SeXy FoOtBaLl 4-4-2 tactic amazing results.

Ok after struggling to create a good tactic on football manager since FM06 i've finally cracked it. Before i move onto the tactic i have to give massive credit to loversleaper, who's thread a bit further down the page on developing tactics helped me a great deal.

In my current game managing Oldham Athletic i've just finished the 2015/16 season my first in the premier league, having spent around 3 seasons in league 1 and the same in the Championship, using other tactics i found on this forum, some good some bad, but none consistent enough which played the type of football i wanted. I then stumbled across Loversleapers thread and created his tactics as he outlined in his thread, with pretty good success finishing 4th in the Championship and losing out on the play offs's i was predicted to finish 11th so not too bad but could be better.

The next season i decided i'd have a go myself and created 2 tactics a home tactic and a control tactic, alot based around what Loversleaper had outlined in his thread. I had an amazing season and got promoted as champions with 105pts. I used the home tactic at home and the control away, and the tactic played out just as i hoped it would.

Onto the Premiership then, well i was predicted to finish 18th and to be honest my squad in truth is really only a decent championship side, i struggled to bring in any quality signings as no player i was interested in would join my club, i dont like journey men, and my squad average age was just 21, and pretty much the same team that won the championship the season before.

I expected a season of struggle and so did my board, just hoping i fight bravely against relegation, what transpired blew me away i finished the season as runners up, as well as reaching the FA cup final, i did the double over Chelsea and Arsenal as well as beating Man Utd at home 5-0 i dominated possession in all my games usually around 60% and clear cut chances where usually better then the oppositions.

Due to the fact in all my games i was underdog bar 2 or 3 games i used the control tactic home and away and only used my home tactic if i was at home against lower league opposition in the cup.

Now for some screenshots.

Formation

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/SeXyFoOtBaLlControltactic.jpg

League table

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/FMO9Leaguetable.jpg

Fixtures

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/FM09Fixtures.jpg

Beating Man Utd

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/slider1/WhoopingManUtd.jpg

Now for the type of player you need to look for:

Goalkeeper; Pretty much your standard keeper.

Full backs; Tackling, dribbling, crossing, Stamina and pace, as these will get forward often and supply crosses but also need to help out the defence.

Centre Backs; Tackling, Marking, Jumping, Concentration, Positioning, Pace (at least above 12 and one even quicker if you can) and Teamwork

DMC; Tackling, Passsing, Creativity, Strength. On the home tactic this guy will be your playmaker he also needs good passing and creativity as he will create alot of goals.

Wingers; Pace, Dribbling, Crossing, Stamina and off the ball.

MC; Passing and Creativity, this player links the play as well as creating goals

Strikers; Pace, Off the Ball, Finishing, and composure. The tactic is designed for two pacy forwards who will swap positions, it creates quite a few one on ones, so pace is needed in abundance but the tactic also creates a few crosses so if they are good in the air that would help also.

The link to the tactics

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLL+Home+Oldham6tac/;13045742;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLl+Control+Old6tac/;13045727;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLL+Home+V2+Man9tac/;13439501;/fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/SeXy+FoOtBaLl+Control+V2+9tac/;13439500;/fileinfo.html

Version 2 of the tactics are for patch 9.3 of the match engine, if your running any other patch your best of downloading the original tactics.

Feedback would be welcome.

Thanks.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

how are your strikers getting on in this. are the goals spread evenly or are they hit and miss like most 4-4-2 tactics.

i am interested to know as i have 4 quality strikers in my side and can not get any of them to score above 20 goals a season and would love to get a 4-4-2 formation working where the strikers can get 25-30 goals a season each.

Do you use the control tactic only at away games or also when you play at home?

When i won promotion from the championship, i used the Home tactic at home and i used the control away. But because when i was underdogs in every game in the Premiership apart from 2 or 3 i used the control tactic home and away.

If you are one of the strongest teams in the league i would use the Home tactic at home and control away unless you play one of the other big teams at home then i would use control.

Just downloaded the Tactics. About to start a game with Farsley Celtic in the Blue Square North League (Thought id give myself a challenge, always play top clubs) Anyway... i'll need all the help i can get starting that low, so heres hoping these tactics work.

Ill drop you a line when i get to say... Christmas in the first season.

ps what size of park do you normally use?

Hi,

how are your strikers getting on in this. are the goals spread evenly or are they hit and miss like most 4-4-2 tactics.

i am interested to know as i have 4 quality strikers in my side and can not get any of them to score above 20 goals a season and would love to get a 4-4-2 formation working where the strikers can get 25-30 goals a season each.

In the championship my strikers both scored over 20 goals each, but in the Premiership because my stikers are not that good i had 1 striker score 22 goals and the other stikers chipped in with around 10 each, io have 4 strikers though who are roughly the same ability so i rotate my strikers to which ones are in form.

Just downloaded the Tactics. About to start a game with Farsley Celtic in the Blue Square North League (Thought id give myself a challenge, always play top clubs) Anyway... i'll need all the help i can get starting that low, so heres hoping these tactics work.

Ill drop you a line when i get to say... Christmas in the first season.

ps what size of park do you normally use?

I use the widest possible which isn't that big cant remember the dimensions but Oldham dont have the biggest of stadiums.

what sort of ratings do your midfield get. do they chip in with a few goals each (especially the wingers).

My wingers chip in with a few goals, and get good ratings, my DMC gets 1 or 2 but if you have a player with good long shots he'll probably get some more, my centre mid can gets pretty good ratings and agains scores the odd one, initially when i created the tactic i made it a diamond but the AMC rating was really bad, in which i read it was a bug so i dropped him back into the Centre mid spot and his ratings improved.

Seems decent enough but you concede much by the looks of it.

Yeah i do but thats down to my poor quality squad imo, out of my entire team i only had 2 full internationals last season 1 played for Belgium and one for Senegal, and my squad average age was 21. I was surprised when i won promotion from the championship so easily, so with the same group of players to finish 2nd in the prem was outstanding and once i get some better players in i expect the defence to improve.

When i won promotion from the championship, i used the Home tactic at home and i used the control away. But because when i was underdogs in every game in the Premiership apart from 2 or 3 i used the control tactic home and away.

If you are one of the strongest teams in the league i would use the Home tactic at home and control away unless you play one of the other big teams at home then i would use control.

I wouldn`t say that I have the strongest team. I use Ajax in 9.1 and I`m trying to beat the big teams in the Champions League like Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Inter.

I wouldn`t say that I have the strongest team. I use Ajax in 9.1 and I`m trying to beat the big teams in the Champions League like Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Inter.

Unless you are comfortable favourites at home i would use control, and always use control away. If at any time after 30 mins you are getting outplayed then switch to the other, you tend to know if its going right if your ass man says your tackling superbly and your keeping possession you should also have more clear cut chances then the opposition in most games.

I'm getting shafted at the moment due to the flaming Olympics, i've got 7 players out on internationals and a further 4 injured, i've got a youth teamer playing right back my back up player playing left back both my centre backs on international duty, no left wingers, and only one of my first choice strikers playing.

My opening fixtures were both away to Newcastle and Arsenal lost em both narrowly 2-1. Just hoping i wont be to far behind the other teams and i can keep morale up until i get my full strength team out.

Seems to be working ok for me. I had a 2 week gap so I set up 2 friendlys and started using this tactic, won those 7-0 and 10-0, then I've won 2 and lost 1 with it in the League.

Playing as Havant and Waterlooville in the Championship, and I don't have any 'outstanding' players at the mo either, so it's working quite well for me...

Downloaded this last night and very good so far. Mainly using the control set up. Started with Everton 9.2 patch. Have not made huge additions to the squad just Stephen Appiah on a free and Emerson from Milan for 650k. 2nd in league after 9 games. 5 wins 3 draws and a defeat. One query I have with the tactic is goalscoring. I am scoring plenty, 17 in 9 games, but top scorers are Yobo and Arteta with 4 each. Yak, Vaughan and Anichebe have 6 beween them. Is it just because they are poor strikers or is it part of the tactical set-up.

Downloaded this last night and very good so far. Mainly using the control set up. Started with Everton 9.2 patch. Have not made huge additions to the squad just Stephen Appiah on a free and Emerson from Milan for 650k. 2nd in league after 9 games. 5 wins 3 draws and a defeat. One query I have with the tactic is goalscoring. I am scoring plenty, 17 in 9 games, but top scorers are Yobo and Arteta with 4 each. Yak, Vaughan and Anichebe have 6 beween them. Is it just because they are poor strikers or is it part of the tactical set-up.

I have started to use this in the last hour and have played 3 friendlys and the charity shield. Using it initially with Man Utd and only used home tactic even though all 3 friendlies were away. Results so far very impressive:

Heerenveen 3-0 win (aguero hat trick)

Sporting Lisbon 5-1 win (aguero x2, rooney x2, Nani)

Benfica 3-1 win (aguero, rooney & ferdinand)

Aston Villa (charity Shield) 3-0 win (aguero, rooney & ronaldo)

Hopefully this will continue as early indications are a good scoring rate from both strikers. found it extremely hard to find a tactic where both strikers play well, get good ratings and score a decent amount of goals.

will post some further results tomorrow as at work now so will be back on tonight testing in the league and champions league.

will also test this with an at madrid game i have. pretty average squad.

To be honest i'm not sure as i'm in the same situation myself, in the championship where my strikers were good for that division they both scored over 20 each, but since i've been in the prem, the best i had was 17 league goals from a striker 22 goals altogether, i've only played 12 games so far into my new season in the prem i'm 2nd, which isn't to bad due to the fact i lost 3 of my first 4 games due to half my team being at the olympics, i guess thats the downside of a very young squad. My strikers aint exactly on fire but i'm getting goals all through the team, i am creating alot of clear cut chances though so i expect better strikers will make the tactic even better.

I'm Cardiff and I was 6th, Barnsley were errr...12th I think. I used control. It was my first game so maybe they need to get used to it.

I beat Coventry 1-0 at home next game, they were 16th.

Just lost 1-2 away at Ipswich who were 2nd. I was one up and going well but got caught twice.

Still hopeful!

Nice, just battered Burnley (19th) 3-0 at home, they only had one shot, off target.

Out of interest, I was wondering what teamtalks people give.

I nearly always say before a game that we can win it.

Then, half time.

0-0 - we can win this.

winning by one goal - encourage

winning by two goals - don't let up performance

winning by three goals - pleased

Losing - expect more

Does this seem about right? I often have trouble holding on to a half time lead.

Now a 3-0 away win! Admittedly against Hull who are rock bottom. But that's a great score.

I have some more questions:-

For Pointon - when you are losing away do you swith to Home? And when looking to defend a lead at home switch to Control?

For anyone - I've been wondering about the level of * rating you had for your players when you went up. My current first team is as follows, I'm in my second season by the way.

GK: 3*

RB: 5*

LB: 4*

CB: 5*

DM: 6*

RM: 5*

LM: 5*

CM: 5*

ST: 5*

ST: 6*

Apart from my obvious weakness at GK I don't think this is a bad side. When you were promoted Pointon what were your star ratings like? In my mind I'm thinking that if my first team is all 5* / 6* then I really should be looking to go up. Would people say that is fair or am I well out of touch?

Just want to say a massive thanks for this tactic i was just about to throw my game in the bin through complete and utter frustration i have tried so many tactics one's i made myself and other from here just to get a little consistancy, Although im not winning every match i did manage to go 18 games unbeaten with wolves, Just hopeful of getting in the play offs now, Once again thanks :D /// Ok maybe not just gone on a 4 match losing streak... Grrrrrrrrrr :@

Now a 3-0 away win! Admittedly against Hull who are rock bottom. But that's a great score.

I have some more questions:-

For Pointon - when you are losing away do you swith to Home? And when looking to defend a lead at home switch to Control?

For anyone - I've been wondering about the level of * rating you had for your players when you went up. My current first team is as follows, I'm in my second season by the way.

GK: 3*

RB: 5*

LB: 4*

DM: 6*

RM: 5*

LM: 5*

CM: 5*

ST: 5*

ST: 6*

Apart from my obvious weakness at GK I don't think this is a bad side. When you were promoted Pointon what were your star ratings like? In my mind I'm thinking that if my first team is all 5* / 6* then I really should be looking to go up. Would people say that is fair or am I well out of touch?

If i go a goal down and i'm using control i tend to leave it as long as i'm playing well, i look at my ass man feedback if he says we're tackling well and keeping the ball well i'm generally happy if i'm at home and its nearing the end of the game and i'm winning by a single gaol i'll usually drop it down to control as this keeps the ball really well.

As for my star ratings i cant remember but i dont take much notice to be honest as even if your a weak team near the top of the league and your players are playing well they suddenly get better and the opposite if you start to struggle.

I've just been given the AS Roma job as they are near the bottom of serie A, the squad is in a right mess though, far to many players many far too old and no decent keeper or wingers, no pacy forwards and no decent full backs, until i get to a transfer window i'm gonna struggle i've had a 3 wins 2 draws and 2 defeats so far, but i know it'll pick up when they get used to the style and i can get the right players in, you just have to give it time.

19 games with Everton. 4th in the league. 10 wins 6 draws 3 defeats. The losses were away to United and Arsenal and Unfortunately at home to Liverpool. Went to Chelsea and won 1-0. Very solid tactic. Goals are spead aroung alot. Top scorer is Yak with 9 in 29 in all competitions. Will keep you posted as season progresses.

Well, I have to say I am well happy with this so far, I have ended up 5th and before I enter the agony of the play-offs I thought I'd tell you how it has gone. What I like about this is the consistency. Many performances with other tactics appeared completely random but here you can see a nice solid way of playing.

Played: 15

Won: 8

Drew: 4

Lost: 3

For: 24

Against: 15

Two of those three were in the first three games. So I am very happy.

Congrats Pointon.

Now for those play-offs...

Well, I have to say I am well happy with this so far, I have ended up 5th and before I enter the agony of the play-offs I thought I'd tell you how it has gone. What I like about this is the consistency. Many performances with other tactics appeared completely random but here you can see a nice solid way of playing.

Played: 15

Won: 8

Drew: 4

Lost: 3

For: 24

Against: 15

Two of those three were in the first three games. So I am very happy.

Congrats Pointon.

Now for those play-offs...

Pleased your having success, let me know how you get on in the play offs.

My results have improved now with Roma 4 straight victories without conceeding a goal, in two of those games away from home against opposition not as good as myself i played the home tactic and it dominated really well so i'll continue, as this is the first time i've managed a team with the tactic that is generally always superior to the opposition.

Tactic still going great mate,only 2 loses i have had is against arsenal just lost 3 0 started of with control down 2 0 after 20min then switched to home,final result 3 0.Any suggestions how to beat the arsenal,best tactic yet mate

I played Arsenal 3 times in a season with Oldham, 2 in the league 1 in the cup, i did the double over them in the league having said that the games could of gone either way, i then played them in the FA cup final and lost 3-1 in another close game, i used control in all the games. They are tough though so understand your problems.

I beat West Ham on pens (1-0 to each in the respective home legs) and then had Palace in the final they took the lead, I equalised but they hit two late ones which I was a bit gutted about but am really looking forward to next season. Gonna get a decent keeper in for starters.

I played the home tactic at Wembley because I was the favourite - maybe I should have gone with control but you never know. Thanks again for the tactics, will let you know how next season goes.

I've just started a new game with Blyth Spartans in Blue Square North. Just in pre season played 4 games won all 4 conceding just 1 goal while scoring 15. okay 2 games were against lower opposition but the other two were against Blue Square Premier teams. Good Tactic man I'll give some more feedback later