FM10 Lowest English League

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Playing the low leagues is something I am very much looking forward to and have been for a number of years.

So am I. I'm quite interested in the gulf in standard between the leagues is going to be as with there being more than 24 leagues steps available in the English football, the stats level for each league will be quite interesting I think.

I am looking forward to playing these lower league teams but have one concern.

Is there reason to think that a long term game might become seriously unbalanced after some years? I mean I know that the main game has been heavily tested to insure that over time the quality of players remains reasonably stable. But will a league that goes down to level 10 for example be similarly stable.

Of course, we always need help with the research for these leagues. It's all well and good wanting to play as your local town team at level 10, but there are 100s of clubs at levels 7, 8 and 9, before we even get to level 10. They don't research themselves.

Gripper will the editor be able to do the regionalisation that goes of down beyond level 6 l or will it just think of north/south wont understand clubs only in say Kent will be allowed to play in the league as an example.

At low level often clubs get moved to acomodate clubs relegation to maintain the integrity of regionisation.

One Sad thing Tony Kempster RIP had a briliant website which would have been a godsend working the leagues out. I hope someone resurrects his website in his memory it worked for years doing it for non league.

By just looking at the website shows that once below level 7 its minefield of complex web of leagues with regions like Anglia having divided splits. Personally I would be suprised the editor will cope with this but heres hoping it will understand clubs location to place club correctly and move clubs if necessary to maintain structure.

ps folks does anybody know at what point clubs are in the FA Cup and smaller clubs play FA Vase

How will the game deal with relegation of the additional leagues created. i.e you take a team from say level 8 right the way up to the dizzy heights of the Blue Square Prem then fall on hard times. Will the club come back down to the correct structure or could we see southern league teams ending up in the northern league following relegation ?

I know bit picky but just thought i'd ask !!

another point hopefully after doing the work it will be able to be used in future versions.

The worry will be aditional clubs made and getting structure right I seriously wondering if I will get time to actually play fm2010.

I think by the time you finish FM2011 wil due.

ps folks does anybody know at what point clubs are in the FA Cup and smaller clubs play FA Vase

FA Vase: 8th tier and lower: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Vase

FA Cup: 1st-10th tier, by my interpretation, providing they have played in the FA Cup, Trophy or Vase at least once: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup

this is the feature which has got me most excited for the new game, it feels that bit more authentic starting RIGHT at the bottom...

Got my designs on starting with either Sunderland Ryhope Community Association, Jarrow Roofing Boldon Community Association, Seaham Red Star or Washington in the Northern League Division Two and working my way up....potentially absolutely fantastic.

The Northern League is listed as Step 6 on Wikipedia, do you think it'd be possible to run it down to all the Step 6 leagues as well as a few of the top foreign leagues (Italy, Spain, Germany, France) and have it playable?

The Northern League is listed as Step 6 on Wikipedia, do you think it'd be possible to run it down to all the Step 6 leagues as well as a few of the top foreign leagues (Italy, Spain, Germany, France) and have it playable?

Very much depends on your processor. Thankfully the extra database files won't take up much room, but churning out all those results could bog you down.

Very much depends on your processor. Thankfully the extra database files won't take up much room, but churning out all those results could bog you down.

Have an Intel 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2.84GHz with 2Gb of RAM (could add another 2, might this be worthwhile?)

To me the excitement in the new game will come with being able to manage so low down, but I don't want to rule out moving abroad if I have a successful career.

Have an Intel 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2.84GHz with 2Gb of RAM (could add another 2, might this be worthwhile?)

To me the excitement in the new game will come with being able to manage so low down, but I don't want to rule out moving abroad if I have a successful career.

You gonna go from Stocksbridge Park Steels to Real Madrid? Should take you a good few seasons! I don't know about computers but yours looks fine. If it's sluggish you could always put the foreign leagues on 'view-only' until you raise your repuatation. After all, do you really need to follow the intricacies of La Liga from your vantage point of out-smarting Bradford park Avenue?

FA Vase: 8th tier and lower: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Vase

FA Cup: 1st-10th tier, by my interpretation, providing they have played in the FA Cup, Trophy or Vase at least once: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FA_Cup

thank you going to be awkward to put in vase as we wont be able to ask the question vase or fa cup like the game asks you about reserve partisipation.

Might hardwire to leagues though unrealistic its easier.

phnompenhandy thank you this will be very useful.

another issue found how to deal with reserve sides in pyrimid.

You start analysis of the structure opens new issues especiall level 8-10.

You gonna go from Stocksbridge Park Steels to Real Madrid? Should take you a good few seasons! I don't know about computers but yours looks fine. If it's sluggish you could always put the foreign leagues on 'view-only' until you raise your repuatation. After all, do you really need to follow the intricacies of La Liga from your vantage point of out-smarting Bradford park Avenue?

Hahaha well you know, baby steps and everything! I'm now looking at managing in the Wearside Football League (Level 11 on the League ladder), which means I'll be probably be pushing 60 when I take my first steps out at the San Siro or Bernabeu.

Good idea with 'view only', it's a while since I've done it but am I correct in thinking you can change this to fully playable at any time in the game?

Good idea with 'view only', it's a while since I've done it but am I correct in thinking you can change this to fully playable at any time in the game?

IIRC in FM09 if you start on full you can change it to view-only and back again, but if you start on view-only you can't change it. Could be wrong, though.

excellent, I was quite excited (sadly) about sitting trawling through various leagues and cup competitions and adding them all to the database...but if someone else has been working on it it will be nice to jump straight in.

Do you know if he has been working on the other divisions around that level or if there is a thread elsewhere I can read with what people have been adding?

Cheers.

24 GB OF RAM

Really how much did that cost

Well, I don't have 24 GB of RAM although I am planning to buy that amount!! I only have 4GB of RAM on my laptop! But the question is, is this a waste of money buying that much RAM just to play FM2010? Will SI ever create a FM which is 64-bit compatible so that it can use all the available RAM out there? I heard that FM 2010 only uses a maximum of 2GB of RAM becuase it is a 32-bit application. But will this change for FM 2011? The reason I am planning to buy that much of RAM is to future proof my PC on playing all of the leagues of FM!!!

What if one were to go down to level 24 with a i7 extreme processor with 24GB of RAM? Will this still be a drag??? :D

Yes, as RAM is irrelevant as FM can only use 2GB

The better the processor, the easier it will be although it will be a drag on any normal processor. I'm going to see how Level 10 works on my computer before deciding what I'll use for the future

Yes, as RAM is irrelevant as FM can only use 2GB

The better the processor, the easier it will be although it will be a drag on any normal processor. I'm going to see how Level 10 works on my computer before deciding what I'll use for the future

Will FM 2011 be able to use more RAM and become a 64-bit application????

I'll either wait for someone to activate down to Kent League so I can play it and see how it runs, or try to do it myself. Would probably be easier to download it as I don't know how my laptop will run the editor. Maybe the KCL too as then I can play as Orpington FC.

I am playing as Rossendale United. I chose them as Unibond Regionals was as low as I fancied going. I chose them as they were predicted to finish 22nd in the Northern section.

I've played 2 seasons as a Beta Tester and won both leagues. It is tricky to get players of any quality, but I have been promoted out of both the Unibond Northern and Unibond Premier (champions both times no less) and am playing it in the BSN on the real game that I got today. You can actually sign some OK players but it's a lot tougher and I've not got a win after 4 games in the league. But I have won in the Conference League Cup so hopefully will find my feet. I've found it runs fine and quick, this being 2.4ghz Mac with 4GB of Ram

I've actually been to Rossendale United as I love visiting grounds on the way to Wycombe games. I have also been to Halifax, Trafford (lovely friendly club) Flixton and over 500 others

I'll either wait for someone to activate down to Kent League so I can play it and see how it runs, or try to do it myself. Would probably be easier to download it as I don't know how my laptop will run the editor. Maybe the KCL too as then I can play as Orpington FC.

Super Bladesman should be releasing his file by Friday which goes down to level 10. If that's not low enough it's a good start for other people to extend. Displaced_seagull is going to add more detail to the Sussex leagues in there, plus a few more divisions and cups.

Super Bladesman should be releasing his file by Friday which goes down to level 10. If that's not low enough it's a good start for other people to extend. Displaced_seagull is going to add more detail to the Sussex leagues in there, plus a few more divisions and cups.

Super Bladesman is fab, he is how I got to manage Rossendale

Includes some County Cups (though not Rossendale or Wycombe's Bucks & Berks Cup)

Also includes Unibond League Cup and Unibond Presidents Cup

You can play in the FA Cup too, though I had to wait till Unibond Premier until I got in

FA Trophy is there, but I've not been chosen for the draw yet, hopefully now I am in BSN I will

Bear in mind this was in the Beta Forum, so with others help improvements will be made. It is still utterly awesome, I couldn't have done all this without the file

excellent, I was quite excited (sadly) about sitting trawling through various leagues and cup competitions and adding them all to the database...but if someone else has been working on it it will be nice to jump straight in.

Do you know if he has been working on the other divisions around that level or if there is a thread elsewhere I can read with what people have been adding?

Cheers.

Just Sussex from me, I'm afraid. However, it will allow you to manage in (In addition to everything that is in Super_Bladesman's file);

Sussex County League Division Three

East Sussex Premier

Mid Sussex Premier

West Sussex Premier

Brighton, Hove & District Premier

This also gives the following Cup Competitons;

Division Three Challenge Cup

Sussex Intermediate Cup

Vernon Wentworth Cup

College Cup (Brighton, Hove & District sides)

Montgomery Cup (Mid Sussex League sides)

Malcolm Symonds Cup (West Sussex sides)

Blacklands Finance Challenge Cup (East Sussex sides)

Archived