Fm21 touch

15 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

So what proportion of people play on a tablet as opposed to a laptop / desktop? I haven't had a tablet for a few years and never really even thought of playing Touch on anything other than my laptop.

After years of break I played FMT 20 on my very old laptop, but this year I will be switching to Ipad just because I have a new one and I think it will be very convenient.

Since I will be very new to this, can anyone tell me what differences should I be expecting? I am already aware of the max. 3 leagues cap but not sure if there is anything else major.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, doc32 said:

After years of break I played FMT 20 on my very old laptop, but this year I will be switching to Ipad just because I have a new one and I think it will be very convenient.

Since I will be very new to this, can anyone tell me what differences should I be expecting? I am already aware of the max. 3 leagues cap but not sure if there is anything else major.

That and no editor are the only differences

12 minutes ago, Dan13L said:

Is it rubbish? Not played full fat FM for years but thought this always looked like a cool feature...

It can be a bit hit and miss but I think you can "game" some of the interaction and not worry about it too much once you start to be successful.

On 25/11/2020 at 20:01, Keyzer Soze said:

Just be patience,

I'm sure news will arrive soon, and it will be great news....

- Editor

- Possibility to use ddt files

- increase the nation limit for android/ios tablets (5 nations at least)

- increase the years limit in the save (50 years)

- Possibility to view full match in android/ios tablets

- squad registration for european cups

- Possibility to have more than one manager per save

Just wait a little bit more.... i can almost taste it! :D

I'd be willing to bet good money none of the things you listed will be included in FMT 21.

55 minutes ago, shirajzl said:

I'd be willing to bet good money none of the things you listed will be included in FMT 21.

I know, I was being a bit... a lot... ironic. 

But these were the new features that I think the majoraty of the FMT fans would like to see in the game. 

In the last couple of years we didn't see any new feature that we can say is something new exclusive to FMT. It's always new features from The full fat version that are also included in FMT. And that fine, but to be honest we need more. The game needs to move forward, the same way we are seeing in the mobile version. 

Yes, FMT is a strip down version of FM, but it still needs his own identity. If SI wants to keep the game and wants to increase the number is users playing FMT (no matter the platform) then they need to take a good look at that list, because it's something that it's being asked for the last 3 or 4 years. 

I think FMT PC/Mac could really go its own way as you have less restrictions than the portable versions of the game. 

At the moment it is a bit of a stripped down FM version but then not going all the way because it is supposed to be the same as the portable ones. 

A "classic" PC/Mac version could have it's very own identity, while FMT could be harmonized for the portable devices. 

30 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

But these were the new features that I think the majoraty of the FMT fans would like to see in the game. 

In the last couple of years we didn't see any new feature that we can say is something new exclusive to FMT. It's always new features from The full fat version that are also included in FMT. And that fine, but to be honest we need more. The game needs to move forward, the same way we are seeing in the mobile version. 

Yes, FMT is a strip down version of FM, but it still needs his own identity. If SI wants to keep the game and wants to increase the number is users playing FMT (no matter the platform) then they need to take a good look at that list, because it's something that it's being asked for the last 3 or 4 years. 

It's probably a chicken and the egg situation similar to ea and FIFA with career mode

They'd love to invest resource into it but there's no tangible business case to do so, all while neglecting it further reduces the chance of that business case ever coming to fruition.

Look at the play store downloads figure, '10,000+'. Let's say that's 12k, at £19.99 that's 239k total revenue for the Android platform. Take away Google's 30% service charge and that's 167k TOTAL revenue for touch on Android. No wonder the game doesn't come out particularly well optimized for Android, yet it is this lack of optimization and compatibility (as well as piracy tbf) that holds FMT back from selling more on Android. From a strategy POV I would be looking at making FMT free for the first 6 months of game time to get more people through the door to see how the game actually runs on their tablets.

I'd imagine it's a somewhat similar situation with iOS and Switch but on slightly larger scales, and I can't imagine the PC version is too profitable as it is essentially a freebie

2 hours ago, Keyzer Soze said:

As long it's rebranded by people that FMT is an easy mode, due to being stripped down in features, I don't see the overall vision of FMT change.

Edited by grade

I can't believe we're still waiting on a compatibility list. I asked Miles on twitter, he said to ask the FM account, but they're ignoring all questions, other than to say that the game is out on the 1st 

The price for xbox was announced as £29.99, that seems steep for tablet version though, so I don't know if it'll be cheaper 

Been looking forward to release day. Holiday booked off work tomorrow, kids at school I'm ready to go big for opening day! Hoping my Samsung tab s5e will run it properly, it's my first year on tablet after my laptop broke. Couldn't justify the money for a new laptop but our "lockdown zoom tablet" (that's how I sold it to the wife lol) should hopefully work like a dream

15 minutes ago, darkangel137 said:

Is the price for FM2021 Touch for IOS & Android £29.99?

It seems incredibly high for a game on a tablet, but it's the only price that has been mentioned. People have asked on twitter, but the questions are being ignored, which is really annoying 

17 minutes ago, darkangel137 said:

Is the price for FM2021 Touch for IOS & Android £29.99?

I would hope not. I’m not sure the development time for the features listed is worth the extra £10 over last years version. If it is released at that price I’ll do what I did with FMT 20, that’s wait for a 25% sale on the App Store 😄 best £12.99 I’ve ever spent 😂

4 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

It seems incredibly high for a game on a tablet, but it's the only price that has been mentioned. People have asked on twitter, but the questions are being ignored, which is really annoying 

When I click on that Tweet, only one price is quoted for Touch for Android/iOS/Xbox. That's way too much for a game for a tablet.

12 minutes ago, shaunwwfc said:

£29.99 would be frankly a little bit of a liberty on tablet. 

If my device is not on the compatibility list (even though it was for inferior devices on 20) and I buy it, to find it doesn't run or isn't optimised - am I entitled to a refund? 

Where is the compatibility list? If the game is being released at midnight the compatibility list should be posted.

18 minutes ago, darkangel137 said:

Where is the compatibility list? If the game is being released at midnight the compatibility list should be posted.

It still isn't available. On the Football manager website, it's saying the list will be available in early December