Football Manager Premier League Season Preview - We want to hear YOUR opinions

• Administrators

The people over at Red Bull are trying to find one fan from every Premier League team to answer a couple of questions for a season preview.

Given Football Manager fans tend to be pretty knowledgeable, we'd like anyone who supports a Premier League club and is interested in getting involved to answer the questions below.

The questions are:

• If you could sign one player from Football Manager to play for your team in real life, who would it be? And why?

• Where do you expect your team to finish in the league this season?

And of course please also mention which football team you support. Red Bull will then pick their favourite for each club and it'll potentially be included as part of their season preview on their website.

So please post your answers below. Thanks!

Well as Celtic are not in the EPL I will do Man Utd which is my English team.

I would sign Mats Hummels.

In midfield and up front they have everything needed to win a title, what they lack is a commanding CB, something they have not had since Vidic left. (Rio was also this type but was passed his best in his last couple of years at the club).

If they do sign a commanding CB then there is no reason why they can not win the league.

If they stick with what they have now then they will come up a little short, maybe 3rd place beckons.

I'll do Leicester City.

• If you could sign one player from Football Manager to play for your team in real life, who would it be? And why?

Steven Defour, Cambiasso will be a big loss. Defour would be a great replacement. Failing that..... Xavi.......

Hopefully above 18th

I support Manchester United.

The player I would sign is Harry Kane. You listening Mr Woodward? He's young, English and I think he would have an even better season than last year if he were playing in our lovely new Adidas Shirt.

Think we will be in the hunt for the title but maybe fall short and finish 3rd.

Arsenal fan.

I'd sign the striker we've been crying out for up-front for years. We don't need Benzema. We don't need Reus. We need Lord Bendtner.

We're gonna win the league of course. Already got a pre-season treble. We'll win everything this season. Probably do it unbeaten again as well.

Arsenal fan since 1998.

A new striker wouldn't go amiss, but I feel that we don't need to splash out on someone like Karim Benzema when we already have Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott and Danny Welbeck as out-and-out number 9s. Arsene Wenger's transfer kitty would be more wisely spent on an experienced holding midfielder, as I don't believe young Francis Coquelin is ready to hold down that spot just yet. We've missed out on Sami Khedira, so why not go for another German - Lars Bender?

I reckon we'll finish just behind Petr Cech's old muckers in the standings. Chelsea's decision to sell Cech to us has put us bang in contention, but I wouldn't have us down as title favourites - not unless we bring in that aforementioned midfield anchor we've been craving for years.

Being a Benfica fan:

I'm keeping it (fairly) realistic and say we should sign Fábio Coentrão. He is unwanted in Madrid and he would be a key player for us. Even if we could only get a loan deal it would still be a huge boost for our squad.

We are two-time champions but this year is going to be a real battle. Porto have signed some quality players and Sporting Lisbon are reborn with Jorge Jesus. I still hope we can keep our solidity and claim our third consecutive league title.

Arsenal fan:

• I would love us to sign Christoph Kramer from Bayer Leverkusen. Young player with room to develop, but intelligent, great engine and as well as being defensively aware, he can still distribute the ball well and would not harm our passing game. I think as competition for Coquelin he would be excellent. His stock is shown by Jogi Low starting him in the World Cup Final.
  • I think it's either 2nd or 1st. I have a feeling about this season and I truly believe we can, and should win the league. Cech was the last essential piece of the puzzle that Wenger has been working on these last 4 years.

Newcastle Fan.

It'd be between Jesus Vallejo or Gabriel Barbosa. I'd go for Barbosa because of the fact he has the potential to follow a similar path to Neymar, so to have someone like that grace St James Park would be exciting whilst it lasted.

Long transitional season, where I expect us to finish most likely around mid table, (12th).

Newcastle Fan -

We are in desperate in of a quality defender IRL - I would love for us to sign Holger Badstuber (FC Bayern)

This is going to be difficult season, 12th

Manchester City fan since 1989!

1 . If I could sign one player, it would have to be Paul Pogba. We need that commanding midfielder to replace Yaya going forward. He wouldn't need to be rushed into the team as he could learn and we still have a performing Yaya Toure. He also speaks English and hates United, what more could we want from a player?

2. Champions. Nothing else will be good enough this year for Pellegrini. We do have an aging squad and this could be the last year that some can perform at the highest level week in week out. Plus we've spent big on Sterling and I'm convinced he fits well into our system and linking up with Silva and Aguero, he will be the best signing in the Premier League this season.

Aston Villa Fan:

Taylor Twellman on football manager 2005 he just couldn't help but score, he also finished top scorer five years in a row.

• Where do you expect your team to finish in the league this season? If the new signings can gel quickly then I think 10th-13th is possible but I am going for 15th just because it is a transitional year under a new manager.

Chelsea fan

If you could sign one player from Football Manager to play for your team in real life, who would it be? And why?

Thomas Müller - probably the most intelligent attacking player in the world, has fantastic sense of the game, simply brain for football. Scores types of goals like Inzaghi did, because he can read the game perfectly, but also runs entire game like Gattuso did. Has incredible hunger for victory, but also slightly dirty player. Perfect fit for Mourinho.

Where do you expect your team to finish in the league this season?

1st, where else?

Arsenal fan

If you could sign one player from Football Manager to play for your team in real life, who would it be? And why?

Robert Lewandowski - We've been crying out for a top class striker for years, and he fits the bill. Strong, pacey and intelligent, all traits of great Wenger players and he would really give us the final piece. That's not to say I don't love Giroud, but hey, you asked the question.

Where do you expect your team to finish in the league this season?

I think there's a good chance we win the title, I certainly feel that we'll be at least second and push Chelsea all the way if we don't win it, put it that way!

I'm a Liverpool fan with a bone to pick with Red Bull. Having failed to replace a World Class talent last year, I was hoping we'd use the Sterling money to buy a talent similar to Suarez, with Carlos Tevez top of my list. Sadly, though, Red Bull gave us Ings!

We'll do well to finish fifth, but the absence of a replacement for Suarez will hurt us more than a lack of replacement for Gerrard.

• Administrators

Thanks for all your input, the final article can now be found here - https://www.redbull.com/uk/en/games/stories/1331739972831/football-manager-fans-guide-premier-league

Apologies for all those who weren't included and good luck to all of you for the new season!

Archived