SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Ah, just a quick, slightly off topic question, have many of you tried training 'preferences' at all. You know, individual preferred moves. I haven't at all but was wondering if any of you have found it beneficial. I only ask cos I see Pointon mentioned above about training up strikers to try and round goalkeepers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@JayHunt, have you sold Fellaini? And is that the crocked old Ronaldo you've picked up?

Can I also ask where you got your Premier League badges from? I'd like to have them also.

Yea its under the skinning hide-out look for release clubs and logos. Its near the top of the section at the moment.

Fellaini was sold to Inter for 18m + 25% of future fee. Bill Kenright said it was too good to turn down so i had no choice. Yea thats the Old Ronaldo picked him up for 600k in Jan of the 1st season as needed some support for Yakubu at that point. Was very low on cash and wanted some experience.

Ah, just a quick, slightly off topic question, have many of you tried training 'preferences' at all. You know, individual preferred moves. I haven't at all but was wondering if any of you have found it beneficial. I only ask cos I see Pointon mentioned above about training up strikers to try and round goalkeepers.

tell all my young pacy strikers with good dribbling and composure to try and round the keeper, as i'm sure you've noticed the tactic can create a few one on one's, it's hard to tell if its made a difference though, some times they round the keeper other times they shoot.

Pointon, first off I'd like to congratulate you on a couple of excellent tactics!!!

I've been testing them for just under half a season with Juventus. I'm top of the league and I easily topped my CL Group too. So far, in all competitions my record is:-

GP-23 W-20 D-2 L-1 GF-59 GA-14

I don't have the quickest strikers on my books, but the craft of Del Piero and the power of Amauri is working a treat. They seem to form a great partnership with both scoring 12 goals each so far this season.

Amauri 22(1) 12

Del Piero 20(2) 12

However, my midfielders don't seem to be joining the party as far as getting in on the goals is concerned. Only 5 goals have come from midfield so far - spread between 3 players.

Camoranesi 21(0) 3 (only 1 of the 3 from open play)

Marchisio 19(3) 1

Nedved 12(1) 1

My leading goalscorer(and leading the Serie A charts) is one of my centre-backs - Legrottaglie. He seems to be scoring an unrealistic amount of goals for a centre-back. He is obviously my right sided central defender and is benefiting from challenging the keeper and all the corners being aimed at him. I am thinking about changing the corner routine for this tactic to make it more realistic, but I'm worried it will cost me precious points.

Legrottaglie 21(0) 13

All in all, as I said at the start - these tactics are excellent. I would, however, like to see more goals from my midfield and seeing my centre-half at the top of the scoring charts doesn't seem very realistic to me.

Frag

Pointon, first off I'd like to congratulate you on a couple of excellent tactics!!!

I've been testing them for just under half a season with Juventus. I'm top of the league and I easily topped my CL Group too. So far, in all competitions my record is:-

GP-23 W-20 D-2 L-1 GF-59 GA-14

I don't have the quickest strikers on my books, but the craft of Del Piero and the power of Amauri is working a treat. They seem to form a great partnership with both scoring 12 goals each so far this season.

Amauri 22(1) 12

Del Piero 20(2) 12

However, my midfielders don't seem to be joining the party as far as getting in on the goals is concerned. Only 5 goals have come from midfield so far - spread between 3 players.

Camoranesi 21(0) 3 (only 1 of the 3 from open play)

Marchisio 19(3) 1

Nedved 12(1) 1

My leading goalscorer(and leading the Serie A charts) is one of my centre-backs - Legrottaglie. He seems to be scoring an unrealistic amount of goals for a centre-back. He is obviously my right sided central defender and is benefiting from challenging the keeper and all the corners being aimed at him. I am thinking about changing the corner routine for this tactic to make it more realistic, but I'm worried it will cost me precious points.

Legrottaglie 21(0) 13

All in all, as I said at the start - these tactics are excellent. I would, however, like to see more goals from my midfield and seeing my centre-half at the top of the scoring charts doesn't seem very realistic to me.

Frag

Are you using control or home, i find using home my wingers and midfielders score a few goals each season, they are by no means prolific but chip in with a few, if your midfielders have good long shots you could try puttting it onto often, so it may increase the amount of goals. As for the corner routine you have obviously struck lucky, although every season my i lead the table for goals from corners it's usually only by 1 or 2 which i'm happy with, you could take it out and see how the tactic holds up, with my Oldham team i never had a towering centre back and didn't score that many but still achieved good results, so i think it can do for you.

I use Home at Home and Control Away. It's pretty Solid. Sissoko in front of my back 4 is doing great and Chiellini is immense!!

just like to see the likes of Nedved, Giovinco, Camoranesi & co. getting a few more chances to score.

Parma, 3rd season, got a decent squad which got me to 6th place in Serie A season 2. I was recently playing against Juventus using Control. They dominated so much I've changed to Home at tie break. Lost 0:2 which was a lucky score considering they had 16 shots and two disallowed goals...

Parma, 3rd season, got a decent squad which got me to 6th place in Serie A season 2. I was recently playing against Juventus using Control. They dominated so much I've changed to Home at tie break. Lost 0:2 which was a lucky score considering they had 16 shots and two disallowed goals...

I'm using Roma in serie A not had to many problems against the big guns, but on occasions if i'm getting battered with the opponenet creating too many chances, and switching tactics doesn't work i lower time wasting quite a bit, as i put it quite high to allow your forward players to get into position before your defence and midfield release the ball, but if you come up against an opponent closing down heavily on your players then they will be likely to be caught in possession, so turn it down and it should help, you can also play abit with the mentallities and play more on the counter.

first game using this tactici beat man utd 2-1 at home i'm middlesbrough first season the best signing i've made has been pognejek the others have been players for mostly under a million

i'm sitting in 6th place, a great first season i was using wing cutters tactic set but i started to conceded a few goals and lose games i really should be winning so i decided to have a change

i wasn't expecting this though great first game i mean i wouldn't have been so impressed if i was lucky with the win but i litrally hamered them from the start they had 7 shots 1 on target i had 9 8 on target 4 CCC's

gtreat start hopefully i can keep it going i used the control tactic btw

second game against newcastle who are 4th and have had a great season untill the came to the riverside they got whooped 6-2 by my middlesbrough team

this is an awesome tactic like said before i haven't even bought anyone great really just well thought out signing's a striker who playing great for me is Ariza Makukula who i bought from benfica for £120k he scored 4 in this match and got both goals against man utd in the previous one

great work pointon

DMC; Tackling, Passsing, Creativity, Strength. On the home tactic this guy will be your playmaker he also needs good passing and creativity as he will create alot of goals.

pointon, do you usually drag your dmc in the playmaker box?

I've been playing with the home tactic without dragging anyone to the playmaker box, and the team still plays great !!!

pointon, do you usually drag your dmc in the playmaker box?

I've been playing with the home tactic without dragging anyone to the playmaker box, and the team still plays great !!!

The two players who i play in the DMC position through rotation are both put into the playmaker box, so which ever of the two players i play there will automatically become the playmaker for the team. However i haven't tried the tactic without the playmaker and may just do so to see if it makes that much diference.

What i will say is this though, it was my playmaker last year who had the most assists for my team and the most assists in Serie A, i dont know if he would of achieved this without being the playmaker.

This tactic looks like it's going to save my bacon, not just for my current Everton side but for my interest overall in FM09, which was waning.

I'm in season two with Everton, and struggled like crazy - used the Home tactic against Fulham with an instant 4-1 win!

Will leave full feedback when I have tested it more, but it seems a good 'un folks!

-----------------------------------

EVERTON SEASON TWO:

GK

Tim Howard

Carlo Nash

RB

Mickael Chretien

Phil Neville

LB

Razvan Rat

Fernando Vega

CB

Joseph Yobo

Ze Castro

Mirel Radoi

Jack Rodwell

RW

Mikel Arteta

Pascal Feindouno

Steven Pienaar

LW

Diego Buonanotte

Andres D'Allesandro

DM

Rafael Carioca

Marouane Fellaini

CM

Tim Cahill (Fellaini/D'Allesandro etc.)

CF

Eugene Seleznyov

Pavel Pogrebnyak

Dean Ashton

Federico Laurito

James Vaughan

---------------------(The reason for listing the squad is to show it's not exactly a stellar line-up!--------------------

Everton 4 - 1 Fulham

Pogrebnyak 18, 50, 58, 67

Kamara 72

Bullard s/off 64

---------------------------------------------

Everton 2 - 0 Wigan

Arteta 28, Seleznyov 78

Bolton 2 - 2 Everton

Laurito 16, Pogrebnyak 45

Elmander 60, Davies 64

(Should have won this one, battered them but a depleted defense.)

No need to add anymore I think, combined with everyone elses responses, it's clear this is a very, very good tactic! Good job!

who create this tactic can you make another link to download this tactic please ? and whic atrributes are the most important for whole team?

This tactic looks like it's going to save my bacon, not just for my current Everton side but for my interest overall in FM09, which was waning.

I'm in season two with Everton, and struggled like crazy - used the Home tactic against Fulham with an instant 4-1 win!

Will leave full feedback when I have tested it more, but it seems a good 'un folks!

-----------------------------------

EVERTON SEASON TWO:

GK

Tim Howard

Carlo Nash

RB

Mickael Chretien

Phil Neville

LB

Razvan Rat

Fernando Vega

CB

Joseph Yobo

Ze Castro

Mirel Radoi

Jack Rodwell

RW

Mikel Arteta

Pascal Feindouno

Steven Pienaar

LW

Diego Buonanotte

Andres D'Allesandro

DM

Rafael Carioca

Marouane Fellaini

CM

Tim Cahill (Fellaini/D'Allesandro etc.)

CF

Eugene Seleznyov

Pavel Pogrebnyak

Dean Ashton

Federico Laurito

James Vaughan

---------------------(The reason for listing the squad is to show it's not exactly a stellar line-up!--------------------

Everton 4 - 1 Fulham

Pogrebnyak 18, 50, 58, 67

Kamara 72

Bullard s/off 64

Everton 2 - 0 Wigan

Arteta 28, Seleznyov 78

who create this tactic can you make another link to download this tactic please ? and whic atrributes are the most important for whole team?

It's the tactic on the first post on the first page mate - the download links are on the first post at the bottom. You use the "Home" tactic at Home and the "Control" tactic away.

The most important attributes are listed for each position in my opening post, and to be honest your players dont need to be world beaters, i had success with a very average squad and so have many others, but key attributes is two quick strikers as the tactic is set up that way, and to good passing and creative midfield players, these should be your main goal providers, quick wingers are also helpful. I gave a more acurate discription for each position in my opening post though so i advise you to read that.

pointon just a quick update on my blyth save. Played 42, won 23, drawn 14 and lost 5 scored 79 conceded 40. won the league by 6 points. will keep using this tactic thanks man

No problem, glad your having sucess.

A quick update from me last season i finished 2nd in Serie A, with 94pts, i couldn't believe i finished 2nd any other year i'd of won the league by around 10 points i got to the Semi final in the Euro cup, lost in extra time to marseille their keeper had a blinder he kept a clean sheet when i had 8 clear cut chances, i won the Italian cup though. Id bought around 10 new players that season so the team needed time to gel, so i expect to win the title this season now my team is more settled, i'm current half way through the season in 2nd place joint points with the leaders but with a game in hand.

i cant download from the first link - can you make another link to dowlonad pls i will appreciate pls

No problem, glad your having sucess.

A quick update from me last season i finished 2nd in Serie A, with 94pts, i couldn't believe i finished 2nd any other year i'd of won the league by around 10 points i got to the Semi final in the Euro cup, lost in extra time to marseille their keeper had a blinder he kept a clean sheet when i had 8 clear cut chances, i won the Italian cup though. Id bought around 10 new players that season so the team needed time to gel, so i expect to win the title this season now my team is more settled, i'm current half way through the season in 2nd place joint points with the leaders but with a game in hand.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt350/JayHunt1983/Champs.jpg

What a great 2nd season. Champions of England. Used the control Tactic both home and away. Lost to Newcastle in the Quarter-Final of the Uefa Cup which was disappointing. Not sure how i can improve on that. I would be surprised if we could go on and win the Champions league as we do not have a huge amount of available funds. Will keep you posted

I was looking for something different than the basic 4-4-2, so i thought i would give this a go?

It started off fantastically well, with 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, playing with West Ham in the EPL first season. I was'nt completely dominating as i have done with other tactics, but we looked a little more solid all over the pitch and we were getting results, which is the most important thing.

Sadly, i have now gone 6 games without a win(3 draws and 3 losses)

I'm not blaming the tactic, because if anything performances have been getting better and better, its just that as usual with this game, the AI starts to score with each half chance, whilst my strikers have a series of 1 on 1's which they appear to pass back to the opposing GK instead of shooting???

FM09 has now become a complete frustration, which i doubt the next patch will ease very much if at all?

Anyway, i'll carry on for a little while to see if the tide turns as i'm still W 6 D 4 L 4 and let you know if things improve?

Good tactic, poor game.

I was looking for something different than the basic 4-4-2, so i thought i would give this a go?

It started off fantastically well, with 6 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss, playing with West Ham in the EPL first season. I was'nt completely dominating as i have done with other tactics, but we looked a little more solid all over the pitch and we were getting results, which is the most important thing.

Sadly, i have now gone 6 games without a win(3 draws and 3 losses)

I'm not blaming the tactic, because if anything performances have been getting better and better, its just that as usual with this game, the AI starts to score with each half chance, whilst my strikers have a series of 1 on 1's which they appear to pass back to the opposing GK instead of shooting???

FM09 has now become a complete frustration, which i doubt the next patch will ease very much if at all?

Anyway, i'll carry on for a little while to see if the tide turns as i'm still W 6 D 4 L 4 and let you know if things improve?

Good tactic, poor game.

You just got to give it time and stick with it, the tactic will give you good enough results, to allow you time to build your team and get in the right players for each position and you will see progress like all the others. On this forum there's good tactics and bad tactics, i'm 100% convinced this is a tactic which if you stick with you will start to win things, and your patience will be rewarded. Just dont automatically expect instant success with a weaker team. I took over Roma half way through a season when they were near the bottom of the league and guided them to 5th spot, my next full season we finished 2nd and won the italian cup, this season i'll be dissapointed if i dont win the league. As the tactic gives you steady progress as long as you keep improving your squad.

Good luck!

Unfortunately doesnt work with my millwall side. Jimmys 442 works better for. Nothing is exceptionally weaker side. Just seems my players cant adapt this. Tried half a season and they seem to be so lost with these tactics.

Has anyone given this tactic a go at lower league level??

Yes Me. Check the bottom of the first page. I played with Farsley Celtic in the Blue Square North. So far im top of the league.

Hi Pointon, here's an update of my Cardiff game.

First season in the Premier and after having promotion about four of my players were on 4* and Joe Ledley was on 5* the rest were 3*. Had 6m to spend and so was rounding out my squad as best as I could trying to get at least 4* players in every position. I managed that, apart from my GK who is still 3*. Some of my players have 6* potential and one, Nathan Delfouneso has 7* potential and is labelled a wonderkid. Nice!

Anyway, my point is that I think I have a pretty solid squad but certainly room for improvement. It is currently mid-January and I'm selling off all the chaff trying to raise funds to bring in better.

I started off getting 8 points in my first 4 games and was thinking hello, Champions League! Then I had a nightmare run and was thinking hello, Championship! I have managed to level out around 14th-15th though which is okay for me at the moment. I'll be happy to finish there. I have only been battered once or twice and most games are won or lost by the odd goal. You must have been on an unbelievable run to have finished second in your first season.

I had been playing control home and away but it started to give me no chances whatsoever. I read above about you taking time wasting right down and I think I might give that a go. Because my team is not that great I think they probably are getting caught on the ball a fair bit. I'm happy with these tactics though because to be honest I wouldn't expect my team to go in and be challenging the top 6 in the first season. Last season I expected to be fighting for promotion and it got me that. This season I'll be happy to stay up and build for next season. If I can finish maybe around 10th next season I'll be happy. And then perhaps go for the top 6 the year after that. That's all I want from a tactic, one that allows me to steadily build a team, one that I have faith in. And I have faith in yours.

Out of interest, I've noticed on other threads that people have been complaing about tactics being 'cracked' by the AI after about 15 games or so. Has anybody noticed this in regard to this tactic?

I used it all of last season to great effect (racked up 100pts) in the the Championship. This season is my first in the Prem and I'm obviously struggling more but doing ok in about 14th-15th. So it is difficult to compare.

For those of you been using this tactic for a while, what do you think?

Out of interest, I've noticed on other threads that people have been complaing about tactics being 'cracked' by the AI after about 15 games or so. Has anybody noticed this in regard to this tactic?

I used it all of last season to great effect (racked up 100pts) in the the Championship. This season is my first in the Prem and I'm obviously struggling more but doing ok in about 14th-15th. So it is difficult to compare.

For those of you been using this tactic for a while, what do you think?

Into my 3rd season with Everton and going well again. Struggle a bit against best in Europe but apart from that all is good. Lost Charity Shield to united on penalties and unbeaten in first 10 league games.

Ok after struggling to create a good tactic on football manager since FM06 i've finally cracked it. Before i move onto the tactic i have to give massive credit to loversleaper, who's thread a bit further down the page on developing tactics helped me a great deal.

In my current game managing Oldham Athletic i've just finished the 2015/16 season my first in the premier league, having spent around 3 seasons in league 1 and the same in the Championship, using other tactics i found on this forum, some good some bad, but none consistent enough which played the type of football i wanted. I then stumbled across Loversleapers thread and created his tactics as he outlined in his thread, with pretty good success finishing 4th in the Championship and losing out on the play offs's i was predicted to finish 11th so not too bad but could be better.

The next season i decided i'd have a go myself and created 2 tactics a home tactic and a control tactic, alot based around what Loversleaper had outlined in his thread. I had an amazing season and got promoted as champions with 105pts. I used the home tactic at home and the control away, and the tactic played out just as i hoped it would.

Onto the Premiership then, well i was predicted to finish 18th and to be honest my squad in truth is really only a decent championship side, i struggled to bring in any quality signings as no player i was interested in would join my club, i dont like journey men, and my squad average age was just 21, and pretty much the same team that won the championship the season before.

I expected a season of struggle and so did my board, just hoping i fight bravely against relegation, what transpired blew me away i finished the season as runners up, as well as reaching the FA cup final, i did the double over Chelsea and Arsenal as well as beating Man Utd at home 5-0 i dominated possession in all my games usually around 60% and clear cut chances where usually better then the oppositions.

Due to the fact in all my games i was underdog bar 2 or 3 games i used the control tactic home and away and only used my home tactic if i was at home against lower league opposition in the cup.

Now for some screenshots.

Formation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/SeXyFoOtBaLlControltactic.jpg

League table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/FMO9Leaguetable.jpg

Fixtures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/FM09Fixtures.jpg

Beating Man Utd

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/WhoopingManUtd.jpg

Now for the type of player you need to look for:

Goalkeeper; Pretty much your standard keeper.

Full backs; Tackling, dribbling, crossing, Stamina and pace, as these will get forward often and supply crosses but also need to help out the defence.

Centre Backs; Tackling, Marking, Jumping, Concentration, Positioning, Pace (at least above 12 and one even quicker if you can) and Teamwork

DMC; Tackling, Passsing, Creativity, Strength. On the home tactic this guy will be your playmaker he also needs good passing and creativity as he will create alot of goals.

Wingers; Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Stamina and off the ball.

MC; Passing and Creativity, this player links the play as well as creating goals

Strikers; Pace, Off the Ball, Finishing, and composure. The tactic is designed for two pacy forwards who will swap positions, it creates quite a few one on ones, so pace is needed in abundance but the tactic also creates a few crosses so if they are good in the air that would help also.

The link to the tactics

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLL+Home+Oldham6tac/;13045742;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLl+Control+Old6tac/;13045727;/fileinfo.html

Feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

May i ask what kind of reputation did you start your game with? eg International footballer, sunday league?

Hi Pointon, here's an update of my Cardiff game.

First season in the Premier and after having promotion about four of my players were on 4* and Joe Ledley was on 5* the rest were 3*. Had 6m to spend and so was rounding out my squad as best as I could trying to get at least 4* players in every position. I managed that, apart from my GK who is still 3*. Some of my players have 6* potential and one, Nathan Delfouneso has 7* potential and is labelled a wonderkid. Nice!

Anyway, my point is that I think I have a pretty solid squad but certainly room for improvement. It is currently mid-January and I'm selling off all the chaff trying to raise funds to bring in better.

I started off getting 8 points in my first 4 games and was thinking hello, Champions League! Then I had a nightmare run and was thinking hello, Championship! I have managed to level out around 14th-15th though which is okay for me at the moment. I'll be happy to finish there. I have only been battered once or twice and most games are won or lost by the odd goal. You must have been on an unbelievable run to have finished second in your first season.

I had been playing control home and away but it started to give me no chances whatsoever. I read above about you taking time wasting right down and I think I might give that a go. Because my team is not that great I think they probably are getting caught on the ball a fair bit. I'm happy with these tactics though because to be honest I wouldn't expect my team to go in and be challenging the top 6 in the first season. Last season I expected to be fighting for promotion and it got me that. This season I'll be happy to stay up and build for next season. If I can finish maybe around 10th next season I'll be happy. And then perhaps go for the top 6 the year after that. That's all I want from a tactic, one that allows me to steadily build a team, one that I have faith in. And I have faith in yours.

I remember going on a long unbeaten run that season, around 16 games i think, and i never lost more than one in a row. A couple of things i didn't mention in my opening post is i use darkstars training regime which does well for me. Also alot of it is luck on how your fixtures pan out if you get a few tough ones together and lose morale can drop and you get stuck in a rut, that may have helped me. I also had a very settled team in the prem as i struggled to bring in any new signings as i only wanted players that could play right at the top so i was always picking up kids with bags of potential that why my squad average age was only 21. So each player i did have had key attributes in the right area i.e both my DMC and MC had passing and creativity above 16, my full backs all had decent stats in crossing, stamina dribbling, pace and tackling, plus i had two pacy striker swith finishing and pace above 16.

I keep checking up on Oldham as it's the team i support, the season i left midway through they finished 10th, next season they finished 5th and won the league cup this season they are around 13th with only around 8 games to play. Many of the players young players i left them with have been sold on for a massive amount of money, i.e my best striker i had has just gone to Betis for 23 million, and Paul Jewell the current manager is buying old has beens. So it's not looking good for the Latics. Shame really my idea was to leave them in the Prem with bags of money, a decent staduim and good training facilities, which i did for some stupid AI manager to ruin all my hardwork.

Looks alright so far

Real Madrid 1-0 Betis - we totally dominated as always but our players sometimers cant finish, first game though

Real Madrid 2-0 Almeria - confidence performance played mostly reserves

Villareal 0-2 Real Madrid - They were fifth with some good quality away 2-0 could have been more was good without Soldado a Ramos

In March 2012 looks like well win the league, playing Atletico Madrid in Spanish Cup final so Porto next in Champs league

So I was 1-0 down on aggregate after a loss vs Porto now I was relying totally on this tactic, after a few times of using it hopefully this would show what this tactic was made for.

Final Score:

Real Madrid 7

Porto 1

Amazing and after finding out that my centre back was playing striker for the whole second half(he scored) we could have stuffed him and their goal at the end wouldnt have happened, Marquinhos isnt a very good centre half, they were higher in energy than us but it was brilliant really really good, hope it dosen't start to falter.