SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

right i've been using tis tactic to great success as middlesbrough, the problem i've got is

i used two towering strong strikers in my first season but when i read the first post it said you should use 2 fast strikers so, i was at the end of first season and bojan was going on a free transfer not sure why so i signed him and also keirrison as my 2 fast strikers

thing is there not performing

bojan 1 in 10 games

keirrison 4 in 9 games

pogrebnyak 4 in 12

makukula 3 in 3 games

so you can see my stats i was just wondering what striker combinations do people use

right i've been using tis tactic to great success as middlesbrough, the problem i've got is

i used two towering strong strikers in my first season but when i read the first post it said you should use 2 fast strikers so, i was at the end of first season and bojan was going on a free transfer not sure why so i signed him and also keirrison as my 2 fast strikers

bojan 1 in 10 games

keirrison 4 in 9 games

pogrebnyak 4 in 12

makukula 3 in 3 games

so you can see my stats i was just wondering what striker combinations do people use

I'd also like to see other peoples views on this. I play Crouch & Defoe upfront at the moment... mainly because Nugent & Utake aint quite good enough... although they are significantly faster than crouch.

I get a mix of situations - through balls to crouch... but he's not fast enough so I lose the attack - OR - balls to crouch are flicked on to defoe who scores!

Also - what type of player do people use as their MC? I have Appiah there at the moment.

Good results so far - away form isn't very good at the moment, but I've bought in your brazilians (Thiago Silva, Miranda, Carioca, Hermanes) - so it may take a while to gel!

I'd also like to see other peoples views on this. I play Crouch & Defoe upfront at the moment... mainly because Nugent & Utake aint quite good enough... although they are significantly faster than crouch.

I get a mix of situations - through balls to crouch... but he's not fast enough so I lose the attack - OR - balls to crouch are flicked on to defoe who scores!

Also - what type of player do people use as their MC? I have Appiah there at the moment.

Good results so far - away form isn't very good at the moment, but I've bought in your brazilians (Thiago Silva, Miranda, Carioca, Hermanes) - so it may take a while to gel!

With Everton i had big problems in the 1st season with strike partnership (mix of Yakubu, Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe). I picked up Arshavin and he and the Yak really hit it off. Arshavin finished 2nd season with lots of assists and about 12 goals and Yakubu was 3rd highest scorer in the league. (in work so dont have exact stats). So i think creavtive deep lying striker with powerful front man is the way to go on this. Well thats my opinion anyway.

With Everton i had big problems in the 1st season with strike partnership (mix of Yakubu, Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe). I picked up Arshavin and he and the Yak really hit it off. Arshavin finished 2nd season with lots of assists and about 12 goals and Yakubu was 3rd highest scorer in the league. (in work so dont have exact stats). So i think creavtive deep lying striker with powerful front man is the way to go on this. Well thats my opinion anyway.

My MC is cahill. I was using Fellaini until he was sold. Have had few other games and i like the idea of big powerful player with high stamina and strenght. Not sure if this is other peoples idea but thats how i see that postion.

The reason you need two pacy strikers is they are set to swap positions to make them harder to man mark, they have split mentallities, but because they swap positions on occasions you would have crouch as the most attacking striker, so that would be why on occasions he gets through one on one but doesn't have the pace to breach the defence.

A couple of things you could do is remove the swap positions, play crouch as the deeper striker, remove forward runs of him altogether, and give him through balls often. The problem is, is your strikers could become easier to mark out of the game.

I'm in the year 2019 the only player i have in my team who isn't a regen is De Rossi from Roma, he is awesome regardless of if i play him as DMC or MC all my other players are regens. Things to look for in in the DMC is good stamina, passing, tackling, creativity and flair, long shots could be useful too. For the MC you want good all round stats but mainly good passing and creativity.

bojan 1 in 10 games

keirrison 4 in 9 games

pogrebnyak 4 in 12

makukula 3 in 3 games

All my strikers are regens, so i cant give you any names, but when signing a striker i look for pace of 16 or above acceleration of 16 and above, good finishing, composure and off the ball. My main striker a 20 year old call ed Antonio has all these in abundance but he's also got good stats in heading and jumping so he can be deadly from crosses aswell. Last season he scored 36 goals in all competitions and leas the leading scorer in Serie A this season he scored 27 in all competions was 3rd leading scorer in Serie A and was out injured for a prolonged period. My other strikers whom i have two off all get amongs the goals but i tend to rotate these on fitness level and form.

Pointon. I am trying your tactics in a new game with Hibs. It looks really promising. Have beaten Rangers at home, and managed 0-0 at Celtic away. I play with the control tactic, cause my team is bad and I don't have any money to bring in new players.

I have three questions for you:

1. Do you tweak during matches? E.g. alter the defensive line, tempo etc?

2.I concede some goals from crosses, and it seems my full backs are doing a bad job defending them. Is it because of my full backs are average, or have you experienced this?

3. How are you doing with your Roma team in 2019?

I think your tactic has a solid base, and I also think that with all tactics that you have to adjust a little to the team you are playing with, but I personally think you have done a great job here.

Very happy with this tactic.

Pointon. I am trying your tactics in a new game with Hibs. It looks really promising. Have beaten Rangers at home, and managed 0-0 at Celtic away. I play with the control tactic, cause my team is bad and I don't have any money to bring in new players.

I have three questions for you:

1. Do you tweak during matches? E.g. alter the defensive line, tempo etc?

2.I concede some goals from crosses, and it seems my full backs are doing a bad job defending them. Is it because of my full backs are average, or have you experienced this?

3. How are you doing with your Roma team in 2019?

I think your tactic has a solid base, and I also think that with all tactics that you have to adjust a little to the team you are playing with, but I personally think you have done a great job here.

Very happy with this tactic.

I dont normally tweak my tactic during the match, but quite often i'll switch if i i'm getting outplayed, now my squad is strong i use the home tactic in both home and away matches, but if i'm playing away and the opposition is creating to many chances i'll switch to control and usually that does the trick. In the past when my squad wasn't the best and the opposition was all over me i lowered the time wasting, as i set it quite high to allow the attacking players to get into position before unleashing the ball, but if your defensive players arn't comfortable on the ball and the opposition is closing down aggresivily it can lead you to give the ball away in dangerous positions.

I do conceed on occasions from crosses but not enough to alter the tactic, it's beacuse the full backs are on global mentallity which is quite attacking and get forward often, thats why it's important that these positions you have players with good stamina, pace and positioning, as they need to be able to track up and down the flanks. You could lower the mentallity on the full backs, but then you'll be a less attacking threat and the opposition will have more room to apply pressure in other areas. Fixing one thing often breaks another, The tactic will allow you to over achieve with your team until you are able to bring in the right players to dominate the league, so i'd be wary on changing things to drastically.

I just finished a season in where i won the league with 102 points, i won the champions league beating AC Milan in the final 4-0, i had a tough semi though against Man City in which i won 3-2 on aggregate, i got to the semi final of the Italian cup losing 3-1 on aggregate the AC Milan keeper had a blinder in both legs.

Thanks for quick reply. It is nice to know your thoughts about the tactic, and to know that you must not be to impatient. I know my Hibs squad is far from good and that they are doing very well at the moment with this tactic compared to what they should. I am very happy with the results against the old firm I have to say.

Good to know your view about full backs, I think I have to get someone who is better next season.

Again, great work, and also great that you are taking your time to reply.

hi ive just started using your tactic im chuffed with it 9 games 7 wins 2 draws,inc. a 5-1 win i seville.

in the 2 draws ive struggled to break the opp. down do you ever find this?

also do you still have your strikers swapping posistions are they scoring regurlarly?

seriously thanks tho was becoming frustrated until i started using this!

hi ive just started using your tactic im chuffed with it 9 games 7 wins 2 draws,inc. a 5-1 win i seville.

in the 2 draws ive struggled to break the opp. down do you ever find this?

also do you still have your strikers swapping posistions are they scoring regurlarly?

seriously thanks tho was becoming frustrated until i started using this!

Yeah my strikers still swap positions, my main striker Antionio (regen) is absolutly lethal with the tactic then i i have 3 young strikers who all have great potential who i rotate with each other for the other striker spot, making sure they all get games to realise their potential, they arn't as prolific as Antonio but they have a decent record for a strikers.

Occasionally i do last season i won the league 33 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats, a couple of my draws were against much weaker opposition away from home, they sat deep and both games ended 1-1, i could of probably changed things but i was that comfortable in the league i just kept it as it was in the hope i'd eventually get a chance to win the game. If it was a cup game or a game i had to win i'd just go all out attack and reduce time wasting completly, whether that would work or not i'm not sure as i've not been in the situation in a game in where i had to win but wasn't creating chances so to speak.

Thanks for quick reply. It is nice to know your thoughts about the tactic, and to know that you must not be to impatient. I know my Hibs squad is far from good and that they are doing very well at the moment with this tactic compared to what they should. I am very happy with the results against the old firm I have to say.

Good to know your view about full backs, I think I have to get someone who is better next season.

Again, great work, and also great that you are taking your time to reply.

I've been using this tactic for some time as well with great success. But i do tweak / alter little things during a game to get the best out of it.

If you want you flanks more solid you can try setting zonal marking to man mark on your wingers. It's a known trick to make things more solid on the flanks. Having good CD headers helps a lot too ofcourse.

I'm playing Go Ahead Eagles, in 2013 with a promising team. Media prediction this year is 9th, after finishing 4th last year, and i'm on third place atm competing for the title.

Some tweaking experiences:

Most of the time i start out with control. If the odds say i'm the better side (or when i just know i'm better) and don't make any impact i either lower Timewasting, or switch to home version.

There are mostly 2 things i change: Passing speed & Time Wasting. These 2 are connected and can influence the game with great effect.

If you have a lot of possession but no chances, try lowering time wasting first. If that doesn't help you can try and increase passing speed, but be carefull, because it might result in loss of possession because the players can't keep up with the pace.

If you get chances, but no goals and you have possession. Try lowering passing speed to create more clear chances, if that doesn't seem to make much of an impact lower Timewasting as well.

Occassionally i change the width as well if i see / feel it's needed. Like when they come through the centre every time, make your formation more narrow. If the go over the flanks it tends to work to make it a little wider. But be carefull for the occassional through ball which can be more dangerous the wider you play. Also Creative freedom i a helpfull tool occassionally to create more chances by increasing it, or make it more rock solid by lowering it. Also depends on your players obviously. If they are not creative you might be better off lowering it anyway.

Sometimes i notice my defenders are passing around in defense and notice they get pressured a lot which results in soms dangerous ball loss in defense, which can be devastating. Try loweing timewasting if you notice this, they will bring the ball forward faster.

For the home version i sometimes lower direct passing to get a little more controll or play aroung with time wasting / passing speed as well. It's all based on what i see on the pitch.

But don't start tweaking right away. The base is good but might some little changes to get the best out of it for your side. Just really look at your side strengths/weaknesses and tweak to get the most out of them, or to make use of the opponents weaknesses. I even had success in a game against a stronger side. I started standard control, then saw they played very wide. So i set width to mixed and set team instructions to play throug the middle and i beat the with 4 - 0, because that was their weak spot - killing them with through balls.

I've noticed that lowering the home version's passing speed to slow works very well too. You'll get some slow direct probing kind of play which can have a excellent effect on chances and also have more possession.

Just think like this (generally):

Lower passing speed + Lower Time wasting = more possession and clear cut chances

Lower passing speed + increase time wasting = more possession, less chances (control)

Increase passing speed + Lower time wasting = Loads of chances, less possession (chances are more rushed but a good way to force something)

Increase passing speed + Increase time wasting = More chances, more possession

BUT! There are 2 sides. Cons:

Increasing passing speed: If you're players can't keep up the pace you'll lose a lot of possession, so you rather concede goals then make them. Also it will tire out your players more.

Increasing Timewasting: If too much to quick in the game, it can end up in passing errors in defense, which can be deadly

Lowering passing speed: If CD too much by the opponent you'll lose a lot of possession as well.

Lowering Timewasting: Can result in ball loss as well and therefor possession, but it's the savest way to create more pressure on the opponent. Also it will tire out your players more.

Yeah my strikers still swap positions, my main striker Antionio (regen) is absolutly lethal with the tactic then i i have 3 young strikers who all have great potential who i rotate with each other for the other striker spot, making sure they all get games to realise their potential, they arn't as prolific as Antonio but they have a decent record for a strikers.

Occasionally i do last season i won the league 33 wins 3 draws and 2 defeats, a couple of my draws were against much weaker opposition away from home, they sat deep and both games ended 1-1, i could of probably changed things but i was that comfortable in the league i just kept it as it was in the hope i'd eventually get a chance to win the game. If it was a cup game or a game i had to win i'd just go all out attack and reduce time wasting completly, whether that would work or not i'm not sure as i've not been in the situation in a game in where i had to win but wasn't creating chances so to speak.

so which side do you play your more prolific striker?

my strikers are balotelli,torres,aguero and marquinhos. Balotelli has been scoring from the right hand side.

should i play the quicker striker on the left/right?

a lot of questions i know!

I've been using this tactic for some time as well with great success. But i do tweak / alter little things during a game to get the best out of it.

If you want you flanks more solid you can try setting zonal marking to man mark on your wingers. It's a known trick to make things more solid on the flanks. Having good CD headers helps a lot too ofcourse.

I'm playing Go Ahead Eagles, in 2013 with a promising team. Media prediction this year is 9th, after finishing 4th last year, and i'm on third place atm competing for the title.

Some tweaking experiences:

Most of the time i start out with control. If the odds say i'm the better side (or when i just know i'm better) and don't make any impact i either lower Timewasting, or switch to home version.

There are mostly 2 things i change: Passing speed & Time Wasting. These 2 are connected and can influence the game with great effect.

If you have a lot of possession but no chances, try lowering time wasting first. If that doesn't help you can try and increase passing speed, but be carefull, because it might result in loss of possession because the players can't keep up with the pace.

If you get chances, but no goals and you have possession. Try lowering passing speed to create more clear chances, if that doesn't seem to make much of an impact lower Timewasting as well.

Occassionally i change the width as well if i see / feel it's needed. Like when they come through the centre every time, make your formation more narrow. If the go over the flanks it tends to work to make it a little wider. But be carefull for the occassional through ball which can be more dangerous the wider you play. Also Creative freedom i a helpfull tool occassionally to create more chances by increasing it, or make it more rock solid by lowering it. Also depends on your players obviously. If they are not creative you might be better off lowering it anyway.

Sometimes i notice my defenders are passing around in defense and notice they get pressured a lot which results in soms dangerous ball loss in defense, which can be devastating. Try loweing timewasting if you notice this, they will bring the ball forward faster.

For the home version i sometimes lower direct passing to get a little more controll or play aroung with time wasting / passing speed as well. It's all based on what i see on the pitch.

But don't start tweaking right away. The base is good but might some little changes to get the best out of it for your side. Just really look at your side strengths/weaknesses and tweak to get the most out of them, or to make use of the opponents weaknesses. I even had success in a game against a stronger side. I started standard control, then saw they played very wide. So i set width to mixed and set team instructions to play throug the middle and i beat the with 4 - 0, because that was their weak spot - killing them with through balls.

I've noticed that lowering the home version's passing speed to slow works very well too. You'll get some slow direct probing kind of play which can have a excellent effect on chances and also have more possession.

Just think like this (generally):

Lower passing speed + Lower Time wasting = more possession and clear cut chances

Lower passing speed + increase time wasting = more possession, less chances (control)

Increase passing speed + Lower time wasting = Loads of chances, less possession (chances are more rushed but a good way to force something)

Increase passing speed + Increase time wasting = More chances, more possession

BUT! There are 2 sides. Cons:

Increasing passing speed: If you're players can't keep up the pace you'll lose a lot of possession, so you rather concede goals then make them. Also it will tire out your players more.

Increasing Timewasting: If too much to quick in the game, it can end up in passing errors in defense, which can be deadly

Lowering passing speed: If CD too much by the opponent you'll lose a lot of possession as well.

Lowering Timewasting: Can result in ball loss as well and therefor possession, but it's the savest way to create more pressure on the opponent. Also it will tire out your players more.

Very informative. Thanks. Will keep this in mind. I think you definitely can compere Hibs with Go Ahead Eagles (Always liked that name by the way :)), and it is good to hear that this tactics work with teams that are not at the highest level.

I think in this game you have to be realistic and try to improve season by season, not expect to walk the league with a team like Hibs the first season. It is also good to have a solid tactic as a base, and then work from that.

Good luck with GAE

so which side do you play your more prolific striker?

my strikers are balotelli,torres,aguero and marquinhos. Balotelli has been scoring from the right hand side.

should i play the quicker striker on the left/right?

a lot of questions i know!

Antonio usually starts out on the right hand side, but as all my strikers are similar in stats i dont realy mind where i put them but Antonio scores if i put him on the left or the right Antonio scores all feckin night lol.

Have to say this is a top class tactic been in the Premiership with Coventry for a fair few years now my best finish was 3rd place used your Home tactic for 1 season and smashed the league on for 100 points with a few games left and also in champions league semi's. I have a very good squad most of them now regens but just couldn't win the league but thanks to your tactic finally got there Thank You.

Guest lulubandulu

Hi Pointon.

Great tactic! I started using it mid season 09/10. After 10 games I've won 6, 2 draws and 2 defeats, 23 goals scored and 13 against. This with my very mediocre Swansea side in the Championship - and including 2 games against Chelsea in the FA Cup. My defence is obviosly not the best, but my fowards are scoring a lot of goals, and it's a joy watching the games. I also like the fact that my central offensive minded midfielder is getting quite good ratings, something which have been rare for me since 9.02.

Hi Pointon.

Great tactic! I started using it mid season 09/10. After 10 games I've won 6, 2 draws and 2 defeats, 23 goals scored and 13 against. This with my very mediocre Swansea side in the Championship - and including 2 games against Chelsea in the FA Cup. My defence is obviosly not the best, but my fowards are scoring a lot of goals, and it's a joy watching the games. I also like the fact that my central offensive minded midfielder is getting quite good ratings, something which have been rare for me since 9.02.

did your forwards start scoring straight away?

im winning but cant get them scoring regurlarly.

Guest lulubandulu
did your forwards start scoring straight away?

im winning but cant get them scoring regurlarly.

Yes, from the first match. The FA Cup replay vs Chelsea at the Bridge (lost 2-0) is actually the only match they have failed to score. In fact my fowards have scored 21 of the 23 goals, with the last 2 coming from my DC from corners.

can somoene send me the link of this tactic please/

Yes, from the first match. The FA Cup replay vs Chelsea at the Bridge (lost 2-0) is actually the only match they have failed to score. In fact my fowards have scored 21 of the 23 goals, with the last 2 coming from my DC from corners.

Just started a new save with Bolton and so far i absolutely love this tactic, 10 games and I'm still undefeated (9 won and 1 draw) and defeated Arsenal away 3-1 and Liverpool away 1-0. My strikers Elmander and Pogrebnyak have been amazing with 10 goals each in the league. I'll post an update at the end of the season to see how it went.

Keep up the good work. :)

Well I just have to say this is an AMAZING tactic. THE BEST in any internet foruns, and by far. Congratulations Pointon, You have created the closest thing to a Diablo tactic I've seen recently in FM09 and FM08!

Still playing with very weak Covilha in the Portuguese League, doing great, with a 4th place (only bellow the Big Guns), and surprising in the Uefa Cup, reaching the group stage by eliminating strong Bordeaux, and in now top of the group defeating Ajax home and away, and Panathinaikos at home, with really weak players!

Once again TOP WORK (Haven't really tested your home version, as I go CONTROL all the way with temendous success, so why change it!!??!!)

After finishing 3rd and losing in the play offs in my 1st season as Huddersfield Town, I thought I would run away with the league this season. However, the tactics I have been using became very inconsistent and I was hovering around 6th-10th up until Jan.

I have just started using this tactic and my first 5 results have been promising.

1-1 Southend (top of league, lost 2, thrashed me 6-0 earlier in season)

2-1 Scunthorpe

0-0 Shrewsbury

2-0 Bournemouth

2-0 Cheltenham

I am finally getting goals from strikers week in week out and my team looks pretty solid throughout with this tactic.

Well I just have to say this is an AMAZING tactic. THE BEST in any internet foruns, and by far. Congratulations Pointon, You have created the closest thing to a Diablo tactic I've seen recently in FM09 and FM08!

Still playing with very weak Covilha in the Portuguese League, doing great, with a 4th place (only bellow the Big Guns), and surprising in the Uefa Cup, reaching the group stage by eliminating strong Bordeaux, and in now top of the group defeating Ajax home and away, and Panathinaikos at home, with really weak players!

Once again TOP WORK (Haven't really tested your home version, as I go CONTROL all the way with temendous success, so why change it!!??!!)

Wow thats high praise indeed, i'm happy your having success, both tactics are very good at the moment i'm tending to use just the home now my squad is imo the strongest in the league but i do revert to control against the other big guns in the division. If you get to the point in where your favourites in the majority of your games and your confident your squad is superior to the opposition you should give the home tactic a whirl and see how you get on.

Good luck.

So, after a inconsistent start to my 2nd season I decided to use this tactic which had some very pleasing results and my form improved. I was unbeaten at home all season and only drew 5 games, I won them all from using this tactic. My away form however, was awful i only managed 6 wins away all season, all with this tactic though. I eventually squeezed my self into the second automatic spot and got promotion to the championship.

Hopefully this tactic will help me survive on a shoestring budget, awesome tactic. Cheers!

i like it, but for some reason, whenever i use it, mid way through the game, for swome reason my stricker keeps swapping position with the defensive midfielder.

also the control doesnt work too well for me, but the home isnt that bad, had some decent results considering its my 1st season in premiership with brighton after back to back promotions.

just the striker/DMC problem which is annoying, cos if i forget, it makes me lose the game.

i like it, but for some reason, whenever i use it, mid way through the game, for swome reason my stricker keeps swapping position with the defensive midfielder.

also the control doesnt work too well for me, but the home isnt that bad, had some decent results considering its my 1st season in premiership with brighton after back to back promotions.

just the striker/DMC problem which is annoying, cos if i forget, it makes me lose the game.

Thats weird coz i dont have any problems with the strikers swapping positions with the DMC, and no one else has mentioned it, i suggest you remove the swapping of positions completly from your strikers and also check to see if your dmc has swap position set, and if he has remove it, then re-apply it to your strikers only.

I will try with OGC NIce in France.

No money.

No Real Stars.

So I need a steady tactic.

Pre this tactic

Season 1 - 9th, Season 2 - 10th, Season 3 - 7 games to go 14th but safe from relegation.

Will start now and keep you posted!!

Cheeers

Quick Update:

Finished season in 8th!

4th season - record is WDL 6-5-1 in league so happy with this.

Still no stars managed to bag a couple of frees and some young regens but the tactic is solid and i hope it will help me to move into europe and increase my cashflow to buy better players.

New stadium at the end of season 5 so come on.....

cheers mate

Just wanted to say thanx Pointon, not really played FM09 as I couldnt find a tactic that worked for me. This has brought the fun back to the game. Used it from Christmas in my 2nd Season, Finished 4th as Everton and FA Cup and League Cup Finals.

PS My wife officially hates you!! ;o))

I am a Villa fan and have been finding fm09 tough.... But switched to these tatics and things are improving........ Does anyone know of some good training routines which will help also...... I play J. milner and A. Young on the wings G.Barry as MC and either Petrov or Coker as DM... Any advice would be great,,,,, Thanks All :-)

No doubt about it, great tactic, very consistent.

1st season with Newcastle(had takeover, but not the rich fella) came 3rd and won the FA Cup

2nd season

geordieeplwinnersvj7.jpg

w640.png

Notice the goals conceded, this was with Enrique, Faubert, Taylor and Collocini in the back four.

3rd season and already beaten Arsenal 4-0 and Pompey 7-0, although games like below are likely to happen more often, now that teams have'nt a chance of outplaying me.

geordieseason3villalossob8.jpg

w640.png

using this with 9.1 and Bristol City in the Championship. Things going pretty well with a below average squad we are 2nd after 20 games (5 points off the top) overall good solid tactics. On occasion though my front two both put in very bad performances (rating under 6) although that said on occasion they have also rated over 8 also. It's actually making me reconsider my dislike of the new game!!!

Thanks!

Not working for my Woking team in the blue square premier unfortunately. Doesn't seem to matter if I play control or home we can't get a win. We don't get may chances, and when we do my strikers are so crap they can't even hit the target.

I think most of the problem is that my players are utter toilet and most of them are always injured. Saying that we can't even seem to perform against part time teams in the cups.

Not working for my Woking team in the blue square premier unfortunately. Doesn't seem to matter if I play control or home we can't get a win. We don't get may chances, and when we do my strikers are so crap they can't even hit the target.

I think most of the problem is that my players are utter toilet and most of them are always injured. Saying that we can't even seem to perform against part time teams in the cups.

Milton, maybe don't take the tactic for granted. It's a solid tactic, which can be improved with some tweaking.

Maybe start with the strikers. Do they have dribbling attributes? Are they fast? Because those are pretty important with this tactic.

You might want to try setting both dribbling to mixed, or one on rarely even, and stop swapping positions. Then set one as a more STd the other as STa (mentality, because i think mixed runs workst best in this one, just a little trick i've experience, if your midfielders have mixed runs it seems to work better if your ST have it too).

Not sure if it'll work, but at least the rest of your formation is solid and might improve your ST ratings / performances to make it a suitable tactic for your players.

Milton, maybe don't take the tactic for granted. It's a solid tactic, which can be improved with some tweaking.

Maybe start with the strikers. Do they have dribbling attributes? Are they fast? Because those are pretty important with this tactic.

You might want to try setting both dribbling to mixed, or one on rarely even, and stop swapping positions. Then set one as a more STd the other as STa (mentality, because i think mixed runs workst best in this one, just a little trick i've experience, if your midfielders have mixed runs it seems to work better if your ST have it too).

Not sure if it'll work, but at least the rest of your formation is solid and might improve your ST ratings / performances to make it a suitable tactic for your players.

Cheers, I have tried some of those changes, plus I have had 4 players come back from injury and we have won 2 of the last 3 games. Hopefully things are turning around rather than just being a bright spell.