Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, KUBI said:

Do you really think nobody did try that? 

Don't need to be rude, I was just trying my luck. I asked cuz I've seen some people not getting any announcements about leaving the agreement but I haven't seen anyone actually say anything about simming it for the full duration to 2026 to test whether it works or not.

So far the only thing that seems to work is to set the announcement date to 2100 with a 100% chance. This will generate the news that the UK is not longer leaving the EU in the first or second season.

2 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

This is what I tried, but there was no league stage set up at all in the end.

I have stage 0 as a group stage, regionalised groups, and fixtures between groups. This apparently works fine. I did as you suggest and ask to process the results into stage 1 (the league.

In stage 1, I make sure to not add fixtures (there does not need to be any). This stage never appears in the game.

Stage 1 also needs teams and "get teams from division" and you need to set rounds in the stage 1 and tick the first "create fixtures" box and untick the second "create fixtures" box. Same goes for the "champions" boxes above the "create fixtures". You also need to have these stages run simultaneously so don't set Stage 1 -> requirements (stage 0).

15 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

Stage 1 also needs teams and "get teams from division" and you need to set rounds in the stage 1 and tick the first "create fixtures" box and untick the second "create fixtures" box. Same goes for the "champions" boxes above the "create fixtures". You also need to have these stages run simultaneously so don't set Stage 1 -> requirements (stage 0).

Thanks very much, I shall give it a go this evening.

6 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Thanks very much, I shall give it a go this evening.

You're welcome. Although I think the rounds may be a problem, I don't know how you can select the right amound of rounds. So it's probably going to give an error but you can explain everything in further detail in order for us to help you.

im having trouble with my USA database, its stop generating fixtures for the next season at random intervals.  i  think maybe due to a canadian based team winning a champions league slot.  Is there anway to turn off the amway canadian championship requirement, it reticks itself when i try to make it extinct and move the teams in question to "continental cup nation - USA" instead.   Id like to not have to a 2nd set of nation rules if i can or can i remove canadas spot from the CONCACAF? 

Apologies for posting this here, but I've not had too much luck with my own thread over the last couple of weeks. I've gotten my UEFA file close to fully functional, but I have 2 specific problems that I just can't seem to fix in the editor:

- First season, Europa League first qualifying round picks up only some winners from the Intertoto, not all of them (it should be getting the 8 winning teams from round 3). It also grabs 1 or 2 losing teams for some reason
- Every season following, Europa League first qualifying round picks up no Intertoto winners and instead just grabs multiple teams from one nation at random

Would anybody be willing to take a look at the file and tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Much thanks to anybody who can help at all.

UEFA Competitions - 2 Group Phase Format_C5887992-3BEF-448A-86F3-78F1BCD4FA6D.fmf

Hi I'm making a club-only database, I have managed to delete all the international competitions, but I want to stop the game from creating international friendlies, I don't want the national teams playing any games at any level. Is there any way of doing this?

Thanks,

Muted

4 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

How do I create conferences in fm17.. when I mean conferences I mean like mls where they have east and west?

You can create a league with groups.

On 13/12/2016 at 14:18, Slabbekoorn said:

You're welcome. Although I think the rounds may be a problem, I don't know how you can select the right amound of rounds. So it's probably going to give an error but you can explain everything in further detail in order for us to help you.

Both stages now work, even if they so far do not get past a single season. 

Hi, 

my name is Federico and i'm a super admin in www.football-manager.it, the italian community!

I am preparing a custom database.
The main competition is divided into two phases, the first is a league of 18 teams with two legs. The second is a phase of the playoff with the first 8 classified.
I want to try to pair 1-8, 4-5, 3-6 and 2-7, but I can't do it. Also worst classified teams must play at home the first leg of the playoffs. As a final rule,  better ranking team in the league, in the event of a draw after extra time, it will qualify to the next step.
I hope you can help me.
Possibly tell me if you need screenshoot of my editor changes.

Best regards, Federico

Hi All,

I've been working on a Level 10 database since the game came out. I did one last year although I only shared it with friends at the time, although it was relatively successful using the basic rules, it never quite matched my high expectations so I decided against published it. So this year I have decided to do it again but this time purely with Advanced Rules, such that I can almost make it like real life, and if it's successful I will publish this year. However given this is the first year I have tried to seriously use the Advanced Rules, I'm struggling to get certain things right, with my lack of experience.

Initially I have spent the early part of my time just building up the database with the teams, kits, regional boundaries, attendances and reputations for every team and so on. Although I still have some of the Level 9 and Level 10 leagues data waiting to input this weekend, I wanted to try and practice to get the structure right otherwise my work on everything else would be meaningless.

The issue I have is the following:

Last night I added the Regional Premier Divisions with what I think is the appropriate Promotion and Relegation to/from Vanarama National North/South. I've verified the file but when I load the game even though I can choose down to the Regional Premier Division, I can't select a team from those divisions but I can't work out what I have not done? If I can get this bit right, I can then hopefully do the rest of it relatively quickly and sort out the national cup competitions.

Is anyone able to assist as to why this is? The test file is attached, I have a back up just in case so it's no problem if I need to start the league structure again.

Cheers

Schume

Test2_F77D44CD-2249-41F7-BDFF-6D15006328B9.fmf

1 hour ago, pedrosantos said:

hello

is it possible to edit / see the world club cup rules on the editor ?

That should be possible yea. Kingrobbo explained that if you set the competition to a specific nation, add nation rules (lower leagues to existing nation), then convert to advanced editor rules the competition will show up with everything available to see.

17 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

That should be possible yea. Kingrobbo explained that if you set the competition to a specific nation, add nation rules (lower leagues to existing nation), then convert to advanced editor rules the competition will show up with everything available to see.

Thanks Carlito :thup:

I have 4 divisional league cups, playing finals on the same date.  If i set the final to 'National Stadium' on the basic editor, will they all try and play at the same place or will the game spread them out to diff national/host stadiums? 

I am belatedly attempting to create my own nation after being inspired by LewisQ's ventures and have a few questions

Is there any quicker way to create amateur leagues below my top two divisions? I really don't care about the names and such but don't really want have to take countless hours for teams not really needed. They are simply there to provide numbers in cup competitions and create a broader player base.

If I have empty teams, select 'add players to playable teams' are they the only players that will be added to the game? I am planning from only having players from my nation allowed to play in the league so that could be a problem if I only have the players from the 34 professional clubs.

Should be second division be the the 'Secondary Division' tab or simply the 'Divisions' tab?

If I put the history of a competition complete with past winners, will it come up in game how many times that team has won that competition or do I have to put it in the club honours as well?

If I schedule my cup final for a certain day, will it stick to that day or move around slightly depending on the year? Want to follow the Christmas Cup module

Hi 

I'm Currently working on editing a database ( FIFA World League ) from chucklechuck ( original Topic Here ) , My goal is to get reserve/u18 leagues fully work ,the original database has a bug? where Italians team's reserve don't participate to the reserve league the first year , also some team like barcelona have a B team that doesn't participate to the reserve league because they are already in the lower spanish league , well that wasn't a big deal I fixed it by removing every B/II/u21 teams and switching all the players to their main team , released the staff and then extinct the B team. I created every reserve/u18 division manually and that fixed Italian team's reserve problem . I didn't use the original way to create reserve/u18 leagues ( regional division ) because for some reason the game also create a u18 cup in which some teams are missing.. 

Now I was all happy , everything looked fine , I load up a game and the first reserve/u18 match day the game crashes... , I really don't know why , I tried to change some stuff and tested again with no success , What's weird is If I only load the 2 top division There is no crash at the match day , So yeah im kinda lost on this one , Why would it work with the first two division and not with lower one. IF anyone want to look at it here's the link Google Drive

It took me so much time to create all those leagues and to remove all the B teams it would be really a shame to not get the database work...

Hi guys, I'm currently attempting to make what I like to call a "British Regional League" database. It is made up of eleven regional divisions (all on the same tier) and has a hell of a lot of cups: the only thing that I am struggling with is to create an end-of-season final... The sort of thing that takes place following the end of the primary campaign in MLS/A-League.

The competition has been created and does show up in game, but it just doesn't ever actually happen - as you will soon see from the screenshots. 

If you guys know how to help me out, I would be eternally grateful! Cheers - Luke James.

20161222160206_1.jpg

20161222170101_1.jpg

"Get League Stage Teams (in Final Positions)" doesn't work for Bundesliga. My competitions won't be created with that rules. I can fix it with "Get League Stage Teams" only, but then FM uses teams which are currently on this positions (not on the end of the last season). Setup date of my competition is 5th January and that isn't acceptable for my competition.

Bundesliga have relegation playoff, maybe league stage is problem, but I don't know how to fix it.

Any idea?

bBjuQeX.jpg

I'm trying to add the Israeli lower divisions.
The Israeli 3rd tier, called A League consists of 2 regions (North Division and South Division). The top team from each division promotes to the 2nd tier. Positions 2-5 in each division have a play-off, then an inter-region play-off game and the winner plays a team from the 2nd tier.

In the advanced rules panel - I've changed the Israeli A League configuration (indicating the child competitions, as well as unticking the "Inactive" button), as well as creating "Multiple Competitions" configuration for both divisions.

I've verified the file and have also enabled selecting the third division under the "Nation" category.

I can create the game and with the file selected start a new save game with the Israeli 3rd tier and above. However, when I get to the team selection screen, I can only choose teams from the top 2 divisions. In addition, the 3rd division competition screen is unavailable. There's basically no difference whether I choose the 3rd tier and above option or the default 2nd tier and above option.

What am I missing?

2 hours ago, amn said:

The Israeli 3rd tier, called A League consists of 2 regions (North Division and South Division). The top team from each division promotes to the 2nd tier. Positions 2-5 in each division have a play-off, then an inter-region play-off game and the winner plays a team from the 2nd tier.

In the advanced rules panel - I've changed the Israeli A League configuration (indicating the child competitions, as well as unticking the "Inactive" button), as well as creating "Multiple Competitions" configuration for both divisions.

I've verified the file and have also enabled selecting the third division under the "Nation" category.

I can create the game and with the file selected start a new save game with the Israeli 3rd tier and above. However, when I get to the team selection screen, I can only choose teams from the top 2 divisions. In addition, the 3rd division competition screen is unavailable. There's basically no difference whether I choose the 3rd tier and above option or the default 2nd tier and above option.

What am I missing?

Since you're using advanced rules, did you verify the rules in the editor?

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Since you're using advanced rules, did you verify the rules in the editor?

Thanks for your answer. 

Yes, of course. I even specified it.

I've verified all divisions successfully.

I've created a restructure of the Scottish Leagues with a 9-tier pyramid system and a switch to summer football (season running late February to early November).  It all seems to be working now except for one tiny nitpicky detail I can't seem to fix (which really doesn't affect gameplay).  Even though the competitions take place in a single calendar year, they are listed in the competition history as (for example) 2017/18 or 2018/19 instead of simply 2017 or 2018.  I know, I know, it's an insignificant detail, but its really bugging me!  Any suggestions as to why and how to fix it?

10 minutes ago, theatricalscot said:

I've created a restructure of the Scottish Leagues with a 9-tier pyramid system and a switch to summer football (season running late February to early November).  It all seems to be working now except for one tiny nitpicky detail I can't seem to fix (which really doesn't affect gameplay).  Even though the competitions take place in a single calendar year, they are listed in the competition history as (for example) 2017/18 or 2018/19 instead of simply 2017 or 2018.  I know, I know, it's an insignificant detail, but its really bugging me!  Any suggestions as to why and how to fix it?

have you set start year?

upload your file

On 12/27/2016 at 15:50, amn said:

What am I missing?

Any idea?

I've uploaded the file here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32399470/Israeli Lower Divisions_2E68C840-240C-4303-8274-291076618DEF.fmf

Archived