OTF/FF World Cup 2018 Sweepstake

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bliss Seeker said:

Nope, definitley Japan. 

Japan's goal is credited at 6 mins. The penalty and sending off was given after 3 mins. Ronaldo scored in the 4th minute twice or am I missing something :confused: 

On 14/06/2018 at 12:29, Readingfanman said:

can you all confirm once paid please?

Have seen you sent something DP - was that to Paypal?

Late reply... I transferred it via bank transfer. Had your details saved from the last time you ran one of these :D 

On 12/06/2018 at 11:15, DeafParrot said:

Sorry for not sending my entry yet. I'll get on it tonight when I get back from work. 

Although after having drawn Sweden I should quit now :D (I won't though)

Maybe I was a little hasty! Can't lose in the QF now I guess :D 

Does anyone have the current stats for the following as I can't seem to find a stat site at all :(

Last place finish (Lowest points & GD) - I think this has been decided hasn't it?
Least Goals conceded - This may have been decided too, if it hasn't who is leading and who still has a chance of winning?
Fastest goal scored - Who is leading this and what time was the goal scored?
Most yellow cards during tournament - Who is leading this and how many cards do the remaining 4 teams in the tournament have?

Iirc Lowest points was Panama.

Lowest Goals conceded is a farce imo because Uruguay conceded 0 in the group's but 3 in the knockouts. Iran and Peru conceded 2 each in the group's but never made the knockouts much like other teams that conceded 1 in the group's but have then gone on to concede more in the knockouts. So I will leave @Readingfanman to clarify that one :D

Fastest Goal so far is Denmark's first minute goal last Sunday I believe.

Card details here (Argentina  & Panama lead with 11 Yellows each, Croatia and France have 8 each, Belgium on 7 & England on 5):  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/world-cup-2018/fairnesstabelle/pokalwettbewerb/WM18/saison_id/2017/plus/1

Lowest goals should never have been a money winner tbf unless it was for group stage only, top scorers would have been a better option for sure or even most goals conceded but it can't be changed now, Iran and Peru win it then due to the fact they played less games :D

4 hours ago, toon_84 said:

Would averaging it out over minutes played not work?

It's not really fair on those who are due to win money though is it?

I didn't even notice it as I was sure top team scorers were a prize but it really should've been flagged early on to be eligible for change not once the outcome has been decided...

35 minutes ago, Cardiovascular said:

i would say conceding 2 goals over 4 games is better than 2 over 3 but my denmark-coloured glasses might be tinting that. ;)

You're correct that it is better however that wasn't the stipulation for the payout, least goals conceded is a tie regardless of how many more games a team has played  and what coloured glasses you're wearing :p

On 08/07/2018 at 08:49, CMOZZA said:

Iirc Lowest points was Panama.

Lowest Goals conceded is a farce imo because Uruguay conceded 0 in the group's but 3 in the knockouts. Iran and Peru conceded 2 each in the group's but never made the knockouts much like other teams that conceded 1 in the group's but have then gone on to concede more in the knockouts. So I will leave @Readingfanman to clarify that one :D

Fastest Goal so far is Denmark's first minute goal last Sunday I believe.

Card details here (Argentina  & Panama lead with 11 Yellows each, Croatia and France have 8 each, Belgium on 7 & England on 5):  https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/world-cup-2018/fairnesstabelle/pokalwettbewerb/WM18/saison_id/2017/plus/1

Ahhh had Uruguay :(

Archived