Football Manager 2016 Out Now - Official Feedback Thread

I do enjoy posts like this; always an issue with the game and never the user input. When you lose 7-1, there is a tiny possibility that there might have been a tactical issue. What did you change when they scored each of their seven goals? Or did you just leave it because the "tactics were all fine"?

That's the young generation for you, 4 games and give up. Instant and easy gratification is the order of the day.

Old man rant over :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha I see people are so sure I am responsible from 7 goals. Guys I play FM for 15 years. I am playing it from the CM times. So I am definitely not the young generation. Well the tactic is - (CONTROL-Fairly Wide-Higher Tempo-Retain Possession-Mixed Passing-Disciplined-exploit flanks-work ball into box) After 4-1 I went attacking I think it was 60th minute. If there are some extra things added in the game for tactics, I dont know that. At least i didnt come across. I never give up even if i lose 10 games in a row but I surely give up if smth happens which cant happen in real, I am losing my passion. I am just sad cause I spend almost 24 hours on this game

4-1-2-3 DM Wide. Fluid. I am sorry but if Muslera is going to concede 7 goals, the opponent must have 700 shots in the game.

That's still not the tactic. For a veteran, you should know that a tactic includes the formation, roles, duties, mentality, philosophy, TIs and PIs.

Well I already gave you the formation, mentality and philosophy. Roles are GK- Full Backs -Stoppers- Defensive Midfielder Support -Midfielder Advanced Playmaker- Midfielder Box to Box- Podolski Inside the Forward Attack - Winger Attack - Advanced Forward
I check all roles and duty again and again to make sure all is fit. Guys I am very experienced :) Dont doubt on me! The result is so strange

You're very open with no holding midfielder. What are the duties of the fullbacks? The Stoppers are both DCs?

I have a defender midfielder. Which role is good for holding player? I sometimes use ball winning.

Ball winning is worse. A holding midfielder holds position. He protects the defence. So any other role with a Defend Duty, so that he stays behind play to protect that defence.

I have a defender midfielder. Which role is good for holding player? I sometimes use ball winning.

The issue is the Duty. You have him on Support do he'll drift too far up field when you have the ball. You would be better off with an Anchor or a Defensive Midfielder on Defend. You need to watch your match to see the impact the Duties of your wide players has. They'll leave big gaps so the rest of the team will be pulled out of shape trying to cover them.

Yes, plenty of people, including myself. I've found the match engine to be a lot stronger since the last update to it. And of course, by last update I don't mean the change from beta to full version, as there were no ME changes when this happened.

Hilarious reading people whine about how the ME is worse since the change to the full game. When it's the exact same.

It's amazing this is seen ok as effective feedback because it's saying the me is fine but when someone complains and calls out the ones saying it's the get warned about being negative. For your info dude the game is comp different to the me I have 2 laptops one with beta and one with normal and the defenders are comp different so maybe stick to just playing the game in future and don't leave feedback that's pointless

Anyway. I just found it weird. I completely understand if I concede 5-6 goals in Champions League but from an average Turkish team.. Sorry but even if Gala play 3-2-5 in real, we will not concede 7 goals
IRL, a manager will see that his team is completely open and fix that issue (maybe conceding a goal in the process). You didn't do anything about it, except probably make it worse by going Attacking, so they kept taking advantage of it.

Man they have 8 shots I have 15 shot. They scored 7 goals from 8 shots. All were out of box and amazing goals :)

Yes, but the point is that you set up in a way that made you very open. The opposition will have probably been on Counter all match, repeatedly taking advantage of a hugely exposed defence. It doesn't matter if Galatasaray in real life are strong, your system made them much less effective.

Anyway. I just found it weird. I completely understand if I concede 5-6 goals in Champions League but from an average Turkish team.. Sorry but even if Gala play 3-2-5 in real, we will not concede 7 goals

Funny you should say that, because last game Galata conceded 4 against Rizespor which as far as I know is valued under Bursaspor.

So keep up the good work SI, the difficulty is spot on now. Don't think of getting back to FM 15 super easy difficulty.

andu1 first of all, 7 goals almost double of 4 so first improve your math. Bursaspor has 15, Rizespor has 14 points in the league now. Second of all Gala was unbeaten for 2 months between September 15 - November 7 which includes 2 champions league games and total 8 games.

What you're not getting here is that at no point in real life have Galatasaray ever had you as their manager. :p

It's amazing this is seen ok as effective feedback because it's saying the me is fine but when someone complains and calls out the ones saying it's the get warned about being negative. For your info dude the game is comp different to the me I have 2 laptops one with beta and one with normal and the defenders are comp different so maybe stick to just playing the game in future and don't leave feedback that's pointless

So you're basically calling the people who made the game liars?

Right you are then.

I have to agree, the trend on this forum is: when saying the me is ok it's good job by SI, when complaining about it it's users' tactics fault...as always, black or white is never the answer...

Havent got the game and the demo wont answer this question so could someone answer how they are finding the difficulty of the game with a top club? Has it got any harder? Its very rare for a top club to have a manager for more than 5 years and consistently win trophies, something usually gives (unless you are Ferguson), but in FM its often a bit to easy to create an all conquering team that can last until you get bored, has it got harder this year to keep players motivated? harder to scout new young players? Harder to get a wonderkid to become a fully fledged star ect.

Thanks

I have to agree, the trend on this forum is: when saying the me is ok it's good job by SI, when complaining about it it's users' tactics fault...as always, black or white is never the answer...

Yep the ME is in it's current state quite perfect, if all the mods can agree on this then surely it's your tactics.

I dinnae often agree wi' ye, ya Leith hingoot, but you've made a barry point here.

If anyone wants the above translated, feel free to ask :p

Haha Portobello nowadays.

Remember the floating arms out zombies and that is just one thing from last year, I'm glad they've had a good look at the ME whichever way you watch it, there will always be a couple of wee things that needs ironed out but this is the 1st game since FM12 I'm actually enjoying again.

Correct, there are issues with the ME, just take a trip to the bugs forum.

That doesn't make every issue a bug, the same that every bug isn't tactical.

Have you guys(fm team) checked the game before it's released? I am a head coach of Galatasaray and I kinda have lost to Bursaspor 1-7 in my first official game in Super Cup. I had the Champions League team squad. Their 7 of 8 shots were goal. Even in 100 years league history this kind of result has never happened but in my first official game its 1-7 haha I woke up from the magical atmosphere of the game and definitely not planing to play till the next update. 3 friendly games, 1 official game I conceded 18 goals. Tactics were all fine. So please fix that kind of things. And haven't you guys heard of Muslera? He is a world class goalkeeper. How come he concedes 7 goals from an average team? This is sooooo far from the reality. It should have been opposite way.

You do realise that this is a game and not real life, forget what 100 years of history is, if you don't set up the team properly with correct tactics and mentality, they'l lose.

Correct, there are issues with the ME, just take a trip to the bugs forum.

That doesn't make every issue a bug, the same that every bug isn't tactical.

The problem with the bugs forum is the majority of the so called bugs are tactical problems.

The problem with the bugs forum is the majority of the so called bugs are tactical problems.

Not sure about majority, seems more of an opinion than fact.

But yes, some issues are bugs, some are tactical.

EDIT: That's also not to say that some issues can't be mitigated tactically, but that equally doesn't make them tactical issues.

Don't know if this is the right place or not [if not, please re-direct me :)] but, I'm in my second season with City and players are wanting ridiculous contract demands i.e. - Yaya 300K + - Zaba 275K (this is complete BS - Zaba is 99% Manc). Also, when I try to sign players, the opposition are expecting a stupidly high amount from me but not from other teams. For example, even after 3-4 weeks of negotiations, the best I could get for Kondogbia was around the 40mil mark where Chelsea signed him up for 27.5M (initial of 15M) - I have no idea where this is coming from?? In general, transfer fees are stupidly high from both clubs and players. I understand that I'm City so I have a lot to spend and the new PL TV deal = more money, but none the less, trying to sign players is simply ridiculously and far from realistic.

Don't know if this is the right place or not [if not, please re-direct me :)] but, I'm in my second season with City and players are wanting ridiculous contract demands i.e. - Yaya 300K + - Zaba 275K (this is complete BS - Zaba is 99% Manc). Also, when I try to sign players, the opposition are expecting a stupidly high amount from me but not from other teams. For example, even after 3-4 weeks of negotiations, the best I could get for Kondogbia was around the 40mil mark where Chelsea signed him up for 27.5M (initial of 15M) - I have no idea where this is coming from?? In general, transfer fees are stupidly high from both clubs and players. I understand that I'm City so I have a lot to spend and the new PL TV deal = more money, but none the less, trying to sign players is simply ridiculously and far from realistic.

That's right, because in real life other teams don't take advantage of Manchester City's millions. *cough* Raheem Sterling *cough*

Result 4-3 is exactly same with 7-1 andu1 yes :)

Sorry , but it's your tactics. I conceded 9 goals in 26 games with Roma. Better go check the tactics forum and improve your tactical skills. ;)

I find this ME to be the best of any that I can remember, you just can't be 100% sure that you will win even against much weaker sides.

That's right, because in real life other teams don't take advantage of Manchester City's millions. *cough* Raheem Sterling *cough*

But in the above example the selling club would only accept £40m from the user but £27.5 from the AI. City or not is that right? Would Wolfsburg have sold De Bryne to another club for £47.5 but charged city £60m in real life? If city were prepared to pay that much then surely thats the value of the player and up to other clubs to match it or why would the selling club accept, unless the player was adamant he didnt want to go to city?

Not sure about majority, seems more of an opinion than fact.

But yes, some issues are bugs, some are tactical.

EDIT: That's also not to say that some issues can't be mitigated tactically, but that equally doesn't make them tactical issues.

I think you know what I mean though, " I can't seem to get the game to work, this, that and the other isn't working ", so they report on the bugs forum, not saying everyone but too many do. If i's a genuine bug then everyone will be getting it but not everyone gets them, that's what makes me sceptical if they are genuine bugs. People have been going on about the defence wandering about out of position but I and many others aren't seeing this, so how is it a bug when not everyone is experiencing it.

But in the above example the selling club would only accept £40m from the user but £27.5 from the AI. City or not is that right? Would Wolfsburg have sold De Bryne to another club for £47.5 but charged city £60m in real life? If city were prepared to pay that much then surely thats the value of the player and up to other clubs to match it or why would the selling club accept, unless the player was adamant he didnt want to go to city?

Yes because they wouldn't get £60m from any other club, if Man C hadn't bid they would only get £47.5m from whoever was offering.

Yes because they wouldn't get £60m from any other club, if Man C hadn't bid they would only get £47.5m from whoever was offering.

I get that, but in magic 21s specific point City were bidding for the player but the AI accepted a bid over £10m less than what they were demanding of the user from the AI. In other football managers once a bid is accepted, you can match the bid, whether you are city or whoever, it sounded from Magic21s example that this didnt happen for some reason.

So there no differences then ?

Shall we have a bet ?

The last change in the match engine was the update which was done a few days before it converted to the full game, and there will clearly be differences between those. However, there was no ME change in the crossover from beta to full game. Given it's the exact same ME version number.

Still, you know best.

So you're basically calling the people who made the game liars?

Right you are then.

So there no differences then ?

Shall we have a bet ?

From the final beta (release candidate 1) to the full game? I will take that bet. It is an identical match engine, both versions contain match engine 1624. From the originally released beta to the full game, yes there was a difference.

Archived