Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would give a thumbs-up to an awards ceremony, definitely. I think it really helps to build a spirit of community, as it certainly has in FMS.

I agree with with this, end of the year awards would be best.

CSE has awards too. I'd be happy to pick some other members to run them with me. Perhaps 1 a year, at the end of each calendar year, or do it like CSE, and run the awards with each new FM release.

I would be happy to help with this NepentheZ

Another 2 questions -

1. What is the rule regarding multiple careers?

2. Should their be a awards thing, much like the stories forum (I think) for best read etc

1. You can have multiple threads, just stay active i'd say.

2. Awards aren't a problem either, maybe start half of september. Nep you can contact me through PM or hotmail maybe if you want to do this.

Clarification: the FMS awards nomination and voting begin in September. Our actual ceremony last year was on 26 October.

Yup FMS awards are now towards the end of October, used to be late December early January but we moved it to coincide more with the FM year. Awards are fine, but in a forum as new as this they are a bit pointless until next year really.

Ha ha...i'm sure you'd love it Hursty! ;) Currently there are 38 'live' threads. Whilst this is encouraging especially with the forum being so new, in my opinion it's not enough to be handing out awards yet. Hopefully, in a few months the forum will catch on more so and more people will post, enabling there to be more 'contenders' for awards if awards are to be given.

In my view though, the less threads there are, the more chance I have of winning :D

So in all fairness, let the awards begin!

(P.S: Raware, you would probably win the award if it was given out now so keep quiet :D)

Seriously, you're just being silly if you think you should have awards any time before next October. There's no value in an awards ceremony that takes place weeks after a new forum starts at all. The forum isn't about winning awards, its about recording career games. Let the forum actually get a life before jumping into anything else.

(P.S: Raware, you would probably win the award if it was given out now so keep quiet :D)

Let them begin now then! :D

Seriously, you're just being silly if you think you should have awards any time before next October. There's no value in an awards ceremony that takes place weeks after a new forum starts at all. The forum isn't about winning awards, its about recording career games. Let the forum actually get a life before jumping into anything else.

Seriously though, i have to agree with Peacemaker. It would be silly to have awards any time soon. As he said, the forum isn't about winning awards (although it would be nice), it's about recording career's and hopefully building a community with people who share the same passion in playing fm the 'career way'.

the focus for the next few months is surely going to be progress for the overall forum, on average there's about 5 people viewing the forum at anyone time (just going on when I go in this forum, or CSE), as the months go on this forum can only grow into a bigger and better place for all involved.

I don't suppose there is any way a Mod can change the amount of images allowed in a post?

I have had to split my update in to two posts (in here) because I was only allowed to post 4 images instead of the 7 that I wanted to post. I think it would look tidier if I could have done it one post.

I don't suppose there is any way a Mod can change the amount of images allowed in a post?

I have had to split my update in to two posts (in here) because I was only allowed to post 4 images instead of the 7 that I wanted to post. I think it would look tidier if I could have done it one post.

Seconded. It's very annoying.

Meh he's won one award and thinks he knows :p

LOL ... I've won one-sixth of the awards you have, PM, but at least I have the good sense to agree with you!

...I've won four, by the way. Which ought to tell you something about PM.

A question for my followers. If a team that has never [or rarely] been in the N. Irish leagues gets promoted, should I take over them, and play with 2 clubs? It would add a little excitement, perhaps, if I could fast track them to the NIP, and a team as good as mine, and do it with a few others over the next 15-20 seasons, to make the league more competitive, the quality of N. Irish players a lot better, and hopfully really start bringing up the coefficients and world rankings of N. Ireland..

Just a quick poll here for those of you that have read my thread.

Is there anything that makes it unattatractive or bad. I seem to be getting hardly ant comments compared to Raware and AcidBurn, although I know they have their styles. Any suggestions?

P.S Didn't want this to clog my thread up so I posted here if this is bad I can post in my thread

I think your style is good, and you shouldn't make any significant changes to how you do your updates just to attract more comments. I read a lot of the Careers in here, but don't always comment, that's not because they're bad, but generally depends what mood I'm in, whether I'm just reading it to past time of uploads etc.

I agree with Paul. I also read a lot of the careers on here and don't always comment.

Sometimes you are enjoying the career but you can't always think of what to say. You can't always keep writing 'keep up the good work' all of the time.

On another subject, I was thinking of creating a career thread of my own at some point in the near future. Can anyone tell me how I can embed an image in a post? I just want to be able to put a club badge up like the rest of you have.

C.

On another subject, I was thinking of creating a career thread of my own at some point in the near future. Can anyone tell me how I can embed an image in a post? I just want to be able to put a club badge up like the rest of you have.

C.

[img>http://address of image/[img> and obviously substitute < with [ :thup:

EDIT: example, here's my Maracana IMGhttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/Nerazzurri07/Fluminense%20FC/maracana.jpg/IMG

put [ and ] before and after img and /img. Hope that makes more sense!!

[img>http://address of image/[img> and obviously substitute < with [ :thup:

EDIT: example, here's my Maracana IMGhttp://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/Nerazzurri07/Fluminense%20FC/maracana.jpg/IMG

put [ and ] before and after img and /img. Hope that makes more sense!!

To put it simply, just put the below each side of a link and replace { with [

{img} {/img}

Just a quick poll here for those of you that have read my thread.

Is there anything that makes it unattatractive or bad. I seem to be getting hardly ant comments compared to Raware and AcidBurn, although I know they have their styles. Any suggestions?

P.S Didn't want this to clog my thread up so I posted here if this is bad I can post in my thread

You shouldn't change your update style just to attract more comments. It's up to you how you tell your story and tell it which ever way suits you best. Whilst it's nice to receive comments from other's, it's not the be all and end all. As Paul and C. said, i've also read every thread on this forum and am enjoying each one for their own reasons but i don't comment on every one. I wouldn't want to comment on every one saying KUTGW as it would just turn into spamming.

I'm enjoying your thread the way you're doing it. In my opinion keep doing what you're doing, from the amount of views it's had it's clear that people are enjoying it.

Not sure whether to start a thread for my new save now or to wait and see how I get on with it.

My instinct is to hold off in case it's just a 'false start' and start it after I've played six months or perhaps a season.

I don't want to start the thread only to abandon it shortly afterwards. After all, you can't force a save to become great.

Any advice people?

C.

Not sure whether to start a thread for my new save now or to wait and see how I get on with it.

My instinct is to hold off in case it's just a 'false start' and start it after I've played six months or perhaps a season.

I don't want to start the thread only to abandon it shortly afterwards. After all, you can't force a save to become great.

Any advice people?

C.

Although I have started my thread I'd actually agree with you mate! Better to wait a few months.

:thdn:

:mad:

C.

;):D

I'd probably wait if i was you until i was certain it was a game i would be playing or i'd be wasting my time in creating a thread only for me to abandon it after a few games.

Archived