Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone,

Here is my problem with this year data editor! Every year I activate some old extinct nations and set up leagues,cups everything.For my own fun.Now this year I don't know what I do wrong but can't seem to manage it!

I went on and activate continent and set up Yugoslavia.I also tick the box to be FIFA member and set Serbia continent as Asia.I set up league rules,cups,change cities,teams,people etc.

But nomatter what I do Yugoslavia doesn't compete in any competitions!!! Can you guys help me please? Im so frustrated!!!

Second thing is the international rules.I want to set up the Balkan nations cup.But in international rules I can't seem to choose any nations but it only gives me the continent choose.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

Thank you:-)

Hi everybody,

1) I followed this steps trying to change the number of subs allowed in England Vanarama National League South but I couldn't find the "stage 0" for the 6º division. Is there any way to change de subs for this division?

"

First click on the rules menu and go to add nation rules.

Select the country which contains the league you want to edit and select 'add lower divisions and cups to existing structure

Then go back to the rules menu and select convert to advanced rules

To change the number of substitutes go to the league settings section under Serie A - Stages - Stage 0

Scrolling down you will find the option to change substitution rules

"

2) After that I could play with the Premier League, the Championship, the League One and League Two with the new settings but the option to play with Vanarama National League and  Vanarama National League North/South has disappear:

Screen Shot 2016-11-13 at 10.41.01.png

I'd like to start with Oxford thats in Vanarama National League South with the new changed league settings, Is there any workaround here?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, formerlyiab said:

Just to say that I edited Brexit date to 2099 - 100% chance - got a message in January 2017 that we are no longer leaving the EU.

Another confirmation that this works

there are so many ways to stop it, and even if you dont want to play with AR

just set up a new agreement in normal rules to virtually duplicate EU so if brexit does kick in the other agreement still runs 

causing no issues at all:onmehead:

I can see people have found ways to eliminate brexit but has anyone found ways to force a certain brexit scenario to happen? I assume the scenario is picked when the game starts and therefore reloading the save the day before the announcement comes won't make a difference? I'm interested to try an English career with hard brexit for an added challenge.

4 minutes ago, Alastairhufc said:

I can see people have found ways to eliminate brexit but has anyone found ways to force a certain brexit scenario to happen? I assume the scenario is picked when the game starts and therefore reloading the save the day before the announcement comes won't make a difference? I'm interested to try an English career with hard brexit for an added challenge.

Which kind of Brexit outcome you have in your game is set when you start a new saved game.

@KUBI Hey just trying to get my head around the regional boundaries, if I have a team in a league which isn't in the boundaries will it break with promotion/relegation? It seems to run ok but the specific team hasn't been promoted yet.

Any links to previous that you know of?

Thanks

1 minute ago, KUBI said:

The main impact for promotion is reputation, everything else is random.

Ah ok perfect, I've never bothered with it previously but wanted to have a pop, doesn't seem like its needed too much. Thanks

On 11/4/2016 at 04:33, Bannside of Killowen said:

Reserve/youth league set up, how do set up the custom XML for outside England for somewhere like Northern Ireland? Because every year i try and fail. I'm trying mirror the current setup NIFL Premiership Development LeagueNIFL Championship North, NIFL Championship South

I'm guessing it is something like this "STARTING_EPPP_CATEGORY" "Arsenal" "1"

Hey, I'm looking into this as well, also creating an extended league system to include NAFL, Mid-Ulster, Ballymena etc. The NAFL league has a '3rd' level which is basically 6 reserve league 3A-F I'm trying to figure out how this operates when an NAFL premier team is promted into NIFL Premier Intermediate League and if the reserve team gets promoted as well.

Does anyone have any idea how to remove the transfer rules here? I am using my own custom rules for the transfer window/rules but It's just not working as It's not showing and just reverting till the original and the Transfer window date is for the 3rd of Jan not the first like I set it (yes I removed the day and just had the date when setting transfer window). Any ideas? 

Untitled.png

7 hours ago, Radz said:

@KUBI Hey just trying to get my head around the regional boundaries, if I have a team in a league which isn't in the boundaries will it break with promotion/relegation? It seems to run ok but the specific team hasn't been promoted yet.

Any links to previous that you know of?

Thanks

It will get promoted/relegated but maybe into a division at the same level that you aren't expecting.

5 hours ago, Clifton14 said:

Does anyone have any idea how to remove the transfer rules here? I am using my own custom rules for the transfer window/rules but It's just not working as It's not showing and just reverting till the original and the Transfer window date is for the 3rd of Jan not the first like I set it (yes I removed the day and just had the date when setting transfer window). Any ideas? 

Untitled.png

If you want to overwrite all the rules, you need to add the Serie A from scratch and add all the rules manually.

On 14/11/2016 at 11:41, KUBI said:

Which kind of Brexit outcome you have in your game is set when you start a new saved game.

In that case I assume the outcome will be identifiable from the start of the save meaning something like Genie Scout will probably have it as a feature. I''ll wait for that then. :) 

1 hour ago, Alastairhufc said:

In that case I assume the outcome will be identifiable from the start of the save meaning something like Genie Scout will probably have it as a feature. I''ll wait for that then. :) 

It doesn't have the feature.

It doesn't look like it's visible in the way game data is.

Each year I make a World League database containing the top club teams from around the world.

In previous years, I've had to manually change each club's nation so that newgens will be of the same nationality as the club. This year, I don't seem to have to do that. Which is great!

But I worry about what problems might crop up in the future. What is it that determines newgen nationalities now? Does it go by "continental competition nation" or the city the club is based in? Or is the game remembering which nation each club is from?

Re the brexit edit, and changing the year to 2100 etc - Did not see this mentioned, but the reason it then makes the English league "unselectable" is just because you have not tested the rules in the editor. If you test the rules then save, you can select all the divisions in england as per normal :)

8 hours ago, chucklechuck said:

Each year I make a World League database containing the top club teams from around the world.

In previous years, I've had to manually change each club's nation so that newgens will be of the same nationality as the club. This year, I don't seem to have to do that. Which is great!

I did not notice it yet. I am curios if it will influence transfers too (there is now a chance to reproduce a "cantera policy" like athletic Bilbao for other teams?). I think probably the nationality of the regens is determined by the nation in where the city is

16 hours ago, nom245 said:

I did not notice it yet. I am curios if it will influence transfers too (there is now a chance to reproduce a "cantera policy" like athletic Bilbao for other teams?). I think probably the nationality of the regens is determined by the nation in where the city is

I would like to know this too!

19 hours ago, nom245 said:

What do you mean by a chance to reproduce cantera policies? You mean, is it random? You can set nation preferences for regions to look for transfers but I'm not sure about the club level. Maybe something in the advanced editor, which I haven't checked out yet.

It's a great change if newgens are determined by the city. That's a simple change that makes my job a lot easier :)

20 minutes ago, chucklechuck said:

What do you mean by a chance to reproduce cantera policies? You mean, is it random? You can set nation preferences for regions to look for transfers but I'm not sure about the club level. Maybe something in the advanced editor, which I haven't checked out yet.

It's a great change if newgens are determined by the city. That's a simple change that makes my job a lot easier :)

Athletic Bilbao is hardcoded in the game. It will be interesting if, in a superleague, you can specify for a club that foreign players are all with a nationality different from where the club is based, also players with the same nationality of where the league is based. I.E. if I put a club based in Bhutan in the Indian League, for all I know, until now it was impossible to specify indian players foreigners for this club

I'm trying to edit the Reserve rules through the advanced editor nation rules and adding lower competitions (Holland -> Reserve Rules) but these changes do not appear ingame, but they do appear if I create the Nation rules from scratch. So is there any way for me to edit the Reserve rules without starting from scratch? I'm helping CrowBar with his Holland Rules so starting over will be a real pain.

10 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

I'm trying to edit the Reserve rules through the advanced editor nation rules and adding lower competitions (Holland -> Reserve Rules) but these changes do not appear ingame, but they do appear if I create the Nation rules from scratch. So is there any way for me to edit the Reserve rules without starting from scratch? I'm helping CrowBar with his Holland Rules so starting over will be a real pain.

There is a general problem: editing existing rules seem not working at all except for england. I opened this post in the bug forum: https://community.sigames.com/topic/389150-fm17-problem-with-transfer-windows-in-italy-not-working-in-game/

but they voluntarily ignored it. I wonder when they will realize there is a serious problem

1 hour ago, nom245 said:

There is a general problem: editing existing rules seem not working at all except for england. I opened this post in the bug forum: https://community.sigames.com/topic/389150-fm17-problem-with-transfer-windows-in-italy-not-working-in-game/

but they voluntarily ignored it. I wonder when they will realize there is a serious problem

Thanks for your answer. I'll see if I can make something work by editing through xml files in notepad. Maybe comparing 'new' nation rules with the 'adding lower divisions' one.

Sorry for the double post (again) but @nom245 I have found the solution. Editing XML files in notepad does work! Here the tutorial:

For adding new reserve rules to existing leagues (using ' 'Add Lower Division And Cups To Existing Structure'), convert to Advanced Rules and save your game as an xml file. I always do this by saving uncompressed (click settings at the top of the editor, untick 'Compress Editor Data Files'), go to the file location on your computer (My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2017 -> editor data), delete the uncompressed save file, go back to the editor and save again, Now go back to the uncompressed save file and it should have the .xml file type. Now open this with notepad.

Now search for game_rules (using CTRL+F) and make the following changes:

- change all <boolean id="use_game_rules" value="true"/> into <boolean id="use_game_rules" value="false"/>

- change all <string id="use_game_rules" value="active_comp"/> into <string id="use_game_rules" value="not_in_game"/>

Now, save, close, load a new database in the editor and import the .xml file. And now the file is converted into a "Create New Competitions And Rules" file meaning that you can edit reserves now. But also make sure that the season update day is correct because the default is 1 january in the editor but if your leagues run from summer to summer (like in Holland, England and almost everywhere accept for Scandanavian countries) and change it (7 juli for Holland). You also have to add transfer windows manually etc. Now save compressed and verify your file.

And there you have it.

Oh and if you're having trouble chosing local regions when you add reserve leagues and chose 'Regional divisions', the problem is you can only select the default 'South-East' from England (if you change it then it'll become blank), then you need to apply the same trick as above. Save as xml, go into notepad, search for the South-East Unique ID (it is 156580) and now change it to the local region of your choice by deleting 'South-East' its Unique ID and replace it with the local region. You can copy, paste and edit all regions in the XML file. Now save, load again etc.

Hey Guys,

i want to change the rule in England, that you can only have 5 players on loan in match day squad. I already changed the loan rules, but it seems to be the wrong rule change. Is there an extra point in advanced rules to change the match squad rules? Where can i find it?

49 minutes ago, Slabbekoorn said:

I always do this by saving uncompressed (click settings at the top of the editor, untick 'Compress Editor Data Files'), go to the file location on your computer (My Documents -> Sports Interactive -> Football Manager 2017 -> editor data), delete the uncompressed save file, go back to the editor and save again, Now go back to the uncompressed save file and it should have the .xml file type. Now open this with notepad.

Thanks, good find :thup:. Probably also the problem with transfer windows in the rules of Italy can be solved in this manner. The procedure for the xml was the only one valid with for editor fm15, but now you can use the "export" function under "file" menu, to save an .xml file.

Hi all,

Got a problem this year - it seems the city boundary limits set in competitions are a hard limit this year as compared to previous ones, and this breaks the regional leagues in my case as they have a playoff to get promoted. Here's the relevant structure;

NASL Champ division (lvl 3, 3 relegated)

(playoff of 6 league winners, 3 promoted)

6 regional leagues (Lvl 4)

(Bottom team in each league relegated)

Inactive league

However, if a league's winner gets promoted, but a team from the region doesn't get relegated, then the game fails to make fixtures next year due to insufficient teams (in this case, it's usually Tobago who fall below their 8 limit (they lose 2 teams from promotion/relegation but only gain 1 from below).

Anyone got an idea how to solve this? 

For my USA database, all contracts underneath the MLS have contracts expiring on the 31st December when starting the game. However, when they get renewed, the contracts end on the 31st October.

I have contacts to expire in December set in the Transfer Rules but it hasn't fixed it. Anyone got any suggestions of what might fix this?

20 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

I have some lower leagues WIP - will test when i get some time. Have you tried without boundaries? just set regional divisions for clubs

Tried and failed, any luck on your end?

It does not work when you set both regional divisions and boundaries. You need also to be sure to untick "use regional divisions".

It works well in my game with competitions boundaries only, I did delete all regional divisions set, as this made the editor and game to shuffle clubs around in a very strict way.

Archived