World Cup Betting Thread

ArsenalFan7

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

The refereeing at this is absolutely infuriating for bets. 14 fouls for Tunisia last night and no card including the rugby tackles, needed the one card for a nice payout :thdn: Just goes to show booking points are stupid as refs con you out of money with their idiocy, sickening.

Outrights look absolutely screwed now with Colombian qualification unlikely and unlikely chance I get 4 group goals off them. Meanwhile what I considered to be my banker in Brazil, Spain, Germany and France in the quarters looks screwrd because Brazil and Germany will probably play each other in the round of 16. I have to laugh, looked great on paper.

The world cup is boring so far, with not much to shout about stats wise or in the way of predictability. Backing the under markets looks the way to go

I stuck my free £5 bets (from Lukaku' goals) on England to win, Kane to score then a combo of booking PTS (over 30&50) and corners, was fuming at the ref haha.

Group H is far from over whilst Brazil and Germany's groups are far from settled, wouldn't surprise me if both finished 2nd behind Croatia and Mexico so those are still looking decent enough, I've got a bet that both of those England and Belgium reach the quarters and it's deffo still on, proper early days.

I'm not using my own money to bet on the world cup now, placed a few quid before the start but just using free bets now, WH keep giving £2 free bets on their scratch and win offer whilst the prize machine gives occasional decent prizes on skybet and coral keep giving £1 free bets on their player build and bet markets, make sure you're signed up to them :thup:

Your 1000/1 shot is still on isn't it?

44 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

About time too. Also still in the running for my no 0-0s in the group stages bet too.

What odds was that?

38 minutes ago, Pukey said:

Of course I put Colombia in as well the absolute buggers :D

Senegal & Colombia double or did you throw Egypt in as a treble?

13 minutes ago, toon_84 said:

That's my 1000/1 shot finished with :(

I've given up on betting already. I've been awful with my selections.

I thought that was Arsenalfan7 who done that, over 1 group goal and cards/corners wasn't it or did you do a different one?

Just now, Pukey said:

Had the treble on, so you know Egypt are winning now :D 

Haha I still fully expect them to get humbled, if I was having a bet on it I'd either go Russia and over 2.5 or Russia -1, staying clear though as no free bets at present :(

10 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

I thought that was Arsenalfan7 who done that, over 1 group goal and cards/corners wasn't it or did you do a different one?

Mine was 1 or more goals and over 7 corners. There was only 5 in the Poland game.

Just to show how crap my selections are I went for a Colombia/Poland/Russia treble :lol:

Not me on a 1000/1, I'm impressed 8+ corners lasted that long

Feeling similar about limiting the money down, this world cup is very unpredictable and poor for RABs. Ironically, the Spain winning the world cup bet looks the best value of the lot now.

Today has been the only good day so far. Won on the Falcao 2+ shots on target and offside bet as well, had a laugh at that 89th minute offside. Lost on Senegal Poland by a couple corners but then had a nice £50 winner on Russia Egypt.

Tomorrow I have gone for a double of Spain and Uruguay to win, O1.5 goals and a clean sheet for the pair at 4.4, which seems a bit generous to me. Hoping to get a bit of a roll going.

Portugal Uruguay double at slightly over evens looks good today. Morocco have to try and attack so can see then getting beat, and I can't see anything other than a comfortable Uruguay victory.

2 hours ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

Officially done until the knockouts with Uruguay failing to score 2 against Saudi Arabia ffs :D 

Yep I'd have handicapped Uruguay and done the over 2.5 and a win if I'd have been betting, save your money until proper football starts in August :thup:

I did put a few quid on Portugal last night to win outright, couldn't believe they were still at 18s considering how poor most of the teams have looked this world cup, they are European champions with Ronaldo looking good plus England were as short as 10/1, I reckon we may get a Spain - Portugal final and that will probably end up as the first 0-0 of the tournament too :D

5 minutes ago, Paul Bacon said:

Denmark, France and Argentina treble pays 6/1. So tempted. Denmark is the sticking point tho

Not one of them is tempting for me, think France may struggle and either draw or just sneak a 1 goal win, Argies I fancy to draw or even lose whilst the Danes again I think will be tight and I'd be really surprised if all 3 won.

15 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Yep I'd have handicapped Uruguay and done the over 2.5 and a win if I'd have been betting, save your money until proper football starts in August :thup:

I did put a few quid on Portugal last night to win outright, couldn't believe they were still at 18s considering how poor most of the teams have looked this world cup, they are European champions with Ronaldo looking good plus England were as short as 10/1, I reckon we may get a Spain - Portugal final and that will probably end up as the first 0-0 of the tournament too :D

Iran looked good last night. Wouldn’t be shocked if the beat Portugal and knock them out.

3 hours ago, Cardiovascular said:

Iran looked good last night. Wouldn’t be shocked if the beat Portugal and knock them out.

Absolutely no chance Iran beat Portugal, Spain were poor but had to win last night and Iran sat back until they went behind, when Iran play Portugal they have to win and Portugal will expose them, Portugal will be leading at half time and it wouldn't surprise me if they were 2 or more to the good.

8 minutes ago, craigcwwe said:

If only football was that simple. 

Iran had 2-3 good chances against Spain last night. They can do the same to Portugal. 

They well could create but they'd have to score which they didn't last night and that wouldn't be good enough either but as I said the game Vs Portugal they have to win so they will surely try to whereas Portugal can setup a number of ways due to them not having to.

Yesterday not getting beat left Iran in a great position whilst Spain had to win, I'd be very surprised if Iran got a result at all Vs Portugal whereas Cardiovascular who I was responding to said he wouldn't be shocked if Iran knocked Portugal out.

Your response doesn't say your opinion at all (I think you're playing devils advocate) so I'll ask you, do you think Iran will beat Portugal and go through? If not what do you think is the likely outcome?

23 minutes ago, Hodgy said:

They well could create but they'd have to score which they didn't last night and that wouldn't be good enough either but as I said the game Vs Portugal they have to win so they will surely try to whereas Portugal can setup a number of ways due to them not having to.

Yesterday not getting beat left Iran in a great position whilst Spain had to win, I'd be very surprised if Iran got a result at all Vs Portugal whereas Cardiovascular who I was responding to said he wouldn't be shocked if Iran knocked Portugal out.

Your response doesn't say your opinion at all (I think you're playing devils advocate) so I'll ask you, do you think Iran will beat Portugal and go through? If not what do you think is the likely outcome?

Portugal winning is the most likely outcome and I think they will win. I expect it to be a close game again though and similar to last night's game. Iran need a result so will surely be a little more adventurous in their attacking. They played well Vs Spain and caused them some problems so they can do the same to Portugal. 

I'd say 1-0 Portugal though. 

5 minutes ago, Readingfanman said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Iran knocked Portugal out. Portugal haven't looked fantastic at all. Clearly Iran are outsiders though.

If you can get over 5/1, I think it's a pretty good price.

I wouldn't touch them at anything lower than 20/1 and even then I'd only stick £2 on.

1 hour ago, toon_84 said:

Anybody had anything decent off that William Hill scratchcard offer?

A few £2 free bets and then free spins with no wagering requirement on winnings are the best I keep getting, other than that it's either bet boosts or spend £5 get £5 free on random things neither of which I use.

1 hour ago, Readingfanman said:

Would you give me 15/1?

Haha, I'm in the business of making money which is why I'd waste no more than £2 of my own money on a 20/1 on Iran winning however me being the bookie is too risky, even with a max stake of £2 I wouldn't give you 15/1, even though I'm getting there I haven't gone senile quite yet :kriss:

I had a £2 free bet the other day on the William Hill Scratch card. Put it on both teams to score Mo Salah to score and Russia to win at 8/1.  :cool:

Tonight got a £1 build a bet on Coral over 0.5 goals Mitrovic to score and Savic to carded at 13/1 but still not paid out.

Think my only pre tournament bet still looking ok is Panama and Saudi Arabia to score 0 and concede 5 or more at 40/1. Expect Panama or Saudi to get one in their easiest games in round 3 though tbf.

Arguably my Argentina to win it is still going after today but I think it's safe to say that won't be coming in.

Other bets were an eight fold on teams to finish bottom that Iran and probably Japan will let down l.

Got £20 on Messi, Neymar and Griezman to get 3 or more which isn't looking great although the GOAT can step up any time.

And got a tenner on Kane, Ronaldo, Costa, Lukaku, Griezman, Suarez, Mbappe, Jesus, Lewandowski and Messi scoring 2 or more at 40/1 still going but very unlikely. 4 in, 3 with 1 and 3 with 0. If Lewandowski and Messi could drag them through it'd be a touch but looks unlikely.

apart from that I've probably staked about £750 since the tournament started and am £100 odd down so all a waste of time really! Happy to only be that down atm so just having the odd fiver from now on :D

Contemplated a quid on it at 80/1 on Sky but was removed when I finally decided I wanted to do it, shame I didn't as almost every sod I know is on it. I still think there will be a 0-0, the most likely candidate would be the final game in Panama Tunisia, which would be rather funny.

Over 3.5 bookings in the Belgium game @ evens. 

I cant see Tunisia getting away with another game of man handling players and with Hazard probably being the most fouled player ever I'm expecting a few yellows to be shown.

I think this is the refs first game at the world cup but looking at his record he's not shy with the cards.

17 minutes ago, Sid1984 said:

Got £500 in my betting account ready to bet on Mexico v Sweden to be a draw providing this Germany/Sweden game stays as a draw. I have a feeling these odds will be shortening.

Damn. Money making opportunity gone.

Got a friendly competition going with my cousin where we both started with a tenner and have to make a single bet on every single match. I'm already down to my last £1.05 and have resorted to putting 10p bets on 25/1+ selections :D 

I've only won bets on 5 games in this tournament so far. Have backed a penalty in virtually every single game that didn't have a penalty /o\

He basically wrapped up the competition by getting lucky with a 14/1 'Mitrovic to score first and Switzerland to win' bet.

Spain win world cup 6/1 - :thup:?

Brazil Spain final 18/1 - :thup:?

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, England, France, Germany, Uruguay 4+ group goals each 5/1 - :thdn: 

Saudi Arabia, Panama, Iran all 4th 3/1 - :thdn: 

Brazil, Germany, Spain, France to reach quarters 4/1 - :thdn: 

Cavani, Coutinho, Falcao, Mane, Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, Ronaldo, Salah, Suarez all score 1+ each 6/1 - Messi/Cavani remain :thup: 

Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Croatia, France, Germany, Spain and Uruguay all to qualify from their groups 10/3 - :thup:?

Korea Republic, Mexico, Morocco, Nigeria, Peru, Senegal, Serbia, Switzerland Uruguay to score 2+ goals each 6/1 - :thdn: 

Neymar to win golden ball 9/1 - Fraud :thdn: 

Need results from Germany, Colombia and Argentina to qualify as well as the miracle/disaster of Brazil/Germany avoiding each other to make a solid profit. Goalscorers probably my best hope but overall absolute turd predictions. :(

On 12/06/2018 at 15:09, Readingfanman said:

I did a couple last night:

Morocco to concede less than 3 12/1 - Dying

Australia, Iran, Panama & Saudi U1.5 goals 33/1 - Dead

Germany & Spain to make Semi's & Panama not to score 28/1 - Dead

Argentina U7.5 goals 10/11 - Looking Good

Brazil/Germany final 11/1 - Almost Dead

Brazil Spain final 14/1 - Looking OK 

Spain overall winner 6/1 - Looking OK 

Panama 0 goals scored 11/2 - Dead

Peru, Egypt & Senegal to qualify for R16 - 16/1 - Dead

I need Tunisia to get one more for a 20/1 shot on Panama to concede 10+.

22 minutes ago, ArsenalFan7 said:

I did feel a bit for anyone with no Panama goals yesterday, bound to blank against Tunisia now :D 

Sky have Salah, Suarez anytime boosted to 7/1, taking a chance with both being penalty takers and main threats.

I don't think Salah's playing pal.

Archived