Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

Not sure whether to start a thread for my new save now or to wait and see how I get on with it.

My instinct is to hold off in case it's just a 'false start' and start it after I've played six months or perhaps a season.

I don't want to start the thread only to abandon it shortly afterwards. After all, you can't force a save to become great.

Any advice people?

C.

I would wait to see given how you have felt about FM09 recently.

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would people need to know to refer to you as C when they could just quote your post and then you would instantly know thay they are replying to you. All seems completely pointless to me, but whatever floats your boat.

really want to start a career game, but i know that i get bored of them quite quickly, so im writing it up in notepad first :p to see how it goes, probably make a thread after pre-season and a few league games.

I like your idea :thup: I've done 2 season in Gundo's challenge but I decide to wait abit before I posted mine as It takes a bit of time to do seasons but I never thought of using notepad;)

My updates in Gundo's thread are just updates so in career the whole layout/detail needs to change and planed out to get people to read ect so the time to plan is there also.

yeah, i found the problem with notepad is it just keeps going haha, so i moved to wordpad, which is better.

also ive gone through pre-season, and even though its gone quite badly, im enjoying it, and will probably post it soon.

yeah, i found the problem with notepad is it just keeps going haha, so i moved to wordpad, which is better.

also ive gone through pre-season, and even though its gone quite badly, im enjoying it, and will probably post it soon.

If you use Google Word, it has spell check, grammar check etc. Wordpad doesn't have either.

After a couple of weeks of following threads here, I have to say I'm enjoying the new forum. :thup: The main positive for me so far is that it has got me itching to start a career game as soon as possible! Alas, I'm too far into my challenge saves to get started now but I hope I get time to get round to it before the end of the summer. Or maybe I'll just continue one of my completed challenge saves over here. ;)

Since joining the site i have found myself drawn to this area of the forum. Im pretty sure i will start a thread soon, maybe just to test the water and see if people enjoy following and i enjoying playing the actual game and of course updating the thread regularly.

Im pretty sure i will start a thread soon, maybe just to test the water and see if people enjoy following and i enjoying playing the actual game and of course updating the thread regularly.

Just update at a pace that suits you mate - everyone does it different. And maybe play a few months at least, before posting - just to make sure it goes OK and you don't want to give up.

I'm delighted with the response this forum has had in the past 3 weeks :D In just under 3 weeks since it was set up, there's been 49 new career threads which in my opinion shows the demand is there and i hope this forum continue's. I, like other's have said above, find myself drawn to this part of the forum's more than any other now, whether that's to update my own thread or follow other people's thread. :thup:

Since joining the site i have found myself drawn to this area of the forum. Im pretty sure i will start a thread soon, maybe just to test the water and see if people enjoy following and i enjoying playing the actual game and of course updating the thread regularly.

Gotta to agree I really like coming in here and having a good read of some of the careers. If you start your own I would suggest getting the first season played first as you will then be able to decide if you are getting into your current save enough to keep updating about. Also just do it at your own pace I like to update in Jan and at that end of the season but now I am playing a bit less I might update once every few months.

Gotta to agree I really like coming in here and having a good read of some of the careers. If you start your own I would suggest getting the first season played first as you will then be able to decide if you are getting into your current save enough to keep updating about. Also just do it at your own pace I like to update in Jan and at that end of the season but now I am playing a bit less I might update once every few months.

Like LLM threads? play so many seasons then update? there's were 3 before, think its something stupid like play 10 seasons then you can post...unsure but i had previsously thought about some sort of restriction to posting until your firmly into your game. I'd done 4 seasons with Gateshead/Swansea but got bored of it, may return to it but i feel i'm firmly into my Cork Career.

Like LLM threads? play so many seasons then update? there's were 3 before, think its something stupid like play 10 seasons then you can post...unsure but i had previsously thought about some sort of restriction to posting until your firmly into your game. I'd done 4 seasons with Gateshead/Swansea but got bored of it, may return to it but i feel i'm firmly into my Cork Career.

As you probably know, the discussion occured about a minimum season rule when i started the thread about this new forum. I was one of the people who would've preferred a minimum season rule to stop people posting to never return but i have to say i think it's working with no rule in place. People that regularly update their post's get pushed to the top while the threads that aren't updated get pushed to the bottom of the page, which imo works quite well. As people said before, this way it isn't restrictive and everbody has a place to post then.

BTW, i'm following your Cork City thread and enjoying it, good work :thup:

Cracking forum - exactly what ive wanted (albeit silently) as ive never had the real desire to write a full story, yet at the same time I enjoy writing updates on my career and reading updates from other careers.

Some really excellent updates in this forum, apologies if ive not responded in many threads - im like alot of others, I read whilst playing FM so I dont tend to post until its time to do my update.

Excellent, I must've somehow missed the addition of this new forum (thanks for the 'heads up' in 'GD' Dafuge), which for a long while, I have felt agreement with those who pushed for it's creation. A much needed part of the board, which I'm sure I'll frequent regularly.

I'm just starting on summer holidays at the moment as have the kids coming to stay for school holidays, so FM time is going to be at a bare minimum, but I'll gladly contribute once september comes, and life resumes some semblance of normality. ;)

Ahhhhh

My most recent post should be deleted now because my game just randomlly crashed!!! :mad: :mad:

It said that a error crash dumps error thing!!

Damn it second time that has happened. First it was the cat and now this.

Ahhhhh

My most recent post should be deleted now because my game just randomlly crashed!!! :mad: :mad:

It said that a error crash dumps error thing!!

Damn it second time that has happened. First it was the cat and now this.

Don't suppose you kept a rolling save?

I'm pretty sure crash dump errors only occur when a third party/in game editor has been used. I may be wrong though.

Could be the case with FM09, although I've had them in the past and I've never even downloaded a save game editor, I don't think I've had any at all this year.

I assure all of you that I have not used the editor on this game at all.

@Tenthreeleader: I think there is one but it stopped rolling a while ago.

It's not that big a deal though but aannoying I have to play the same game for the 3rd time now.

I've had two issues with my FM09 save and I've never used an editor. Sometimes the save can just become corrupt.

Someone mentioned on these forums that an issue can occur if you save the game, exit and immediately put your laptop on standby or shutdown. Also, there can be issues if the hard drive on your computer becomes fragmented.

Have you run defrag on your computer recently Sax?

C.

By the way guys, there is a 'rate this thread' feature available in the forum. I think we should make use of it so newcomers can get a good impression of where to look for inspiration before starting their own threads. ;)

I've rated the threads I'm subscribed too already but I believe several ratings are required before the stars show up on the main page.

By the way guys, there is a 'rate this thread' feature available in the forum. I think we should make use of it so newcomers can get a good impression of where to look for inspiration before starting their own threads. ;)

I've rated the threads I'm subscribed too already but I believe several ratings are required before the stars show up on the main page.

Great point that, thread ratings are really useful in a forum like this :thup:

Get rating people :)

Archived