Fm21 touch

48 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Does anyone know if the transfer window opens on 1st January, or is it a bit later this season? 

If its January, I think I'll wait for the winter update in March before buying, with squads quickly out of date, and the inevitable bugs, I might stick to FMM for a while 

I might as well join you, when FM22 will be release in later part of 2021.

To be honest I'm getting tired, of this whole FMT situation. But also seeing and experimenting the editor, the issues this year and few issues that editor had in last few years, i'm coming to the conclusion, it is not worth it of buying FM or FMT, before March... before last patch. I just hope I'm that strong to resist the temptation of new game. :P

Oh my God, the Editor. If there's a community that is left out to discover everything themlseves, its them. If it wasn't for the wonderfull community in Editors Hideway (common folk that do this for the love of this stuff and eager to help out others), I wouldn't learn to use it or the advanced editor, since is vast maze, you are in it blindfolded. Kudos for those in Editor Hideway.

Edited by grade

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

The thing is, people were being told on Twitter that info about FMT was 'coming very soon' and that was in the first week of November 

They actually originally tweeted on October 16th that FM Touch features would be announced 'soon'.. With the effort they have put into FMM this year, I'm debating whether to just play the mobile version and save myself some money. There's features on there now that aren't even on Touch. 

1 hour ago, CJ_Randell said:

They actually originally tweeted on October 16th that FM Touch features would be announced 'soon'.. With the effort they have put into FMM this year, I'm debating whether to just play the mobile version and save myself some money. There's features on there now that aren't even on Touch. 

What features are exclusive to FMM that aren’t on FMT? 😀

31 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Player and media interaction is far more varied on FMM, and player dynamics and mentoring also have more of an effect 

I have seen the screenshots of FMM 21 having some media/player interaction. Is FMM supposed to be more streamlined like FMT? Just feels that version gets some more features that should be in Touch.

5 hours ago, Joedw said:

I have seen the screenshots of FMM 21 having some media/player interaction. Is FMM supposed to be more streamlined like FMT? Just feels that version gets some more features that should be in Touch.

I think FMM is it's own game, rather than streamlined as FMT is, in regard to the full game 

I'm definitely surprised though, that certain aspects of FMM are clearly better than FMT, there is no comparison. 

Maybe the lack of 3d engine allows them space to add more quality elsewhere in FMM, I'm not sure 

7 hours ago, Joedw said:

What features are exclusive to FMM that aren’t on FMT? 😀

Squad dynamics have been added to FMM this year, they aren't in FMT. 

There are more coaching staff available. 

Media and player interaction is more varied and frequent. 

Given that FMM is on mobile, and FMT is on PC/Console/High End Tablets, its a little bit embarrassing that there are areas where FMM is more in depth. 

I would not want more media /player interaction in FMT. It should stay lean with option to be as realistic as possible in terms of setup, rules (editor) and let the players fly from match to match. 

All these interactions, while great, slow the game down. Then you might as well play full FM. 

2 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

Given that FMM is on mobile, and FMT is on PC/Console/High End Tablets, its a little bit embarrassing that there are areas where FMM is more in depth. 

Since FMT is supposed to be the streamlined (FM Classic) version that would be why there isn't too much depth outside the core of the game. Otherwise it loses that streamlined feel and starts becoming what FM is already.

5 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

Since FMT is supposed to be the streamlined (FM Classic) version that would be why there isn't too much depth outside the core of the game. Otherwise it loses that streamlined feel and starts becoming what FM is already.

Yh I think if you see the match as the jewel in the crown, and don’t have time to dedicate to endless training sessions, FMT is still peerless. It’s interesting to see how FMM develops as mobiles get more powerful. If the match becomes equal to FMT I would choose FMM but the detail differences are still very significant.

1 hour ago, HUNT3R said:

Other than the Match Engine being updated, I can't think of any change in FM Touch for years, it can still have tweaks and new features added and still be a 'streamlined' version of the full game. 

The issue is that there appears to be real focus on FMM and FM to add new features and improve the player experience but Touch is like those versions of Fifa they release for old consoles, 'let's just update the kits and transfers and charge them the same price as we do every year'. 

32 minutes ago, CJ_Randell said:

Other than the Match Engine being updated, I can't think of any change in FM Touch for years

I think that is a bit harsh to say. Any tactical and most UI changes went into FMT from the full FM. Yes, since it is streamlined a lot of the new features like dynamics, team talks, press conferences, training system, scouting, staff additions don't go into FMT. If they would, it would lose its core concept of being streamlined and fast to play. 

But exactly because of that reason, they should highlight what DID go in. Sometimes the changes will go into FMT but somehow under the hood or as a more overall approach. (let's say for example the Chief Scout now does all the extra analysis reports and xG and opponent reports, etc. instead of having the performance and recruitment analyst).

If they update the match engine and give us the analysis tools that's already a big improvement. Maybe more leagues as the Xbox version has while remaining compatible with tablet versions. Maybe some ability to edit in something? Let's see about the UI changes. Usually FMT has a different UI but from the changes to full FM the new layout also makes sense for the touch versions. 

Mobile is for Extremely fast play and touch is basically for a fast but more in-depth play. I don’t think you can compare the two in all honesty. I’m waiting for features as much as you but I’m sure the marketing team know what they are doing. 

Edited by zakbrown96

3 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

I wonder... 

Are we getting any news today? Last Friday before release date. 

Common SI just give us some info. 😊

I'm going to be the Grinch here, it will be one of two. ;) Features announcements on Monday or No features announcements, they will simply will release the game, without any word about it.

6 minutes ago, grade said:

I'm going to be the Grinch here, it will be one of two. ;) Features announcements on Monday or No features announcements, they will simply will release the game, without any word about it.

I don't believe they'll release the game without any announcement. It's not the way SI do things. 

But you're right, they could only announce things on Monday or even Tuesday. 

People have been asking on Twitter, the response was 'coming soon 👍

It's annoying that they think they're building up anticipation, when in reality, people are just fed up waiting 

It wouldn't surprise me, at all, if the game was delayed again, and the line from SI was 'we didn't mention a specific date for release' 

You would assume that SI have sensed the general tone of people waiting is definitely leaning more towards anger and confusion rather than anticipation now at the lack of info. 

Feel bad for the Twitter admin as they can’t exactly jump the gun and release things early but knowing full well just a “coming soon” with an emoji or two will annoy everyone.

Been refreshing what looks like will be the page the info first pops up on (https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2021-touch) every hour or so and still nothing. More worried about my device not being compatible than any feature announcements as bound to be similar to full version with a few things slimed down or not added. 

4 minutes ago, dlj1905 said:

Been refreshing what looks like will be the page the info first pops up on (https://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-2021-touch) every hour or so and still nothing. More worried about my device not being compatible than any feature announcements as bound to be similar to full version with a few things slimed down or not added. 

Same with me, I have a Huawei Mediapad m5 8.4, I downloaded FMT20 and it hasn't been a problem, but people with the same tablet got the 'not available for your device' message, so I'm not sure if my tablet will make this year's list 

The feature set for this years game has been locked in for a while now, I’d assume. So regardless if it’s out Tuesday or delayed again, surely releasing the features would at least appease FMT players who currently, for most, are feeling like they’re getting a game that isn’t a priority for SI. 

Definitely feels like a lack of priority when the game was basically delayed because they added the Xbox version, which meant they couldn’t get everything ready for all the Touch versions for the 24th. Roll on releasing the updates before the new release date and it’s actually the Xbox version that gets details released first.....

its like a punishment for not having the time to play the full fat game, but then wanting more of a challenge than the mobile version. 

26 minutes ago, rnlc1980 said:

Is it me or does this suggest tactical familiarity is coming into play?

Capture.PNG

This is intensity affecting condition not familiarity. 

Other than that as expected but good to know and looking forward. Nice to see all this in there. Can't wait. 

1 minute ago, RTHerringbone said:

I think it's just you if you're referring to the Intensity Bar. There's a separate Familiarity Bar in the full game.

Referring to the multiple tactics (1,2) at the top left? I may be wrong as it's been a couple of months since playing touch, but I thought it only showed one?

That's new but it may just be convenience to save two tactics. I don't see a familiarity bar next to intensity. I also don't see the third "tab" for the tactics screen to rotate player views for the familiarity bars. 

2 minutes ago, tyro said:

That's new but it may just be convenience to save two tactics. I don't see a familiarity bar next to intensity. I also don't see the third "tab" for the tactics screen to rotate player views for the familiarity bars. 

Either way really pleased with the changes - just the addition of shouts & match engine improvements means I'm looking forward to Tuesday!

Just now, tyro said:

I am very happy it looks similar to the full FM from the UI. 

Hopefully not entirely like the full UI in its current state. I like the direction it's going in but it's fair to say that some elements need quite a lot of refinement! I've always found the Touch UI to be very good so hopefully that will continue to be the case.

Me neither. I only play on my laptop as I wouldn't enjoy it as much with max 3 countries and without ability to edit some minor stuff in FMRTE. I imagine most Touch players have it on a tablet for convenience so they can play on their commute etc. It's only my guess though as on the other hand I think there might be quite a few people from older generation that play on PC/laptop and don't post here...

I actually wonder if SI would disclose those proportion figures when asked.

22 minutes ago, RTHerringbone said:

So what proportion of people play on a tablet as opposed to a laptop / desktop? I haven't had a tablet for a few years and never really even thought of playing Touch on anything other than my laptop.

To me its related to "where i have time to play the game", and i Come to the conclusion that is in public transportation on my way to work, and sometimes at night sitting in my couch.

So, in those ocasions its more pratical to use a 10" tablet than a 15" laptop.

6 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

So what proportion of people play on a tablet as opposed to a laptop / desktop? I haven't had a tablet for a few years and never really even thought of playing Touch on anything other than my laptop.

Laptop. Never owned a tablet. The ability to load more than 3 nations is key.

6 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

I’ve got it on my laptop the last few years, but have played way more on my iPad and Switch. It’s just so much easier to get away from the kids for a minute or two in the bathroom or on our porch. Plus at night or in the morning, it’s just easier to use a tablet or Switch compared to a bigger/heavier laptop. 

As some one who plays FMT on PC, I'm more than happy with the new features. It would be very easy for the game to creep increasingly towards the full version, which would then defy the point of the product existing. The ME in the beta was exceptional and I like the additional statistical data that now in the game. However, I can understand why some may be a bit underwhelmed.

I really enjoyed FMT20, particularly because I could load so many more leagues than in the main game whilst still achieving a really fast processing speed. I had a great save with Ajax, who I normally wouldn't have been able to manage as I never load Holland in the full game.

I personally would like the option to add squad registration rules into Touch. However, with the limited regen numbers per team I would imagine that it may not prove that viable in reality.

Overall, very much looking for Tuesday when the game launches.

12 hours ago, RTHerringbone said:

Depending on Tablet, but a tablet is so much fun. Because you can legit take it anywhere and play. Only downside is probably graphics not as strong as a laptop. And processing could take a little longer, based on FMT20 and before 

I also play FMT on a laptop. I played last year's game on my Nintendo Switch but I'm OCD when it comes to FM and I like to have graphics, that the Switch version doesn't let you have, but PC does.

In regards to the new features.. ABOUT TIME! Still feel like us Touch players are not wanted, I didn't see anything about squad dynamics, fingers crossed, that isn't in the game. Pointless feature imo.