FM16 Big Upgrades/Wonderkids

As with every edition, there are always a few players who surprise everyone and get quite large upgrades (e.g. Harry Kane on 15 etc.) and some kids who aren't rated at all in the previous version and are suddenly wonderkids.

Just wondering who everyone thinks will get these upgrades and which new wonderkids will be in the game?

Personally, I think Denayer will have a big CA/PA upgrade. Andreas Pereira was massively under rated in CA in 15, so I think he will get a good boost. Nabil Fekir has been tearing it up at Lyon so should also get a nice boost.

Yeah, his form has been awful this season. Finding it hard to fill the "next Sterling" tag (probably because he's not, and never will be!). Not sure what his PA is on FM, but maybe should be around a -7/8?

Well, I haven't seen much of him this season, although last season he was looking fairly good. Think he's nailed on for either a -7/-8 potential, although leaning more towards a -8 as he is playing fairly regularly for Liverpool now.

To be honest the Dutch eredivisie was pretty accurate at the start of the year. Now that the season is over I expect an upgrade on the following players:

Jetro Willems - I honestly believe he can become a LB for team like Barcelona and Real.

Jairo Riedewald - CB - Really improved

Jasper Cillisen - GK - Ajax

Renato Tapia - Twente (might be a bit biased)

The PA of the other players is pretty accurate. Just up the CA to show the players are futher in their development and roll out FM 16 :p

Big upgrade to Duncan Whatmore who has come from nowhere to being Barclays under 21 premier league player of the year and getting some first team appearances and a goal for Sunderland.

Jordan Amavi needs improving.

Expect Rugani and Romagnoli to be improved a lot.

Embolo should be a must buy.

Not too sure about Ibe getting a big upgrade myself, on 15 he was rated as a decent premiership winger at the start, and I think thats probably about the level he's shown so far this season.

as for that point, it really doesn't matter

the attributes are fixed now (as of close of British transfer window) which means that you could turn into Messi and still be rated poorly

as for the OP, Harry Kane on FM15 initially was garbage, Spurs requested 4m for him at gamestart and he never plays a game for them

I expect pretty much every player that transferred to an EPL team this summer to get an upgrade.

on what?

they're rated by their last clubs researcher, so Martial will still be struggling to make it into the French team, rather than the 'next-Henry' that the United fanboys have dubbed him

on what?

they're rated by their last clubs researcher, so Martial will still be struggling to make it into the French team, rather than the 'next-Henry' that the United fanboys have dubbed him

Being a french football fan, i can guarantee you that Martial is going to be the leading star of our attack for the upcoming years, just a matter of time

Martial already has great stats for his age, and what he's done (not that much). He may get an upgrade but there will be no need for it to be massive.

Maybe a slight CA upgrade due to late season form last year, I don't see much else being done. If they wanted to go all in on the hype train they could make him a -10, but I don't see why they would change their opinion of his potential just because Man Utd spaffed mega money on him.

I'd hope Gylfi Sigurdsson gets a decent upgrade, seems much better whenever I watch him in real life compared to FM.

I think similar to in real life, he needs to be carefully handled in game to get the best out of him.. you have to play to his strengths, which I think Swansea do so well in real life.. one of my fave players both in game and irl incidentally.

Maybe a slight CA upgrade due to late season form last year, I don't see much else being done. If they wanted to go all in on the hype train they could make him a -10, but I don't see why they would change their opinion of his potential just because Man Utd spaffed mega money on him.

As per FM's usual rules, the utd researcher won't get to change anything about him till after next update, he will be rated by the Monaco researcher for this release :)

I think similar to in real life, he needs to be carefully handled in game to get the best out of him.. you have to play to his strengths, which I think Swansea do so well in real life.. one of my fave players both in game and irl incidentally.

You're probably right there, I've never actually managed him in game as he seemed so underwhelming(and never seems to have good seasons for the AI), may have to give him a shot in 16.

As per FM's usual rules, the utd researcher won't get to change anything about him till after next update, he will be rated by the Monaco researcher for this release :)

I know this, I didn't mean the Utd researcher, but there's nothing stopping the Monaco researcher to up his opinion. As I say though, no real reason to, barring(maybe, to real need even for this) a slight CA upgrade as his latter half of the season for Monaco was very good.

Archived