Real Life Career Updates?

calcal

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am back after 2months of no internet as i moved into a flat with my gf. Still been playing FM, including saves with Horsham, Lubeck, Calais and a Singapore team. I'm looking to get back into a decent save that i can update in this forum and i've downloaded a created database where the Faroe Islands have been added instead of the Peruvian leagues. What are peoples views on making updates on a save in here with a Faroese team?

What are peoples views on making updates on a save in here with a Faroese team?

Go for it :thup:

This forum has no restrictions on edited databases or even using 'cheat' utilities. As long as you mention it in your opening post so people know what is going on then it's not a problem.

Right on Fm10 when its released im going to start a LLM type career which will hopefuly take me to the top. And well what would you say is the best way in writing up about it> Say play a month or two then right about it and post as an update or type it up on word then post as one? As your the ones hopefully going to be reading it i thought id ask.

I would say it depends on how often you can post and keep it interesting. If I posted more than once a season, I wouldn't be able to think of anything to say! Whereas some of the guys on here can write really good threads updating after every match. It's down to personal preference really, just keep it interesting!

Right on Fm10 when its released im going to start a LLM type career which will hopefuly take me to the top. And well what would you say is the best way in writing up about it> Say play a month or two then right about it and post as an update or type it up on word then post as one? As your the ones hopefully going to be reading it i thought id ask.

Personally I keep it down to season reviews and major stories like job moves, stadium expansions etc. In my opinion, you should restrict yourself to the stuff people will be interested in since this forum is more about what is going on in your game than the writing style. I doubt that many people would be interested in constant monthly updates with every match result in them.

We interrupt this discussion for a friendly word from your cousins at FMS. :D

There was talk at one point about awards for this forum, after you get your feet on the ground a bit. To show you how we do it, you're invited to the 2009 FMS Awards Extravaganza, Beach Party and Clam Bake, to be held in our part of the forums on Sunday, 25th October beginning at or about 8:00 p.m. GMT.

(Okay, maybe not those last two ....)

Carry on!

Deadly.

Im predicting a deluge of new threads to coincide with the new game.

I'm still not sure what to do come release day. I'm really enjoying my current save, but at the same time I'm itching to get a new one going with Corby Town now they're in the BSN. I may run both for a while and see how it pans out.

I'm still not sure what to do come release day. I'm really enjoying my current save, but at the same time I'm itching to get a new one going with Corby Town now they're in the BSN. I may run both for a while and see how it pans out.

I'll be starting a new game on release day for my challenge with the aim of playing it for the entire year. Should be good to have a thread start in here rather than just transferring a load of it from elsewhere.

I'll be starting a new game on release day for my challenge with the aim of playing it for the entire year. Should be good to have a thread start in here rather than just transferring a load of it from elsewhere.

I'd really like to just have the one save all year this time around. I've only had the 2 on FM09, which is far fewer than I've ever had in the past, but I have visions of starting with Corby on release day and that being my only save.

I'd really like to just have the one save all year this time around. I've only had the 2 on FM09, which is far fewer than I've ever had in the past, but I have visions of starting with Corby on release day and that being my only save.

I think I may have done it with FM09 had my laptop not died. Instead I had three, all of which you can read about in this forum.

who will people be choosing for there careers. im stuck in picking a team.

I'll be picking the nearest BSS/BSN team to my front door. In FM09 that was King's Lynn, this time around it'll be Corby Town. So I'll be starting there on launch day with a view to that being my only FM10 save.

Hi Dafuge,

Is your challenge likely to be set much lower down the non league pyramid this year considering the potential with the Competition editor? Or do you expect it to continue with just the leagues in the original release?

Hi Dafuge,

Is your challenge likely to be set much lower down the non league pyramid this year considering the potential with the Competition editor? Or do you expect it to continue with just the leagues in the original release?

He might not make any adjustments, as he stated from here.

Hi Dafuge,

Although I haven't made a final decision, I'm fairly sure my challenge will stay as it is. That's not to say there won't be a challenge using the editor, just that I probably won't be involved in it.

Unemployed with the aim of ending up at Norwich?

It's always been the aim.. :cool:

If you are going to post in here about it then starting unemployed would probably be a more interesting read.

Thanks for that, will proably do that anyway, currently doing a Norwich save with the demo to quell my thirst..

Norwich with the chances of being unemployed? :D

:D

who will people be choosing for there careers. im stuck in picking a team.

Lurgan Celtic (Northern Irish 2nd division)

They have the same logo as Celtic :D.

But I will be making one change:

- Putting all Northern Irish sides as Professional (well at least the Premier Division :p)

I will keep you updated with end of season reviews :)

Am stuck with who to do too, got three choices as I see it:

1. Spurs

Pro - Glamourous, money to spend, no rules on Internationals

Cons - Been there, done that, lacks a good challenge

2. Dafuge's Challenge

Pro - Good community, challenging

Cons - No International mgmt, no moving clubs

3. Career Game

Pro - Can do what I want

Cons - Lacks interest from others making it boring?

2. Dafuge's Challenge

You could always start doing this, then stop and start moving clubs and taking on international jobs. International management is actually allowed once you have completed the challenge, I've had a pretty good international career alongside my Dartford game.

Well because I've never done International management in FM09 for some reason; it's made me more interested in doing it this time around, so I'd want to do it from the start. However it going to be a couple of weeks before I start this game due to a holiday so I'll probably change my mind and do what you done with Dartford - plus if it goes as well as last year I'll not want to move clubs :p

Am stuck with who to do too, got three choices as I see it:

1. Spurs

Pro - Glamourous, money to spend, no rules on Internationals

Cons - Been there, done that, lacks a good challenge

2. Dafuge's Challenge

3. Career Game

Pro - Can do what I want

Cons - Lacks interest from others making it boring?

Not if you post it here.

Who is going to do new a career thread and with what club this FM?

I'm going to start with Lyon and hopefully will also be posting in here about it.

I'll be starting a new career game with Corby Town on launch day, as well as keeping my current FM09 save going.

True MeLikeFM ;)

I think I'll stick with Dafuge's challenge but might still post updates about it in here as well like Dafuge did with Dartford, although it depends how much time I have to do proper updates. Currently plan to start as Truro, although if the rumours about their poor reputation are true then Tonbridge Angels will be my spare choice. Hopefully I won't change my mind now although it will be around two-weeks before I can play due to holiday.

Have we had any more thought going into whether a Awards Ceremony is going to take place this year (unlikely I know) or next year?

To be honest my opinion is that we have enough careers to begin an awards night, evan if it only covers a few catagories.

eg:

Best Career

Best Writer

Best Lay Out

Rough suggestions but giving my idea on the subject..

I don't think there's much point, this forum has only been up for a few months. I can't see the point in having an Awards Ceremony for the sake of having one, I think next year around the summer is the best time for award ceremonies as the game has been out long enough and there's still enough interest in it (this is what happens in the Challenges, Sign Up and Experiments' forum).

Have we had any more thought going into whether a Awards Ceremony is going to take place this year (unlikely I know) or next year?

This forum has only been around for a few months, I think it would be much better to give it one full year before introducing an awards ceremony.

Most of the threads in here are quite short or have been written retrospectively for games which have already been played, people haven't really had the opportunity to create brilliant career threads. A full year with FM10 will mean a whole load of new threads written 'live' from the very start, which will be a lot more interesting than what we currently have.

I think this forum is really going to pick up once the new game is released, I expect a lot more active threads than we currently have.

Another reason for waiting is that this forum doesn't have too many people following it at the moment, there only ever seems to be 3 or 4 people viewing it. An awards ceremony really needs a much bigger user base for it to work, which we may have after FM10.

Pardon my butting in, gentlemen, but if you want a completely unsolicited opinion, you're probably a year or so away from being really ready for an awards presentation.

Just a reminder also that the FMS Awards are being presented tonight at 8:00 p.m. GMT. As a way to get your thinking started should you go down that route, here's a reminder of the awards we're giving our writers:

Best Short Story

Best Challenge Story

Best Super League / Fantasy Story

Best Story Idea

Most Missed FMSer (obviously you can't do this one yet)

FMS Hall of Fame Voting

Best International Management Story

Best "Rest of World" Story (i.e. outside Europe)

Best "Rest of Europe" Story (i.e. outside Home Nations)

Best Celtic Story (and no, that's not Old Firm - it's Ireland and Scotland)

Best English Story

Best Story Character

Funniest Story

Funniest Writer

Best Newcomer

Story of the Year

Writer of the Year

FMSer of the Year

Hope to see some of you there! Bring your blindfold ... the 'location' of this year's awards is a closely guarded secret!

ttl

I'll certainly be posting in here once FM10 launches properly! Ive always taken over Liverpool until last year when I took over Southport and made it all the way to the CCC before a user malfunction when rebuilding my computer :(

Ill be off back to Haig Avenue on friday and aiming to take them all the way to the Premiership and into Europe :cool:

Archived