FM20: Leeds Utd - On the way up!!!

Davidcc

30 dakika önce, FM1993 said:

Hi all, 

I've posted this in the tactics section also but just wanted some advise from players that have carried out a leeds save. 

As you can see I'm in my first season with Leeds and the results aren't exactly going to plan. 

My defense has been fairly solid however we've only picked up two wins from our league games. 

Just wanted to know if someone could provide me with some advice before the Board get fed up and sack me. 

Transfer window is now shut so not an awful lot I can do but this Leeds side should be good enough for promotion anyway without transfers. 

I did sell Dallas and brought in Josh Harrop as I needed more AM's. 

Cheers 

Leeds Save Results.PNG

Leeds Save.PNG

ı find ıt difficult to play 4231 ı never get good results. ı played a half season ıf u want ı can sent you my tactics

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, dido53 said:

ı find ıt difficult to play 4231 ı never get good results. ı played a half season ıf u want ı can sent you my tactics

yeah I'd Appreciate that thank you. 

On the new update I have created a crazy team by the first winter window! Jan 2020 this is how my line up looks

Average age of starting outfield players=17.8!!

All players were purchased with minimum upfront payment then the remainder spread payments over 3 years

907921400_ScreenShot2020-03-13at15_40_38.thumb.png.1a12b35d04b0a82f5b12054ee23a3f65.png

Edited by Mardy

On 12/03/2020 at 13:39, FM1993 said:

Hi all, 

I've posted this in the tactics section also but just wanted some advise from players that have carried out a leeds save. 

As you can see I'm in my first season with Leeds and the results aren't exactly going to plan. 

My defense has been fairly solid however we've only picked up two wins from our league games. 

Just wanted to know if someone could provide me with some advice before the Board get fed up and sack me. 

Transfer window is now shut so not an awful lot I can do but this Leeds side should be good enough for promotion anyway without transfers. 

I did sell Dallas and brought in Josh Harrop as I needed more AM's. 

Leeds Save.PNG

Hi FM1993,

The player roles of your tactic seem okay to me, although Pablo Hernandez isn't very suited for his current role. It's the team instructions that are probably keeping you down, since they look just like a random collection of instructions. To start, hit early crosses seems suboptimal with a slow, not very physical striker, and I'd personally get rid of all your other 'in possession' instructions too. Out of possession you have a lower line of engagement but you want to prevent short goal kicks, which seems contradictory. Also, using tight marking in a 4-2-3-1 puts you in danger of the the central midfielders getting caught out of position more than you'd like.

I would advise you to just use one of the tactical style presets and see how it goes. Gegenpressing is the one I'd most likely go for with a 4-2-3-1. 

2 hours ago, brad71 said:

Just starting my Leeds save, sold Dallas for £10 million but is there anyway I can avoid Nohan  Kenneh  from leaving?

Decline all offers then offer him a new contract when the transfer window closes :thup:

Bogusz is just as good too! 

14 hours ago, Mardy said:

Decline all offers then offer him a new contract when the transfer window closes :thup:

Bogusz is just as good too! 

But because he is on a youth contract Newcastle have offered him a contract and he wont talk to me beacause of all the interest been shown in him. I have promoted him to the first team in the hope he wont go.

I ended up starting again and again he would not enter into a new contract because of the interest been shown in him so this time Palace offered to take him on trial for 1 week I asked for 2 weeks which they agreed to when trial finished he was now willing to talk to me  so he has now agreed a 3 year contract and I also have an option to extened it for another 3 years.

image.thumb.png.428807e5caf4468ebce4b442d585b6f2.png

Edited by brad71
move picture

On 12/03/2020 at 13:10, dido53 said:

I'd say your team on paper looks good but maybe a few players you could try and pick in on the cheap that could help you out to go alongside the tactics too.

Have you got Nketiah in your squad still ? I played him instead of Bamford in my 1st season and he scored 27 goals in 46 games

Won the Championship at a canter with 105 points. Won 32, Draw 9, Lost 5 and scored 93 goals along the way.

I had Francisco Trincao on a loan deal (20k per month) with a deal in place to buy him for £5 million if i got promoted too and brought in Reece Oxford on loan as CB cover

I played Ayling at RB too as he was a better fit for my team than Berardi

This was my line up for 1st season, didnt bring anyone else into the squad apart from Trincao and Oxford

If you do keep going with Leeds for more season then try and develop Kenneh too as he becomes a beast in 2-3 seasons

image.thumb.png.f1647406309bbfca259ac153ce3beeb5.png

17 dakika önce, da_melonuk said:

I'd say your team on paper looks good but maybe a few players you could try and pick in on the cheap that could help you out to go alongside the tactics too.

Have you got Nketiah in your squad still ? I played him instead of Bamford in my 1st season and he scored 27 goals in 46 games

Won the Championship at a canter with 105 points. Won 32, Draw 9, Lost 5 and scored 93 goals along the way.

I had Francisco Trincao on a loan deal (20k per month) with a deal in place to buy him for £5 million if i got promoted too and brought in Reece Oxford on loan as CB cover

I played Ayling at RB too as he was a better fit for my team than Berardi

This was my line up for 1st season, didnt bring anyone else into the squad apart from Trincao and Oxford

If you do keep going with Leeds for more season then try and develop Kenneh too as he becomes a beast in 2-3 seasons

image.thumb.png.f1647406309bbfca259ac153ce3beeb5.png

unfortunately nketiah is gone dont have hım ın squad.Ayling and douglas are very good really ı play 4141 sometimes ın last mınutes ı change to 4231.I got the news we got golden generatıon comıng ın ıntake but we wıll see

Wow, made a comeback to FM and these forums after years of absence.  But with the corona virus spreading around there is not much work and plenty of free time. I just started my first proper fm20 save with leeds after tinkering with different clubs and leagues. Currently in pre-season I am trying to overhaul the squad getting rid of the high earners and bringing in some fresh faces. Aloiso and Bamford have already gone, with Reece Oxford coming in on loan. I will probably cancel Augustins loan as well and may replace Casilla in goal.

Any advice on a Striker (playing 4-2-3-1) and a goalkeeper, preferably british.

3 hours ago, jaaaws said:

Wow, made a comeback to FM and these forums after years of absence.  But with the corona virus spreading around there is not much work and plenty of free time. I just started my first proper fm20 save with leeds after tinkering with different clubs and leagues. Currently in pre-season I am trying to overhaul the squad getting rid of the high earners and bringing in some fresh faces. Aloiso and Bamford have already gone, with Reece Oxford coming in on loan. I will probably cancel Augustins loan as well and may replace Casilla in goal.

Any advice on a Striker (playing 4-2-3-1) and a goalkeeper, preferably british.

For a striker try Amine Gouiri you can normally get him on loan with an optional fee of around £7m

Started playing last week with the free trial, loving it, not played in years. Coming into Jan of season 3 with Leeds, went up with a record points haul first season, only signing Comesana and Gilmer (loan) in the first window then when clear I signed Watkins in Jan to bed him in for the prem. Managed to get fourth place in prem first season up. No one else seemed to want it so we snuck in with Chelsea losing 4 of their last 5 to gift it to us! Team is currently as follows

Matthew Ryan

J Shack - White - Holding - Panzo

KP

Neto - Eze - Ntcham - Costa

Hee-Chan

Kenneh has gone to Germany on loan, Alfie M broke his leg last season so is on loan at Sheff Utd (Prem). Signed Reyna from Dortmund who is doing wonders off the bench, Bogusz is coming along great too. Big Kev still on the bench but Troy Parrott is joining in Jan so I'll look to move him on!

Cooper is back up still as well but starting to get unhappy. Gotts is my back up RB to try and keep some originals in

Started a new save yesterday and got through two seasons already. 
first season up as champions

and a terrific second season finishing third and losing in extra time in the FA Cup semi final

this is my team at the end of the second season : (Guendouzi is on loan, all others signed permanently)

A8E98B12-6C7B-43AA-B560-67E0AED49ACE.png

First season done and we managed to come up not as champions as I would have liked but just getting promoted was the aim and Brentford was insane most the season. Patrick Bamford was very good but I do think we need another top striker for the PL if anyone has any Recommendations. Costa was also unreal had 16 goals in February but had an bad injury the last months of the season hes going to be vital for us staying up next season. Kalvin Philips and Shackleton were also outstanding and have big Pl clubs after both of them but would cost a massive amount for me to consider selling. we can't  get ben white back because Brighton are asking for too much money Todibo from Barca is the number one replacement if affordable    

2020-03-28.png

2020-03-28 (4).png

2020-03-28 (2).png

6 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

It's only my opinion, our the start of the game (with the new update) it's hard to have a good team to be champion?

Nah not really, I signed one CM and won the league with a record total and only one defeat. We're overpowered I think. Fulham and Blackburn seemed very strong on my save as well and ran me close

Won promotion first season as champions only player I brought in was Curtis Jones (on loan, Liverpool) 

Now in pre-season second season sold Bamford £15M, Forshaw £13M, Cooper £13M and Casillia £7m so far.  In  Scott McKenna £8m, Ben White £21m, Augustin £10m, Harrison £8M and Eliot Matazo £5M 

Have £20M left but need a GK as Illan  Meslier  would not sign also think I will need another ST to replace Bamford. Any suggestions for either are welcome.

20200331111937_1.jpg

22 hours ago, brad71 said:

Won promotion first season as champions only player I brought in was Curtis Jones (on loan, Liverpool) 

Now in pre-season second season sold Bamford £15M, Forshaw £13M, Cooper £13M and Casillia £7m so far.  In  Scott McKenna £8m, Ben White £21m, Augustin £10m, Harrison £8M and Eliot Matazo £5M 

Have £20M left but need a GK as Illan  Meslier  would not sign also think I will need another ST to replace Bamford. Any suggestions for either are welcome.

20200331111937_1.jpg

Amine Gouiri took 6 months to settle then turned into a beast 

Started my last save with the update, trying to sign different players and get a young british squad going.  Have still signed Kana though, obviously :D

Take a look at Panzo, I signed him at the start but as he's on loan he doesn't come until the end of the first season, I still think thats an absolute £5m bargain.  Also allows me to train Kenneh as a CM which I haven't done yet.

I also picked up Reyna on this save, he has English as a nationality, so there's a good chance he'll choose / play full internationals.  Here he is midway through first season.  I'm retraining him as a winger, I like my wide players to be converted central players as they are generally more rounded.

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 08.59.18.png

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 09.01.08.png

1 minute ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Do you also have problems to keep Nohan Kenneh? 

I'm will have to sell it for 1,5M .... because if not he will go on free (for 900k) :(

No, you need to offer him a good contract so he accepts immediately (or at least that works in FM Touch).

10 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Do you also have problems to keep Nohan Kenneh? 

I'm will have to sell it for 1,5M .... because if not he will go on free (for 900k) :(

Play him in pre season friendlys change his squad playing time 

Just finished 4th in prem champions league for me next season 

On 04/04/2020 at 12:38, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

he’s not interested in negotiate a new contract. Since day one. 

it seems in the full game he wont sign because he is wanted by some big clubs, the way I got round it was I sent he out on trial for 2 weeks to Palace and when his trial finished he was ready to talk to me. (know if I got lucky or if there is up to a certain date he wont talk to you I don't know) in a post a bit above I put a picture of him on and he signed his contract with me on the 26th july so I must have offered it to him around the 20th hope this helps you.

Edited by brad71
more

On 04/04/2020 at 16:02, macca72 said:

Reyna on this save, he has English as a nationality

Did he declared for England in your save? Surprisingly he is on mine (end of first season, not sure what the status was beforehand). I thought in real life he will play for USA.

On 05/04/2020 at 13:45, quee said:

Did he declared for England in your save? Surprisingly he is on mine (end of first season, not sure what the status was beforehand). I thought in real life he will play for USA.

He started as USA. When I signed him he switched to English.  I've just checked him now and he has declared for England and has U20 caps.

Hi,

We are in december and have more 10 points from 2nd. Things going very well.

I will need two Central Defenders (prefer for Ball Playing Defender). Will have Cooper, Max Normann Williamsen (very promissing at 16 years) and will need to find two more.

Berardi is fine for Champions, has BPD, but in premiership... And I will need to give him a new contract (expiring at june 2020). What did you guys made with Berardi? Keep or let him leave?

Max.JPG

On 29/03/2020 at 18:21, Mcfc1894 said:

Think Norwich are Drunk

IMG_20200329_232006.jpg

Just started a Leeds save a week ago as well and I had Cincinnatti from MLS offer 17M for Bamford!!!  Not quite as crazy as Norwich.

On 31/03/2020 at 07:09, brad71 said:

20200331111937_1.jpg

you really undersold  bamford there 

On 04/04/2020 at 04:02, macca72 said:

Started my last save with the update, trying to sign different players and get a young british squad going.  Have still signed Kana though, obviously :D

Take a look at Panzo, I signed him at the start but as he's on loan he doesn't come until the end of the first season, I still think thats an absolute £5m bargain.  Also allows me to train Kenneh as a CM which I haven't done yet.

I also picked up Reyna on this save, he has English as a nationality, so there's a good chance he'll choose / play full internationals.  Here he is midway through first season.  I'm retraining him as a winger, I like my wide players to be converted central players as they are generally more rounded.

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 08.59.18.png

Screenshot 2020-04-04 at 09.01.08.png

How much did he cost you Reyna ? 

Hi,

First season is completed, we were champion with 120 points.

We bought Mattias Jokobsen, Max Normann Williamsen and Frederik André Bjorkan in 1st season.

Sold Adam Forshaw (5M €), Mason Rubie (1,7M €) and Berardi (250m €) at the last month of contract.

For the start of next season I already have secure Ilan Meslier (4M €), Toni Borevkovic (5M €), Jack Harrison (9,25M €), Jean-Kévin Augustin (11,5M €) and Chris Mephan (5M € and more 12 M € in future fees). 

Cooper should leave by 15 M €.

Need to find a first option BPD, will try Ben White. Any other suggestion ?

Edited by pedromanuelpinto

15 hours ago, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

We bought Mattias Jokobsen, Max Normann Williamsen and Frederik André Bjorkan in 1st season.

Sold Adam Forshaw (5M €), Mason Rubie (1,7M €) and Berardi (250m €) at the last month of contract.

For the start of next season I already have secure Ilan Meslier (4M €), Toni Borevkovic (5M €), Jack Harrison (9,25M €), Jean-Kévin Augustin (11,5M €) and Chris Mephan (5M € and more 12 M € in future fees). 

Kana, Godfrey are your elite options that I've used, cheaper options - Drongelen (credit @welshace) and training Kenneh from the academy.

On 17/04/2020 at 18:12, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Try Sergi Gomez from Sevilla.. sometimes goes cheap by second season..

also:

Lucas Veríssimo 

Edson alvarez

Adam Webster

Thilo Kehrer

Nikola Katic

Branimir Kalaica

Francisco Ferreira (ferro)

Connor Goldson

Eduard Lowen

Jordan Torunarigha ( my new fave)

On 17/04/2020 at 18:12, pedromanuelpinto said:

Hi,

Mbuyamba

Boubacar Kamara

Pedro Alvaro

Kik Pierie 

All young, potentially top BPDs

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/02/2020 at 22:55, da_melonuk said:

Not posted in a while, get caught up in the game and forget to post.

Story so far -

19/20 Season -

Championship Winners

Won the Championship at a canter with 105 points. Won 32, Draw 9, Lost 5 and scored 93 goals along the way. Nketiah was top scorer with 27 goals.

Transfers In

Reece Oxford - Loan (Cover for CB)
Francisco Trincao - Loan (Share the Left wing role with Harrison)

Transfers Out -

Bouy - £160k
Miazek - £75k
Various u23 players sent out on season long loans for experience

20/21 Season - Finshed 7th in my 1st season back in the big time on 55 points, bit of a wobble at the start but got going in the right direction by the end. Brewster top scorer with 26, followed by Arp on 25

Transfers In -

Trincao - £5m
Lucas Robertone - £5m
Lukas Mai - £130k
Birger Meling - £5.5m
Reece Oxford - £7.75m
Ben White - £17m
Fiete Arp - £10.5m
Rhian Brewster - Loan
Erik Botheim - £700k

Transfers Out -

Cooper - £11m
Bamford - £12m
Forshaw - £8.5m
Berardi - £4.5m
Various u23 players sent out on season long loans for experience

21/22 Season - Finished 5th on 65 points and qualifed for the Euro Cup and made it through the F.A Cup Final against Man Utd

FA Cup Winners after beating Man Utd 4-2

Almada is an absolute steal at £5.75m, he's currently worth £35m, is only 21 years old, has some outstanding stats on the game and has chipped in with 28 goals from 45 games and 10 assists. Him and Arp lead the way with 26 goals each with 2 game remaining.

On another note Nohan Kenneh is classed as a Wonderkid at 19 years old....he's been getting mainly sub apperances this season after going out on loan previously but think next season could be his season to shine in the 1st team, plus got another 2-3 u23's who could be on the verge of stepping up too

Transfers In -

Scott Banks - £1.5m
Domenico Berardi - £15m
Thiago Almada - £5.75m
Sofiane Alakouch - £6.25m
Claud Adjapong - £5.5m
Joanthan Panzo -£6.75m
Nedim Bajrami -£1.7m
Predrag Rajkovic - £2m

Transfer Out -

Erik Botheim - £775k

Edited by da_melonuk

2 hours ago, da_melonuk said:

Not updated for a while and with all this lockdown stuff then been able to get through a few very good seasons,

22/23 season

Euro Cup winners after beating Napoli 2-0

Finished 6th in the league on 70 points, got knocked out of the league cup in the 3rd round and FA Cup in the 5th round
Pinamonti finshed with 32 goals in his debut season, bargin at £10m and Rogers on loan from Man City scored 34 in 36 games

Transfers In

Andrea Pinamonti - £10m
Lewis Cook - £33m
M Rogers - Loan
Raphinha - £17m
Augustin - £10m
Pongracic £15.5m
Barreal - £18.75m

Transfers Out
Arp - £57m
Temenuzhkov - £13.75
Oxford - £12.12m
Bajrami - £6m
Costa - £5m
Alioski - £1.2m
Klich - £1m

23/24 Season

European Super winners after beating Barcelona 3-0

Finished 6th again in the league on 70 points, knocked out of FA Cup in 4th round by Brighton and quarter finals of the league cup
Pinamonti only hit 20 goals all season, but Silva weighed in with 17 and Almeda got 14

Transfers In -
James Justin - £3.1m
Embalo - £10m
Fabio Silva - £50m
Marcus Dewhurst - £28.5m
J Gelhardt - £10.25m

Transfers Out
Berardi - £16m
Adjapong - £12m
Capradossi - £2.3m

24/25 Season

Premier League winners
League Cup winners
Euro Cup winners

Beat Liverpool to the title with 99 points, winning 32, drawing 3 and loosing 3
Beat Man Utd 1-0 in extra time to win the league cup
Beat Man Utd 3-2 to win the Euro Cup

Top Goalscorer was Almada with 27, followed by Silva with 22

Marcus Dewhurst in goal becomes a world class keeper after his 1st season, I only let in 22 goals all season in the league.
Along with Kenneh and Pongracic as my two main defenders, both turn into fantastic players, but its Almada who just keeps
on getting better & better, not bad for a £5.75m bargin, now worth £81m

Transfers In
Tyler Boyd - Free
G Avila - £11m
Katterbach - £13m
E Smith Rowe - £20m
P Neyens - £47.5m

Transfers Out
Raphinha - £21.5m
Barreal - £12.5m
Augustin - £15m
Rajkovic - £10m
Davis (very good davey) - £6m
L Zidane - £4.2m
Shackleton - £4m
Tyler Roberts - £3m

25/26 Season

Premier League winners
League Cup winners
European Super Cup winners
FA Cup winners
Champions League winners

Won the league with a game to spare, finished with 90 points, winning 28, drawing 6, loosing 4
Beat Man City 2-1 after extra time in the league cup final
Beat Arsenal 3-1 in the European Super Cup final
Beat Everton 1-0 in the FA Cup final
Beat Man City 3-0 in the Champions League final

Top Goalscorer is Almada who netted a fantastic 44 goals in 56 games,if you can buy him for ur save then
do so as the guy is immense playing just behind the forwards, followed by Pinamonti with 24 & Trincao with 21

Only two players that you start the game with that are still in the team are White and Philips,
both still contributing to the team, Philips (now 30 years old) went through a dip in appearnces
over the course of the two season 22-23/23-24, but since then he's been my 1st choice alongside Cook
in the midfield and they have built up a nice partnership (lets hope he stays aslong with the club in real life)

Transfers In
Pedrinho - £75m
Barbosa - £4.8m
Heidemann - £6.25m
Pizzo - £4.2m
Konigs - £3m

Transfers Out
McCalmont - £16m
Gelhardt - £17.5m
Isailovic -£8.25m
Tyler Boyd - £9.25m
Meling - £6m
Mai - £1m

Looking forward to 26/27 season, got my eye on a couple of regens players Tal and Cools...both have some insane stats at young ages, will update again soon

I've added screen shots, so new players can see how Almada and Kenneh turn out by May 2026

Almada.jpeg

Cools.jpeg

Tal.jpeg

Kenneh.jpeg

Edited by da_melonuk