How do you watch your match in 2010?

I'm back into FM after successfully kicking the habit back in 2005. But after so long out I have a question I was hoping you all could answer. And that is I want to know how you all watch your match?

FM2010 has so many options and i’ve not found one i’m 100% happy with. So please tell me how you watch your match?

Please answer the following points: -

Camera view:

Match speed:

Highlights:

Replays:

Replay speed:

Match info screens?

TV/Classic:

Default view (when not watching the action):

With the speed your games are played i'm very surprised no-one watches replays. Why is that? Surely you miss a lot of the action. And surely your games go to quick for you to have much influence with tactical changes.

Camera view: 2D Classic

Match speed: Default

Highlights: Key

Replays: None

Replay speed: n/a

Match info screens? Player Ratings

TV/Classic: Classic

Default view (when not watching the action) Player Ratings

Camera view: Elevated with Touchline for goal replays

Match speed: Just above half speed

Replays: Goals

Replay speed: Normal

Match info screens? When I need them - match stats usually, a few others if I'm bored

TV/Classic: TV

Default view (when not watching the action): Always watching the action!

I have to say the 3d has been a revelation this year. I was strictly a 2d man up to '09 but the demo has shown me the error of my ways! That and a new laptop that can easily and seemlessly handle the graphics...:)

Only six days left!!!!!

Camera view: Elevated or Sideline

Match speed: 3 Notchs down from full speed

Replay speed: N/A

Match info screens?

TV/Classic: Classic View

Default view (when not watching the action): Overview, Sometimes match stats & Latest scores

Camera view: Always 3D. It has become 'touchline' in the 2010 demo. In 09 it was 'elevated'. I have been known to switch the camera around when the play is in specific parts of the pitch because of info modules in the way...i.e. corners.

Match speed: Normal

Highlights: Extended. If I really had the time I'd like to play each match in full.

Replays: Goals. Though I have a habit of frustratingly cancelling highlights of opponent's goals.

Match info screens? My team ratings and fitness. I am sure I will have anything from tables to score updates on the screen when I get into a game. I like to get the whole 'BBC Score' feel.

Default view (when not watching the action): Always watching the game.

I'm starting to see why my games take so long and why people report finishing seasons in a few days. I can't imagine playing with key highlights though. I'd feel like I'm missing the main part of the game.

FM is so remarkable in bringing out so many different player habits.

Camera view: 2D Classic, occasionally touchline or sideline (i.e. when I'm looking for bugs)

Match speed: Fast, but not fastest

Highlights: Extended, full match if I'm losing.

Match info screens? Motivation, team ratings (my team only), occaisionally opposition formation.

Default view (when not watching the action):N/A

BTW, I much prefer the experience of watching a match the old way. If it was still there (with the flicking, seconds being counted, and so on, still in) I would use that.

Camera view: 3D always.

Match speed: One click right of centre.

Highlights: Extended

Match info screens: Motivation and Ratings..On and Off throughout. Live scores when things are tight in any given competition.

Default view (when not watching the action): I am always on pitch view unless making drastic changes to tactics.

Camera view: 3D always.

Match speed: 2/3 towards full (around about)

Match info screens: None for 90% of the time.

Tv/Classic: TV.

Default view (when not watching the action): ? There is always action in my games!

Camera view: Elevated. Anything too close in isn't good for analysing play i find.

Match speed: Three notches below maximum speed. If i change to 2D for some reason i up it by a notch though as it seems to be a little slower.

Highlights: Full. I'm staggered at how many people watch the match merely in Key.

Replays: Goals. I may be wrong, but i don't think you can replay anything other than goals. I've tried 'Highlights', but it doesn't seem to show any more replays than the goals.

Replay speed: Middle.

Match info screens: I don't use any screens but have match stats/player ratings in drop-down windows.

TV/Classic: TV.

Default view (when not watching the action): This doesn't apply as i watch every second of the action.

Camera view: Main stand or elevated, depends on mood

Match speed: Just above the middle, find that this way I can get a good read on the game and where the tactical changes are really needed.

Highlights: Extended, same reason as above

Replay speed: N/a

Match info screens?: Motivation, rating and possible latest score

Default view (when not watching the action): N/a

Camera view: 2D classic

Match speed: One notch lower to max.

Replays: 2D classic

Replay speed: default

Match info screens? None

Default view (when not watching the action): overview, the now renamed Information tab

Why do so many people play at fast speed without replays? Surely this is too fast to manage your team properly.

Probably, but I've never been too interested in the tactical side of the game, I prefer the long term player development way of playing. Playing the game as quickly as possible allows me to get through more seasons which means I get to see my players and club grow faster.

Saying that though, I do turn the speed down and watch full matches when designing a tactic, but that is the only time.

Why do so many people play at fast speed without replays? Surely this is too fast to manage your team properly.

Once you get used to it, it is quite easy really. I have the player match ratings on and team motivation in the background and once you know how the ME plays out, you can always predict whats coming next and make the necessary changes on pause and then continue.

Camera view: Elevated

Match speed: Two notches up from the middle, but will probably up it in the actual game after a season or so.

Replay speed: None

Match info screens? None

Default view (when not watching the action): My Player Stats.

More concerned with getting through the season quickly and training young players then watching every minute of a match. I often ALT+TAB out of the first half to a webpage after a couple of seasons of play.

Camera view: 3D, Behind Corner

Match speed:Two notches up from the middle

Highlights: Full

Replay speed: Slow - to enjoy the moment

Match info screens? Motivations, Feedback and Player Rating(only to see the players condition)

Camera view: 3D Touchline (was Zoomed vertical scrolling in FM09 but the realism has converted me)

Match speed: middle

Highlights: extended

Replays: goals

Replay speed: normal

Match info screens? match stats, player ratings and motivation, oppo formation (to see quickly when they change), assman advice (am I the only one?)

Default view (when not watching the action):n/a

Lovin' it!!

Camera view: whatever the default 3d one is

Match speed: fastest

Highlights:key

Replays: none

Match info screens? player ratings and match stats

TV/Classic: classic

Default view (when not watching the action): split screen with my player ratings on the left and the match stats on the right.

Camera view: Zoomed Vertical Scroll

Match speed: Mix between normal and fastest.

Highlights: Full Match

Match info screens? NO

TV/Classic: Classic, even though the game forces TV mode every time I click play or return from an info page.

Archived