Getting silly now.

Whats with the ridiculously over priced youth players that are totaly unproven and at not particularly big clubs?

Not to mention the 15yr old norwhich regen that wanted 20k a week to join me at liverpool!

Hertah striker 15yrs old that isnt great and they want 9mill!

15 yr old bochum defender they want 8mill! etc..

Ive heard of young players wanting big money but some of the youth price qoutes im getting are ridiculous, is this a common occurence for anybody else?

Desperatley trying to recruit some talented youth players as my under 18's is practically empty as no decent regens are coming through.

Im only in 2010 as well so its not like im 10 years into the game.

doesnt matter how good or crap the regens are i cant get one price qouted for under 6mill, ive just scouted another 9 players who arent great and some are just down right rubbish!

Im begining to wonder if my game isnt corrupted or something.

• Administrators

Yeah you cannot expect big clubs to sell their best prospects cheap, it's essentially like them saying 'not for sale' by quoting silly money. Then if you turn around and offer it, it's a winning situation for the smaller club. Also the players will request a wage similar to players of a similar level (in terms of rep and CA/PA) who are already at your club.

Yeah you cannot expect big clubs to sell their best prospects cheap, it's essentially like them saying 'not for sale' by quoting silly money. Then if you turn around and offer it, it's a winning situation for the smaller club. Also the players will request a wage similar to players of a similar level (in terms of rep and CA/PA) who are already at your club.

But ive played lots of different fm09 games and the prices being qouted have never been as high as in the game im playing now.

Like i said before, im only in 2010 and in other games ive played alot longer, the prices still arent nearly as high for youth prospects.

Im not new to the game and it seems very strange.

If I know beforehand the PA of the player I want to buy, then I know I am willing to pay the price for the quality I could potentially have at my disposal in a few years time.

You would pay 8-10mill for a 15 year old?

• Administrators

Yeah but surely that's the point of football managers and scouts - to find the best players you think are going to be amazing. When Newcastle spent £7m on Hugo Viana they expected him to be a world beater. Likewise when Arsenal spent a similar amount on Francis Jeffers. That's the risk of signing so-called hot prospects - there is no guarantee they'll be as good as you hope.

You would pay 8-10mill for a 15 year old?

Yes.

However, when you go abroad and find gems, they are usually dead cheap. That is where I am getting my best gems so far in the first season.

Would definitely pay 8-10 million for a 15 year old if I knew his PA was 196.

Sounds to me like you think you should get talented players for free.

Newsflash, talents arent cheap irl, and they are and should not be either, in FM.

I often pay top dollar for talents, some fail to become good, some do and save me the otherwise crazy amounts i'd have to pay for an equally good, but already developed player.

If on the day the newgens come in for the country, search for newgens. They will be alot cheaper. And yes it is expected that it will be expensive i nearly paid £30m for a regen, best i'd ever seen though and only 18 but real madrid beat me to him.

Sounds to me like you think you should get talented players for free.

Newsflash, talents arent cheap irl, and they are and should not be either, in FM.

I often pay top dollar for talents, some fail to become good, some do and save me the otherwise crazy amounts i'd have to pay for an equally good, but already developed player.

Whats the most expensive under 16 player ever payed for anywhere?

Who said anything about free? 9million for an average unproven 15 -16 yr old at an average not very well off club is WAY over priced no matter how you look at it and totally unrealistic in my opinion.

I had a Brazilian club want me to pay 25 million for a 15 year old, no chance and it would not happen in real life so this is an area that SI need to sort out

My point exactly.

aside from the prices the youths shouldnt be demanding 20k. i mean no youth in real life is getting that much unless he is 100 percent first team player like bojan and i doubt even bojan gets that much

Yes, first time ive heard any response to this on this thread, it's ridiculous.

aside from the prices the youths shouldnt be demanding 20k. i mean no youth in real life is getting that much unless he is 100 percent first team player like bojan and i doubt even bojan gets that much

that's only put in there to reflect the fact that the bloke doesn't want to leave. he wants to stay wherever he is and it will take bizarro money to move him.

Perhaps the club value them and simply don't want to sell them so are pricing them out of the market.

What they said. Imagine approaching Liverpool back in 1995 for a kid called Michael Owen? Nobody had heard of him, and so he was 'unproven' but the Liverpool staff knew all about him and his potential. Expect to pay a barrel full.

Well, if i had seen a 16 yr old that good then i would splash the cash, but as i said at the start of the thread these players im being qouted for are know where near as good as this guy.

If only i could find a regen that good!

and now im off regen hunting as you just inspired me! haha

Whats the most expensive under 16 player ever payed for anywhere?

Who said anything about free? 9million for an average unproven 15 -16 yr old at an average not very well off club is WAY over priced no matter how you look at it and totally unrealistic in my opinion.

Im afraid I am not going to sit and look around for highest fees for youth players. I can tell you though, Ronaldo was bought by PSV for around 6M USD when he was 16-17. Now this is 15 years ago, and the transfer fees have only gone one way since then: Up.

of course, we're presuming that the AI clubs always seem to know that their 15 year olds are going to turn out brilliant.

and that shouldn't be the case although it does seem to be.

a 15 year old shouldn't be asking for 20k either, presuming taht the op is correct because i believe for a player to be offered 20k they have to be at least a back up? you cant give a plyaer 20k for being a promising youngster.

The transfer fees I don't care much about, not exactly realistic having small clubs asking silly fees for their youngsters but generally one can accept that. The wages youth players ask for is another matter altogether. I posted a thread about this a while back as well. No way should youth players be asking for wages around £30,000 p/w. No matter how good a 16 year old thinks he could be, they wouldn't have the nerve to ask anything near that nor would they find a team actually willing to pay it.

Think people are kind of missing the OPs point here, hes not trying to sign the next michael owen or ronaldo, he says (assuming hes correct) that even crap youngsters are being offered at silly prices.

Now unless hes HUGELY unlucky and happens to have picked 15 yr olds who look crap but will one day turn into Zidane then that certainly is a problem.

I signed a spanish midfielder at 16 who is now touted as the next Xavi and my highly reliable youth coach reckons hes gonna be as good as Srna one day (i never use fm scout btw)

He cost 650k, had they asked for 8mill plus i wouldnt have paid, regardless of his 'potential'

I think maybe some other factor is at work here, what club are you managing out of interest?

I got a 16 year old right winger off of Arsenal, decent stats and my coaches say could be a leading player in the Premier. He cost £250,000, but on my QPR save I spent £7.5m on a 17 year old regen.

Foreign regens seem to be cheaper, as in real life. Foreign players cost less than English player generally.

Im afraid I am not going to sit and look around for highest fees for youth players. I can tell you though, Ronaldo was bought by PSV for around 6M USD when he was 16-17. Now this is 15 years ago, and the transfer fees have only gone one way since then: Up.

Were talking about ronaldo though, it's kind of like saying somebody payed 6mill for maradona or pele when they were 16.

6mill is actually a bargain for a player of that caliber as theres no miss conceptions or 'maybe' factor in how good there going to be in a few years.(6mill would have been a bargain for a player of that caliber 25 years ago!)

If you wait until they sign a pro contract, they should be cheaper. West Ham wanted €15m for a 16 year-old regen and when he turned 17, I got him for €3m.

Ive noticed english regens are alot more over priced than anywhere else.

Think people are kind of missing the OPs point here, hes not trying to sign the next michael owen or ronaldo, he says (assuming hes correct) that even crap youngsters are being offered at silly prices.

Now unless hes HUGELY unlucky and happens to have picked 15 yr olds who look crap but will one day turn into Zidane then that certainly is a problem.

I signed a spanish midfielder at 16 who is now touted as the next Xavi and my highly reliable youth coach reckons hes gonna be as good as Srna one day (i never use fm scout btw)

He cost 650k, had they asked for 8mill plus i wouldnt have paid, regardless of his 'potential'

I think maybe some other factor is at work here, what club are you managing out of interest?

Im managing liverpool.

Im managing liverpool.

Maybe its the 'rich' factor.

Im playing Man City and the AI takes horendous liberties with the prices it asks for its players when Im buying.

Marek Hamsik was a good example, they wouldnt sell him for less than 50mill despite numerous attempts, then literally 2 days later they accepted a bid for just 20mill. Its like AI see a human manager with money and instantly double its prices :eek:

Seriously though I have no clue why thats happening to you, sounds kinda wrong though.

Were talking about ronaldo though, it's kind of like saying somebody payed 6mill for maradona or pele when they were 16.

6mill is actually a bargain for a player of that caliber as theres no miss conceptions or 'maybe' factor in how good there going to be in a few years.(6mill would have been a bargain for a player of that caliber 25 years ago!)

You dont get the point. Talents, Ronaldo was a talent, and yes there was no gurantee that he'd succeed just like when you buy ANY talent irl, just like there is a chance of talents never achieving their potential in FM.

There are only 3 options here with what you're saying:

1) You have a bug that no one else has reported AFAIK, if players you want to sign, have low potential, yet high asking prices.

2) You have crap scouts, and in truth they have high potential.

3) You're making stuff up.

Some of them are expensive and some are not.

I buy about 3 or 4 quality youth players at the beginning of each season and it has served me well. One of the dearest was an English striker fom Newcastler GBP8m. 1 year in youth side then I sent him to our affiliate Clyde in Scottish 1st Division. They are second in league with only a couple of games left and he has destroyed the opposition up then. Granted the level is different in that league but the kid is only 17. Another one that is now one of my first team subs at 18 (nearly 19) is a Portuguese striker, bought for GBP110k now worth GBP7.5m and did so well in the reserves that i started to bring him through to the first team. I gave him his first start against Ipswich (they were fighting relegation) and he hit 2 goals and was excellent.

Now he looks at the moment to be better than my English kid above yet i bought him at a fraction of the other one.

I am wondering if it is to do with English players just being more expensive as its no secret thats the case IRL.

You dont get the point. Talents, Ronaldo was a talent, and yes there was no gurantee that he'd succeed just like when you buy ANY talent irl, just like there is a chance of talents never achieving their potential in FM.

There are only 3 options here with what you're saying:

1) You have a bug that no one else has reported AFAIK, if players you want to sign, have low potential, yet high asking prices.

2) You have crap scouts, and in truth they have high potential.

3) You're making stuff up.

I think you dont get the point, read the start of the thread.

1) Most youth players im scouting are over priced.(not world beaters like ronaldo)

2) I have world class scouts.

3) How can you compare average regens to possibly the greatest striker that ever lived? (all be it a career cut short) ronaldo wasnt a talent he was world class and first team at 17, there was no 'maybe' he will make it, everybody knew he would make it which is why a club payed all that money for him that long ago.

4) Dont start throwing accusations about calling people liars.

Just to support the OP and put the prices he talked about into perspective.

I was scouting for young players last night, my scout has 20 and 19 for judging potential and current ability respectively so hes fairly accurate.

I found a german 16 year old who is already being used as back up to the first team, he has attributes in the low to mid teens right across the board, and my scout reckons he will be a leading star and rates him as highly as my 6 star rated 'world class' MC.

I enquired about him and they want about 9mill for him, which is about right id say as his face value is already 2.5mill and hes only 16.

The OP is talking about players who arent at that level being sold for similar prices. By contrast i bought a GK from At Madrid whos decent at 16 and has potential but he isnt anywhere near good enough for first team games yet and he cost just 800k

I think thats the point, if a youth player is good enough to play first team at a decent level then you expect them to be expensive but if they are purely 'one to watch' who may or (crucially) may not make it then those values sound to high to me.

I think youngsters can commaned high wages if the transfer fee is astronomical.

I wonder what Walcott's wages are. Bear in mind Chelsea were in for him as well.

And was there not a big fall out with Sturridge (or was in Johnson) at Man City due to massive wage demands.

I know what the OP is saying but players are getting first team football younger and younger. If they are 16 or 17 and signed to 5 year contracts, they would not want to be earning a pittance (in relative terms!) when they may be first team regulars or leading stars.

What might be better though is a hot prospect demanding a substantial increase in pay if they break into the first team, or even possiblly having a clause that doubles their pay after x amount of games.

I think you dont get the point, read the start of the thread.

1) Most youth players im scouting are over priced.(not world beaters like ronaldo)

2) I have world class scouts.

3) How can you compare average regens to possibly the greatest striker that ever lived? (all be it a career cut short) ronaldo wasnt a talent he was world class and first team at 17, there was no 'maybe' he will make it, everybody knew he would make it which is why a club payed all that money for him that long ago.

4) Dont start throwing accusations about calling people liars.

You are still not understanding anything, sadly. I perfectly understand what you're trying to argue, your problem is it is downright not the case, as i already said you must have a unique bug or be lying then.

Remember to upload your save when you bug-report so they can see all the "unrealistic demands" for "not world beaters" you claim are taking place.

You are still not understanding anything, sadly. I perfectly understand what you're trying to argue, your problem is it is downright not the case, as i already said you must have a unique bug or be lying then.

Remember to upload your save when you bug-report so they can see all the "unrealistic demands" for "not world beaters" you claim are taking place.

Off topic.

Whats an infraction and why do you have one?

The wage demands issue is definitely not unique and has already been posted in the bugs forum. The fees small clubs claim are unrealistic but it doesn't really warrant a bug report as such. I don't see why anybody has to be accused of lying about anything here.

Not unrealistic. The unrealistic thing is players being wanted by a ton of top clubs, yet asking for pocket-change in wages. That goes for players being wanted due to them being potential world-class/continental rep players also.

Now I went back looking at my transfer record last 10 years in regards to youth talents and I could not find 1 case where players where crazily overpriced. Infact i found several instances where they were probably sold quite cheaply.

One guy i just sold for 9m was bought for 0.8m (the club I bought him from payed 0.08m). Continental attacker.

I bought a defender for 0.7m, board forced me to sell him for 27m, the club i bought him from had payed 2.5k for him previously. He is a world class defender fyi.

Bought a brazilian attacker for 1.7m, 7 seasons later im being offered 45-50m for him.

And I could continue.

Yes i've also bought youth players for very high prices, only to see them never develop much, but you win some you lose some, just like IRL, quite realistic.

I reckon it's a way of balancing the game. AI doesn't pay enough attention to youth, Correct? So the players they have will never develop at the club, as they won't get played enough. However, the AI knows humans do pay attention to youth, so it is programmed to ask for big money in order for it to buy players that it does rate, i.e current stars with big CA. If AI clubs didn't ask for big money and let good or even decent players go on frees, they'd never have any good players or any money.

Also, if you're Liverpool, then the scouts compare the players to your current team. They might not be good enough for your team, but they probably are for the team you're trying to buy them from.

I don't think so. The AI could've been programed to pay attention to youth too.

There is definitely something weird. I'm with the OP on this I just spent a summer buying 15 - 16 yo players who have low stats not even in the teens, as low as 1 in a couple, but they're still only available anywhere between GBP4 - 9 mil. I've also got scouts with JPA JCA of 20 & 19. None of them excelled at anything either. What I mean is they didn't have 16 finishing or 14 tackling. Oh and no other club was interested in the player (so no bidding war if that even happens in the game).

I think this could be down to the shittier clubs having bad coaches. They see normal potential as being world class so they price accordingly. Could this be the reason?

I feel your pain.

I found a 15 year old centreback from a french club. The scout rated him as a potentially leading player. His stats are pretty good currently, so I made a bid. I was willing to pay, after some intense negotiation (about a dozen back and forth offers) 8 million up front, and 250k per league match up to 50 matches (so 12.5 million for that).

Okay, he's potentially a top class player, so I'm fine with the club playing hardball for a 15 year old, even if I think it's a little high.

They finally accepted. So I go to offer a contract.

He wants 36.5k a week and 6k bonuses.

The hell?

36k is basically the wage someone who plays regularly for the first team gets (I have 8 of my first team squad on that, and another 5 or so between 15 and 25k).

Normally I don't use scouts/fmrte to get players, but in this case I just had to check his CA/PA.

It's 110 CA, and the PA is a 178. Which is high, but not ultra-high. My current CB pair is 160 for the 30 year old, and 179 for the 28 year old.

It's also not likely he will even reach that full potential.

Yet he wants first team money with a 110 CA.

I had also tried at the start of the season to build a good team for my U18's, buying 15 year olds. Every club wants 5 million upfront + 2 million in clauses + 50% on sale fee for 15 year old unproven players.

One of the kids was a 15 year old German, playing for some 3rd division German team. Scout thought he might be okay in the future.

I make an offer, like 25k. He's only valued at 7k.

He wants, get this:

Full Time contract (so when he turns 17 in 2 years).

Backup status.

16k a week.

These kids aren't anything special at this age, why do they want full player wages?

Archived