SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Hi

I used to play Knap 4-4-2 for 9.2 patch and got prety good results. But in Europe can only qualify to Champions leaguge or Euro Cup then i lost all matches in gropu stage. I play Polish team so it is to week for European football. And then i find your tactic, try it and i must say im impresed. I can say the best one i have played in FM09. I use only control tactic in home and away games, here are results after change to sexy football:

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fm043rl0.jpg

I was in shock in this maches, as u see i lead until ~85 min. But as u can see i was not only luck according to game stats .

http://img152.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fm044ta5.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fm045jr9.jpg

Now i got winter break. After that i play rest of matches using your tactics and show how its goes. I thing your control tactic work perfect for small clubs when u are not favorited.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts are you in the league?

I'm hovering between 16th and 19th, but playing well and could easily be in the top 10.

I'm worried about my Ass Mans team talks tbh, as we have let a lot of half time leads slip, even if we continue to dominate in the 2nd half?

I have never got to grips with team talks and find that they have way to much of an impact on games, which is ridiculous and can almost be a gamestopper.

I have read all the team talk advice threads, but all that seems to happen is that i make things worse, so i suppose i'm stuck with my Ass Man.

blackpoolgm4.jpg

w640.png

As you can see, with around a third of the season gone, there is only six points between ourselves and a playoff place.

What is so frustrating about this game is just how well the AI players however poor, can just run and run with the ball and often straight through my players, to set up their own good chances, whilst my goals are well made through hard work, perseverance and a good tactic.

I really feel that 09 is a massive let down ME wise.

Won the league, league cup and Scottish cup, finished with 110 pts in the league and only conceded 12 goals.

I have found it less effective in Europe, lost to Barcelona in the last 16.

I don't know if it's the formation or that I'm unsure what team talks to use when I am the underdog.

Thanks a lot.

Won the league, league cup and Scottish cup, finished with 110 pts in the league and only conceded 12 goals.

I have found it less effective in Europe, lost to Barcelona in the last 16.

I don't know if it's the formation or that I'm unsure what team talks to use when I am the underdog.

Thanks a lot.

You are playing as a Scottish club and you think you have to beat Barca? You are really ambitious :D The tactic is an important part of the game, but players also matter a lot. So don't worry about losing to Barcelona too much.

I'm sure if you can get the right players in, such as two quick strikers and a couple of creative midfield players, you'll be ok.

Ah no wonder, my 2 strikers are not quick and i have been struggling to score goals.I have got Juan Fierro who as strenght 19 jumping 20 heading 15 and finishing 12 but pace is only 10, And my other striker is brazillian Caca strength 15 first touch 16 finishing 16 but pace 8.

Yeah i was same i had a very good start to season was 11th untill january when Alan Gow,Adam Hammil and Steve Kabba's loans ended. Kabba was the third top scorer in the league with 16 goals for me had an agreed price of 150k but Kabba did not want to join so he returned on 1st of Jan same as Gow he was not intrested either. It was after all of thos players loans finshed when i went into Free Fall. Plus i try to sign Nathan Tyson for 95k offered him what he wanted but then he signed a new contract with Nottm Forest and now they wanted 300k for him so ended up siging Jamie Cuerton on a free from Norwich who is not the quikest. My defenders are the best part of my team all young at very good. Raul Gonzalez strength of 18 and heading 15 jumping 18 plus got Marvin Andrews as a backup in his 30's but not bad as a back up heading 18 jumping 18.

Now i know what i will be looking for, some fast strikers :D Time to prepare my squad for league one!

Here is how the table looked after my defeat to Doncaster at the end of the season.

27208204lh3.jpg

w1024.png

Well I can safely say that this is one of the best FM tactics I have ever used and definitley the best FM 09 tactic I have used without a doubt.

After gaining promotion in my second season in League 1 as Hudderfield Town, starting to use this tactic about half way through the season, it exceeded my expectations in the Championship and I finished 2nd to gain promotion to Premier League.

I mainly use the control tactic and have found XS's tweaks very useful when trying to turn a game around or when searching for the winner.

I lost my first game in the Premier League to Chelsea 4-1, but I think with this tactic and the players I have signed I will stay up quite comfortably.

Nice one!

Guess what? This might be the tactic. Lets be realistic. We do not expect a tactic that will get Hull or West Brom be the champ unless you have a great great players joining them. I took West Ham. I thought West Ham deserves to be around 10-6th position irl. In my first season, i got them to be the champion of England. I have most of the players there with only acquisation of Marquinhos and Mattock. The tactic needs a fast striker but Ashton seems to do well(at times only). I truly agree that the striker need not be really damn fast. But then again at some of the matches, i will be cursing alot of Ashton too. Marquinhos did extremely well with lots of spectacular goals. Assuming from his flair. 2nd season, i end up 2nd. Althought i've bought Zapata and Van der Vaart to have a much stronger squad, Lost the league to a much stronger liverpool side. Lol! Arsenal and Chelsea out of CL. I've lost CL final to Barcelona. No complains bout that. Only silverware for 2nd season is the league cup and i'm still smiling. Got a job managing Nigeria. Got to the quaterfinal stage in the WC. Great tactic imo. Now trying out a new game with Doncaster. I expect for promotion after 2 seasons. Have fun everyone!

I'm gonna give it a go with my Real Oviedo save. I recently got promoted to Liga Adelante. I've tried your tactic with my Chelsea and Lyon sides and it worked really well. The day before I tried it with Chelsea I made a very similar tactic with 2 speedy strikers and it worked really well. Then I tried yours and it worked really well. Currently I'm using the 2-6-2 mentality system for 2009 (not the 2008 one) but I only have 1 target man and 3 speedy strikers so I think this is more suited. I'll keep you posted.

Ah no wonder, my 2 strikers are not quick and i have been struggling to score goals.I have got Juan Fierro who as strenght 19 jumping 20 heading 15 and finishing 12 but pace is only 10, And my other striker is brazillian Caca strength 15 first touch 16 finishing 16 but pace 8.

Yeah i was same i had a very good start to season was 11th untill january when Alan Gow,Adam Hammil and Steve Kabba's loans ended. Kabba was the third top scorer in the league with 16 goals for me had an agreed price of 150k but Kabba did not want to join so he returned on 1st of Jan same as Gow he was not intrested either. It was after all of thos players loans finshed when i went into Free Fall. Plus i try to sign Nathan Tyson for 95k offered him what he wanted but then he signed a new contract with Nottm Forest and now they wanted 300k for him so ended up siging Jamie Cuerton on a free from Norwich who is not the quikest. My defenders are the best part of my team all young at very good. Raul Gonzalez strength of 18 and heading 15 jumping 18 plus got Marvin Andrews as a backup in his 30's but not bad as a back up heading 18 jumping 18.

Now i know what i will be looking for, some fast strikers :D Time to prepare my squad for league one!

[/img][/url]

I had'nt realised about the loan players going back on the 1st of January, but despite this we carried on with some good form and good results.

Sadly we have now hit a decline and have gone 7 games without a win, with some of my best players out injured and we have slowly but surely started to drop down the table(10th to 19th)

Here are the first 3 games of our winless run.

blackpoolgame1dr6.jpg

w640.png

blackpoolgame2sl2.jpg

w640.png

blackpoolgame3xy3.jpg

w640.png

Had we won those games, we actually would have crept into the play off places and even 7 points would have put us just outside in 7th place.

Sadly we got just two points and morale dropped, plus a couple of injuries and its time for a bad run.

I honestly think that someone used to playing LLM could have Blackpool challenging for the play offs, also, in my game i only loaded the English leagues and i'm sure that those who know better could pick up some cheap solid players from other leagues around the World.

I'm about 6 games away from the end of the season now and although i can't say its been fun, it has shown me that this tactic is solid even with very poor teams, get the right players in and your laughing!

blackpool14thli4.jpg

w640.png

I must have nicked about 8 or 9 points throughout the season, but was easily robbed of 20 maybe as many as 25, which may have seen us challenging for a play off spot?

I was more than happy, especially as it was my first game in the Championship and Blackpool had a poor squad, little money and were expected to finish dead last.

Are you going to do the next season too? Would be interesting to see if you could get some good freebies in the summer to try and get them in the premiership!

It seems getting the right strikers in is key.

I've started one as Newcastle myself - hoping with Martins & Owen - both with bagfulls of pace... that wll help me earn a respectable place in the top half - maybe more?!

Another update on my Cardiff game.

For those of you not been following - I played 2 and a half seasons of mid-table inconsistency. Then I switched to this tactic and ended up in the play-offs but lost in the final. Next season I won the Championship with 100pts.

First season in Prem I was hovering around 14th-15th but had a late season surge to finish 11th.

Second season I was hovering around 10th but again had a late surge and finished 7th and that brought me UEFA Cup qualification.

Have only played a few games of my third season in Prem.

These two tactics are not miracles by any means but they do allow consistent progress.

Having said that you have to have good players also.

My side last season was this.

GK: Scott Carson 5* (Bosman)

RB: Regen 5* (4m)

LB: Regen 4*-7* (5m)

CB: Roger Johnson 4* (Original Player)

CB: Christopher Samba 5* (Bosman)

DM: ... Cabaya 6* (12m)

CM: Hernanes 7* (24.5m)

RM: Regen 5* (4m)

LM: Fran Merida 5* (Bosman)

ST: Nathan Delfouneso 4*-7* (Bosman)

ST: Yakubu 5* (Bosman)

The first * rating is their current rating the next one (if they have one) is their potential. As you can see, there is still plenty of room for improvement. That side got me to 7th. My back ups are all 3* or 4*. My plan now is to add one amazing player every season. This summer it was a regen CB who is 20 and already has one England cap with current 6* with 7* potential. He cost me 22.5m! Couldn't find anyone on a Bosman this year.

So, I'm happy because realistically it takes that type of money to break the top four.

One question though about the whole *rating thing - I am using DarkStar's training, and have all 7* coaches. I have noticed though that this season some of my players have lost a * off their rating. e.g. Both Carson and Samba are down to 4* this season. Their stats have not suffered so I am wondering if this is a relative rating because my side has finished higher. In other words, just like *ratings change between divisions, are they also affected by relative league placings in the top flight. So Carson for instance is 5* player for a team battling relegation but a 4* player for a team expected to finish mid-table. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

For those of you not been following - I played 2 and a half seasons of mid-table inconsistency. Then I switched to this tactic and ended up in the play-offs but lost in the final. Next season I won the Championship with 100pts.

First season in Prem I was hovering around 14th-15th but had a late season surge to finish 11th.

Second season I was hovering around 10th but again had a late surge and finished 7th and that brought me UEFA Cup qualification.

Have only played a few games of my third season in Prem.

These two tactics are not miracles by any means but they do allow consistent progress.

Having said that you have to have good players also.

My side last season was this.

GK: Scott Carson 5* (Bosman)

RB: Regen 5* (4m)

LB: Regen 4*-7* (5m)

CB: Roger Johnson 4* (Original Player)

CB: Christopher Samba 5* (Bosman)

DM: ... Cabaya 6* (12m)

CM: Hernanes 7* (24.5m)

RM: Regen 5* (4m)

LM: Fran Merida 5* (Bosman)

ST: Nathan Delfouneso 4*-7* (Bosman)

ST: Yakubu 5* (Bosman)

The first * rating is their current rating the next one (if they have one) is their potential. As you can see, there is still plenty of room for improvement. That side got me to 7th. My back ups are all 3* or 4*. My plan now is to add one amazing player every season. This summer it was a regen CB who is 20 and already has one England cap with current 6* with 7* potential. He cost me 22.5m! Couldn't find anyone on a Bosman this year.

So, I'm happy because realistically it takes that type of money to break the top four.

One question though about the whole *rating thing - I am using DarkStar's training, and have all 7* coaches. I have noticed though that this season some of my players have lost a * off their rating. e.g. Both Carson and Samba are down to 4* this season. Their stats have not suffered so I am wondering if this is a relative rating because my side has finished higher. In other words, just like *ratings change between divisions, are they also affected by relative league placings in the top flight. So Carson for instance is 5* player for a team battling relegation but a 4* player for a team expected to finish mid-table. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

i'm not to sure regarding player star ratings so i dont take much notice, i know my star players through performances and stats and know areas of my team i can improve.

But i think it's related to your other squad members, i.e i have alot of players in my reserves who are only 2 stars at Roma, but when i have a look at coach report, my ass man says could be a leading star in Serie A, and the player has decent stats for his age, but due to the fact i have players in my first team playing in the players position who are imo world class or the potential to be world class, it makes the player who could be a leading star in Serie A only have a 2 star potential. I also think it's related to performances if the player plays a large amount of games and puts in good performances his star rating seems to go up, this tends to happen when i buy new young players, who may only have 3 stars but when they put in good consistent performances the star ratings go up.

star rating is relative. For instanse, you may have all players with 5-6 stars in championship, but they will rarely have more than 3 stars if brought in premiership. Similarly, your players can have 5-6 stars if you are relegation candidate, but to compete in Europe and EPL they will have only 3-4 stars. It's like if you bring, say, Fletcher to WBA - big star!, but for ManUtd level of ambitions - just an average player.

star rating is relative. For instanse, you may have all players with 5-6 stars in championship, but they will rarely have more than 3 stars if brought in premiership. Similarly, your players can have 5-6 stars if you are relegation candidate, but to compete in Europe and EPL they will have only 3-4 stars. It's like if you bring, say, Fletcher to WBA - big star!, but for ManUtd level of ambitions - just an average player.

Yeah thats sounds about right.

Are you going to do the next season too? Would be interesting to see if you could get some good freebies in the summer to try and get them in the premiership!

It seems getting the right strikers in is key.

I've started one as Newcastle myself - hoping with Martins & Owen - both with bagfulls of pace... that wll help me earn a respectable place in the top half - maybe more?!

I was bored tbh mate, but have kept the saved game just in case.

The Newcastle game i started was quite easy, finishing 3rd, then 1st and leading the table by 14 points in season 3 with ten games left.

Ok, I have a few questions, which aren't specifically to do with this tactic, but will help me make a decision on what I do.

Ok, I've been using a 4-4-2 for the past season, and about 2 months. 14 months in total, we'll say.

It now seems that the opposition in the PremierLeague have clicked to this, and I'm having to put in twice the amount of effort to get a win, when last season it was simple.

I'm especially struggling away from home - when I topped the Away Table last season.

If I switch to your 4-4-2, will they remain knowledgeable on my tactics, and be expecting a 4-4-2?

Also, with my wingers being;

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Santi Cazorla

Mikel Arteta

And my strikers being:

Daniel Aquino

Bojan

Robinho

Cardozo

Keirrison

Do you think this tactic will be effective?

Just a heads up, as I am needing to try and do well, in hope that I can win the title.

But my current tactic is proving to be a hard way of winning...

Ok, I have a few questions, which aren't specifically to do with this tactic, but will help me make a decision on what I do.

Ok, I've been using a 4-4-2 for the past season, and about 2 months. 14 months in total, we'll say.

It now seems that the opposition in the PremierLeague have clicked to this, and I'm having to put in twice the amount of effort to get a win, when last season it was simple.

I'm especially struggling away from home - when I topped the Away Table last season.

If I switch to your 4-4-2, will they remain knowledgeable on my tactics, and be expecting a 4-4-2?

Also, with my wingers being;

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Santi Cazorla

Mikel Arteta

And my strikers being:

Daniel Aquino

Bojan

Robinho

Cardozo

Keirrison

Do you think this tactic will be effective?

Just a heads up, as I am needing to try and do well, in hope that I can win the title.

But my current tactic is proving to be a hard way of winning...

I've never used the players u have mentioned, but as long as u have two with good pace, acceleration, composure and finishing, you should be fine, if you are a top side i would suggest you use the home tactic at home and away, unless your up against one of the big boys away.

first of all i want to congratulate with whom made this tactic to you pointon

pointon i believe in your tactic but i have some difficlties when using control or home

every game i am favourtie and i am playing with portsmouth

and i am tipped to be 11 now sitting in 7th

can you expalin by the help of the odds hwne you use the control or home tactis for eg next home i am palying home

porsmtouth 2.25 vs man city 2.7 should i use the home tactic?

and if portsmouth 4.5 vs arsenal 1.75 should i use the home tactic

and if hull 9 vs porstmout 1.35 should i use the control tactic?

can you help me by giving me examples by odds

I never use OI and have good success, so i wouldn't even bother with them.

first of all i want to congratulate with whom made this tactic to you pointon

pointon i believe in your tactic but i have some difficlties when using control or home

every game i am favourtie and i am playing with portsmouth

and i am tipped to be 11 now sitting in 7th

can you expalin by the help of the odds hwne you use the control or home tactis for eg next home i am palying home

porsmtouth 2.25 vs man city 2.7 should i use the home tactic?

and if portsmouth 4.5 vs arsenal 1.75 should i use the home tactic

and if hull 9 vs porstmout 1.35 should i use the control tactic?

can you help me by giving me examples by odds

If i'm favourites at home, which i always am, i use the home tactic, i also use the home tactic if i'm favouries away, due to me believing i have a far better team, but if the opposition is favourites and i'm playing away i will use the control tactic if however around the 30 mins mark i'm getting outplayed which is extremely rare and i'm using the control tactic i will switch to the home tactic.

Started a new career with Villa and thought I'd give this tactic a try, coz everything else I've tried so far has never led me to success. Anyways not a great start to the season but it was against two of the toughest teams in the EPL.

Chelsea (A) 1-1

Man Utd (H) 4-1 defeat

I was delighted with the Chelsea result and played with the control tactic as I was away from home but really disappointed with the home defeat to Man Utd. I played the control tactic again coz it was against a stronger team but once I fell 2-1 behind I went to the home tactic and things just fell apart to be honest.

Hopefully things pick up from here.....

Villa Update.....

Wigan (A) 2-0 defeat

Blackburn (H) 3-2 defeat (Was 2-0 up and they came back to win 3-2)

Really not liking this very much at the moment. Do you have an OI's selected when playing?

no i dont use OI, it can take time for it to gel like all tactics, and if your morale of your players is poor, that wont help, make sure you use two quick strikers upfront as they swap positions so if you've only got one you need to tweak the tactic, by removing the swap position, take of forward runs of the striker with the lower mentality and give him through balls often.

Im doing great with this tactic with Mothwerwell

Hearts (A) 1-1

Aberdeen (H) 2-1

Dundee Utd (H) 3-1

Hibs (A) 1-1

Celtic (H) 2-1

Austria Wien (A) 0-0 UEFA Cup

Rangers (A) 0-1 :( Hit the post twice

Clyde (A) 2-0 League Cup

St Mirren (H) 2-1

Austria Wien (H) 2-0 UEFA Cup

Falkirk (H) 3-0

Home form is brilliant - I'm using control tactic most of the time. I would like my away form to improve slightly but that is being fussy. Playing as Motherwell I had no transfer money available and have only brought in Ryan Conroy on loan to give me cover down the LHS.

Scoring a few goals direct from corners also :)

Once I get better players in this will be even better, thanks

My tactic i used from 08 to 2015 stopped working so i decided to try this. Won the league with 98 points, could have been more if i played best 11 for all the games, and won the fa cup and champions league. Only ever downloaded a few tactics but this is easily the best. Highlights include 7-0 win over QPR ( who are mid prem team ) in the fa cup 6th round, and 6-1 away in Munich for CL QF and not dropping a single point to the "big four" during the season. And i used the "home" tactic for all games, just tweaking CF + CD + TW to close off the rare few matches that was close

i agree.starting to get used to this tactic the only problem i conceed quite a few goals maybe in could be my defenders arent good enough but i have had some cracking results reached the league cup final losing to arsenal and have reached the fa cup final where i have to play arsenal again.also should finish in the top 7 so not to bad for my first season in the prem.

i agree.starting to get used to this tactic the only problem i conceed quite a few goals maybe in could be my defenders arent good enough but i have had some cracking results reached the league cup final losing to arsenal and have reached the fa cup final where i have to play arsenal again.also should finish in the top 7 so not to bad for my first season in the prem.

Arsenal are tough to beat on this game, i lost in the Champions league final to them, 2-1 although i dominated the entire match. Both tactics are quite attacking with your full backs getting forward, thats why you will have the odd problem with your defence, i did when i was using Oldham and my players were fairly average for the league they were in. When i went to Roma i also had the same problem but since i got in really good defenders my defence is pretty solid.

My view is you could create a tactic, where you get men behind the ball and look to hit on the break, and not allow your full backs to stray to far forward, and lose games 1-0 and 2-0 because your attacking threat isn't great and you are just inviting pressure on you, or you could attack from the start and attempt to score a few and have a go, abit like Hull City in the early part of this season. I decided to go for the attacking option, but have one tactic that controls the game and holds the ball far more for those tough away games, now my squad is excellent i hardly ever use the control tactic. Even though i know it's a very good tactic that allowed me to finish 2nd in my first season in the prem.

I don't want to count my chickens but so far....you are a GENIUS!

I've had iffy luck with various tactics in FM09 and as a result had never really gotten into the game like I had in previous versions. I hate my team playing apallingly for no apparent reason and having no consistency and no clear idea of what is going wrong. So, on the off-chance, I hopped onto this forum again last night and found your tactic. I used a Sexy Football 4-4-2 tactic with great results in FM06 (I wonder if it was yours?) and so far my results on this one have been brilliant.

I'm playing as Aston Villa. Third season. I've managed to generate a decent amount of money by selling off a lot of players, progressing well in competitions (secured a Champions League place the previous season) and so I've made a few additions to my squad. I started using your tactic about six or seven games into the season when I realised that my team weren't playing very well and things were just starting to go wrong in general. My results so far:-

AWAY vs QPR - 1-0 WIN

HOME vs Man Utd - 2-1 WIN

AWAY vs Arsenal - 3-3 DRAW (I was actually 3-1 down with ten mins to go but Steven Taylor and Ashley Young never gave up!)

AWAY vs PSG (ECC) - 2-0 WIN

HOME vs Bolton - 5-1 WIN

HOME vs Wigan - 2-1 WIN

HOME vs PSG (ECC) - 1-0 WIN (Was playing the "Home" tactic for the first half and we were lucky not to be two or three behind. Switched to the control tactic for the second half, played much better and Young scored a 30 yard screamer)

AWAY vs Reading - 1-0 WIN

HOME vs Middlesbrough - 1-0 WIN

HOME vs Derby (LC) - 2-0 WIN (I played a weak side)

AWAY vs Sunderland - 2-1 WIN

So no losses yet and two tough games against Arsenal and Manchester United played. In the Sunderland game I had my MC sent off in the second half with the score at 1-0 to us. Normally this means certain doom for my teams, but I pushed my DMC up into the MC position and played the rest of the match with a 4-3-2. Young managed to bag a second with Sunderland getting theirs with 6 mins left to play - but they then went on to have a player sent off themselves.

So yeah, I'm really liking this tactic so far.

nitro you are using the control tactic only?

I've had iffy luck with various tactics in FM09 and as a result had never really gotten into the game like I had in previous versions. I hate my team playing apallingly for no apparent reason and having no consistency and no clear idea of what is going wrong. So, on the off-chance, I hopped onto this forum again last night and found your tactic. I used a Sexy Football 4-4-2 tactic with great results in FM06 (I wonder if it was yours?) and so far my results on this one have been brilliant.

I'm playing as Aston Villa. Third season. I've managed to generate a decent amount of money by selling off a lot of players, progressing well in competitions (secured a Champions League place the previous season) and so I've made a few additions to my squad. I started using your tactic about six or seven games into the season when I realised that my team weren't playing very well and things were just starting to go wrong in general. My results so far:-

AWAY vs QPR - 1-0 WIN

AWAY vs Arsenal - 3-3 DRAW (I was actually 3-1 down with ten mins to go but Steven Taylor and Ashley Young never gave up!)

HOME vs Bolton - 5-1 WIN

HOME vs Wigan - 2-1 WIN

HOME vs PSG (ECC) - 1-0 WIN (Was playing the "Home" tactic for the first half and we were lucky not to be two or three behind. Switched to the control tactic for the second half, played much better and Young scored a 30 yard screamer)

So no losses yet and two tough games against Arsenal and Manchester United played. In the Sunderland game I had my MC sent off in the second half with the score at 1-0 to us. Normally this means certain doom for my teams, but I pushed my DMC up into the MC position and played the rest of the match with a 4-3-2. Young managed to bag a second with Sunderland getting theirs with 6 mins left to play - but they then went on to have a player sent off themselves.

nitro you are using the control tactic only?

No, I've been using the home tactic for all the home games except the ones where my teams is considered underdogs in which case I use the control one. I use the control tactic for all the way games. I switched from home to control at half time in the PSG game because PSG were completely outplaying my side and we were lucky not to be behind.

no i dont use OI, it can take time for it to gel like all tactics, and if your morale of your players is poor, that wont help, make sure you use two quick strikers upfront as they swap positions so if you've only got one you need to tweak the tactic, by removing the swap position, take of forward runs of the striker with the lower mentality and give him through balls often.

I use Agbonlahor (quickest player in the game) and Keirrison as my two forwards. I agree the tactic may need time to gel but as you all well know...when your stuck in a relegation dogfight for long enough, results just don't come your way sometimes. That is why I'm a little disappointed because the Villa team has bags of ability but the tactic just doesn't seem to click for me at the moment BUT I am willing to give it time. Maybe 5 more games or so and if it still doesn't work for me i'm afraid i'm gonna be back on here having a moan haha :p.

Has anyone else had success with Villa with this tactic?

Not Bad. I should say better than any tactics i have tried to compile!!!

I have a rubbish team, no money but managed to finish 9th, 11th, 7th and now wont finish below 8th this year.

Slowly my team is getting better but any decent player leaves to a bigger club so....i am forever rebuilding.

I use Agbonlahor (quickest player in the game) and Keirrison as my two forwards. I agree the tactic may need time to gel but as you all well know...when your stuck in a relegation dogfight for long enough, results just don't come your way sometimes. That is why I'm a little disappointed because the Villa team has bags of ability but the tactic just doesn't seem to click for me at the moment BUT I am willing to give it time. Maybe 5 more games or so and if it still doesn't work for me i'm afraid i'm gonna be back on here having a moan haha :p.

Has anyone else had success with Villa with this tactic?

Did not try it with Villa, but played with Villa before. IMHO there are a few problems:

- DCs are not fast enough;

- Both Petrov and Reo-Coker (DM positions) don't play well at the beginning. They lack motivation or whatever;

- Ashley Young is not exactly ML, he is rather AML, so he does not provide enough defensive support;

- In my game Shorey and Davis had problems blending into squad and Cuellar had communication problems. So defense is really a problem.

- Agbonlahor is fast but his finishing is not too high. And, IIRC he thought I am not good enough for Villa.

- For some reason, whenever I tried to play relatively narrow (that is not wide) it did not work with Villa: they would stop scoring but would not stop conceeding:D

So with Villa it may take time.

Well since my last post my luck/performance has picked up.

Twente (H) UEFA Cup - 2-0 win

Everton (A) 0-0 (they were top of the league so good result)

Bolton (A) League Cup - 3-1 win

Arsenal (H) 5-0 win YES....that's right 5-0. I think this tactic is coming together.

Curtis Davies has 15 pace and acceleration so he is definetly quick enough but yes fair enough Laursen is abit slow but makes up for it in anticipation and positioning.

The DM position is abit of a problem you're right and I intend to sort that out in January. I bought Joe Mattock to add abit of competition at DL for Shorey and hopefully he'll end up being my 1st choice after a couple of seasons. Agbonlahor has been decent so far and has 6 in 10 games so I'm happy with him so far and Keirrison has just started to adapt to the English game and started scoring.

I play wide with Villa to try and stretch the opposition but like Young and Milner to cut inside as there isn't a great target man for crosses and it seems that it has started to pay dividends with Young and Milner with quite a few assists so far.

But I think you are right - it will take time for this team to be up there challenging.

AWAY vs QPR - 1-0 WIN

HOME vs Bolton - 5-1 WIN

HOME vs Wigan - 2-1 WIN

Yeah i created the sexy football tactic in FM06 which alot of people had good success with, including me. Since then though i'd struggled to create anything worthwhile posting. Not wanting to blow my own trumpet or anything, but i dont like to post tactics unless i'm sure they are decent, i never create a tactic with a big team, as quite often the quality players you have will cover any short fall in the tactic. IMO the days are gone where you can have a tactic such as Diablo and use it with any team and have amazing success. All tactics posted have strengths and weaknesses, with mine it's quite attacking with your full backs bombing forward, so if you haven't got good defenders and your up against a better team you could suffer, but i prefer that then sitting back and inviting pressure.

Started a game with everton and used the 'control' version of the tactic. 17 games in to the premiership and im sitting comfetably 3rd. City and United 5 points ahead and im 5 points clear of Chelsea and Liverpool.

Excellent tactic so far it seems, the games I havn't won I've had more possesion in and more CCC apart from one, against Valencia... but I blame that on me saying "relax, pressure is off" and coming in 2-0 down at half time!

The formation does seem perfect for my everton side which is probably why with only 1 'first team' signing of Vicente on loan i'm 3rd.