Liga Adelante

Anoeta, San Sebastián

02 October 2011, 19:00

Real Sociedad 3 - 6 U.D Salamanca (A)

Mikel Aranburu 1...........................Nacer Barazite 48

Antoine Griezmann 34....................Kike 58, 69

Borja Viguera 63...........................José Moratón 74

.................................................Andrés Símon 84

..................................................Daniel Aquino 88 (pen)

Wow. The difference from last season couldn't be more striking. We came into this game on the back of a 4-1-2 record in the last 7 games, but no win in two games. Sociedad were a place above me in 9th, but with a few injuries. We lined up in a 4-5-1 formation, as Sociedad were reported to be effective against 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1. GK Vito Mannone started, Andrea Gasparetto was put in at right back for the suspended Anaitz Arbilla, otherwise the team picked itself. On the bench was a 16 year old striker Andrés Símon, a product of our own youth system.

The whistle had barely faded before Sociedad went 1-0 up. The defence parted like the Red Sea and allowed the Sociedad midfielder to score a placed shot. A goal down after a minute and we were rocking. Throughout the first half we were second best to everything, couldn't seem to mount any attack of worth. Sociedad went 2-0 up after 34 mins, a fantastic 30 yard free-kick leaving Mannone totally stranded. Alarm bells were ringing... Half time and we looked bedraggled and lost as the players trooped into the dressing room.

I read the riot act, accused them of having no heart and no desire. This woke them up. I then changed formation to a 4-1-3-2, reasoning that things couldn't get much worse. Honour was restored right after half-time as Nacer Barazite finished strongly from a long through ball. 2-1 and we'd instantly looked better! Ten minutes later, Kerlon turned the Sociedad defender in knots on the edge of the area and fired a low shot which the keeper saved, but steaming in to net the rebound was Kike. 2-2 and we were up to score a winner. However, five minutes later, Sociedad turned the tables and netted the go-ahead goal after a weak clearance from the defence dropped to the Sociedad striker on the edge of the box.

I then took off Jason Culina, bringing on Nuno Coelho as an immediate response and we got one. Kerlon again assisting as his perfectly-weighted through ball setting up Kike again to ram home from 6 yards. 3-3. I would have never been able to mount this kind of a comeback last season! I then took the tiring Kerlon off and sent on Andrés Símon for his first League appearance for the club.

74 minutes and a deep corner to the back post found José Moratón who headed home with aplomb! 4-3! But the fun didn't stop there...

[video=youtube;Ue7zOupLuYA]

The young lad's first ever goal in his first ever league appearance. I was totally made up for him and that goal put us up 5-3. This goal also wrote him into Salamanca and Liga Adelante history as the youngest goalscorer in their history! Incredibly, the Sociedad defence gifted us one more goal with their right back taking out Kike on a run and conceding the penalty on 88 minutes which Daniel Aquino duly dispatched. 6-3 and out. Fantastic. I could never have dreamed of this last season and it bodes well for the rest of the season!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

Champions Cup 1st Knockout Round Second Leg...

Wolfsburg (1)1-1(1) Man City

Mandzukic 88 Milner 54

Scraped through to the Quater finals of the Champions League on away goals. Can we kick on from this and make this our Champions League winning year?

Man, I dream of getting potato. Even a few carrots.

My last result as Aurora Arrows was a 0-0 draw with Providence Clamdiggers. Should've won it, but the fact that we're in April and my top scorer has 5 tells the story of the whole season.

Bologna 4 - 0 AlbinoLeffe

They were down near the bottom, I'm an expected mid-table club in my fourth season with Bologna, second season in Serie A after taking them up. A big result especially as my centre forward broke a 30-hour league goal drought (His goal tally had been in double figures the year prior, and then he went to the Cup of Nations...)

After upsetting Liverpool in the Club World Cup by a score of 4-1, my plucky band of overachievers fell to Corinthians in the final, 1-0 in extra time. On a side note, this is the first time I've ever faced a European club in the semis at the CWC, as every other time it has always been my squad (North America) vs a South American club.

After upsetting Liverpool in the Club World Cup by a score of 4-1, my plucky band of overachievers fell to Corinthians in the final, 1-0 in extra time. On a side note, this is the first time I've ever faced a European club in the semis at the CWC, as every other time it has always been my squad (North America) vs a South American club.

Well done... how have you found MLS scaling as your reputation grows?

I'm now the sixth-biggest club in North America (behind only 5 Mexican clubs now!) and last season was my best. Managed to go 29 league games without a loss before running into a scheduling logjam the final two/three weeks (a game every two days.) Los Angeles was right there with me for the first half of the season and were absolutely lighting up the boards, but they stumbled in the second half of the season. Finally had my first goal per game player...and he finished second in the league in scoring to Daniel Santos with Toronto FC. Only has 10 for finishing, but still finished with 38 goals!

Overall league quality has improved, particularly as teams are stocking up on the quality newgens from non-loaded nations. Be interesting to see how that changes with the new patch. Editing all of the draft players each season, and a handful have made an impact on the league.

Won 2-0 to clinch the Kent League title with 6 games to spare :D

One of my best achievements considering I started with absolute minimum reputation (1/1/1) and with no player attributes displayed.

The chairman thanked me by tripling my wage so that I now earn £10,000 per year... almost minimum wage! :eek:

• 5 months later...

QPR 2-1 Birmingham. It was the Championship playoff first round. won 4-3 on aggregate and it was an away result. went up 2-0 at home before birmingham pulled even in the last 30 minutes on an own goal and bs penalty by me and im thinking great last year all again im basically not allowed to win promotion. then i go up 2-0 away and after a somewhat freak ricochet goal by birmingham to pull to 2-1, i said you know this game has it's mind made up if im gonna win or lose and im not gonna change to a super defensive tactic it could recalc the odds and break my heart when its been decided now that im gonna win so i let it play out. won 2-1 (4-3 on aggregate with me scoring 4 goals based on attacking play and opposition getting an own goal, weak penalty call, and quadruple ricochet that someone got a foot to against me). i feel like the match engine Gods are maybe finally on my side. on to the promotion final. its been almost 3 days and i havent played it, afraid of having to deal with another year of tedium in the championship just to have only 2-3 playoff games be all that really matter and i get jobbed again. rose mcgowan is hot she is on syfy channel right now. of all the deadbeats that have made comebacks and she hasnt.

how in the name of jupiter's balls did someone win 2 non friendlies or overmatched cup games 9-0 two times in a row? i mean i know its 2024 in your game so you built a juggernaut but thats nuts.

I was winning at HT by 4 goals in one game and 6 in the other so I thought I may as well switch to overload and it worked out well.

League cup semi - Away to 6th placed in the premier league (dont ask how they are 6th) Everton, was hoping for a close game with a narrow defeat at the worst.

just so happened I had spent 5 million on a striker from Cesena, I dont usualy buy players I am linked to in the press, but he had a good goal scoring record at his old club, and looked a reasonable player, knew he would probably play in this game, and either him or Sanogo would grab me a goal, as away games are harder I was hoping to keep in touch by a goal or so so i have a fighting chance at home, especially as i gambled on an attacking formation away from home, which is a HUGE gamble against better teams.

what followed was fantastic, and of course the 4th from a conrer from a Liverpool defender, who is on loan, who scores a lot from corners.

1024x640.resizedimage

winning this match puts me in a fantastic position to get to the league cup final, then who knows, the Europa League, and even better signings.

how in the name of jupiter's balls did someone win 2 non friendlies or overmatched cup games 9-0 two times in a row? i mean i know its 2024 in your game so you built a juggernaut but thats nuts.

It's called 'cheat tactics'. With his CB grabbing several goals a game it is blatantly obvious he is utilising the corner exploit.

Pachuca 1 - 2 Toronto FC in the CONCACAF Champions League semis, giving me a 3-1 victory on aggregate. Still on track for my sixth straight CCL title, though I just sold my 19-y.o. Paraguayan newgen that set the team record for goals in a season (38) last year, along with Luca Caldirola, my centerback rock that is finally able to play for Canada now. Still rolling with a converted striker as my offensive-minded CM, despite being rated at just two stars. Come July 1st, I'll be digging through the released players from the top leagues to find some reinforcements. Squad average should remain right around 21-22.

Pachuca 1 - 2 Toronto FC in the CONCACAF Champions League semis, giving me a 3-1 victory on aggregate. Still on track for my sixth straight CCL title, though I just sold my 19-y.o. Paraguayan newgen that set the team record for goals in a season (38) last year, along with Luca Caldirola, my centerback rock that is finally able to play for Canada now. Still rolling with a converted striker as my offensive-minded CM, despite being rated at just two stars. Come July 1st, I'll be digging through the released players from the top leagues to find some reinforcements. Squad average should remain right around 21-22.

How has your side performed in the Club World Championships?

Archived