Advanced rules FM 2017 editor - ask the experts

KUBI

Thanks for answering, i found a way around it by setting the CL nation to the Dominican Republic and then going into the rules and editing the seeding for the tournament, a bit labor intensive but it worked like a charm.

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, DTSL12851 said:

Any idea how to get it to work if I've moved teams into different divisions? For example moving Newcastle into the Premier league keeps giving me an error saying "Newcastle not in Sky Bet Championship". Same with other teams I've tried.

Can't verify any of my divisions after moving teams across divisions when I'm using advanced rules. I just want to get my U23s into a better group while changing divisions.

I'm not really familiar with the English data, the English data is a bit different than the rest. You need to locate a different file to edit u23s of England and I don't know which one it is.

Not sure if this is the right place, but seemed a daft thing to ask in a new thread.  Does anyone get faded looking colours in the editor, except in the colour picker itself... they always look so much brighter in the palette than in the chose kit/icon/text.

I would like to create a new cup but I can't seem to get it right can anybody help?

I would like all teams from the EFL Championship to be in this "EFL Championship Cup" and the winner of the cup (from last year) to get a bye to  the second round.

I can get this to work but when a team wins the cup and also get Promoted to the Premier League / Relegated to the League 1 they get in the cup instead of one of the Championship teams next year. Is there any way to stop this happening? 

2 minutes ago, Bluewinterz said:

Do all Advanced Rules changes have to be saved in a single file?

No, it's also possible to have more than one nation rules in one file. I made one with Switzerland and a new created Liechtenstein league. But to avoid conflicts it's better to save a file for each nation.

Hi I need some help with changing the minimum wage rules.

In the polish divisions there is a €75 p/w minimum rule. Didn't find where to change this other than going to advanced rules - Transfer - Transfer Rules - Player Wage Rules. There set a minimum Full-Time wage but it ended up being added to the original rule not replace it.

Anybody who knows about this?

10 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Not sure if this is the right place, but seemed a daft thing to ask in a new thread.  Does anyone get faded looking colours in the editor, except in the colour picker itself... they always look so much brighter in the palette than in the chose kit/icon/text.

Yeah its some strange view this year. Whole editor have some strange colour but its much faster IMO

Hi, making my first editor database. I'm making a database with a new nation, London where I have removed Cyprus and made all Cypriot cities Greek and moved all cities and clubs in the London area from England to London. So my 3 problems are I can't open England as a playable nation (I restocked all leagues with playable teams), I can't play with the London national team as it is apparently unplayable, and I don't know how to add in a new flag or emblem so I'm stuck with a Cypriot flag and national team emblem. Please reply ASAP if you know how to fix this so I can get onto managing Wembley and London to domestic and international glory

I added 1474 clubs to database. Last added UID is 2062003602. If i try to add next club UID is 2062003604. 2062003603 is missing and i dont know why. No deleted clubs in database. Some idea?

Reason for this: i added "B" team to one club and editor gives first avaliable UID 2062003603 :)

Help me plase..

1. League Play-Off

Cup - 3 Teams - Number Of Teams From Lower Division in Play-Off 3 Team
stsl.png

2. League Play-Off 

League 6 Teaams - Number Of Teams Qualifled For Upper Division Play-Off 3 Teams

ptt1l.png

Advanced rules FM 2017 editor Eror

adrul.png

File: LİG-A LİG-PLAY-OF LİG YUKSELME_FF761B01-5C6C-43A1-858D-7D60DB225072.fmf

Thank you for your help

KUBI? or anyone tha can Help me?

I wish to Make a similar REAL FORMAT for ITALIAN LEGA PRO.. but it's difficult/impossible to give to 3 groups.. different time of the matches .. i try everything..

real format is this..  but I should appreciate a similar... format...  at least different time for every groups (saturday an sunday)

General Scheduling & Match moving for TV Coverage:

Friday 8.30PM  (1 match)

Saturday 2.30PM (min 3 match/ max 5 match)

Saturday 4.30PM (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Saturday 6.30PM (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Saturday 8.30PM (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Sunday 12.00PM (1 match)

Sunday 2.30PM (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Sunday 4. 30PM (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Sunday 5. 30PM (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Sunday 8. 30PM; (min 3 match / max 5 match)

Monday 8. 30PM (n.1 match)

There are three quarters:

·         September 2016 / October 2016 / November 2016

·         December 2016 / January 2017 / February 2017

·         March 2017 / April 2017 / May 2017

Each group will play for a quarter on Saturday

Group A will play Third Quarter on Saturday

Group B will play First Quarter on Saturday

Group C will play Second Quarter on Saturday

Following the timetable for all the season

Group A
September / October / November: Sunday 2.30PM and 6.30PM
December / January / February: Sunday 4.30PM and 8.30PM
March / April / May: Saturday 2.30PM, 4.30PM, 6.30PM and 8.30PM

Group B
September / October / November: Saturday 2.30PM, 4.30PM, 6.30PM and 8.30PM
December / January / February: Sunday 2.30PM and 6.30PM
March / April / May: Sunday 4.30PM and 8.30PM

Group C
September / October / November: Sunday 4.30PM and 8.30PM
December / January / February: Saturday 2.30PM, 4.30PM, 6.30PM and 8.30PM
March / April / May: Sunday 2.30PM and 6.30PM

Rule for midweek games

Group playing on Saturday will play Tuesday midweek games, Two Groups playing on Sunday will play on Wednesday.

You can manually enter "Club Legends" in the editor.  Just under the liked/disliked clubs list.

Do these appear in game anywhere, there no on the usual icons, fav. personnel, legends club page.   

EDIT: Nevermind, they only appear if the team is in a division

19 hours ago, haykirish said:

Help me plase..

1. League Play-Off

Cup - 3 Teams - Number Of Teams From Lower Division in Play-Off 3 Team
stsl.png

2. League Play-Off 

League 6 Teaams - Number Of Teams Qualifled For Upper Division Play-Off 3 Teams

ptt1l.png

Advanced rules FM 2017 editor Eror

adrul.png

File: LİG-A LİG-PLAY-OF LİG YUKSELME_FF761B01-5C6C-43A1-858D-7D60DB225072.fmf

Thank you for your help

File (XML):LİG-A LİG-PLAY-OF LİG YUKSELME.xml

I made a 2 group phase Champions League/Europa League, which I've been carrying over for a few years now. However I'm having way more problems with this year's editor than I expected, even though I copy and pasted this file over from 2016 which worked perfectly fine:

- Leicester, even though they should appear at the group stage, are appearing in both the 3rd qualifying round and the group stage, regardless of whether they win or lose, while Tottenham didn't even appear at all
- Man Utd are appearing in both the Champions League and Europa League competitions, even though the seeding is untouched from 2016
- Can't add squad registration for either competition (Not fully sure how to do this exactly either)
- Having trouble getting a 3rd placed team in the first group stage of the Champions League to drop into the second group phase of the Europa League

I've tried everything and nothing at all is fixing any of these issues.

EDIT: Just a bit of an update on this. The Leicester issue solves itself in the 2nd season, as does the Man Utd issue of appearing in both comps. I'm thinking this has something to do with Leicester being Champions League first-timers and having a low seeding in the competition? The ruling in the editor is set to get 'Lowest Seeded Qualified Teams', and it looks like this has caused Leicester to go into the 3rd qualifying round, replacing Tottenham, and Man Utd for some reason enter at the CL group stage, as well as playing in Europa.

File

UEFA Champions League & Europa League - Final _4AFD759C-88AF-47AD-9EEE-4710C2CDC399.fmf

18 hours ago, manager2010 said:

Thanks! But the history of the winner and runner up isn't being recorded, what should I change?

Check also:

In the stage --> league settings you need to tick 

Store league history

On 11/21/2016 at 23:20, holidaysong said:

Yeah I've been able to force Brexit using Advanced editor - Set the trigger date to 1st July and the % chance of happening to 100% for 2016 and change the % chance for each country within the UK that you wish to get it if you wish. Set a country to 0% if you don't what that country to have it (e.g. Scotland, Wales, NI, etc.)

Also set the % of Bosman not happening and existing players getting permanent WPs both to 0%. You won't get hard Brexit each time but as the trigger date is set to the first day of your save, just start a new game and try again. It avoids having to waste game time initially before later in the save getting a soft Brexit.

I've been trying to make Brexit not happen. Any idea why I'm not getting the announcement?

VdoYquA.jpg

I need some help with romanian promotion from fourth league in third league. The situation is like this:

- from third league, which is 5 groups with 14-15 teams each, relegate 15 teams,

- from fourth league is promoting in 2017 -2018 season 21 teams, after promotion playoff - in these case involving 42 teams (the fourth romanian league consist in 42 groups - regional).

My question  - how to create in advanced rules one system to realize this special situation, more exactly to increase after one regular season the number of teams involved in third league in each group from 15 to 16 / 17, to permit the promotions of 21 teams from lower league?

Can anybody tell me how to get losing team to qualify for next round? (advanced editor)

What i want to do is;

there are 12 teams playing  a promotion playyoff (cup) with eachother. 

winners get prometed (6 winners).

other 6 losers plays against eachother and 3 winners from them promotes as well.

So my problem is that i can't get those 6 losers from first stage to qualify for second stage! 

Any idea?

14 hours ago, krlenjushka said:

this can be done but i need more testing because im not sure how this will be  in game

ok. ty

Now i'm working in the portuguese comps and this will be very important to me.

If you need any help to do the tests, i can help.

5 hours ago, cleiria said:

ok. ty

Now i'm working in the portuguese comps and this will be very important to me.

If you need any help to do the tests, i can help.

i will probably make new thread about this soon...

i have plans to explain whole system-stage by stage with pictures.

tests are ok for now. i just dont know will this affect team news or board confidence. i guess it shouldnt because all stages related to this "variable relegation" are hidden but who knows. 

Hi there!

I really hope someone can help me with my issue.

I've added home-grown rules to a couple of nations but want to add them to the Champions Cup and Europa League also. I can't get them to work ingame. I gave them a nation and added the rules in the fixture rules but they won't appear ingame. How do I solve this?

Should I overwrite existing rules but what happens then?

Anyone who rebuilds the USA have any issues with the CONCACAF cup?  

My database verify's fine, as soon as i run a test I get a "wrong number of teams for stage 0 in the CONCAFCAF cup" error.

Hey. Is there any way to change the name of Barcelona 'B' to Barcelona B? I tried in the editor, but i it does not work for me. The ' annoys the hell out of me! I have been able to do this in previous versions of FM, but not FM17 which I just bought.

Hey guys, I edited an existing nation completely, created a new league structure and a cup.

Everything seems fine when I test the comps through the editor, but in-game, the save always crashes in 2019. And not on the same day, but on different days.

It seems a bit weird, anyone has any idea why it might be crashing specifically in 2019?

https://www.mediafire.com/?1v56o229zrd48c6

On 11/8/2016 at 12:17, Verby said:

I done this exactly how you said it except I changed the announcement date to 5th July 2016, so it tells me 5 days into the season. Shouldnt matter right? And is that the best possible scenario I can get which brings me to how the game played in previous FMs?

brexit 2.png

tried this method last night, then run a quick save to see if it worked and didn't get any message

deleted all the other years and made 2016 100% for the 6th July - un-ticked leave agreement would that be the problem? or is it easier to change the date to 2100 and 100%

Hi,

I have created a Division but the format is Group Stage and then knockout stage where winners in semi-final are promoted to upper division and then play each other to determine the champion.

My question is why the champion not stored in division history, I mean there is no past winners or defending champion? 

Is there a way to convert back to basic rules without losing all the edits from the advanced rules? I ask because I want to import the real fixtures to the level 22 database that already has English nation rules and the only way to do this is in the basic rules. Is there a way to permanently keep what changes you've made in the advanced rules before going back to basic? because I've changed all of the sub amounts in all the competitions but converting to basic rules resets all this even after I've saved and tested everything. I don't feel like changing all them subs again, took nearly 2 hours to do it in all the extra competitions. Also I don't understand why when you click on 'convert to advanced rules' it says "You can revert back to the basic rules at a later stage if required" Why would you do that if you lose every change you've made in the advanced rules?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

So i downloaded a database created on Si games... it is a 8 level database and i want to remove promotion and relegation from the top 3 leagues but teams in league 4 can be relegated to lv 5-8 but not promoted to league 3... anyone know where in the editor to remove the promotion/relegation? any help is greatly appreciated

On 11/26/2016 at 17:12, ATorres said:

I would like to create a new cup but I can't seem to get it right can anybody help?

I would like all teams from the EFL Championship to be in this "EFL Championship Cup" and the winner of the cup (from last year) to get a bye to  the second round.

I can get this to work but when a team wins the cup and also get Promoted to the Premier League / Relegated to the League 1 they get in the cup instead of one of the Championship teams next year. Is there any way to stop this happening? 

Can you post the database file? Are you sure that you've set the teams in the general tab to minimum (number of championship teams) and maximum (number of championship teams plus 1)?

is the database i use... the country in question is USA 8 leagues so what it is that League 1 is MLS, 2 is NASl and 3 is USL.. I want to put it so that the teams dont move up or down from Leagues 1-3, Teams from leagues 4-8 can move up from 5-7 but no higher then 4 but can drop from 4 to 8 i can post screenshots to show in the game that it shows the relegation under league rules in the game..

12 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

nm Slabbekoorn i found it under nation Rules

Could you still explain how you fixed it and how you got the winner of last years cup qualified for this year? I'm also trying to make teams qualify for a next season's cup but can't seem to get the teams drawn.

On 12/6/2016 at 16:35, wkdsoul said:

Anyone who rebuilds the USA have any issues with the CONCACAF cup?  

My database verify's fine, as soon as i run a test I get a "wrong number of teams for stage 0 in the CONCAFCAF cup" error.

Anyone have any ideas on the this, i can holiday the game into 2021 with no issues, but i'd like the option to jump into advanced to tweak something.

Also, i;ve moved the USA academy & u23 secondary division which runs fine, no problem.  But if i add a parent division (so the teams will generate players at start) even if the league is active or not the game crashes within 2 weeks.   is there a basic option i'm forgetting to tick here, or will either of these issues be due to canadian teams playing in the US? 

i have one question reagrding fm16...so i will ask here..and i'm asking for help..so please if anyone knows...

i've downloaded ex-yugoslavia editor file and everything works perfect...all 6 leagues...

except one thing,

1.not a single club have ''youth intake'' wtf,why is that? is it something set wrong in editor?

2. i've tryed to create everything my self from scratch,and now i have youth intake (cuz i didnt made new country (jugoslavia)...i've made ot over croatian league...but now is problem that serbian clubs who won the league doesnt play in european competitions..wtf!?

please help me

I have created a competition with a group stage where I have used the fixture creator so each group plays teams in the other groups. I want to feed those results into a league stage where all teams are ranked together. The league stage will be used to determine the champion, and the group stage for relegation.

The group stage works fine. I set up a league stage below this, asking for results to be applied from the group stage to the league stage. It does not however show up in game.

Any ideas how I can do this properly?

18 hours ago, sporadicsmiles said:

I have created a competition with a group stage where I have used the fixture creator so each group plays teams in the other groups. I want to feed those results into a league stage where all teams are ranked together. The league stage will be used to determine the champion, and the group stage for relegation.

The group stage works fine. I set up a league stage below this, asking for results to be applied from the group stage to the league stage. It does not however show up in game.

Any ideas how I can do this properly?

What did you use? You can get results from one stage to another if you use "process results into stage (probably stage 1 leag)" in your stage 0 grou.

2 hours ago, Slabbekoorn said:

What did you use? You can get results from one stage to another if you use "process results into stage (probably stage 1 leag)" in your stage 0 grou.

This is what I tried, but there was no league stage set up at all in the end.

I have stage 0 as a group stage, regionalised groups, and fixtures between groups. This apparently works fine. I did as you suggest and ask to process the results into stage 1 (the league.

In stage 1, I make sure to not add fixtures (there does not need to be any). This stage never appears in the game.

Archived