Barcodes From Zavvi Copies

Just wondering what the news is on this? Miles mentioned in another thread that he'd be interested to see what the barcodes were on copies sent from Zavvi, but didn't really elaborate why. Some details would be good as a few of the people who have purchased from Zavvi (including myself) are concerned at what this might mean.

I would have posted in the original thread but I didn't want my post getting swallowed up and missed.

Gave Xavvi a miss when it became clear they weren't shipping early, didn;t care about the postal strike, and frankly seem to have slow delivery and lousy service.

So glad I cancelled and went to Steam, Xavvi are just shocking tbf.

how are they shocking?i got mine this morning, on the release day!

people who ordered early got them today. simple as

That perfectly explains the large number of people complaining 'cos they only shipped them yesterday and many won't arrive until next week. :thup::rolleyes:

Did you not read any of the thread?

I and many others ordered mid September (13th for me)

I'm not blaming Zavvi at all, obviously due to the postal strikes. Anyway back on topic, I will post my barcode when i get the game. (I thought all barcodes were the same though?)

Part of the barcode will be the retail outlets own barcode, and part of it the actual product code.

Thanks, thats what I thought to start with. But many people said they were going to buy from a local store and then take their zavvi order back to the store and get a refund when it comes. Surely the local store would realise and not give them a refund if this was the case?

Thanks, thats what I thought to start with. But many people said they were going to buy from a local store and then take their zavvi order back to the store and get a refund when it comes. Surely the local store would realise and not give them a refund if this was the case?

ive done this before for fm08 and its worked.

pre-ordered it from some online place but it took a week, so on release day bought it from hmv. when the one i bought online came i took that one back to hmv and they just took it. pretty sure they scanned it as thats the way you would refund it on the system.

im not condoning it but it worked for me.

on the zavvi front - mine hasnt come but then again not even my postie turned up today. i dont blame zavvi, they sent it out weds (after receiving the stock on tues) whoever said they werent sending them out early was wrong. im hoping tommorow but realistically monday. but i can cope with that for an £18 price tag :D

edit: btw i pre-ordered mine in sept. so whoever said that anyone who ordered early has got theirs is wrong also. some were just lucky that their areas were less affected than others. shame the release day is the day before the weekend.

Mine didn't arrive today, am now expecting it on Monday, also been charged twice by Zavvi for the privelage and am awaiting a response to a message I had sent them earlier. It is only showing that 17.95 coming out of my account once on my online statement but I am missing a further 17.95 inexplicably from my account. Not impressed.

Mine didn't arrive today, am now expecting it on Monday, also been charged twice by Zavvi for the privelage and am awaiting a response to a message I had sent them earlier. It is only showing that 17.95 coming out of my account once on my online statement but I am missing a further 17.95 inexplicably from my account. Not impressed.

I got an email saying my card did get done twice and the problem will be fixed with 48hours and the 2nd payment taken off

I order from Zavvi mid-september, they charged me once, emailed me wednesday evening to say they'd dispatched early and it arrived today.

I did same - ordered sept, got email wed, but sadly no game today. Posty did arrive, he got out his little car walked all the way up my steps (my heart was racing) and then he posted 1 single flyer. Whats the point :( I'm quite happy playing FMH for just now and I know im gonna get the proper game soon enough

a friend of mine canceled his wednesday ( from zavvi ) so he could order on steam, yet he had a copy arrive this morning and they had charged him for it the day after he canceled it...on the thursday :)

shocking tbh

Pretty much the same happened to me, I cancelled by Zavvi order through their website on 28 October but they dispatched it anyway on 30 October. And charged me twice for it.

Not impressed.

IS THAT RIGHT! IT got nothing to do with when you ordered the game, it depends on your postie. I thought that was bloody obvious, apparantly to some it isn't!

• SI Staff
Yep got my Zavvi this morning which was a rather nice surprise. I was expecting it to arrive next week. Anyway, my barcode is 5 055277 002337. I'm rather curious as to where these copies came from since Miles raised the issue.

Thank you for the info - those are genuine UK retail copies, so absolutely nothing untoward at all.

IS THAT RIGHT! IT got nothing to do with when you ordered the game, it depends on your postie. I thought that was bloody obvious, apparantly to some it isn't!

Any need for the caps?

There are emails from Zavvi floating around stating that they dispatched orders on a first come, first served basis. So it has a lot to do with when people ordered as well as how badly the post was disrupted in their area.

I got an email saying my card did get done twice and the problem will be fixed with 48hours and the 2nd payment taken off

I have had no emails at all from Zavvi, not regarding this issue or to inform me that the item was dispatched, I have been checking both my inbox and junk but still nothing.

The amount has been missing from my "cleared funds" for a good few days now since it was "awaiting stock pick" with Zavvi.

I have had no emails at all from Zavvi, not regarding this issue or to inform me that the item was dispatched, I have been checking both my inbox and junk but still nothing.

The amount has been missing from my "cleared funds" for a good few days now since it was "awaiting stock pick" with Zavvi.

The lack of emails isn't anything to worry about. FM was my first order with Zavvi/The Hut where their system has managed to get an email out to me :D Without fail everything I have ordered has turned up two days after dispatch, so I'll continue to use them.

Yep got my Zavvi this morning which was a rather nice surprise. I was expecting it to arrive next week. Anyway, my barcode is 5 055277 002337. I'm rather curious as to where these copies came from since Miles raised the issue.
Thank you for the info - those are genuine UK retail copies, so absolutely nothing untoward at all.

Exactly the same barcode on my Zavvi copy. Good to know they're legitimate. :thup:

Any need for the caps?

There are emails from Zavvi floating around stating that they dispatched orders on a first come, first served basis. So it has a lot to do with when people ordered as well as how badly the post was disrupted in their area.

I ordered mine a week ago and it has arrived only one day late. I wouldn't buy into what Zavvi say too much.

My barcode (the one on the manual I take it?) is as follows:

5 055277 002337

Same as others in here. I'd be curious to find out what this is all about tbh. :D

Got my copy only 1 day later than expected what with the strikes etc. Barcode is the sames as others on here. The only problem I have is I received 3 emails, one saying order had been dispatched on Tuesday 28th, then a day later advising I have been charged twice, then the third email stating on the day of release the game had been dispatched. hang on a mo......... When was it actually sent???? 28th or 30th.

Anyway no harm done and now Im up and running. Editor easy to use too. Added myslef to the Hammers team. Gonna be top scorer too by end of the season.

just thought id chip in, got my zavvi order today and barcode is same as rest. im just guessing here bt i think miles was worried maybe cos, zavvi took over virgin, then suffered financial dificulties. They made fm cheap £18 at 1st to get peoples money in the bank then sourced from a foerign supplier. (as everything in britain is more expensive than anywhere in europe). thats just my take an it doesnt seem to have any foundations so far.

All barcodes are the same if they are legitimate copies. Barcodes are not different for different stores. Hence why you go and check any cadbury's cream eggs the barcode will be 5020 1600. So this maybe in case they are not legit.

As for zavvi they have said they will charge me twice as well. Not that good but at least they know about it and not leaving me to chase them.

Archived