FM10 Lowest English League

Hi since Championship Manager has the lowest English league as the north premier league and the southern league I was wondering if FM10 is doing the same? My team Stocksbridge Park Steels have just been promoted into the northern premier league hence my interest into if the lowest league has been lowered.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi since Championship Manager has the lowest English league as the north premier league and the southern league I was wondering if FM10 is doing the same? My team Stocksbridge Park Steels have just been promoted into the northern premier league hence my interest into if the lowest league has been lowered.

You can basically go down as low as you want with the editor

Is northern premier level 7? If so, it will be pretty easy to get Stocksbridge in the game, although they won't be playable straight out of the box

it goes down to level 10 so i have heard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_teams

this will show you what clubs are in each level (Y)

Out of the box, it goes to Level 6 (Blue Square North/South).

With use of the editor, you could go down to Level 24 if you want.

I've also extended the English leagues down to Level 10, so if you want to manage Clymping in the Sussex County Football League's Division 2 it won't be problem!

from

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Football-Manager-2010-new-features-blog-Day-12-the-new-data-editor-part-2-article161797.html

so looks like they have added more clubs!

I've also extended the English leagues down to Level 10, so if you want to manage Clymping in the Sussex County Football League's Division 2 it won't be problem!

from

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/blogs/football-manager-2010/Football-Manager-2010-new-features-blog-Day-12-the-new-data-editor-part-2-article161797.html

so looks like they have added more clubs!

Great news! I was planning on extending the English Leagues down to level 10 myself, but it seems that a few testers at SI have done it for us!

Obviously the new leagues won't ship with the game - They'll be uploaded (more than likely in the Editor's Hideaway) a day or so after release.

Can't wait :D

couple of years ago my local team (Buxton) beat you 1-0 (in the Unibond North) with a last minute goal to get promoted :D

just thought ill mention that :D

Cool. I would imagine somebody will make all the very low English leagues like Unibond leagues and we can all download them and manage the likes of Chorley and Bamber Bridge.

The Unibond Leagues are not "very low"...the NCEL and the Vodcats leagues are low :D

Yeah, people from SI will definitely be uploading leagues (within a couple of days of Oct 30th) down to at least Level 10 it seems.

Bit of a shame that my local team Thurmaston Town is in level 11 :(

Might have to do a wee bit of editing myself and get them promoted to level 10!

can you still keep all the other existing leagues if you edit ones into the game? so for example, acitivating level 8, so you have leauges 1-8 avaliable in england?

yes, if you activate a league, all the ones above it will also be active

Cool. I would imagine somebody will make all the very low English leagues like Unibond leagues and we can all download them and manage the likes of Chorley and Bamber Bridge.

I'm looking forward to this as I live in Bamber Bridge and drive past the ground twice a day.

Why do that, when the shaymen are in that league? To be honest Bamber are a very good side. I will never forget the 3-0 win at the shay in our first game. But 5-2 at bamber :p

couple of years ago my local team (Buxton) beat you 1-0 (in the Unibond North) with a last minute goal to get promoted :D

just thought ill mention that :D

Really? I can't remember that. Mind saying that I don't remember last week. I didn't enjoy our recentish visit to your ground. Poorest performance of the season so far which ended our good run.

Thanks for all the replies guys! So i'm guessing when setting up the game you select english as the nation and I will be able to select level 7 as the lowest league via the editor?

Thanks for all the replies guys! So i'm guessing when setting up the game you select english as the nation and I will be able to select level 7 as the lowest league via the editor?

No need to guess.

1. The video tutorial shows you exactly how to do that with just a few clicks.

2. One of the blogs with the testers spells out that some of them have made databases already which will be available to download probably the day the game is released.

Couldn't be easier!!

I'm looking forward to this as I live in Bamber Bridge and drive past the ground twice a day.

When the lower leagues become available I will have to see you in the Lower League Managers forum on here and we can both have a go at managing our local side Brig!

When the lower leagues become available I will have to see you in the Lower League Managers forum on here and we can both have a go at managing our local side Brig!

Good luck with that! How are Brigg doing this season? You seemed to be the whipping boys last season. We played you in pre-season and you forced our keeper into some good saves.

So does this mean i can play as Truro City? I only live eight miles from there and their in english level 7 (southern league premier division one below blue square south)? But the players will not be real right?

Yes, and the players will be real if the league is loaded:thup:

Nice to see so many non-league fans on here. I was 3 minutes away from being one myself back in 2006 when a late goal from Leyton Orient at Oxford sent oxford down instead of us. We're now midtable League one having won at Wembley 18 months ago, so just shows you what a difference 3 minutes can make. Playing Leeds United and Southampton instead of Weymouth and Altrincham

• SI Staff

Of course, we always need help with the research for these leagues. It's all well and good wanting to play as your local town team at level 10, but there are 100s of clubs at levels 7, 8 and 9, before we even get to level 10. They don't research themselves.

Of course, we always need help with the research for these leagues. It's all well and good wanting to play as your local town team at level 10, but there are 100s of clubs at levels 7, 8 and 9, before we even get to level 10. They don't research themselves.

Indeed. I would say also to anyone thinking of it - doing research for FM is very rewarding - and going to watch your local Non League side is a far better use of your Saturday afternoon than sitting in and watching Soccer Saturday :thup: (You can always take a radio if you must!)

Er, no you absolutely won't.

Please don't make the fatal error of assuming the Lower League Managers' forum is for friendly guys like you who just enjoy managing lower league teams. They are a very closed and unfriendly community who play by their own rules, rule number one being NO EDITORS. I posted there just to mention this new development in FM10 and I got a roasting beofre a mod closed the thread for insulting the forum. :mad:

I posted there just to mention this new development in FM10 and I got a roasting beofre a mod closed the thread for insulting the forum. :mad:

bit OTT don't you think? You woul have thought that they would have jumped at the opportunity to manage as low as possible really

it goes down to level 10 so i have heard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_teams

this will show you what clubs are in each level (Y)

The English football pyramid goes down as low as level 24 which is the Bristol Downs Football League Divison Four.

Here is a link to the entire pyramid and what league are contained in what level etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_pyramid

Playing down at level 10 means Saturday processing is slow. It is managable as long as you don't run other Nations leagues as well.

I know what you mean and that is without adding other countries in such as Spain and Italy etc.

I'm hoping to go down to the Spainish 3rd Division as then I'll be able to have Torrevieja as a playable team so I can go and see my in-laws after every home match. :D

As for England, I'd like to go to around level 8 or 9 and then I can have two of our local sides playable Flixton and Trafford.

As for England, I'd like to go to around level 8 or 9 and then I can have two of our local sides playable Flixton and Trafford.

I can remember Stocksbridge playing Trafford in the FA Cup last season and I think we won 3-2 or 4-2. A nice little ground you have up there.

ism-scfc makes a good point. Does anyone know if it will be possible to have the northern premier league avaiable and the southern premier league not available despite them being the same level? You would need to have a darn good pc to be able to play around 10 leagues at a time.

I can remember Stocksbridge playing Trafford in the FA Cup last season and I think we won 3-2 or 4-2. A nice little ground you have up there.

ism-scfc makes a good point. Does anyone know if it will be possible to have the northern premier league avaiable and the southern premier league not available despite them being the same level? You would need to have a darn good pc to be able to play around 10 leagues at a time.

Well in one of the blogs for the editor didn't one of the testers mention they've gone done to level 10?

As it's on xml it would either be done by league name or id number. Thus you put in what ones you want to add.

One of them scrapped the entire Scottish set up and make it into 2 leagues of 18 and add the Highland League etc. so having Northern Premier and not Southern would I'm sure be possible.

As for Flixton and Trafford I've been to both twice each. I'm a southerner living up north and my side is Spurs whom I only get to see when they are at City or United.

When I lived in Enfield (North London) I used to watch them all the time and had some very fond memories of non league football when I was younger.

Would the clubs have players, or would they need creating? i.e Level 16 for instance.

I'm doing a dummy-run on FM09 and just created a rep 1 league with rep 50 clubs to see what happens and how badly they play in 3D (AWFUL defending!!).

What I noticed is that the AI stocks the squads with regens - all local teenagers of appropriate CA/PA. I guess the FM10 editor will do the same. Where the researchers/league creators have either a full squad or one or two real players, they'll be there and the rest regens. Both the AI managers and human manager will scour the transfer market for willing older warhorses to bring experience to the side. All in all, seems very satisfactory to me.

I'm doing a dummy-run on FM09 and just created a rep 1 league with rep 50 clubs to see what happens and how badly they play in 3D (AWFUL defending!!).

What I noticed is that the AI stocks the squads with regens - all local teenagers of appropriate CA/PA. I guess the FM10 editor will do the same. Where the researchers/league creators have either a full squad or one or two real players, they'll be there and the rest regens. Both the AI managers and human manager will scour the transfer market for willing older warhorses to bring experience to the side. All in all, seems very satisfactory to me.

Thats quite impressive tbh

Regens are 1000000% better than greys

----------------------------Premiership

---------------------------Championship

-----------------------------League 1

-----------------------------League 2

-------------------------Conference Prem

----------------------Conference North/South

-----------Ryman Prem -- Zamaretto Prem -- Unibond Prem

Ryman North/South -- Zamaretto South&West/Midlands -- Unibond North/South

I think that's the correct structure down to level 8- my local side Worthing is in the Ryman South so I'll probably only activate down to there, 16 leagues. However, everyone saying you have to create the teams down to levels 11 etc, the clubs are already there, its just the players that aren't. My old club Worthing Utd play at level 11 and since I stumbled across them on FM07 I've always made a point, whatever team I'm managing, of playing a friendly against them each season.

I think that's the correct structure down to level 8- my local side Worthing is in the Ryman South so I'll probably only activate down to there, 16 leagues. However, everyone saying you have to create the teams down to levels 11 etc, the clubs are already there, its just the players that aren't. My old club Worthing Utd play at level 11 and since I stumbled across them on FM07 I've always made a point, whatever team I'm managing, of playing a friendly against them each season.

Structure is correct :thup: - Minor point though, Worthing Utd play at Level 10. They were level 9 until last season, when they went down. They also took part in one of the most extrordinary matches I've ever seen - losing 7-5 at Hailsham Town in March. Absolutley incredible game - the 'keeper turned around and asked us the score after the sixth went in :D

Er, no you absolutely won't.

Please don't make the fatal error of assuming the Lower League Managers' forum is for friendly guys like you who just enjoy managing lower league teams. They are a very closed and unfriendly community who play by their own rules, rule number one being NO EDITORS. I posted there just to mention this new development in FM10 and I got a roasting beofre a mod closed the thread for insulting the forum. :mad:

I would not worry about them mate, they have some passion over use of an editor its really sad state of affairs

I might take it down to the Kent League. also, Worthing? Ha. Unlucky abot last season, with us beating you in the playoffs.

Structure is correct :thup: - Minor point though, Worthing Utd play at Level 10. They were level 9 until last season, when they went down. They also took part in one of the most extrordinary matches I've ever seen - losing 7-5 at Hailsham Town in March. Absolutley incredible game - the 'keeper turned around and asked us the score after the sixth went in :D

Yeah I played for them until I was about 15, lost interest in getting seven shades of the proverbial kicked out of me at left back!

I might take it down to the Kent League. also, Worthing? Ha. Unlucky abot last season, with us beating you in the playoffs.

I don't really follow W.Utd, I support Brighton, but I look out for Worthing's scores.

My only worry is whether my laptop will cope, I only run English leagues to BSS/BSN atm, admittedly large database, but that's 7 leagues and it struggles sometimes. All the talk is FM10 will run quicker but if I more than double the number of leagues running I have my fears...

Archived