled way of saying fanboy.

Archived