dafuge's FM20 challenge

Needham Market FC.PNG

Season Review (Season Two, 2021-22)

Table / Position Graph / Squad / Finances / Transfers / Manager Attributes / Manager Character / Facilities / Annual Injuries / Competitions / Reputation / Club Vision

SUMMARY

Season Two started about as I expected/hoped.  We stayed clear of the playoff battle, but still struggled for any great run of form.  A few inspirational signings changed things, round about Oct/November.  First, at my DoFs reccommendation (after I asked), I signed Harrison Nee, a young striker from Coventry.  Early on, he appeared to be only an average striker, but I kept with him (my other "star", Stevens, leading scorer for my first season, once again started hot, then did....nothing).  Nee rewarded my patience, and was key to a magificent 15-match unbeaten streak in the spring (leading up to our final match -- one with playoff implications).  His run included hat-tricks in two of 3 consecutive matches -- including a "perfect" hat-trick (scoring with left foot, right foot, and head).  Nee ended the season with a team record 18 goals, and his 16 goals in the league was good for 6th on the league leaderboard.  I also added MC Jesurun Rak Sakyi, who became not the great playmaker I had hoped for,  but a great goalscorer from the edge of the box,  finishing the season with 10 goals.  His 6 player-of-the-match awards became a team record.  Another record was set by my veteran M/D(R) Morphew, who tallied 13 assists, mostly from his right mid position.  His ability to get down the line and put in a decent cross was a joy to behold!  Then, the potentially disastrous signing of the season, 30-yo Harrison Dunk.  At 30 (and some days), I pushed the clubs vision of not signing anyone over the age of 30.  The club didn't mind that.  They did mind the £400/wk salary (a team high) I signed him on.  Originally designed to be more of a fullback, he ended up playing most of his time as a left mid.  He repaid the faith I had in him by scoring 10 goals and adding 9 assists.  Late in the season I managed to resign him (instead of important player, he requested a lesser status), at a reduced wage of  £180/wk, mollifying the board somewhat and getting under my wage allowance (if barely).

Rounding out the first team were a handfull of youth from my first academy graduation class.  The two of note, Warren Saberton (14 app, 1 goal/4 assists) and Declan Blanchfield (13 app, 1 goal/1 assists) are both wide midfielders and were among the highest rated youth of the first class.  Their ability was just enough to get some time in throughout the season, allowing a relatively thin midfield (wide) crop of starters a rest from time to time.

So, those were the key players --- how about the season?  I already aluded to an exciting stretch -- and it started with our 2nd match of January (a time we really struggled with in season one).  First, we reeled of 7 consecutive wins, before a crucial game away vs Southport---a team occupying a playoff spot that we were suddenly challenging for.  After a pretty dull first half, Loanee Nee gave us a 51st minute lead and gave us hope that our streak would continue.  Southport goals in the 62 and 72 minute put the issue in doubt, and looked to push us further from the playoff zone.  Midfielder Tommy Best scored what might have been his most important goal of the season (okay, it was his only goal), but his stoppage time scorcher from just inside the box levelled the score and gave us 8 unbeaten (and, pushed us no further away from the playoff zone).  A relatively easy 3-1 victory over relegation threatened Farsley made it 9 in a row unbeaten, before we faced off with another crucial (and perhaps the toughest) match of the season -- away vs 1st place Curzon Ashton.  For this match I went with my patented 4-1DM-3-2 Narrow "park the bus" formation, one that I have been using since FM15 (remember my King's Lynn save w/ 500+ goalscorer Robyn Watson???) ---, and it paid off.  First, we snatch a goal on the counter in the 15th minute (I believe that was new striker Harvey Bradbury --- just signed -- first goal (editor's note --- it was)....and then we held on for dear life!  Curzon got the equalizer just before the half, but, despite outshooting us 19-3, they couldn't break us down again.  Given I had gone into the match just hoping for a point, it was a great result, and it pushed us to 10 unbeaten.  We would continue to go 5 more matches unbeaten (4 wins and a draw),  pushing us to 15 in a row, and leading up to a final game of the season that had massive playoff implications.

Our final match was a home match vs 15th Hereford.  In front of us, Kettering had a 2-point lead and a +6 goal differential on us --- meaning we needed a win AND a Brackley loss to overtake them.  We also had a back door into the playoffs --- ahead of Kettering by one point, but with an inferior goal differential, was Brackley -- so a loss or draw by Brackley, and a win for us, would put us into the last playoff spot based on goal differential.  

It was all in our hands.  Or----so I thought.  To make a long story short -- Brackley ended up losing, so a win would have put us in.  It was not to be.  TWO penalty kicks were awarded (round about the 15th and 51st minutes) to Hereford, and we were whistled for a foul just about every time I touched another player.  Or, kicked the ball, for that matter.  We had no fluidity to our game, and despite trying just about everything, just could not beat the 14 men we were facing.  (well...maybe counting both linesmen is a bit harsh...but, whatever).  Gone was our playoff hopes, gone was our unbeaten streak, gone was our season.

After the match---I checked the ref's rating.  4.6.  Yup.  We just couldn't outplay 14 men.

Well....I'm ready for next season.  Almost.

Promotion / Playoffs

Close, but no cigar!  Seriously, we made a tremendous push for a playoff spot -- going 15 matches w/o a loss in the run-in to the final.  The referee cost us a playoff spot, and no doubt about it.  (Okay, we could have maybe still won, and a win would have given us a spot --- but two PKs awarded to Darlington, and the ref's rating of 4.6 in the match....I'll stick by my guns and say the ref cost us our destiny!

Cup Competitions

We achieved our goal of an FAC4QR, but that's about it, earning a 2-0 win over Mickleover, a replay (0-0) and win (2-1) vs Whitby, and two draws vs (then #1 VNS) Dover (0-0, 2-2), before finally crashing out on penalties.  That at a time we were still solidly mid-table in the VNN.  Maybe next season we'll make the FAC proper.

Oh, yeah.... 2-0 loss to Halesowen in the FAT in the FAT3QR, and we failed to achieve the board's desired objective.  Fortunately......it was just the FAT :P

Additional Details

Team of the Season

Best XI Inductees  Seven players were included in this year's crop -- Loanee Harrison Nee being the cream of the crop w/ 30 appearances, 18 goals, and an AvR of 7.22   Also included were MC Jesurun Rak Sakyi, ML Harrison Dunk, DMC Joe Bateman, MC Sam Wilding, DC James Burford, and MR Declan Blanchfield.

Historical Best XI

Fans Player of the Season  MC Jesurun Rak Sakyi (10 goals, 3 assists, 6 PoM, 7.14AvR) led the voting, garnering 39% of the votes, with 31-y.o. ML Harrison Dunk (9 goals/9 assists) getting 33% of the vote Striker Davison (9 goals/2 assists) rounding out the voting.

Signing of the Season  MC Jesurun Rak Sakyi was selected signing of the season.  He definitely improved the midfield, and a pair of braces in games late in the season helped maintain our 15-match unbeaten run.

Young Player of the Season  Loanee striker Harrison Nee easily set the pace for the team, scoring 18 times during his loan spell (a new team record).  His 16 league goals put him 6th on the league leaderboard.

Goal of the Season -- A goal from out of nowhere, scored by DM Bateman -- who rarely surged forward to be in a scoring position!

Youth Intake Top Graduate

Spoiler

Season 1  Karl Ward, Midfield could slot into the wide spots of my 4-4-2 and 4-1DM-3-2 Wide formations.  Rates to be better (if he reaches his potential) than my current wingers.

Season 2 GK Tommy Black was deemed the best of a very lackluster crop.  This class was so bad I took the rare (early-challenge) step of only signing 5 of the class to a youth contract.

TEAM, INDIVIDUAL, AND LEAGUE RECORDS

A host of records were set or broken this year:  (* denotes ongoing record -- bold indicates record broken this year)

Spoiler

Needham Market -- Team Records

Highest League Position -- 8th in Vanarama North (2021/2) / Previous record -- 15th in Vanarama North (2020/21)

Lowest League Position -- 15th in Vanarama North (2020/21)

Most Points in a Season -- 73 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 57 (2020/21)

Fewest Points in a Season -- 57 (2020/21)

Most League Wins in a Season -- 20 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 15 (2020/21)

Fewest League Wins in a Season -- 15 (2020/21)

Most League Defeats in a Season -- 19 (2020/21)

Fewest League Defeats in a Season -- 13 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 19 (2020/21)

Most League Draws in a Season -- 13 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 12 (2020/21)

Fewest League Draws in a Season -- 12 92020/21)

Most League Goals in a Season -- 73 (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 48 (2020/21)

Fewest League Goals in a Season -- 48 (2020/21)

Highest Attendance -- 884 (vs Bost Utd, VNLN, 6 Mar 2021)

Highest Gate Receipts -- £10.23K (vs Maidon & Tiptree, FAC2QR, 19 Sept 2020)

Average Attendance -- 416 (2020/21)

Lowest Attendance -- 286 (vs Halesowen (H), VNLN, 31 Aug 2021) / Previous Record -- 301 (vs Matlock, VNLN, 17 Apr 2021)

Biggest Win -- 4-0 (vs Scarborough Athletic (H), VNLN, 12 Feb 2022) / Previous Record -- 4-1 (Vs Alfreton (H), VNLN, 5 Dec 2020)

Biggest Defeat -- 1-5 (vs Harrogate (A), VNLN, 26 Dec 2021) / Previous Record -- 2-4 (vs Merthyr (A), VNLN, 20 Oct 2020)

Highest Scoring Match -- 4-5 (vs Brackley (A), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021) / Previous Record -- 4-2 (Vs Tamworth (H), VNLN, 29 Aug 2020)

Highest Scoring League match -- 4-5 (vs Brackley (A), VNLN, 27 Nov 2021) / Previous Record -- 4-2 (Vs Tamworth (H), VNLN, 29 Aug 2020)

Most Matches Won in a Row -- 7 (4 Jan - 19 Feb 2022) / Previous Record -- 3 (19 - 26 Sept 2020)

Most Matches w/o Losing -- 15 (4 Jan - 16 Apr 2022) / Previous Record -- 8 (24 Oct - 5 Dec 2020)

Most Matches Lost in a Row -- 4 (15-25 Aug 2020)

Most Matches w/o Winning -- 5 (20 Sept - 4 Oct 2021) / Previous Record -- 4 (15-25 Aug 2020)

Most Matches w/o Scoring -- 3 ( 13-27 Feb 2021)

Most Matches w/o conceding -- 3 (19-26 Sept 2020)

Needham Market - Individual Records

Most League Goals by a Player -- 38 -- Luke ingram

Most Overall Goals by a player -- 18 -- Harrison Nee (Coventry) (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 13 (Jack Stevens (2020/21)*

Most League Appearances by a player -- 303* (Kieran Morphew) / Previous Record -- 262 (Kieran Morphew)*

Most League Goals by a Player -- 16 (Harrison Nee (Coventry) (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 11 -- Jack Stevens (2020/21)

Highest Average Rating -- 7.23 (Harrison Nee (Coventry) (2021/22) / Previous Record-- 7.11 -- Connor Barret (2020/21)

Youngest Player -- Thomas Quinn -- 16y209d (vs Altrincham (A), VNLN, 24 Apr 2021)

Oldest Player -- Marcus Garnham -- 31y 11d (vs Blyth (H), VNLN, 26 Dec 2020)

Fastest Goal -- Harrison Nee -- 13 s (vs Darlington (A), VNLN, 16 Apr 2022) / Previous Record -- Luke Ingram -- 1m45s (vs Southport (H), VNLN, 16 Jan 2021)

Most goals in a Match -- 3 -- Harrison Nee (3-2 vs Kettering (H), VNLN, 29 Jan 2022) / Previous Record -- 2 -- Jack Stevens (4-2 vs Tamworth (h), VNLN, 28 Aug 2020)

Most goals in a League Match -- 3 -- Harrison Nee (3-2 vs Kettering (H), VNLN, 29 Jan 2022) / Previous Record  --  2 -- Jack Stevens (4-2 vs Tamworth (H), VNLN, 28 Aug 2020)

Most Assists in a Season  -- 13 -- Kieran Morphew (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 6 -- Jack Stevens (2020/21)

Must Shutouts in a season -- 19 -- Ryan Hall (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 14 -- Ryan Hall (2020/21)

Most PoM Awards -- 6 -- Jesurun Rak Sakyi (2021/22) / Previous Record -- 5 -- Jamie Griffiths (2020/21)

Youngest Goalscorer -- Warren Saberton -- 17y 236d (vs Chorley (A), VNLN, 19 Feb 2022) / Previous Record -- Jack Stevens -- 18y44d (vs Farsley (A), VNLN, 8 Aug 2020)

Oldest Goalscorer -- Harrison Dunk -- 30y 307d (vs Chorley (A), VNLN, 19 Feb 2022) / Previous Record -- Jamie Griffiths -- 29y82d (vs Hereford (A), VNLN, 27 Mar 2021)

The Rest of England

Spoiler

Promoted from the Regional Premier Divisions

Basingstoke, Truro, Stourbridge, Gloucester, Margate, Folkestone, Bradford PA, South Shields

LEAGUE WINNERS (Promoted / Relegated)

EPL:  Liverpool (Leicester, Brighton, Burnley)

Championship:  Huddersfield (Huddersfield, Fulham, Leeds / Ipswich, AFC Wimbledon, Wigan)

League One:  Luton (Luton, Sunderland, Fleetwood / FExeter, Salford, Gillingham, Port Vale)

League Two:  Doncaster (Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Tranmere, Notts Co/ Bolton, Barnet)

Vanarama National League:  Solihull Moors (Solihull Moors, York / Maidenhead, Ebbsfleet, Billericay, Chelmsford)

Vanarama national North : Tamworth (Tamworth, AFC Telford / King's Lynn, Farsley, Blyth, Nuneaton Boro)

Vanarama national South:  Torquay (Torquay, Dulwich Hamlet / Boreham Wood, Concord, Tonbridge, Farnborough)

CUP WINNERS

English FA Cup:  Man Utd (vs Liverpool---they CAN be beaten!!!)

Carabao Cup:  Liverpool (Vs Man City --- sometimes!!!)

Community Shield:  Man City (Liverpool --- revenge???)

Leasing.com Trophy: Liverpool U23s (vs Exeter --- even their U23s??????  That's just not fair!!!!!!!!)

English FA Trophy: Eastleigh (vs Chester)

EURO QUALIFICATIONS

Champions Cup Group Stage:  Man Utd (Champions League Winners), Liverpool (EPL Winners), Tottenham (EPL 3rd place), Man City (EPL 4th place)

Euro Cup Group Stage:  Everton (Euro Cup II winners), Arsenal (EPL 5th Place), Chelsea (EPL 6th place)

Euro Cup 2QR

CONTINENTAL ACHIEVEMENTS

Man City -- Eliminated from Club World Championship Quarterfinal (by Zebre)

Arsenal -- Eliminated from Club World Championship Quarterfinal (by FC Bayern)

Man Utd -- Eliminated from Club World Championship Third Place Playoff (by Zebre)

Man City -- Won European Super Cup (vs Tottenham)

Tottenham -- Lost European Super Cup  (vs Man City)

Everton  -- Eliminated from Euro Cup Gropu Stage

Liverpool  -- Eliminated from Champions League First KO Round (by Bayer 04)

Arsenal  -- Eliminated from Champions League First KO Round (By Ajax)

Man Utd -- Won Champions League (vs R. Madrid)

What's Next

For Season Three I finally have a changed club vision.  For the foreseeable future, the board now expects a top-half position on the table.  That's great, though my personal goal is to push for a playoff spot minimum this coming season.  The great success we had in the late stages, along with some strengthening of the squad I've made late in season two (and hope to continue in the off-season) gives me great hope.  There are, however, two worries (both are tied together).  Firstly, our attendance average ended up DROPPING this season, despite the progress we were showing.  Okay, maybe not by much....but it should be moving in the other direction, to help with our second problem --- funding.  We are now over £400k in the red, with no sign of slowing down.  Despite takeover rumors in each of the first two seasons, it doesn't appear the president is going to step aside.  Neither has he shown any willingness to inject funds into the club.  I've been unable to obtain a coaching badge for myself, nor any real upgrades (I did prise an extra scout out of him the first time I won manager of the month, but couldn't get even another coach when I won it the second time).  Things are very dire, and I might end up losing this challenge thru bankruptcy, despite playing well!!!

Career Overview

Season                      Team                                    League                            League Position(Predicted)              FAT           FAC        JPT        LC      UEFA      CL

• Spoiler

2020/21          Needham Market          Vanarama North                              15(23)                             1rd         3QR

2021/22          Needham Market          Vanarama North                                8(23)                              3QR       4QR

Edited by G_D_K

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

Have you chosen your club yet for this challenge @Rashidi?  I always watch your dafuge Challenge in its entirety.

Let's see I've done Stalybridge, Gloucester City and Kingstonian with these challenges, we could end up with one of these 3 again. I am now very curious about how club vision, not having VAR etc is going to play out here. This should be fun. My first video will probably be out later, will probably edit it down and leave longer playthroughs unlisted. Also planning a save in India and one more in Portugal

15 hours ago, Spike said:

Going to play as Tamworth (thanks @G_D_K for the save files) as their ground is literally a mile from my house.

No problem!  Good luck with your Tamworth team!  

More saves coming over the course of the week for those looking for teams--check the post on page one of this thread!

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

Let's see I've done Stalybridge, Gloucester City and Kingstonian with these challenges, we could end up with one of these 3 again. I am now very curious about how club vision, not having VAR etc is going to play out here. This should be fun. My first video will probably be out later, will probably edit it down and leave longer playthroughs unlisted. Also planning a save in India and one more in Portugal

Hope you are streaming a few of these! 

- ITheMadHatter ;)

Been streaming (at least some) of my matches as well --- since I play out full matches (albeit at higher speed so they don't take 90+ min!) it's a bit slower than normal---but if interested watch for me at twitch.tv/castinar    All are welcome to watch this Yank come up short...again!

3 hours ago, Rashidi said:

All three of those are not the smallest you could get so why not choose a "rarer" side, like Kings Langley (seen twice in my reloads), Bamber Bridge (who I am going with), Brightlingsea Regent etc etc.

zPq5GqD.png

Scarborough Athletic 2021/22

We had a good season and finished 11th this year. A slow start to the year but we pushed on at the end. The start to the VNN is brutal, playing Saturday/Tuesday for the first three months is relentless. We again brought in plenty of new players and let a load go at the end of last season too who just didn't make the grade. Quite a few of them didn't work out as always (including a CB who averaged a pitiful 6.31 in his 11 appearances!!) but the squad is definitely getting better. The FA Cup and FA Trophy were both a complete washout, going one and done in both competitions. The board love me, although the expectations are definitely increasing as they get more confident.

We got a senior affiliate, in fact we had two during the year. We signed Colchester first, but then I asked again (thinking I could get two!) and Luton came up who are much better than Colchester, so we swapped. Luton even got promoted to the Championship, so hopefully they start pumping out some useful youth prospects.

Season Review | Best Eleven | End of Season Awards | Injury Report

acyZTWV.png

Edited by Britrock

10 hours ago, Rashidi said:

Good luck, never tempted to do a youth challenge ? Would be something for u and youth training videos :)

End of Season Review

Season 2020/21

Bamber Bridge

Image result for bamber bridge fc logo pictures

League Table - Stockport were just too strong and we were never really in the running for the title.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - Two winless runs really cost us.

Play Off Fixtures - We scraped through to the final on penalties, before losing at home to Hereford, our third loss to them this season.

F. A. Cup - A decent run before losing to Stockport on penalties in a replay in the fourth qualifying round.

F. A. Trophy - We made it through to the third round before being hammered at home by Aldershot.

Pre Season Friendlies - The usual mix of bigger clubs and smaller ones.

Squad - A decent squad, though with the emphasis on youth, they came unstuck in some big games.

Squad Dynamics - Not too bad though a poor dressing room atmosphere must have contributed to the playoff final defeat.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - I overhauled the squad and it is packed with young players.  Some will be moved on, however.

Transfers Out - A few departures, but a clear out is needed this summer.

Finances - In the black though could be better though, as I overspent on the wage budget by quite a bit.

Key Players

Kyle Joseph - Signed on loan from Wigan Athletic for the season, he returned my faith with 17 goals in his 45 games.

Ethan Galbraith - Signed on a free transfer after being released by Manchester United, the versatile midfielder had a fine season.

Kaine Felix - Signed on a free transfer as a squad player, his form was such that he became an automatic selection.

Joe Willis - Another loanee, this time from Walsall, he formed a good partnership in the centre of the park with Ethan Galbraith.

Emeka Obi - Central defender who had a decent season, though not spectacular.  He did chip in with eight goals though.

Next Season

Automatic promotion is the aim.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications          Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                      1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑   National B Licence ↑↑     6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   6 ↑   5 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data A'sis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Basic             Poor                   Basic                 Fairly Basic     Fairly Basic       Local = (1.00*) =
2020/21    Poor =               Basic =           Poor =                 Basic =               Fairly Basic =   Fairly Basic =     Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      56        32       14       10         114              62                 +52               57.14%             25.00%              17.86%                 2.04                     1.11

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game     Time At Club
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          56        32       14       10         114              62                 +52                57.14%             25.00%              17.86%                 2.04                     1.11                 325 days

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                                     Position     F.A. Cup                  League Cup      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North                2nd       Fourth Qualifying Round       N/a         Reached third round of the F. A. Trophy.  Lost in promotion playoff final.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Okay here we go. After I finished two season with my hometown club in switzerland during the beta(and basically just did what they are doing for years in the real world). I think now it's time for my very first very long term save on any FM. I saw this challenge first last year, back then I decided that I'm not good enough for this. 12 months later I'm not that much better in FM.  So long story short I personally don't expect a big success story out of this save but if everything goes as planed it will keep me motivated in this save and I won't jump save with the first other save Idea I see/have.

My team for this Challenge and hopefully for all of FM 20 is Scarborough Athletic.

https://imgur.com/84Z8Yje

Why Scarborough? As swiss I have zero connection to any of this eligible teams. So it's pretty simple they are red and white like the colours of my hometown team. After that I read about them on Wikipedia and like thier story. The Fans who brought them back home and now together we will go up the league lader or if we ask the board get relegated back after one year.

https://imgur.com/ybVdztF

Just so you know since I'm not the best fm player ever I definitly will look for a senior affiliate, to get me good loanees. 

Edit: How do I post the imgur links as pictures?

Edited by Winti26

Me being me, I forgot to post my manager profile on June 24th! Anyway, got the Bucks at the 2nd time of asking so here we go - the more eagle eyed amongst you will have spotted in the corner how I got on in my first few games 😂

001 profile.png

Edited by oohlala111

Had got a supposedly good bunch coming through maybe the Golden Generation but electricity went off and the game was saved few days before that! Was really looking forward to the full-backs, mine have struggled bad this season!

Chirag-Vadgama-Inbox-4.png

But now does not look like its going to be that great! :/
Chirag-Vadgama-Inbox-5.png

Edited by Prank Emperor

On 08/11/2019 at 22:28, DazRTaylor said:

At the start I just trial loads of players.  Over 90% of them are not signed, but I do find some gems.  I have three National League quality players from this and one of them has the potential to be a Championship player in the future, according to my Assistant Manager.  But then his judgement is questionable at best so maybe not.  :D

I think I had over 100 players on trial. Immediately after they come in I finish the trial for those who are below 3* so that I only have on trial the ones who are promising.

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2026/27 Season Review

League Table    Playoffs    Season Review    Squad    Transfers    Finances

I swear, I have the worst luck.

Back to the old 4-4-2, back to... not scoring much? What? This isn't what this tactic was like! I was supposed to get more goals with a 2nd striker, not less! I swear, these players just do what they want... Actually probably patch related, so now I'm truly stumped.

Away from the sporting side of things, we seem to have a new takeover rumor every month, and every month without fail the chairman squashes it. The debt is bigger than ever, so I wonder how long this will continue...

Aim for next season: Lose in the playoffs :rolleyes:

Season    League              Finish   Notes
2026/27   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2025/26   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2024/25   Vanarama North      2nd      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2023/24   Vanarama North      5th      Lost in Playoff 2nd Rnd
2022/23   Vanarama North      4th      Lost in Playoff 1st Rnd
2021/22   Vanarama North      9th      -
2020/21   Vanarama North      15th     -

Alrighty, my save corrupted and I'd turned off 3 file saving for something else so I'm back to taking over on June 24. Have restarted and got back to the first game of the season, here we go again 😂

Edited by oohlala111
decided to restart

No way, @Scab! Again? That's some serious anguish. By any chance do you just have an entire team of players who dread big matches? I wonder if you'll need to actively seek out players with the "Enjoys Big Matches" trait?

Good luck in the next season, it's got to be your time eventually.

4 hours ago, Zilla Blitz said:

By any chance do you just have an entire team of players who dread big matches? I wonder if you'll need to actively seek out players with the "Enjoys Big Matches" trait?

I don't see any signs of it from their body language in the actual matches (Nervous, Anxious, etc.) but a loooot of them are both inconsistent and uncomfortable in big matches according to their coach reports.

My hands are tied as long as I stick to the youth academy challenge. Just 'gotta keep rolling that dice~.

220px-Weston-super-Mare_AFC_logo.svg.png

Season Two, 2021/2022 Vanarama National League South - 7th

The board expected us to finish in the top half despite fighting relegation last season and I was a bit worried but we started out by only losing 1 of our first 14. We were never close to moving into first, though, with way too many of our games ending in draws. Something happened around matchweek 26 though and we started losing much more frequently. We managed to hold on to the final playoff spot despite losing on the final matchday thanks to goal difference, but we got crushed in the 1st round of the promotion playoffs.

rI2UNPi.png

Don't really know where to go next year. These were the squad stats and transfers from this year. The defenders were terrible. I only have 3 players whose contracts aren't expiring so lots of decisions on who to bring back. I'm more than 1k under wage budget, but the board has stopped giving us money so our finances look like this:

wo3iXkd.png

XaW - Stratford Town - 2028/29

noD3emR.png

Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances

This season were a season of ups and downs. We started pretty good and were part of the fight for the top spots for a while, but then we lost form and just struggled (it was when the new ME came... it broke my tactic). So I had to try some new stuff and trial and error in the middle of the season rarely is a good thing. A lot of poor matches, but every once in a while we did play well and picked up some points here and there. Towards the end of the season we found some form again, and with the good run at the first half it was enough to finish in the playoffs! So into the semi final were we faced Harrogate Town at home. The match were even, but we had most of the better chances. Still, that's not enough when they score a scrappy goal and our attacking players were quite impotent. So we are stuck in the VNN for another season.

In the FA Cup we got beat Leiston, Morecambe and Curzon Ashton before losing to Northampton in the 1st round. In the FA Trophy we beat Gainsborought Trinity before being thumped 1-5 at home by Solihull Moors.

We had a good youth intake where the coaches rate Jake Shorrock 29b and Kyle Petty 29d as the most exciting.

The leading players this season have been Nathan Keehan 25bDarren Waters-Reece 28c and Liam Burke 25a.

ig0bcKF.png

Good start to season 3 for me, I'm currently in a title fight in the middle of November and made it to the first round of the FA Cup again, where I drew Salford and lost to a late penalty. Over the summer I managed to sign the other Oxlade-Chamberlain (Christian) and the other Wright-Phillips (D'Margio) for a double barrelled right side of my team!

So we are approaching Christmas in season three and Bamber Bridge are having a phenomenal season.  We are almost certainly going to win the Vanarama National North by some distance.  We have also made the third round of the F. A. Cup and we have been drawn against Chelsea...at home.  :(

I know I shouldn't moan, but no windfall this year.

image.thumb.png.cb9f709acd29c1a3bccd751bc661d510.png

First season in the Championship. I dont know how but we played out of out minds for the first 2/3 of the season and were sitting in 2nd for most of it. the wheels fell off toward the end but we ended up taking the last playoff spot. Lost to Watford in the playoffs, but super happy with the season.

During out fall apart towards the end of the season, we somehow beat Tottenham 1-0 in the FA Cup, however after looking at it again they were missing about 1/2 their team to injury so I guess we got lucky.

I haven't had a good LLM save since FM14 so I'm going to have to get involved in this as a change of pace. Will start the holiday now, not sure what team I'm looking out for to get. Perhaps one of the Devon clubs or a team whose ground I've been to.

I presume the same approach works in the lower leagues - i.e. put as many quick players in your team as possible?

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2027/28 Season Review

League Table    Season Review    Squad    Transfers    Finances

Hell yeah! Suck it, playoffs, I don't need you!

Decided to take some time to rework our set pieces, in part because we don't do particularly well and in part because of in-match observations. Ended up scoring 12 from corners and 9 from IFKs, up from 6 and 5 last season. No crazy numbers but 10 more than usual, coincidentally also giving us roughly 10 more goals over the course of the whole season. If I were to take that off our results, we'd have been 2nd again for sure. Sometimes it's the little things, eh?

Clifton's still doing work up front, albeit not up to his old 30+ goals madness, and Goode has finally stepped into the side with force, scoring almost as much as our 2nd striker from out wide. All in all I'm actually quite happy with my first-choice players at this point; it's depth we're missing. Fingers crossed more of the youngsters can step in and alleviate that sooner rather than later.

Oh yeah and I guess I was worried about the finances for nothing. The board pushed two big cash injections and we were actually in the black for a while for the first time in what feels like forever. Long enough to fund me another coaching course. Still can't afford any meaningful facility or networking upgrades, of course, but hey, all in due time?

Aim for next season: Stay up. Please don't put me down here again.

2027/28   Vanarama North      1st      League winners

7 hours ago, Scab said:

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2027/28 Season Review

League Table    Season Review    Squad    Transfers    Finances

Hell yeah! Suck it, playoffs, I don't need you!

Decided to take some time to rework our set pieces, in part because we don't do particularly well and in part because of in-match observations. Ended up scoring 12 from corners and 9 from IFKs, up from 6 and 5 last season. No crazy numbers but 10 more than usual, coincidentally also giving us roughly 10 more goals over the course of the whole season. If I were to take that off our results, we'd have been 2nd again for sure. Sometimes it's the little things, eh?

Clifton's still doing work up front, albeit not up to his old 30+ goals madness, and Goode has finally stepped into the side with force, scoring almost as much as our 2nd striker from out wide. All in all I'm actually quite happy with my first-choice players at this point; it's depth we're missing. Fingers crossed more of the youngsters can step in and alleviate that sooner rather than later.

Oh yeah and I guess I was worried about the finances for nothing. The board pushed two big cash injections and we were actually in the black for a while for the first time in what feels like forever. Long enough to fund me another coaching course. Still can't afford any meaningful facility or networking upgrades, of course, but hey, all in due time?

Aim for next season: Stay up. Please don't put me down here again.

Awesome! Congrats! Happy for you.

End of Season Review

Season 2021/22

Bamber Bridge

League Table - A huge season, record points total and we won the league by finishing twenty six points clear of a very distant Chester in second.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - We dominated from start to finish.  A major disappointment, however, was that our only two league defeats came against Southport.

F. A. Cup - A solid campaign before losing at home to Chelsea in the third round.  Three nil flattered us somewhat.

F. A. Trophy - An excellent cup run all the way to final, where we beat Dagenham & Redbridge comfortably, for our first cup win.

Pre Season Friendlies - A good mix of bigger and smaller clubs, with the home wins over Premier League sides Aston Villa & Bristol City being the clear highlights.

Squad - A squad packed with talent for this level.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone loves everyone else.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - Lots of young players arrived, all either on free transfers or loan, as I sought to improve the squad.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - A few fringe players left for transfer fees and that helped the club remain in the black.

Finances - Considering we have such tiny crowds, I am delighted we are still in the black.  The cup runs obviously helped though.

Key Players

Jake Doyle-Hayes - Released by Aston Villa, we snapped the midfielder up for free transfer halfway through the season.  An automatic selection.

Richie Smallwood - Veteran and vastly experienced centre back with plenty of Championship playing time under his belt.  Signed on a free transfer midway through the season.

Conor McLaughlin - The right back we craved for half the season, until we managed to sign him on a free transfer.  A full Northern Irish international.

Cameron Archer - Signed at the start of the season on a free transfer after his release by Aston Villa, the striker led the line well, scoring 32 goals in 51 games.

Terry Rogers - Teenage Welsh winger signed on a free transfer from Cardiff Metropolitan University, he had an excellent season, contributing 20 goals & 12 assists in his 54 appearances.

Next Season

I really feel we can challenge for promotion again, such has been our dominance this season.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation           Qualifications           Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Minimal   (0.25*)    None                       1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑  National B Licence ↑↑      6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   6 ↑   5 ↑
2021/22    Decent ↑  (1.75*) ↑  Continental C Licence ↑↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Data A'sis Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Poor                 Basic             Poor                   Basic                 Fairly Basic     Fairly Basic       Local = (1.00*) =
2020/21    Poor =               Basic =           Poor =                 Basic =               Fairly Basic =   Fairly Basic =     Local = (1.00*) =
2021/22    Poor =               Basic =           Poor =                 Basic =               Average ↑        Fairly Basic =     Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21      56        32       14       10         114              62                 +52               57.14%             25.00%              17.86%                 2.04                     1.11
2021/22      60 ↑      48 ↑      9 ↓      3 ↓       132 ↑            35 ↓               +97 ↑             80.00% ↑           15.00% ↓             5.00% ↓               2.20 ↑                   0.58 ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game     Time At Club
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21          56        32       14       10         114              62                 +52                57.14%             25.00%              17.86%                 2.04                     1.11                 325 days
2021/22         116        80       23       13         246              97                +149                68.97% ↑           19.83% ↓            11.21% ↓               2.12 ↑                   0.84 ↓               690 days

Trophy Haul

2021/22    Vanarama National League North
2021/22    F. A. Trophy

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x Vanarama National League North (2021/22).

1 x F. A. Trophy (2021/22).

Career Overview

Season     Champions League     Europa League          League                                     Position     F.A. Cup                  League Cup      Achievements
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North                2nd       Fourth Qualifying Round       N/a         Reached third round of the F. A. Trophy.  Lost in promotion playoff final.
2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North                1st       Third Round                   N/a         F. A. Trophy winners.  Promoted as champions.

Edited by DazRTaylor

311982457_FAUnited.png.c8dba5b408a5b17303d19299f1945b4a.png

FC United 2022/23 Season Review

Profile|Table|Transfers|Finances|Squad 1 2

Vanarama National League: This promotion stuff is easy, hey?! We started the season by going unbeaten in 17 - drawing just three games along the way - and then continued in similar fashion for the rest of the season. 37 wins, 4 loses and a massive 116 points was enough for us to coast to the league title. Averaging a huge 2.52 points a game, in really wasn't even competitive. Records were bowing in our wake as we stormed to a 26 point buffer and secured a second promotion in as many years

The Emirates FA Cup: Another year and another FA Cup third round loss - this time to Premier League team Derby. We nearly didn't make it past the 1st round when Torquay held us to a 0-0 draw at their place, luckily the penalty gods were on our side and we scraped our way through.  The next round wasn't so difficult and we showed League 1 side Crawley why we are a team to respect by putting 3 past them setting us up for a home game against Derby. Despite losing 1-2 , we did our self proud and could hold our head up high 

The Buildbase FA Trophy: As if winning the league wasn't enough, adding the FA Trophy to our ever-growing cabinet really helped make this a wonderful season! With the exception of a draw against Halifax in the 3rd round, it was plain sailing all the way to the bus parade. 15 goals scored and 5 conceded, nobody could stop the mighty United!

Top Goalscorer: Michael Lee entered our squad last season when we needed cover for the prolific Heardman and forced his way into the starting lineup by season end. The local lad topped his impressive debutante season by scoring 40 goals in 49 games to help us on the way to the double!

Most Assists: Joe West might not look like much in the attribute department, but time and time again he shows up when it matters most. The left back played 44 games this season and hit 20 assists to once again claim the title of most assists.

Honourable Mentions: Ethan Walker - loaned in from Preston as cover for the last half of the season, the winger scored 14 goals and assisted in a further 8 in 22 games. 

Jahmel Hector-Ingram - the young striker had his chance to shine this season and shine he did! 36 games and 30 goals as he formed a deadly partnership with strike partner Lee. Any other season he would be the standout performer

Rhys Hughes - another loanee who made an impact in our title winning squad was young Hughes who came to us from Stoke. He played a massive 54 games for us, scoring 8 and assisting 17

Next Season Plans: Well we are certainly ahead of schedule so I expect that momentum to slow down slightly going forward. If we can add some depth to our squad, then a mid table finish wouldn't be unachievable 

Season     League                   Position    Notes and Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2020/21    National League North    3rd         Lost in the Playoff Semi Final
2021/22    National League North    2nd         Playoff winner
2022/23    National League          1st         FA Trophy winner 

16 hours ago, Zilla Blitz said:

Skin in the game! I added myself in June 2020 and went through job interviews to get a Vanarama North position with Nuneaton Borough.

Time to get busy! Champions League or bust!

Profile on July 11, 2020

Nice! I think I may well go with Nuneaton too, they seem to be the most interesting team to get promoted on my game and I distinctly remember an away day there a few years ago that was absolutely atrocious. Did you manage to keep hold of Osbourne? Class player at this level.

4 hours ago, XaW said:

Well, that went as I feared.

1qx7boc.pngUtjQ96Z.png

So 10 years was all I could manage here. Going to have a think about what I should do next...

I'm gutted for you man, but hats off for the attempt of a ridiculously difficult challenge. What were Stratford's youth facilities like when you first came in? MIght be worth trying it with a club with a bit more money.

4 minutes ago, yellowforever said:

I'm gutted for you man, but hats off for the attempt of a ridiculously difficult challenge. What were Stratford's youth facilities like when you first came in? MIght be worth trying it with a club with a bit more money.

The facilities were pretty much as poor as can be. I actually completed this with Kettering in FM19, so I know it's possible, just really really hard.

Leiston Season 20/21 update.

Won't make this first season as long a post as I have in previous saves. We finished 10th, which overall was really good. Played mostly 4-4-2, with 4-2-3-1 as backup. The defense really did well, only letting in 40 goals, and scoring 47. 21 drawn games has to be a personal record!

Cups were good. Got low teams until 2nd round in the FA, where we lost 3-1 away to L1 Burton. The FAT was a 3rd round exit, which were heartbreaking. Played 0-0 away vs League runnerup Kidderminster, and 0-0 at home in the replay, only to go on and loose on penalties.

2 players seems worth to mention. GK Charlie Andrew, former Hull player and Forward, Jack Watson, formerly Doncaster. If i can keep those for a few seasons, it seems promising for goal and attack. Remaining squad.

We managed to keep the finances in the black, thanks to the cups and a TV match income.

Had so many players in on trial this year. Every time a scout report came and the word was "one of the better players" or "add quality" they came on trial. If they would accept a part time contract, they would get it. Thanks to the massive amount of players, injuries weren't a problem.

3 hours ago, yellowforever said:

Nice! I think I may well go with Nuneaton too, they seem to be the most interesting team to get promoted on my game and I distinctly remember an away day there a few years ago that was absolutely atrocious. Did you manage to keep hold of Osbourne? Class player at this level.

That'd be interesting to see how a same team would play out, for sure. I had offers from Ashton United and East Thurrock as well, but Nuneaton looked to be the strongest. I'm not good at the game yet, so I figured I should give myself the best chance I could. 

Hmmm. Osbourne wasn't on the team when I got them, and I don't see him in the database. Not sure what could have happened to him?

I'm also interested in trying Nuneaton because I gave them a shot from the start of an FM19 game and got them relegated. Chance for revenge, this is.

About ready to kick off in the first game, but we're not ready. With the interview process, we didn't take over until July 11, so only 20 days before our first match. I barely have enough players, and we have two matches per week throughout August. Yikes. I may have made a mess of this already.

993853687_SouthShieldsFC.thumb.jpg.0f97d3f9c693ac9a3c7b6a9269d9febd.jpg

South Shields FC

2020-21 Season 

League Table | Squad | Transfers | Finances | Youth Intake | Competitions | RecordsManager Profile 

Fixtures 1 | 2| 3

Chirag-Vadgama-Inbox-20.png

We were predicted to finish in the lower half of the table more closer to Relegation than top. I was myself aiming for top half finish but did not really have a great pre-season as though I got in tons of players in for trial lot of the first choice players got weaned away by other teams. The first two months we lost only 4 out of 18 matches as we romped to the top spots but then started our wobbly phase as my main strikers failed to hit goals on a consistent basis. Got in a loan striker Ewan Bange who sort of hit the ground running but till the year end we had a very up and down season. Though that was not even the worst as turn of the season all my strikers went missing as we went on a run of no wins in Jan and Feb. 

To make things worst, my chairman decided to accept a stupidly low priced transfer bid for my best potential U-18 striker who had a decent run in the first team and had scored 5 goals as well. I protested it successfully but last day of Winter transfer Window he accepted another offer which was the most ridiculous one! Dale Freeman-Hudson was market value as 36k and I had already rejected transfer of 80k+, my chairman accepted a 14k offer! To get out of my bad run which had us drop out of playoff spots and down in 10th, I started tinkering my tactics continually and somehow started cobbling wins as we went undefeated for the remaining season winning all our matches. We ended the season in 5th place getting us into playoffs which we sort of laboured our way through. The final against Darlington was a one I knew going to be one of most demanding matches as we could barely get going against them in 2 matches in leagues. Somehow we hung on for the entire matches and were the better side actually missing out on two clear chances before we won it on Penalties!

In the cups made it to the first round of the FA Cup and 2nd round of the FA Trophy. 

The board has announced a stadium expansion of 1000 seats.

Players Stats

South-Shields-Defensive.jpg 

South-Shields-Playmakers.jpg 

South-Shields-Goalscoreres.jpg

Next Season

The aim is to stay way clear of any relegation battle and for that need to make sure I have a much better defence and hopefully get a good striker!

192287810_buckslogo.png.f9c9c94371171145629683bac1d8b683.png

Buxton FC 2020-21 (S1)

Transfers IN | Transfers OUT | FinancesFixtures 1 | Fixtures 2 | Cups | Table |

1758811262_008seasonreview.thumb.png.1f1f62430f1e1cfbfc9304bad0dc25d7.png

Overall, pretty happy with my first season in charge.

- We started with a prediction of 15th, much to my amazement, and we did start very well in our opening games. We began to slip away across September and October, although we still stayed in touch with the playoffs. We maintained pretty good form throughout the rest of 2020, but the wheels truly came off come New Year's Day. We only won 2 of our first 11 games during 2021 and slipped as far down as 16th in the table. We never looked in danger of relegation though - the bottom 8 or so teams were a mile away from us and we never really got too far away from the top half of the table. Despite a late rally in March and April, with the main highlight being a 5-0 thrashing of Paul Scholes' Altrincham, we finished a comfortable 7 points short of the playoffs. 68 points is still good for my first season though as I tend to struggle at this level.

- FA Cup was pretty standard, tough draw in Boreham Wood so not too disappointed with that. Again, shame we had to draw Yeovil in the 2nd Round of the Trophy but I felt we could've snatched something on another day.

- Finances are an absolute mess and we're well above our wage budget. Hoping to get beyond the qualifying stages of the FA Cup next year to give us a much needed boost.

- We got a few decent youth prospects from an overall poor youth intake. The best one looks to be Adam Parsons 21A, but there's a couple others that could turn out to be good too.

Next season I'm hoping to avoid dreadful runs like the one we endured in early 2021 and maybe try and push for a playoff spot. We'll see how it goes 😂

Season   League                  Position    FA Cup    FA Trophy    Europe    Notes 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2021-22  National League North   10th        4QR       Round 2      N/A       None

Edited by oohlala111

zPq5GqD.png

Scarborough Athletic 2022/23 season

Well that was horribly depressing. We started the season on an absolute tear and were 5 points clear at one point. Then in January the wheels just completely fell off as they have in every edition of FM that I've played. I don't know if the opposition "cracked" my tactics or just started playing me differently or what, but we just couldn't stop drawing games 0-0 or 1-1. At one point we went 9 games without a win, and only lost one of those games! It meant we dropped down to 4th by the end of the year and stumbled into the playoffs only to be quickly bumped out by Hyde in the first round. We found a couple of studs, D'Margio Wright-Philips joined us from Man City's academy, Christian Oxlade-Chamberlain bounced around the league to shore us up at RB and Daniel Ellegard joined us from the Forest academy up front. Wright-Philips refused to sign a new contract though, there's interest from actual league clubs so I'm not really sure how we ended up with him! Generally the squad was improved quite a bit from last year, with plenty of players joining over the summer. Finances are actually pretty healthy so I'm not too concerned about keeping everyone together and running it back again next year. The run to the 1st round of the FA Cup and the 2nd round of the FA Trophy helped a little with the finances.

Best XI | End of season awards | Season Review | Injury Report

0iglMo4.png

Edited by Britrock

220px-Weston-super-Mare_AFC_logo.svg.png

Season Three, 2022/2023 Vanarama National League South - 1st

Board expectation was playoffs but the preseason preview had us predicted to win the league. This was despite losing our best CM before the season thanks to his contract expiring and his crazy wage demands. We started the year poorly, with 3 wins, 4 draws, and 2 losses from our first 9. After changing the tactics around and complaining in the steam group we went on a ridiculous run and won the next 20 league games in a row. During this time we lost another CM due to expired contract (he finally left after being out of contract since season 1), a CB who was underperforming, and the GK who I benched after he complained about the sale of the CB. After that we went back to our early season form and managed to barely hold on to the top spot.

CO6MDrZ.png

Here are transfers and league stats. Next season they want us to try to avoid relegation. Only 1 player has a contract through next year so I have lots of room to maneuver in terms of squad composition. There are a few players leaving premier league academies who my scouts have classified as 4* CA who I want, but I'm waiting until my rep increases in hopes that they won't bankrupt me. The board was generous enough to put 310k into running the club this year but that still keeps us in the negatives. Our pitch is torn up, which we will need to address at some point, and our stadium actually doesn't meet minimum capacity requirements for the next level so we'll see what happens with that.

Edited by CMU Chips

njvjD5K.png

St. Ives 2028/29 Season Review

League Table    Season Review    Squad    Transfers    Finances

It's back to our old chaos. That is to say, we score and concede on par with the best and worst in the league, at the same time, while right away breaking all sorts of questionable records. We're ultimately just 1pt off the playoffs though, so I'm hesitant to change much. In fact, my latest set piece tweak backfired and we only scored two IFKs all season. With just that reversed, we could've had playoff disappointment again! :D

Had a great cup season away from the league, just one penalty shootout away from clinching the FA Trophy and one other from facing Premier League side Sheffield United in their 32K all-seater. Both the trophy and the money would've been nice, but hey, it's good to see that these kinds of things are within reach. Just 'gotta keep pushing.

In player news, Clifton is starting to struggle. He's scored 193 goals since I took over so it's fair enough, but a replacement? We have none. Atkins is making moves at last, but he's too inconsistent to be considered reliable. I want to move to an AML-ST-AMR system to shift responsibility to the wings where we have better depth, but every time I try the team performance is poor. Doesn't have to happen yet, but I'm concerned we're about to lose 15-25 goals forward with no working solution in sight. Time will tell.

Aim for next season: Playoffs? While we can?

2028/29   Vanarama National   10th     FA Trophy runners-up

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

Bamber Bridge

League Table - We were neck and neck with Yeovil Town until around ten games from the end, when we pulled away.

League Fixtures 1, 2 & 3 - Good results most of the season, though two draws with Yeovil and two losses to Bolton were irritating.

F. A. Cup - No cup run this year, as we lost heavily at League One Gillingham in the first round.

F. A. Trophy - We failed to retain our cup as we lost at home in a fourth round replay to old nemesis Stockport County.

Pre Season Friendlies - Wins over parent side Hull City and Scottish giants Rangers were the highlights.

Squad - A good squad with the ability to challenge again.  I intend to add to it, obviously.

Squad Dynamics - Everyone likes everyone else apparently.

Transfers In 1 & 2 - Some good youngsters arriving, both on free transfers and loans.

Transfers Out 1 & 2 - In an effort to balance the books, I sold eleven fringe players for fees totaling £128,050, though it wasn't enough for the finances.

Finances - Not good at all.  The lack of a cup run means we are in the red by quite a bit.

Key Players

Jake Doyle-Hayes - The central midfielder became a leader both on and off the pitch.

Jake Cain - Signed on a free transfer after his release by Liverpool, the midfielder forged a tremendous partnership with Jake Doyle-Hayes in the middle of the park.

Mitchell Vermeer - Teenage Dutch midfielder came into the squad this season and established himself as an automatic starter towards the end of the season.

Yasser Larouchi - Signed on loan from Birmingham City, the winger had an excellent season.

Leif Davis - Signed on a free transfer after being released by Leeds United, the left back was one of the first names on the team sheet.

Next Season

Can we challenge for the playoffs, or, dare I say it, a top three place and automatic promotion?

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation           Qualifications           Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
At Start   Minimal   (0.25*)    None                       1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2020/21    Minimal = (0.75*) ↑  National B Licence ↑↑      6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   4 ↑   3 ↑   2 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   1 =   6 ↑   5 ↑
2021/22    Decent ↑  (1.75*) ↑  Continental B Licence ↑↑↑ 10 ↑  10 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   4 ↑  10 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑   4 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑
2022/23    Okay ↑    (2.50*) ↑  Continental A Licence ↑   11 ↑  11 ↑   5 =   6 =   7 ↑   5 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   9 ↑  11 ↑  10 ↑   1 =  11 ↑  11 ↑

Club Facilities

2021/22    Poor =               Basic =           Poor =                 Basic =               Average ↑        Fairly Basic =     Local = (1.00*) =
2022/23    Poor =               Basic =           Below Average ↑↑↑      Basic =               Adequate ↑       Average ↑          Regional ↑ (1.50*) ↑

Season Record

3Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Drawn Percentage     Loss Percentage     Goals For Per Game     Goals Against Per Game
2021/22      60 ↑      48 ↑      9 ↓      3 ↓       132 ↑            35 ↓               +97 ↑             80.00% ↑           15.00% ↓             5.00% ↓               2.20 ↑                   0.58 ↓
2022/23      53 ↓      36 ↓     12 ↑      5 ↑       114 ↓            44 ↑               +70 ↓             67.92% ↓           22.64% ↑             9.43% ↑               2.15 ↓                   0.83 ↑

Overall Career Record

2021/22         116        80       23       13         246              97                +149                68.97% ↑           19.83% ↓            11.21% ↓               2.12 ↑                   0.84 ↓               690 days
2022/23         169       116       35       18         360             141                +219                68.64% ↓           20.71% ↑            10.65% ↓               2.13 ↑                   0.83 ↓             1,055 days

Trophy Haul

2021/22    Vanarama National League North
2021/22    F. A. Trophy
2022/23    Vanarama National League.

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

1 x Vanarama National League (2022/23).
1 x Vanarama National League North (2021/22).

1 x F. A. Trophy (2021/22).

Career Overview

2021/22           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League North                1st       Third Round                   N/a         F. A. Trophy winners.  Promoted as champions.
2022/23           N/a                N/a               Vanarama National League                      1st       First Round                   N/a         Reached the fourth round of the F. A. Trophy.  Promoted as champions.

Edited by DazRTaylor

Nuneaton Town - start of save update

I thought I'd just update the thread as to my progress so far. It's been a slow start, due to real life commitments and me taking ages to get to the first game every by excessively micro-managing as much as possible. Now I've got started I should be able to whizz through the games. Here's me in game.

Honestly I was suprised by the quality of player I was able to attract, and I'll attatch my transfers list to this post as I'm sure many of them will be available to anyone starting this challenge. It basically boiled down to looking at players at Premier League clubs who were set for release and under the age of 21, and then offering them 4 week trials until I could get a decent idea of what attributes they had. The one real exception to this was Giles Phillips who was transfer listed and played 26 games in League 1 the season before, so I just bit the bullet, offered him as much as I could afford and hoped he was good. 

Some decent staff additions to look out for - Mark Preece who is my assistant with good stats, and Mark Robinson who is a HOYD with a Model Professional personality. 

The team and tactics for the first game of the season were this, as we won 2-0. The media actually has us down as favourites to go up, which is bizarre but a testament to the quality of some of the players we've recruited. The question is whether they all gel in time. The one weird one was Idowu, who got annoyed from me signing Galbraith, asked to leave and so I just decided to get rid. Made a tidy profit actually, but would have preferred to keep him had he been happy.

I'll post back here at the end of my first season.

@Zilla Blitz. Here is Osbourne. Unfortunately he didn't want to renew his massive (1,400 pw!!!) contract with us. Would have needed him to halve his wage.

Edited by yellowforever