7 games in 7 days...

Im playing as Barnet, and its my 2nd season.

I got promoted to League 1, and I am also in the Johnstones trophy, FA cup, League Cup and EURO cup (Since I won league cup in my last season)

So basically... Im playing A LOT OF GAMES.

And in 1 week, I had 7 games in 7 days.

How am I supposed to play this lol.

My whole team was pretty much dead, at like 50% health and I had to play my youth to get through some games and rest my teams for the EURO cup Semi final.

I played 5 games in a row with my youth!!! and LOST all 5 league games... But at least Im in the final of the EURO Cup.

But seriously, 7 games in 7 days? Anyone else had that.

And also, the rest of the season has a game every 2 days!!!

I have a solution - don't cheat to win the League Cup in League 2, then you won't be able to cheat to get to the final of the Euro Cup in League One, and will therefore have no problems like this!

I have a solution - don't cheat to win the League Cup in League 2, then you won't be able to cheat to get to the final of the Euro Cup in League One, and will therefore have no problems like this!

Yes it's a bit wierd for a league 2 team to get into the euro cup then go all tha way to the final.....

Are you a tactical genius or you found a way to motivate the players beyond their skill.

Im playing as Barnet, and its my 2nd season.

I got promoted to League 1, and I am also in the Johnstones trophy, FA cup, League Cup and EURO cup (Since I won league cup in my last season)

So basically... Im playing A LOT OF GAMES.

And in 1 week, I had 7 games in 7 days.

How am I supposed to play this lol.

My whole team was pretty much dead, at like 50% health and I had to play my youth to get through some games and rest my teams for the EURO cup Semi final.

I played 5 games in a row with my youth!!! and LOST all 5 league games... But at least Im in the final of the EURO Cup.

But seriously, 7 games in 7 days? Anyone else had that.

And also, the rest of the season has a game every 2 days!!!

Seems to be a consequence of pre match save & reload, as i find it hard to believe you got in this predicament without cheating. Winning the league cup with a league 2 team i struggle to believe you did fairly, never mind the euro cup with a league 1 side!:rolleyes:

Exactly. You can hardly blame the Football League, the F.A, or SI for this - if you cheat to do something this unrealistic, don't expect the game to be able to incoporate it into your fixture schedule!

I think the fixture list needs to schedule more midweek games early on in the season for teams that are in a lot of competitions than it currently does, however what I would do if I ended up in this situation would simply be to give my reserves and youths a run out in 5 of the 7 days (which is what you did), and given that you are in europe in league 1 (ignoring how you probably got there :p ) you should have enough funds to have a wealth of players to select from, in which case its your own fault if you don't!

why do people cheat???????????????

u wud b lucky to win the league cup as a championship side.

PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY THEN U WONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!

I have played the game properly ever since the early CM days. I have done some incredible things over the years such as winning the World Cup with China! Without cheating.

Sorry, that I just wanted to cheat a little for 1 game.

Im playing as Man utd in my other game and dominating the league and all competitions without cheating!

OK so he has cheated we all know that...but imagine by some weird circumstances he did actually win the League cup (without cheating) and so he was now in the EURO cup the following season...7 games in 7 days is not ideal is it. Surely the fixtures (cheating or not) would have to be ammended by the clubs success.

Not quite League 2...but Millwall were in Europe a few season ago for reaching the FA Cup final Vs Man United, but United were in the Champions League so Millwall had a Euro cup spot. OK they were a Championship side.... but if they were a league lower they would have been playing in the JPT, League, FA Cup, League Cup and the EURO Cup. Would they have had 7 games in 7 days IRL?

Dont agree with cheating but its his own game and he can play it how he wishes I guess...

Exactly, its my game, which I paid for, so its up to me how I play the game. The editor was included for this very same reason you know :)

But yeah, I agree with you Vinny, as what would you do if someone, a league 2 team did end up winning the league cup and then you are in 4 competitions + 48 games to play in your league

I have played the game properly ever since the early CM days. I have done some incredible things over the years such as winning the World Cup with China! Without cheating.

Sorry, that I just wanted to cheat a little for 1 game.

Im playing as Man utd in my other game and dominating the league and all competitions without cheating!

Amazing. Dominating as Man United.

If you had all that money why didn't you buy a bigger squad to cover this eventuality ? Especially as you would have known that the number of games was going to be of epic proportions (if you were successful in all comps).

When designing the game I guess SI didn't cater for fixture congestion of this magnitude due to the very very very low probability that it could happen.

Amazing. Dominating as Man United.

lmao :D .

Don't understand why anyone would want to cheat there would be absolutely no happiness or satisfaction at the end of any success therefore the game would be pointless !

If you want to take Barnet to the 'EURO Cup' final then brilliant, but surely if you done it with whatever resources Barnet really have and it took you a serious amount of seasons to get there, when it finally happened you would be ten times happier and would also be really proud ?

Don't you get bored really quickly, anyone can do that with cheating ?

I don't just think it's money he has given himself, to even attract a decent to League 2, you would have to bump up the reputation a fair bit.

Also the pre-match save and reload is a definite as well me reckons.

But as he said, it's his game.. He can play it as he wants :thup:

The point raised is a good one, regardless of the way it got there. Game scheduling has never been a strong point of the series, and they need to learn to do it better! At the very least, provide managers with the option to delay games themselves! It would be a nice idea if you had 3 vital games in 1 week and you could choose to delay or bring forward 1 of those (league game) by a couple of weeks or more.

I remember for 2 seasons in a row, on FM08 with AS Roma, I played in the Italian Cup in either the Second Round of Quarter-Final, the first leg was okay, but when the second leg came around, it ended up being played on the same weekend as the international fixtures happened! This meant just about the only player I was left with out of my first 20 or so players was Francesco Totti who had retired from international football! I was forced to play the matches with youths/reserves who really weren't good enough to take on Serie A quality. The first year I was knocked out, the second year I somehow came back from a 2-1 first leg defeat and 3-0 down at half time to score 6 goals and win 7-5 :p (the opposition had lost almost no players to internationals)

The point is 7 games in 7 days would never happen in real life, and League games should be moved to accomodate Cup/European games. I don't think it can be that difficult to implement surely? And having the option to move fixtures yourself would be great too :)

why do people cheat???????????????

u wud b lucky to win the league cup as a championship side.

PLAY THE GAME PROPERLY THEN U WONT HAVE THESE PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!

If people wanna cheat thats ok i guess, i just dont like the whining cheaters do.

Can I also point out that the 3 other fixtures that were happening in the Italian Cup were all played 1 week before I played mine (first and second legs). Meaning the other 6 teams played 1 week before the International break. What was wrong with me playing mine at the same time? Or even on the same day at a different time?

I wouldn't have minded playing on a different day even, as long as my first team is not wiped out by call-ups for all my players. Domestic matches are supposed to be rescheduled for internationals, and I'm sure this should have happened on these occasions too.

Long story short: Matches need better scheduling, you can't play matches on consecutive days, and you shouldn't be forced to play while all your players are away. Introducing the option to delay matches, or just including some automatic rescheduling of matches when you have too many, is something that needs to be included I think.

Oh! Please Stopr with the cheating thing! who doesn't do that! in a way or another. the dude can do want he want!!!

but seriously tho! league 2 in Euro cup that is extrem!!! at least try to stay realistic when you cheat:)

any way for the fixture i understand u it's the same forthe reserve who always play before the first team most of them on friday. in reality they play Mon or Tue!!!!!!

I also remember in FM08 I had alot of african player and when they all went for the aafrican cup I had no player except the u18. and I have to play. they should be an option to ask to re arrange match

he's in a league that plays 46 games over the season, the euro cup is another 20 odd games, add in his jpt/league cup/fa cup games thats a fair few fixtures over a season

7 in 7 days maybe extreme, but you bumped a team that has no real place in the euro cup.

higher league teams play less games over a season,plus have a sqaud to prioritise the comps they enter

OK so he has cheated we all know that...but imagine by some weird circumstances he did actually win the League cup (without cheating) and so he was now in the EURO cup the following season...7 games in 7 days is not ideal is it. Surely the fixtures (cheating or not) would have to be ammended by the clubs success.

Not quite League 2...but Millwall were in Europe a few season ago for reaching the FA Cup final Vs Man United, but United were in the Champions League so Millwall had a Euro cup spot. OK they were a Championship side.... but if they were a league lower they would have been playing in the JPT, League, FA Cup, League Cup and the EURO Cup. Would they have had 7 games in 7 days IRL?

Dont agree with cheating but its his own game and he can play it how he wishes I guess...

Well said;)

By the sounds of it he'd got through to the semi final of the Euro Cup, so would've had games re-arranged, JPT he got however far, League Cup he got however far, same for the FA Cup and may have had replays, unlikely but may also have had games called off due to international callups, so by the end of the season it's no surprise he had 7 in 7. Millwall in real life wouldn't get to the semi final of the Euro Cup, or the final of 3 different competitions, so bit hard to make a fair comparison.

millwall wouldnt have had the jpt, would have entered the fa cup at a later stage, would have got a bye to the 3rd round of the league cup

whatever the reason he edited his game, he edited it too far, he didnt just add cash, because barnet's rep would never have got the quality of players needed for what he achieved

yes its his game to play how he wishes, but he cant expect the game to deal with an extreme senario that would never occur in real life

Seems a bit realistic. A League Two side with so many commitments in addition to 46 League Two games will definitely suffer fixture congestion. You'd be playing upwards of 80-90 games over 45 weeks or so, meaning that's 2 games a week on average! And most of the congestion will hit in the second half of the season when the cups get up to speed, so it's more like 1.5 games a week for the first half of the season and 2.5 for the second half.

Also, cup ties and European ties are often scheduled on the same sorts of days as realistically few will be in both at the same time, and those that are are usually big teams with big squads (Manchester United and Chelsea, for example). However, these two only play 38 league games - Millwall will play 46! They may not get postponed for a week - maybe just 1-2 days.

"Cheat" all you want, it's your game and nobody has the right to tell you otherwise.

However, you can't complain when the highly improbable scenario of a League side remaining in all available Domestic and European competitions occurs.

It's a scenario that you've created and is unlikely to be repeated by anyone else under normal circumstances.

Archived