Roamdaughter

If my daughter was out roaming I'd have words with her, she's far too young for it.

I use it in my 442 and the players I use tend to score about 25 goals a season in the league. The role is great if someone ahead of them if making holes or occupying the markers.

Great title!

But honestly I would not use Sanchez for the role. He is great at tracking back and winning the ball with his high Work Rate, and a Roam Daughter will not do that.

Afaik work rate is still used to determine how active a player will be at trying to find space (with off the ball determining how effective he will be at it), so would be an important stat for a potential raumdeuter imo.

I use it for one of my wingers who has has good off the ball, passing and dribbling but not only average pace. He gets a lot of goals and assists and can dominate the game when my main playmaker is unfit/injured - if the opposition has no DM or a weak full back

A quick question about this role:

Is the raumdeuter like a treqartista on the wing without the playmaking element?

Will he look for space only on his flank or will he go further inside and then just return to his flank when the team is on defence?

A quick question about this role:

Is the raumdeuter like a treqartista on the wing without the playmaking element?

Will he look for space only on his flank or will he go further inside and then just return to his flank when the team is on defence?

I think the bold bit is a decent interpretation of the Role. He roams all over the place looking for daughters (or space, or the ball) and generally reverts back to the flank when defending.

If my daughter was out roaming I'd have words with her, she's far too young for it.

I use it in my 442 and the players I use tend to score about 25 goals a season in the league. The role is great if someone ahead of them if making holes or occupying the markers.

Do you use someone with the same foot as the wing they are playing. For example if I use a retrained Sturridge who potentially should be very good there. I cant work out if he is better off on the left or right being left footed. I've noted cut inside is unavailable but I still have it in mind he'd be better on the right.

Do you use someone with the same foot as the wing they are playing. For example if I use a retrained Sturridge who potentially should be very good there. I cant work out if he is better off on the left or right being left footed. I've noted cut inside is unavailable but I still have it in mind he'd be better on the right.

It makes no real odds, as the role is also about what he does off the ball. Even when receiving it he doesn't have to cut inside, he might go wide etc. There isn't a real emphasis for cutting in specifically that would be the IF's job.

It's potentially a good way of mixing things up then, if I also have a right footer too as although the off the ball work would be the main focus, by default they should act differently in possession . I haven't really had the chance to assess the role in game yet so I apologise if it was a dumb question.

I have used different people in the AMR position as roamdaughters; Alexis, Walcott, Ox, Campbell ... they all seem to take to it quite well, but each with their own interpretations on how to fill the role. I wouldn't say anyone is disqualified from doing a good job in that role, unless maybe if they have really poor off the ball skills. Walcott for example is of more use to me in that role than he is as a Winger. And that is part of the parcel; it's not only about what role suits the player best, but also - and maybe even more important - it is about what role suits the team (and tactics) best.

Roandaughter?? Is that a Freudian slip?

this is beyond brilliant I cannot describe my reaction to the post; :applause:

I found players who generally asked to be marked by the opposition and hounded (i.e they get the ball, 2 people charge at them looking to break their legs) such as Hazard, Ronaldo etc to be great Roamdaughters (:lol:), as they drag the opposition out of shape even without the ball or specifically contributing to play.

How has this new role been for those of you that have tried it? I've been using Alexis on the right as one, in my Arsenal save - and it seems ok'ish, but not great. Totally overshadowed by Welbeck who's been lethal up front.

How do you use Welbeck? What role?

As fas as i know Thomas Müller is somewhat the origin of the Raumdeuter. An attribute you should look forward to, to assign this role to a player, would be really high stamina. Thomas Müller makes tons of roaming runs, most of them are useless. But by the sheer amount of runs he makes, he drifts out the opposition defense and some of the runs lead into goal scoring opportunities for himself and others. Thats why he needs such a high stamina for his play.

;9990874']How do you use Welbeck? What role?

As a CF/a in a 4231 Wide formation, Control/Attack and Very Fluid. IF/s on the left, the roamdaughter on the right. What I do now is to use Chamberlain and Alexis in those positions, and have them swap. They are both good in both positions. Ôzil/Cazorla in the middle as AP/s w/roaming. Just ended my first season, winning the league, and Welbeck winning the Golden Boot.

I tried this for a short while - my 3 central midfielders had to work harder than they had previously when I used 2 IFs - support.

Great when we had the ball - not so great when we didn't as effectively the three up front didn't want to track back so much :)

Maybe better use of the RD is to only play with one ..... But what do I know :D

I've only tried playing with one, with a player on support duty on the other flank (roles vary by player). Generally play false 9 or defensive forward support at FC to make space and trouble :-)

It works really well - nice having a 'winger' getting ahead of the play like the RD.

Archived