dafuge's FM16 challenge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Before I've even played a game I've lost the 4 best players in the squad, they weren't interested in signing new deals :(

I had that, but offered one a new contract the next day after his release which he signed - with a signing on bonus! Greedy :mad:

Th exception being Poole Town I think as they very nearly won that league last season. So I would expect a few hundred points added to their reputation.

They appear to be between Frome and Hungerford, it looks like the rep has not changed. Usually 1 season is not enough for SI to change the reps of lower league unless they get promoted.

XaW - Cambridge City - Vanarama Conference North - 2016/17

A good first season. We finished way higher than I had hoped, but still I don't feel I have the grasp on the tactic as I had hoped. The team seems to be unable to stop crosses and I concede a lot from those. Now onwards to the next season.

In the FA Cup we didn't get far and lost to FC Halifax in the 3rd qualifying round. In the FA Trophy only got past one opponent before losing to Alfreton in the 1st round.

Season	|     League	      |     Position	|    Europe	|    Top scorer   	  |    Achievments
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17	|  Conference North   |	     8th	|      N/A	|  Tevin Shakespeare (18) |   Just of playoffs

FMKING_zpsjntgmtfc.png

SEASON 2016-17 VANARAMA NATIONAL SOUTH

League

Pre season we were expected to finish 14th. After a very good start winning 5 of our first 6 games we sat joint top with magate who ended up running away with the league we stayed in the top four for the whole season but with a poor run of results towards the end of the season we could have easily slipped out of the playoffs thankfully we managed to stay in there and finished 4th

FIXTURES 1 | FIXTURES 2 | VANARAMA NATIONAL SOUTH

Playoffs

We drew St Albans in the semi final after drawing the home leg 1-1. We had to do it tough to get into the final remarkably we managed a smash and grab despite being out played we won 3-1, 4-2 0n aggregate putting us into the final! Where we would play Hayes and Yeading we went 1-0 up early and looked as if it would stay that way until they scored late on to take it to extra time where they grabbed a second and despite throwing everything forward we couldnt get back into it and ended 2-1 after extra time!

SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG | SEMI FINAL 2ND LEG | FINAL

Squad and Club Info

Squad | Home Screen | Transfers | Season Review | Best 11 | Fans Player | Top Goalscorer

Season     Division                        Pos    FA Cup        Lg Cup    Other Comps         Continental Comps    Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Vanarama National South         4th    3rd qual rd   N/A       FAT: 3rd qual rd    N/A                  lost in playoff final​

So here I am, finally with my first choice team King's Lynn.

I haven't ever started a challenge without already having a few solid tactics so this will be an interesting one.

Good luck with the Linnets! They were my 2015 team, and have managed to make it further than ever in the challenge with them. In my...16th (I believe) season....sitting 2nd in EPL (10 behind City---so won't win the league this season). Also in my first CL (through the groups, got a tough knockout draw against AC Milan). The real talking point of the team was my 1st year top grad...who is still with me and sitting on 499 career goals!

Haven't really found any team that has really caught my fancy this season so far....going to continue to generate some saves to try to find something. A half-dozen new saves posted back on page one for those looking for specific teams...check it out....I might have gotten lucky!

In the meantime, unless I find something else in the next week, I've started an Ashton United save. I might end up sticking with them...or not...but it's a start!

Where can I get new team logos?

Also, what is the rule on going to one of your players agents and looking at his clients? I assume that as long as you can scout or trial & coach report that is fine?

Using an old logo pack atm - it seems to work.

Grays Athletic

Season Summary 2016-17

Grays_ath.jpg

Final Position 1st

The league

This first seasons was an enjoyment to play. Replaced players as scouts found new interesting ones, and kept to a very aggressive formation with high pressure, that turned out to be the right call.

So far, I am happy with midfield and up, but defensive mid, defenders and keepers proved hard to find. A few games into the season we were pretty much in lead position through out the season. The aggressive style

did give loads of yellow and red cards and around february those penalties started to show. Lost some games due to injuries and bans and dropped down to 2nd for the first time in a long run. As the season ended, we were comfortably up

and won the league with 14 points, mostly due to 2 other top teams hit an abysmal form.

The Cups

The Cups were a Jekyll and Hyde perfomance. Exited the FA Cup in 3rd round qual, but got to the final in the FAT. 1-0 ahead and in control of the game, a red card in the 80th minute turned that around. Tranmere equalized in overtime and we

went into extra time, which ended 0-0. In the following penalty shootout, we drew the shortest straw and had to settle for runnerup.

The Players

Only one player turned out to be rock solid. Schott Schulton was dominating the midfield and attack. 52 app 8 goals and 9 assists.

The Extras

Board has been really hard to get money from. We were at a rented stadium and are moving to another rented stadium. They did however, agree to improve our youth setup, but am almost certain, low finances will cancel that investement again!

Hopefully next season will be as fun as this one, provided we can improve in the defensive department.

Season	League	Pos	Europe		FA Cup	Cap One	FAT/JPT
16-17	VNS	1st	None		3d Qua	None	Final

Good luck with the Linnets! They were my 2015 team, and have managed to make it further than ever in the challenge with them. In my...16th (I believe) season....sitting 2nd in EPL (10 behind City---so won't win the league this season). Also in my first CL (through the groups, got a tough knockout draw against AC Milan). The real talking point of the team was my 1st year top grad...who is still with me and sitting on 499 career goals!

Cheers, you did well with them!

I am struggling so far and after 22 games im sitting in 20th 5 points off safety...time for a tactical revamp yet again!

Nice work Dons!!
Awesome work Dons - congrats!
Nicely done Dons.

I've just hit the halfway point and am 20th, so need a better second half of the season to stay up.

Its not looking good!

Cheers!

Setting reduced work load in training, helped a lot on the form. Players didn't improve that much stats wise, but then again, they won't be on the team for long :p

Not liking my chances of surviving this first season. Two best players, goalkeeper and striker, both left before the season started. Left with three players I think are adequate for this level. Told my players we'll survive relegation and they thought I was aiming too high. Going with a 4-4-2, swinging in crosses and hoping for the best.

Archived