Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
KUBI

Simple questions about editing - just ask in this thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, krlenjushka said:

If you reload database you need to load that file again if you want to make more changes to that file.

Ok i try to see if i start a new career, is there a way to put the changes into an excisting save game?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, FortunaSC said:

Ok i try to see if i start a new career, is there a way to put the changes into an excisting save game?

 

No you need to start new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added a bunch of new leagues to a country.

I started a new career game late to have a look... In the under 18 league, half of the leagues teams have played double the amount of games as the other teams.

Did I add or miss something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, johnsmith101 said:

I'd like to reinstate a club that is listed as extinct in the database.

Click the checkbox next to extinct and then replace an existing team with the team you just revived.

One warning, the team starts without money or players or stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I will ask in here instead of creating a new topic.

Does anyone have any knowledge if a similar edited database exists?

All English divisions are 24 teams, with 4 relegations and 4 promotions throughout.

Just had a thought that this would be quite fun to play, it wouldn't affect European places in the PL.

Not sure it would have any impact on cup competitions?

Obviously it's a long shot this database exists... but if not, any idea how easy it would be to do?

I have ZERO experience with the editor.

E: I am happy to start a new topic if people advise it, I don't want this request/question to get lost.

Edited by WillHoward42

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WillHoward42 said:

I will ask in here instead of creating a new topic.

Does anyone have any knowledge if a similar edited database exists?

All English divisions are 24 teams, with 4 relegations and 4 promotions throughout.

Just had a thought that this would be quite fun to play, it wouldn't affect European places in the PL.

Not sure it would have any impact on cup competitions?

Obviously it's a long shot this database exists... but if not, any idea how easy it would be to do?

I have ZERO experience with the editor.

E: I am happy to start a new topic if people advise it, I don't want this request/question to get lost.

In order to do this without completely rebuilding everything you need to use the advanced rules panel. Load the default database after opening up the editor and click on Rules > Add Nation Rules > Add Lower Divisions And Cups To Existing Structures > England. Then go back to Rules and click 'Convert to Advanced Rules'. That'll bring up a big list of all competitions that are run in England. I'd recommend having a look around and getting familiar with all the parts of the advanced rules and what they do, at least to a certain level, before you start trying to edit competitions.

If I were you I'd start by moving 4 teams from the Championship to the Premier League, then 4 from League 1 to the Championship, then 4 from League 2 to League 1 (plus re-adding Bury to League 1), then 4 from League 2 to League 1, 4 from the Conference to League 2, etc. While doing this you need to make sure that all lower leagues (even ones that can't be selected in-game) have at least their minimum number of teams (you can check this by looking in the advanced rules at List > England > Required Teams - don't forget to change the required number for any leagues that you've edited to 24).

Once that's done you can go into the settings of individual leagues and edit their promotion and relegation places (and playoffs if you want to get rid of them). The advanced rules section can seem complicated but editing promotion and relegation numbers isn't too difficult to get started with.

You're right that it won't affect European competition qualification, but it will definitely affect some cup competitions. For example, you've added 4 teams to the professional league structure so the EFL Cup will have to be tweaked. Similarly, you'll probably have to change the FA Cup and FA Trophy slightly but I'm not sure about that, and you may have to edit some reserve leagues too. Just save your changes and verify the rules regularly so you know where things are going wrong, and create a topic in the advanced rules section of this forum if you run into any issues that you don't know how to fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bundesliga changed the minimum age of players. I'd like to change this in FM too, but I can't find where. Help please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mesousa said:

The Bundesliga changed the minimum age of players. I'd like to change this in FM too, but I can't find where. Help please?

That was recently discussed here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, thanks! I had searched but missed that somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have bought the editor minutes ago because I made an error and did not want to start all over again.

I have agreed to join another team at the end of a season but I see that the agreed date is about a month before my current competition ends. 

Is there a way to change the date I join the other club? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Canbuorgh said:

I have bought the editor minutes ago because I made an error and did not want to start all over again.

I have agreed to join another team at the end of a season but I see that the agreed date is about a month before my current competition ends. 

Is there a way to change the date I join the other club? 

There's no way to change the date you join the other club using the in-game editor. However, you can just move yourself back to the club you were originally at, complete the season, then move yourself to the club you wish to join.

It's not a particularly elegant solution, and it will leave your biography looking a bit strange, but as far as I know it's the only thing you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

There's no way to change the date you join the other club using the in-game editor. However, you can just move yourself back to the club you were originally at, complete the season, then move yourself to the club you wish to join.

It's not a particularly elegant solution, and it will leave your biography looking a bit strange, but as far as I know it's the only thing you can do.

Thanks very much for the answer. Honestly, I am desperate to finish the last couple of games before I move so bio is not such a big problem.

The issue is I cannot find my manager, name etc via the editor. This is probably a very simple problem to solve but I have no experience using the editor. How can I move myself with the editor?

Thanks very much once again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Canbuorgh said:

Thanks very much for the answer. Honestly, I am desperate to finish the last couple of games before I move so bio is not such a big problem.

The issue is I cannot find my manager, name etc via the editor. This is probably a very simple problem to solve but I have no experience using the editor. How can I move myself with the editor?

Thanks very much once again.

Load your save and click on 'My Profile' (you can access this from the homepage). When you're there click on the in-game editor dropdown menu and you should see an option called 'Move to Other Club'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Load your save and click on 'My Profile' (you can access this from the homepage). When you're there click on the in-game editor dropdown menu and you should see an option called 'Move to Other Club'.

That does it. Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question about creating a retro database. I’m currently working on a 98/99 era database and I’m unsure about implementing rules regarding European qualification. It’s outside of my skill range as an editor!

More specifically, the FA Carling Premiership, as it was back then, only allowed the top 3 teams to qualify for the Champions League rather than the 4 we have today. The team finishing third in the league entered the third qualifying round of the competition the following season. Can I change the rules of the English Premier League in the editor to accommodate this? I’d also be looking to change what league positions qualify for the UEFA Cup (Europa League) and the now defunct Intertoto Cup. And finally I’d need to change what teams from around Europe begin the first season in-game in the various European competitions.

Is any of this achievable? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello, is it possible to modify a game in progress to add some derbies or rename one existing between 2 clubs ?

I know how to add a rivalry via the in-game editor but i have not seen an option for derbies.

Edited by faeyll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, faeyll said:

Hello, is it possible to modify a game in progress to add some derbies or rename one existing between 2 clubs ?

I know how to add a rivalry via the in-game editor but i have not seen an option for derbies.

Are you sure?

1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JamesC86 said:

Quick question about creating a retro database. I’m currently working on a 98/99 era database and I’m unsure about implementing rules regarding European qualification. It’s outside of my skill range as an editor!

More specifically, the FA Carling Premiership, as it was back then, only allowed the top 3 teams to qualify for the Champions League rather than the 4 we have today. The team finishing third in the league entered the third qualifying round of the competition the following season. Can I change the rules of the English Premier League in the editor to accommodate this? I’d also be looking to change what league positions qualify for the UEFA Cup (Europa League) and the now defunct Intertoto Cup. And finally I’d need to change what teams from around Europe begin the first season in-game in the various European competitions.

Is any of this achievable? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check this thread. Maybe what you want is already done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

Check this thread. Maybe what you want is already done.

 

That is perfect, thanks mate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JamesC86 said:

That is perfect, thanks mate!

I have the format created already, and having looked at the distribution of teams it seems all you would need to do is adjust the nation rankings in the editor so England drop a couple of places and get less teams :thup:

 

Edited by Carlito85

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I able to change a players position in the in game editor? Asking before I purchase. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to add custom kits to a custom database team? I downloaded the lower league database and wish to add a custom kit to the team I’m managing but can’t seem to find out how. I’ve always been able to add kits to existing clubs from the downloaded kits and logos ect but I can’t seem to find anywhere for custom database teams. Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedJonnyBoy said:

Am I able to change a players position in the in game editor? Asking before I purchase. 

You can, yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Are you sure?

1.png

Thanks, but i am looking for a way to add/modify derbies in a current game, are you aware of a process to do that passing by the in-game editor or modifying game files ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, faeyll said:

Thanks, but i am looking for a way to add/modify derbies in a current game, are you aware of a process to do that passing by the in-game editor or modifying game files ?

Aha, that way. No, that's not possible as far as I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this. I'm trying to make some cross country/continent cups for club's first team's, reserves and youth teams (different cups for different age groups) mainly to give the reserve's and youth teams more games to play and i was wondering if someone could help me with a couple of things or could direct me to any video's/articles to do the following things as i'm struggling with them please?.

Can you set cups to only take teams that finished in set positions in a given league the previous season?

How do you make cups specifically for the youth teams (under 23's, B, II, Under 19's) please?  is it the same for cups with teams from multiple countries in them?

Do all clubs in any cups have to have the same type of reserve's/youth team age groups in them or can they be mixed as different countries call teams of the same type different things?

Is it possible to make cups for 1 continent or group of countries frrom a specific continent but have teams from a completely different continent compete in the same cups e.g. a cup for european teams that has a few south american teams in it?

Many Thanks

Dai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so in database competitions i've added my leagues, but they don't show up in nation rules divisions.  how can i get them to appear so i can add them and run tests?

image.png

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, tempthrows said:

so in database competitions i've added my leagues, but they don't show up in nation rules divisions.  how can i get them to appear so i can add them and run tests?

image.png

image.png

Have you changed the type to be 'Domestic Division'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Have you changed the type to be 'Domestic Division'?

wasn't the issue, i didn't have teams all set up n whatnot.  now i've got all 4 divisions working but i'm getting this weird error

image.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I want to use the pre game editor (never used it before) to have a little fun with my local team. Am I able to use a custom database where I load the  lower leagues of England before I start editing or do I have to use the standard 20.4 database? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tempthrows said:

wasn't the issue, i didn't have teams all set up n whatnot.  now i've got all 4 divisions working but i'm getting this weird error

image.png

That's a bit strange. Are you completely rebuilding competitions in the USA? If so that could be messing with the continental cup qualification. If I were you I'd finish setting up your competitions and then try and fix the qualification issue using the advanced rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RedJonnyBoy said:

So I want to use the pre game editor (never used it before) to have a little fun with my local team. Am I able to use a custom database where I load the  lower leagues of England before I start editing or do I have to use the standard 20.4 database? 

Depends on the team and the level they play. If they are in the vanilla game, 20.4 is the database to go. If they are not in the game, check out the English databases in the download section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've asked a couple of questions on here recently as I'm just trying to do something different as the game is getting older. I think I've finally decided what I'd like to do as a final save. I'm going to edit a 2nd tier team in one of the big countries. All I want to do is give that team the best youth facilities, junior coaching and youth recruitment and maybe a little extra cash. The main thing I want though is when I start the save, I want there to be some regens generated without having to wait for the first intake. Is this possible? If so, how do I do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No regens are created before the intake, unless you add someone in the editor yourself. But those aren't regens obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all. Like many of you, I create kits for my teams, and will often create a new one every few seasons or so to keep the game fresh and help make it feel exciting when new kits are used. This also means I like to experiment with the colours of Away and Third kits. In my Fulham save, I keep their white and black Home kit, of course. But I want to change their red Away kit and navy Third kit. I have created a number of different kits that love to use in game, however when it comes to game time, the Away kit shows as my created kit but the players all wear the red kit still. Same with the Third kit; the new shirt shows but they use the navy one. Can someone help me get around this so i can see the team play in the new colours? Thank you in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, barrenjoey14 said:

Hello all. Like many of you, I create kits for my teams, and will often create a new one every few seasons or so to keep the game fresh and help make it feel exciting when new kits are used. This also means I like to experiment with the colours of Away and Third kits. In my Fulham save, I keep their white and black Home kit, of course. But I want to change their red Away kit and navy Third kit. I have created a number of different kits that love to use in game, however when it comes to game time, the Away kit shows as my created kit but the players all wear the red kit still. Same with the Third kit; the new shirt shows but they use the navy one. Can someone help me get around this so i can see the team play in the new colours? Thank you in advance!

You'd be better off asking this in the skinning forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Can you set a future transfer in the official in game editor or can you only do that in the pre game editor?

Edited by Gee_Simpson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I'm new here (both in the forum and in the game and the editing world), so this might sound like a basic question but I didn't find an answer to it.

I want to use several custom data files from here and other sources, but I also want to edit some variables myself. How does the game works when two .fmf files in the data_editor folder edit the same variable? For example, let's say I use a custom data file for transfers and other edits. That file is kilometric and checking one by one if the player or manager I want to modify is already edited would take me hours. I just prefer to have my own .fmf file with all those changes and that the game prioritizes it when creating the new save. What should I do to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Can you set a future transfer in the official in game editor or can you only do that in the pre game editor?

Yeah you can. When you click on 'Move to My Club' or 'Move to Other Club' you will usually get the option to set a price and a future date for the transfer to take place on. If you're trying to do this with an old player (I'd say 37+ but it could be younger) the game sometimes just moves them across without giving you those options.

9 hours ago, Nahuelzn said:

Hello I'm new here (both in the forum and in the game and the editing world), so this might sound like a basic question but I didn't find an answer to it.

I want to use several custom data files from here and other sources, but I also want to edit some variables myself. How does the game works when two .fmf files in the data_editor folder edit the same variable? For example, let's say I use a custom data file for transfers and other edits. That file is kilometric and checking one by one if the player or manager I want to modify is already edited would take me hours. I just prefer to have my own .fmf file with all those changes and that the game prioritizes it when creating the new save. What should I do to accomplish this?

Thanks!

You can search through the people in the fmf file to see if they've been changed. Set a filter for 'Number of Changes' to be at least 1. Then it should be a lot easier to see if players have already been edited. I'm not sure if there's a way to prioritise a separate fmf file when the game starts, but I'm sure someone else will be able to let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Unknown Hacker said:

Yeah you can. When you click on 'Move to My Club' or 'Move to Other Club' you will usually get the option to set a price and a future date for the transfer to take place on. If you're trying to do this with an old player (I'd say 37+ but it could be younger) the game sometimes just moves them across without giving you those options.

Ah nice one, thanks :) I was thinking of restarting my save to include Werner's future transfer to Chelsea (which is now in the balance again), but this option will save me from having to do that. If it goes through irl then I'll just buy the IGE and set his future transfer :thup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi all, 

Just downloaded danfm's lower league file. I wanted to replace a team low down on the pyramid with one I'm going to create, but I can't open the .fmf file in the editor. Is there a way to do this?

---

Worked it out, but will leave this here for others. You open the standard database file, and then once that's opened under 'file' you can 'open editor data'. That's where you can open the .fmf.

Edited by j000e

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

How do i set a particular team as being the hosts of a cup e.g. if i was creating the Emirates Cup (the pre-season tournament hosted by Arsenal) or any of the other numerous pre-season competitions hosted by set clubs, how would i set any of these clubs as the hosts of their respective cups in the editor please?

Many thanks

Dai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Dai35 said:

Hi all,

How do i set a particular team as being the hosts of a cup e.g. if i was creating the Emirates Cup (the pre-season tournament hosted by Arsenal) or any of the other numerous pre-season competitions hosted by set clubs, how would i set any of these clubs as the hosts of their respective cups in the editor please?

Many thanks

Dai

You can set each round in the cup to be played at a particular stadium. It's easily done in the basic rules. Click 'Add Nation Rules' then 'Add Lower Divisions And Cups To Existing Structure' and select England from the dropdown list. Go to 'Cups' and add your created cup. Then once you've added your cup go to 'Cup Rounds' and you can change the stadium setting to 'Specific Stadium' which allows you to select the Emirates as the host for every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Unknown Hacker said:

You can set each round in the cup to be played at a particular stadium. It's easily done in the basic rules. Click 'Add Nation Rules' then 'Add Lower Divisions And Cups To Existing Structure' and select England from the dropdown list. Go to 'Cups' and add your created cup. Then once you've added your cup go to 'Cup Rounds' and you can change the stadium setting to 'Specific Stadium' which allows you to select the Emirates as the host for every game.

Thank you for this, i've never tried to set a cup to be playd at a set stadium before so had no clue where to find it.

Many Thanks

Dai

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

How do you change the data analysis facilities in pre-game editor? or even in game editor?

Edited by craiigman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swap it with a team you think more at home in the Scottish leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Swap it with a team you think more at home in the Scottish leagues.

I tried that but when I go to select Motherwell in the English League it is greyed out and I cannot choose them

Capture.JPG

Edited by Johnm1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...