[FM19] Real Life USA-Canada Expansion by Uncle Sam (Now compatible with 19.3)

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, torsportsfan said:

Wow this is fantastic!

I agree and am really enjoying. The only issue-problem I see is the high number of 15-18 year old transfers to USL Championship, NPSL Pro, USL 1 and clubs from these divisions using these players as starters.

Not sure if this is case of High PA of these players, Not enough Current CA American players or these clubs choosing to pay these young players a lower salary then the older perhaps higher PA and CA players.  Not a show stopper but as playing in USL Championship and seeing the Rowdies dropping big name players for youth does not seem realistic.

Edited by meter

This is awesome, I have been looking for this for FM19. Also this has to be the best Canadian database because some one beside FC Edmonton actually wins the CPL (A problem I have been facing in other databases). It's also great to play as my home town team FC Buffalo as well as University at Buffalo. I am also wondering in the future could you add the Canadian colleges who compete in USports to draft in the CPL. Once again this is awesome.

By April, more than 140 players will have been recruited across the seven teams, and the league has implemented strict rules designed to benefit the national side.

Squads must have between 20 and 23 players, with only seven foreign nationals allowed in each. Six Canadians must be in each team's starting XI.

A minimum of three domestic players in each squad must be under 21, and those players must play a minimum of 1,000 combined minutes a season.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46988859

Ugh, again limitations by the editor. There is no way to recreate the U21 Domestic players rule. I can do minimum number of U21 players, but not Domestic U21. To compromise I did a minimum of 3 homegrown players.

BTW, should be releasing version 2.24 soon. It will set the recently announced USL2 and NPSL conference alignments for 2019.

5 hours ago, Uncle_Sam said:

Ugh, again limitations by the editor. There is no way to recreate the U21 Domestic players rule. I can do minimum number of U21 players, but not Domestic U21. To compromise I did a minimum of 3 homegrown players.

Does the Overall Squad rule "U21 National Players In Squad" not work for this? There's no way to do the minutes thing but you could do the "3 U21 Canadians on the roster" part easily if that rule does what it says (which is not always a guarantee, yes.)

Just now, Dallan said:

Does the Overall Squad rule "U21 National Players In Squad" not work for this? There's no way to do the minutes thing but you could do the "3 U21 Canadians on the roster" part easily if that rule does what it says (which is not always a guarantee, yes.)

Ha, somehow I skipped right over that. Thanks!

how much work would it be to add ny cosmos into the expansion with austin? rounds it off to 28 teams.  and also is there any way to knock the mls rules out so the contracts and transfers are european style? i changed the usa nation to the fixed bottom option instead of flexible, took the additional rules helper for the mls out and it has partially worked but it may of affected the pre season cos i gett aksed for training camp squads about 3 times for different dates, and i noticed the season finishing alot earlier after the first season. have my changes caused this? Thanks for great work by the way

For the first time in my whole manager history, I'm dipping my toes to some american foo..soccer? and this seems to be perfect addition to the experience.

Yesterday I started with Inter Miami, but werent able to sign any players, even free agents, because news says I lack transfer money, which I actually have lots. My starting date was in january 2018, so I guess I'm able to sign players later.. Does anybody know when? And if I go to holiday until the start of 2020 season, which dates on the way are important? Like draft dates or etc..?

On 21/01/2019 at 10:39, Uncle_Sam said:

I’ve not had this issue, but I’ll run some tests this week. 

Before I do, are you running any other DB files?

mine was also crashing at this same date

The MLS expansion sides sign every MLS level FA in existence. I'm guessing there's now way to stop that?

Also from the beginning as an MLS club i can't send players to my B team in USL. Says I must wait for next transfer window. Thats isn't accurate don't know if its an error or oversight. 

Keep up the good work!

Edited by treyb770

On 10/02/2019 at 14:03, Sambamtime said:

Inter Miami is suppose to be in MLS with Nashville and Cincinnati

Inter Miami goes in with Nashville in 2020, as is currently expected. Cincinnati arrives a year before them. The file has it right already.

Just wanted to report (what I hope is) a bug for those who want to manage NCAA teams: If you win the league, you go to the NCAA Championship, but your entire squad is on vacation so you're left with only gray players. Lost the first round 8-1 after an undefeated season.

8 hours ago, Dallan said:

Inter Miami goes in with Nashville in 2020, as is currently expected. Cincinnati arrives a year before them. The file has it right already.

I saw that afterwards, I don't know why I commented on that. But, USL Championship is still not in East-West conferences like it is suppose to be in real life.

Hi @Uncle_Sam, first of all thank you for your big work! 

I made a little change, and I set the value of American generated player to 200, because I thought that the draft would have been very interesting (like the 2003 NBA draft).
There is a little problem: few of them declare themself elegible, because most of them go to play in USL, so if I want them I have to buy. I think it could be cool if NCAA players cannot move to USL. In fact, that add some competitivity to that league, but after 3 years I'm noticing that most of the best NCAA are in USL and not drafted. How could I fix it?
Second thing: I'm actually at Inter Miami and I cannot buy players from my own Academy, is that normal?

Third thing: Is it possible to copy all the rules and create a UEFA MLS, with the best 28 teams divided in eastern and western, a USL with other 38 club and an NCAA with the best European academy, and an European Draft with the best young prospects from the continent?

Edited by fedegalla

19 hours ago, Sambamtime said:

I saw that afterwards, I don't know why I commented on that. But, USL Championship is still not in East-West conferences like it is suppose to be in real life.

Do you have a screenshot? Because I have it set up as East-West conferences. The Commissioner's Cup is a single table, like the MLS Supporters Shield, but the USLC is East and West in my file.

On 07/02/2019 at 08:06, oskumustatuli said:

For the first time in my whole manager history, I'm dipping my toes to some american foo..soccer? and this seems to be perfect addition to the experience.

Yesterday I started with Inter Miami, but werent able to sign any players, even free agents, because news says I lack transfer money, which I actually have lots. My starting date was in january 2018, so I guess I'm able to sign players later.. Does anybody know when? And if I go to holiday until the start of 2020 season, which dates on the way are important? Like draft dates or etc..?

Cant sign players for any of mls expansion teams when i start game in january 2018 (or late 2017). I did try it with Miami, Nashville and Cincinnati. I holidayed to 2019 with Inter Miami and then i was able to sign. I got some allocation money when the year changed and when you start there is no allocation money for the expansion teams, so maybe there is some connection...?

So all of the issues with signing players to expansion teams is entirely to do with hard-coding. I've done what I can to make it possible to control the teams from the beginning, but all the hard-coding with MLS makes it difficult-nigh impossible-to function as it ideally would. You may not actually be able to function properly until the team actually joins MLS. 

Edited by Uncle_Sam

On 12/02/2019 at 09:26, Yawron1 said:

Just wanted to report (what I hope is) a bug for those who want to manage NCAA teams: If you win the league, you go to the NCAA Championship, but your entire squad is on vacation so you're left with only gray players. Lost the first round 8-1 after an undefeated season.

What version of the file are you using? The one I'm using will send players on vacation after the conference tournament, but once the NCAA tournament is set they become available again. I checked all 48 teams in my test save and the unavailable players were those who didn't meet the age requirements (U19 or O23).

On 29/01/2019 at 06:20, Uncle_Sam said:

If he wants to adapt my file to put in pro/rel, it would take a lot of work. I have every competition getting the specific teams rather than just, "Get All Teams from Division".

The hardest part is actually dealing with the excess teams, your files have done well in my efforts at least, but removing the NCAA to save on the load times is a chore.

Also I really appreciate the work you put in, I was working on my own file, but have been mostly overwhelmed by creating uniforms and such for all of the clubs in America.

Hi Uncle Sam

is there any way to add more fixtures to the regular season? 40 matches (2x vs your conference= 26 & once against the other conference 14) based on a 28 team league (i added ny cosmos to the 2021 expansion).

any advice on editing the amount of fixtures would help alot.

Thank You

This will not work for me, I have made sure everything is placed in the right folder and such but the drop down database option is always greyed out when I start a new game.

I have a feeling it has something to do with the files being .fmf files rather than xml files.

Can someone please help me out with this, I've now been trying to find a solution to this problem for a while now.

Im also on Mac if that makes a difference

Hello, 

I just wanted to share this glitch I found to increase the salary cap without much issues with the AI. Hopefully this is something new to people and it might be of some use to anyone, especially after all the good work you've done improving the MLS.

If you go into the editor and change the currency value of the USD, which is currently 1.302, down to 0.651 you're doubling the value of the Dollar.

Ok so this is where it's hard to explain....

I play my game using UK pounds so it makes much more sense to see these changes. (Change your preferences from USD to Pounds and you'll see what I mean)

The salary cap is doubled as a result.

TV money is doubled.

A Designated Player cap is double.

The TAM (1.25m) and GAM (6.75m) is increased to £8M combined.

Reserve / Senior minimum contracts double too.

So I have left this on manager holiday for a few seasons and was really surprised to see the results. 

Atlanta were able to bring in additional DP level players, paying down Barco's cap with the additional TAM/GAM. They also gave Villalba double his original contract at the start of the game and he wasn't a DP neither despite being on over £30k a weej. Almiron who had always left the club in the standard version suddenly changed his mind and wanted to stay and was worth £37.5m.

I had increased the team and league's reputation and some big name transferred to the MLS, players and coaches. With the increased Reputation some American players were reaching full potential, some clubs were able to bring back American and Canadian players on DP/TAM level. I also changed the default TV money, wages and salary values, so players who were leaving were leaving for a lot more money in Europe.

The TV money increase meant teams were signing big names a lot easier for DP level deals. I added myself as Vancouver on a test and was able to sign Welbeck, Sturridge and Boyata. 

I'd also edited the players to have better Current Ability and Potential. I was really surprised to see players like Roldan sign huge contracts and value soar. By the 3rd season he was capable of being a solid PL player and was not even on a DP contract.

Atlanta and Toronto had won the NACL too.

Players were transferring within the league a lot. Especially established American players. Arriola left D.C for 3.6 million in GAM + Alvas Powell. That's quite impressive. Canouse, who i'd increased in quality got a £3m trade with NYCFC in exchange for 2 players.

Of course the only draw back here is switching from USD to Pounds if you're not used to that.... but the results are excellent and worth playing around with.

Edited by BuckSaddler

I am loving this! Thanks for making it!

I am having a problem right now with Grand Rapids FC in the NPSL. I am in the NPSL semifinal. The game is about to start, but every player that I signed went on vacation right after the regional final and are not available for the semi final. I will have to play the semi with all grayed out filler players!

Wish me luck! :)

For what it's worth, one problem I've seen trying this file with the update is that Inter Miami will need to be re-created - I guess that the extinct team they were edited from was removed from the base 19.3 DB for some reason?

FIRST POST HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH THE 19.3 COMPATIBLE FILE

Changes:

-Cleaned up the database, removing the duplicate clubs that were included in the default 19.3 data update

-Re-added Inter Miami, as they were removed from the 19.3 data

-Separated the USA and Canada expansions into two separate files

-I've fixed the Concacaf club competitions so it's 22 in the Concacaf League with 6 advancing to join the 10 automatic CCL qualifiers. The CPL winner now qualifies for the preliminary round of the Concacaf League. I have also modified the Mexican and Costa Rican leagues so that the proper teams will qualify for the Concacaf competitions. These MUST be included in your editor files folder in order for them to work correctly.

-I'm hopeful to have sorted out the USSDA and NCAA championship competitions so that the players don't go on holiday.

-Because the NISA has been granted sanctioning I have gone ahead and put them in starting in 2019. The real-life planned Fall-Spring schedule format cannot be duplicated in FM because a nation's league structure MUST all run on the same calendar, so it will be a spring-fall format.

-Graphics have been added and changed where necessary