FM15: Arsenal FC

JEinchy

Crowley has developed REALLY well for you - what training did you have him on?

General training Balance, individual training Attacking Midfielder (All Roles) set to heavy. I had him tutored by Rosicky, too.

With the editor out, I've had a look at the Arsenal players' PAs. Here are a select few; if you don't want to know, then don't highlight the spoiler tag.

Aaron Ramsey - 179

Jack Wilshere - 171

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - 170

Wojciech Szczesny - 170

Serge Gnabry - 165

Calum Chambers - 165

Dan Crowley - -8

Gedion Zelalem - -8

Hector Bellerin - -8

Yaya Sanogo - -8

Julio Pleguezuelo - -7

Ainsley Maitland-Niles - -7

Chuba Akpom - -7

Kris Olsson - -7

Brendan Ormonde-Ottewill - -7

Jon Toral - -7

Chris Willock - -7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LB? Why LB? Tbh, I'd use him as backup for Ozil and keep Munir as a AFa
Ozil and Welbz play pretty much every game, so in terms of Munir's development it's better if he's covering two positions.

He'd be an excellent attacking LB (minus the pace). It's really difficult to find good left backs with high flair and vision, that's why I often retrain attacking midfielders or wingers who have decent defensive stats to full back. Also, thanks to Chambers at RB and Bender at CM, I should have enough defensive cover to compensate for Jack's deficiencies.

Also, I really like Jack as a player and just want him starting somewhere tbh. He doesn't fit into my preferred central midfield, as I always prefer having physical central midfielders who are good in the air.

So, I'll either retrain him to LB or play him on the right wing, depending upon whether I sell someone or not.

So, I'll either retrain him to LB or play him on the right wing, depending upon whether I sell someone or not.

LB all the way! Would be nice to see something as drastic as that. Usually retrain Gibbs as a LM also. Also had a world claass regen once and retrained him at RB just for cover, well forgot to take him off the schedule and before long he was natural there.

End of season 16/17

League Place - 2nd (15 points behind Chelsea :()

CoC - Winners! (2nd year running, beat Man City 1-0 in extra time)

FA Cup - Winners! Beat Chelsea 2-0 in the final!

Champions League - Quarter Finals, knocked out by Chelsea :( Bayern beat last years winners Barcelona, a reverse result of last years final

Transfers in

Edgar Le - 300k - Barcelona

Thiago - Free - Bayern Munich

Courtois - 25m - Chelsea

Transfers out

Szczesny - 9m - AS Monaco

Luis Muriel - 9m - Torino

Mixed season, not happy with the league form, however 2 cups out of 4 is not bad! Losing Bender for 7 months due to cruciate injuries definitely cost us in the league. Having finished 2nd twice and 3rd once, i really want this season to be our league winning year! Also got given a new contract by the board, at Arsenal till 2021 :D

Trudged my way through pre-season of my second season. I made just the three signings: John Stones (around £16mil from Everton), Patrick Roberts (£9mil from Fulham) and Joe Gomez (£6mil from Charlton), all with the view of replacing a few first team members next season. Stones stays with the squad as fourth choice centre back, while Roberts and Gomez were loaned back to Fulham and Charlton to gain valuable playing time before joining up with the squad next season.

On top of a whole bunch of released players and loans, the only major departure was Giroud. I didn't want to let him go due to how clinical he was for me last season, but I did promise I'd negotiate with Bayern should they offer and they did. I managed to get £20mil from them, which isn't bad for a 28 year old striker who wasn't even my first choice last season.

This season I'll be trying to play two tactics: a 4-4-1-1 and a 4-3-3. One of my goals this season is to get more out of Ramsey, and I believe the 4-3-3 will help me do that.

We had a very satisfying start to the season:

Chelsea0-5Arsenal_zps75a8062b.png

Spurs are our first league game, and we play Everton, Man Utd, Chelsea and Newcastle all within the first six weeks, so it's a difficult start.

I don't know if this'll be useful, but I find not playing anyone with a condition below 92% and subbing off players who's condition drops below 70% where possible leads to less injuries. Also, if anyone picks up a knock it's probably better to get them off the pitch as soon as you can rather then let them play on, as there's a good chance the injury will just get worse. I still get the odd injury but I've never had a major crisis managing the players' fitness this way over the past few editions of the game. Plus this gives my fringe players more game time, so their fitter and readier to step in when need be, which I think is especially important this year as match fitness takes longer to increase.

Couldn't agree more dude, this is my mantra every year and it usually works.

Second season roundup:

Pretty happy this season as I won the quadruple. Next season I really need to aim at getting further than the QF of the CL.

Transfers:

Transfersseason2_zpse9121390.png

Not a massive amount of transfer activity for the first team. Malcom came in to replace Giroud as back up striker, and Eder Alvarez Balanta and Shkodran Mustafi both came in to replace the outgoing Nicolas Nkoulou. Oliver was very much a luxury signing as I did not really need him. In hindsight, I probably should have loaned him out as he didn't play much for me. Apart from that, all of the other players that I brought in were youngsters.

League:

Table:

LeagueTableseason2_zps70c010f4.png

3 more losses this season than last season. All bar one were away from home. I am a little concerned about my team not performing away from home, so I may need to create a slightly more conservative tactic to make us more solid.

Awards:

Footballer of the year: Alexis Sanchez (again!)

Golden boot - Danny Welbeck (again!) (29) - Sanchez came third with 23

Player of the year - Danny Welbeck

Manager of the year - Me

Team of the year - Mesut Ozil, Alexis Sanchez, Danny Welbeck - Wojciech Szczesny and Kieran Gibbs as substitutes

Other competitions:

CL: Lost in the QF again - this time vs Man Utd. 3-5 on aggregate.

FA Cup: Won! 2-1 in the final vs West Ham.

Capital One Cup: Won! 2-1 in the final vs Tottenham.

Community shield: Won! 2-2 vs Man Utd, won on penalties.

Player stats in all competitions:

Playerstatsseason2_zps232c2fa0.png

Youngsters:

I've got the following youngsters that I feel are pretty exciting:

Produced by the club:

Tony Walker

Reece Jude

Eddie Axten

Brought in from elsewhere:

Kristian Andersen

Joao Pinho

Colin Masson

Paulo Barroso

Ugo Van Den Broeck

I've started a new career with Arsenal and i need an holding midfielder who plays as CM-D in my 4-2-3-1. I'm undecided between Lars Bender (my favorite in FM14 but he is injured) and Sami Khedira (who looks good but the wage is too high , 115k vs 86k for Bender). who buy?

I've had a good start so far on my first save:

CS - Arsenal 1-0 Man City - Cazorla 77' (p)

PL - Arsenal 3-0 Crystal Palace - Alexis 4', 23', Oxlade-Chamberlain 90'

CL - Grasshoppers 0-1 Arsenal - Cazorla 17'

PL - Everton 0-0 Arsenal

CL - Arsenal 2-0 Grasshoppers - Welbeck 37', 52'

PL - Leicester 0-3 Arsenal - Giroud 4', 40', Wilshere 16'

PL - Arsenal 2-0 Man City - Giroud 25', 29'

Overall a good start. Wilshere, Alexis & Giroud are playing well. Notably have not conceded a goal in 7 games so far.

I've started a new career with Arsenal and i need an holding midfielder who plays as CM-D in my 4-2-3-1. I'm undecided between Lars Bender (my favorite in FM14 but he is injured) and Sami Khedira (who looks good but the wage is too high , 115k vs 86k for Bender). who buy?

Why not look at someone else? Morgan Schneiderlin is another fairly obvious option, but then you have Christoph Kramer or someone such as Sergi Samper to choose from. William Carvalho, too, is another option. There are plenty of good holding midfielders out there.

90fb2434-4b4b-433a-a5d7-e846a86df102_zps4f2a73f9.jpg

January Report

Arsenal1_zps4f16f5d2.jpg

I bought in Munir & Saul From Barca for a combined 22.25m , John Stones came in for 13.25m(possible rising to 19m) & Joel Campbell on loan(end of season) , Bakkali will be coming on a free , Nathan of Atletico Paranaense will join for a max fee of 3.1m In Jan 2016 & Alexis Blin will join for a max of 18m(3.7m initial fee) in June , Gnabry went on loan to Ajax , Ollsson went on loan to Peterborough , Diaby Joined PSG for 13m

01/01/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.8 RWB: Debuchy 7.1 RCB: Koscielny 7.5 LCB: Dede LB: Gibbs 7.2 MCR: Arteta© 6.6( Ramsey 43/7.3) MCL: Wilshere 8.4 AMCR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.9 AML: Cazorla 8.4 STCR: Welbeck 6.4( Walcott 51/7.2) STCL:Campbell 6.5( Alexis 56/6.9)

Arsenal 3 ( Arteta Inj 43 , Ramsey 58 , Cazorla 72 , Walcott 81)

West Ham 0

04/01/14 | F.A Cup( Third Rd) | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.3 RWB: Debuchy 8.1 RCB: Mertesacker© 7.6 LCB: Kosicelny 8 LB: Gibbs 7.7 MCR: Ramsey 8.1 MCL: Gnabry 7( Diaby 67/6.8) AMCR: Alexis 7.1( Cazorla 45/7.1) AML: Ozil 9.3 STCR: Welbeck 8.8 STCL: Campbell 6.4( Walcott 73/7.3)

Arsenal 5 ( Alexis 9 , Welbeck 38 , Ozil 77 , Walcott 85 , Welbeck 89)

Cardiff 1 ( Pilkington 6)

10/01/15 | Barclays Premier League | King Power

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 8.4 RB: Chambers 7.1 RCB: Mertesacker 7.3 LCB: Koscielny 8.3 LB: Gibbs 6.9( Fuentes 69/6.7) MCR: Bender 6.8 MCL: Ramsey 6.8 AMR: Alexis 8.3 AML: Welbeck 6.7 AMC: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.6( Cazorla 45/6.6) STC: Campbell 6.6( Walcott 69/7.2)

Arsenal 2 ( Koscielny 33 , Walcott 86)

Leicester 0

17/01/15 | Barclys Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.7 RB: Chambers 6.9( Debuchy/6.6) RCB: Dede© 6.9 LCB: Koscielny 7.1( Mertescaker 81) LB: Fuentes7 MCR: Bender 6.9 MCL: Ramsey 8.9( Wilshere 81) AMR: Alexis 6.8 AML: Welbeck 9 AMC: Cazorla 6.7 STC: Campbell 8.8

Arsenal 4 ( Welbeck 6 , Campbell 29 , Welbeck 55 , Campbell 57)

Southampton 3 ( Tadic 12 , Long 72 , Welbeck O/G 90+1)

20/01/15 | Capital One Cup(Semi-Final , Leg 1) | Stamford Bridge

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 6.5 RB: Chambers 6 RCB: Dede 6.7( Saul 45/6.6) LCB: Mertesacker 6.4 LB: Koscielny 6.5( Debuchy 45/5.6) MCR: Arteta© 6.7 MCL: Rosicky 6.7( Wilshere 37/6.6) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 6.7 AML: Alexis 6.9 STCR: Munir 6.5 STCL: Walcott 6.2

Arsenal 1 ( Arteta PEN 38 , Saul Inj 73)

Chelsea 4 ( Cuadardo 56 & 58 , Hazard 70 & 90+3)

24/01/15 | F.A Cup ( Forth Rd) | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny 7.4 RB: Chambers 7.5 RCB: Mertesacker 7.1( Debuchy 78) LCB: Dede 7.8 LB: Koscielny 7.1 MCR: Arteta© 7.6 MCL: Gnabry 6.6( Ramsey 45/6.7) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.6 AML: Cazorla 6.6( Welbeck 78) STCR: Walcott 8 STCL: Munir 7.8

Arsenal 3 ( Munir 6 , Walcott 51 , Arteta PEN 86)

MK Dons 0 ( Alli Inj 17 , Afobe Inj 73)

27/01/15 | Capital One Cup(Semi-Final , Leg 1) |

TEAM: GK: Ospina 6.7 RB: Debuchy© 6.5 RCB: Koscielny 6.5 LCB: Hayden 7.1 LB: Gibbs 6.4( Cahmbers 66/6.6) MCR: Bender 7.3 MCL: Saul 7.3( Rosicky 76/8) AMR: Oxlade-Chamberlain 9 AML: Cazorla 6.8 STCR: Munir 6.6 STCL: Giroud 6.7( Walcott 66/6.6)

Arsenal 4(5) ( Oxlade-Chamberlain 4 , Hayden 48 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 64 , Rosicky 80)

Chelsea 4(8)( Costa 33 , Cuadrado 39 , Costa 41 & 75)

31/01/15 | Barclays Premier League | Emirates

TEAM: GK: Szczesny RB: Stones 7.3 RCB: Koscielny 8.8 LCB: Dede 6.8( Bender 34/7.2) LB: Gibbs 7( Chambers 42/6.9) MCR: Arteta© 6.9( Saul 27/6.8) MCL: Ramsey 6.6 AMR: Alexis 6.9 AML: Welbeck 8.3 AMC: Oxlade-Chamberlain 7.7 STC: Munir 7.5

Arsenal 2 ( Welbeck 5 , Oxlade-Chamberlain 18)

Man Utd 0

Well I'm returning to Arsenal for the 2014-15 season after a while since I played any FM and I'm certainly a bit surprised by some of the changes that have been made. For the first time in a few years I'm finding it difficult to get a decent tactic together!

Here's what I'm rolling with at the moment:

ScreenShot2014-11-08at235924_zps4c03d6e7.png

And the roles now they're in a different part of the screen:

ScreenShot2014-11-08at235913_zps9c39f472.png

Transfers out:

Flamini

Coquelin

Podolski

Monreal

Transfers in:

David Alaba as my big money signing

Youri Tielemans

Kristoffer Ajer

Jesus Vallejo

Niklas Sule (that pace and height!)

Munir

Kramer

Christoph Kramer represents my first mistake. I didn't notice he was on loan so I've spent around £10m on a player I desperately need - particularly having sold Flamini and Coquelin - but won't get until the end of the season. My first idea was to loan Neustadter for a year to fill the void but Schalke won't let him go out on loan. If anyone has any suggestions for a temporary fix to get me through the season then let me know please!

Cazorla and Mertesacker are both on the verge of leaving the club. I can't seem to set the rest of the team up to compensate for Mertesacker's lack of pace the way I could in FM14 so his weaknesses seem to be getting exploited rather than being the towering CB who's always in just the right place like I have been used to. I can't quite bring myself to lose the BFG just yet though. Cazorla just isn't quite doing it for me. In the Ozil shaped hole his long shot habit is a problem and out wide I can't get the best contribution from him.

I'm having fun with this FM15 brainteaser though. It's taking me a lot more figuring out than past iterations have.

Christoph Kramer represents my first mistake. I didn't notice he was on loan so I've spent around £10m on a player I desperately need - particularly having sold Flamini and Coquelin - but won't get until the end of the season. My first idea was to loan Neustadter for a year to fill the void but Schalke won't let him go out on loan. If anyone has any suggestions for a temporary fix to get me through the season then let me know please!

depending on how much cash you have, Paul Anton (from Padurii) and Simao (from Levante) are both pretty cheap and can fill that destroyer role (but gosh, so many bookings)

Hi,

I don't go onto the other forums much. Hence, asking here. In my Arsenal save, I find that my entire team is very, very slow in getting to the ball first. If the opposition striker takes a shot and my keeper saves, more often that not, the opposition are quicker to the rebound and tend to score. This isn't a coincidence as I've conceded atleast 8-9 goals by January in that manner. Any suggestions?

Also, having a lot of trouble with conceding goals at the near post. My defenders always seem to lose their man at the near post. Its ridiculous.

Infact, most of the goals I've had against me have been a combination of the above two factors.

Any tips to stop this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I don't go onto the other forums much. Hence, asking here. In my Arsenal save, I find that my entire team is very, very slow in getting to the ball first. If the opposition striker takes a shot and my keeper saves, more often that not, the opposition are quicker to the rebound and tend to score. This isn't a coincidence as I've conceded atleast 8-9 goals by January in that manner. Any suggestions?

Also, having a lot of trouble with conceding goals at the near post. My defenders always seem to lose their man at the near post. Its ridiculous.

Infact, most of the goals I've had against me have been a combination of the above two factors.

Any tips to stop this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I've noticed the same but I have to say that I've benefited plenty from this too. It's as though attackers from either side are able to better anticipate the ball in the box than defenders.

Just started a new game over the weekend now that I have the full edition, got Balanta for GBP 6.5 and Depay for GBP 11.5, very happy with those bits of business...got Khaderia for GBP 18.5 and some squad/back up players.

Looking forward to seeing how far we can go!

Same here, new fm 2015, new arsenal save for me. I got Balanta and Dedé who both look very good. Also bought Depay and Romero. I've decided to sell Cazorla and got 25 mil for him so that's okay for me. Overall a very good start, except for the community shield match vs man city.

The January 2015 transfer window has slammed shut (why does it "slam shut" as opposed to simply closing?). So far, coming in.....

Munir - Looks good already but I've put him in the reserves while he settles in.

Romero - Started very well, but has dropped off a little during December. Still a huge talent with bags of potential.

Scheiderlin - Never adapted, form declined to the point that my coaches recommended Ramsey over him for the DM role. Sold to Roma as part of the deal for...

Strootman - 3 games, 7.10 average rating and is already making a huge difference to ball retention in the middle of the park. Him and Wilshire seem to work.

Ajer - Straight into the U21 squad for this season to aid his development.

Balanta - Still a little raw but currently has an average rating of 7.48.

Nkoulou - Can't recommend this guy enough, he plays CB and DM, is good in the air and strong. £6.5m he cost, bargain.

Depay - Still a little inconsistent but when he's on form he's unstoppable.

And leaving...

Scheiderlin - Mentioned above.

Flamini - Ran around like a headless chicken, sometimes would back off players for no reason, other times he'd fly in at knee height.

Rosicky - Would have liked to have kept him but squad space was limited with 5 others who can play AMC, someone had to go.

Also, a special mention for Welbeck (23 goals by the start of January) and Arteta. I had a conversation with him in November about reducing his squad status to Back-up, he agreed with it. Since then he's been on fire, 4 goals in 7 appearances (though 2 were penalties). Glad I kept him.

I gave into temptation today and bought this on a whim on the home from Uni. Have to have another go with Arsenal, see if I can match my colossal save from FM11. :D Just got a few questions.

How does the 4-2-3-1 play this year? Is it still weak defensively with the LW and RW not tracking back, and the CMs not sitting deep enough to pick up #10s? Is the 4-4-1-1 still the superior version of 4-2-3-1? Good thing with Arsenal this season, they can interchange between these quite well.

Furthermore, before I start the save I like to tinker with the editor and adjust some players (criminal, I know :o:o) just would like to get some opinions on who needs a little boost and who is a little overrated? Last year I remember Giroud being unstoppable due to the match engine, not really his attributes, unlike real life where he is not that prolific. Normally, like to pursue through the data issues forum for some players from other teams also.

Apart from that, just need to activate certain national teams and I'll begin the save.

Welbeck has been absolutely lethal as a CF/a in a 4231 Wide formation for me. 19 goals in 19 starts. My save now a few days before christmas 2014. Haven't been able to use Giroud at all, because - as in rl - he's been out injured, just starting to train again now.

Have played FM 15 only a couple of days, but I'd say that it's easier to get a 4231 Wide working properly compared to FM 14.

How does the 4-2-3-1 play this year? Is it still weak defensively with the LW and RW not tracking back, and the CMs not sitting deep enough to pick up #10s? Is the 4-4-1-1 still the superior version of 4-2-3-1? Good thing with Arsenal this season, they can interchange between these quite well.

I actually changed from a 4-2-3-1 to a 4-4-1-1 mid-season because I was fed up of my attackers not coming back to defend. I found that putting AMs on Support duty does get them to track back more, but no where enough as they would when playing LM or RM. Even as Wingers with attack duty, they track back and help the defence.

The only trouble I'm having with it is getting my wide players into goal scoring positions more often.

Furthermore, before I start the save I like to tinker with the editor and adjust some players (criminal, I know ) just would like to get some opinions on who needs a little boost and who is a little overrated? Last year I remember Giroud being unstoppable due to the match engine, not really his attributes, unlike real life where he is not that prolific. Normally, like to pursue through the data issues forum for some players from other teams also.

Two that stand out to me as being a little underrated are Gibbs and Bellerin. Gibbs still performs fantastically well but is probably a bit better defensively than the game gives him credit for.

Other than that, I think everyone has been rated well this year. Nobody really stands out as overrated, other than perhaps Wilshere's mental stats.

I did a lot of fiddling with the 4-2-3-1 and the big downfall initially was always - as you've mentioned - the lack of AML/AMR tracking the fullback. This was resulting in one of two scenarios:

1. My fullback was overloaded by 2 players and left helpless to stop the progress down the flank, leading to an easy cross. We all know how those end this year.

2. My CM(d) was drawn across to help out the fullback, leaving an overload situation in the middle and the opposition would exploit that space to crack one in from the edge of the area.

The solution I've found is actually a simple one. Using the individual instruction Mark Tighter made my AML/AMR track all the way back. I also added mark tighter to my CM(d) and this made him stick nearer to the opposition AM rather than be tempted to get sucked out wide to close a winger.

I experimented using the close down more instruction in conjunction but this actually lessened the effect because sometimes he'd be drawn away to close down other players, leaving the fullback unmarked in advanced positions.

I'm currently using this just on my AML and not on my AMR. The result is that Danny and Alexis are staying high up field when the ball is won back, but at the expense of a little more vulnerability down the right.

My next challenge is to get the best out of the AMC position. With Ozil there it would seem easy but I just can't get him (or anyone else) to really contribute. I've actually experimented pushing him back to a roaming playmaker in the CM line and it's seems to deliver much more balanced results. He's coming a little deeper and applying a bit of pressure when we're not in possession (even if that's not really his game) but still gets up into the final third and finding pockets of space to dictate passing. So much so I'm toying with the idea of retraining him to become more familiar there instead.

Have any of you guys cracked the AMC role before I ruin Ozil? :D

Two that stand out to me as being a little underrated are Gibbs and Bellerin. Gibbs still performs fantastically well but is probably a bit better defensively than the game gives him credit for.

Other than that, I think everyone has been rated well this year. Nobody really stands out as overrated, other than perhaps Wilshere's mental stats.

Those two looked fine to me added some speed to Bellerin. Finished touching up a few players ca/pa around the database. For Arsenal, nerfed Giroud ca/pa and some attributes, Ramseys PA dropped a few points, can't believe he was given such a high PA despite that awesome season, higher than Kroos, Modric and Vidal! Shaved a few CA points off Santi and Ozil. Also reduced a couple players PA. All in all, the changes probably won't make that much difference in the long run as its only 1-2 points here and there.

End of January and a quiet window for me. Into the final of the Capital One Cup for the third year in a row! Facing Derby who beat Chelsea 3-1 away and drew 3-3 at home :) FA cup has me drawn against in the 4th round and I have been drawn against Barcelona in the first KO round of the Champions League :( And once again Chelsea are the pace setters in the league with 58 points after 23 games, I sit in 4th with 50 points with Man Utd and City in 2nd and 3rd.

Transfers In

RVP - 1.5m - Man Utd (bought solely for tutoring purposes, don't hate me!)

Cedric - 3.2m - Real Madrid

Transfers Out

Denis Suarez - 7.5m -

Tried to sign Angel Correa who looks awesome at Athletico unfortunately they would not budge from the 28m price tag

I did a lot of fiddling with the 4-2-3-1 and the big downfall initially was always - as you've mentioned - the lack of AML/AMR tracking the fullback. This was resulting in one of two scenarios:

1. My fullback was overloaded by 2 players and left helpless to stop the progress down the flank, leading to an easy cross. We all know how those end this year.

2. My CM(d) was drawn across to help out the fullback, leaving an overload situation in the middle and the opposition would exploit that space to crack one in from the edge of the area.

The solution I've found is actually a simple one. Using the individual instruction Mark Tighter made my AML/AMR track all the way back. I also added mark tighter to my CM(d) and this made him stick nearer to the opposition AM rather than be tempted to get sucked out wide to close a winger.

I experimented using the close down more instruction in conjunction but this actually lessened the effect because sometimes he'd be drawn away to close down other players, leaving the fullback unmarked in advanced positions.

I'm currently using this just on my AML and not on my AMR. The result is that Danny and Alexis are staying high up field when the ball is won back, but at the expense of a little more vulnerability down the right.

My next challenge is to get the best out of the AMC position. With Ozil there it would seem easy but I just can't get him (or anyone else) to really contribute. I've actually experimented pushing him back to a roaming playmaker in the CM line and it's seems to deliver much more balanced results. He's coming a little deeper and applying a bit of pressure when we're not in possession (even if that's not really his game) but still gets up into the final third and finding pockets of space to dictate passing. So much so I'm toying with the idea of retraining him to become more familiar there instead.

Have any of you guys cracked the AMC role before I ruin Ozil? :D

Ozil doesn't always perform for me either. I tried treqartista but I'm going back to advanced playmaker now. Actually Juan Fernando Quintero does better for me there. Alexis has been very bad for me. Gonna try inside forward for him now.

I see that most people are using 4 at the back, I've been a bit different and I'm trying to stick with my 3CB's and 3CM's, seems to be getting me some decent enough results, but saying that I've only played 4 competetive games!

What's the best place to upload photos to and once I'm home I'll put a picture of my tactics up!

Those two looked fine to me added some speed to Bellerin. Finished touching up a few players ca/pa around the database. For Arsenal, nerfed Giroud ca/pa and some attributes, Ramseys PA dropped a few points, can't believe he was given such a high PA despite that awesome season, higher than Kroos, Modric and Vidal! Shaved a few CA points off Santi and Ozil. Also reduced a couple players PA. All in all, the changes probably won't make that much difference in the long run as its only 1-2 points here and there.

Yeah I have been fiddling around with the DB. I haven't quite decided what to do with Mertesacker, Ramsey or Koscielny. How to replicate their real life issues to a greater extent

Got offered £23m for Gibbs at start of second season by Liverpool, which I thought was too good to resist. Anyone bought in any quality LBs? I'm taking a look at Jonathan Silva at Sporting but not certain I'll go through with it.

Bayern have 2 great left backs. Alaba is obvious as mentioned above, but Juan Bernat looks a real class player too.

I just wanted to share a game a couple of screenshots that demonstrate Mesut Ozil deployed deeper as a roaming playmaker as I had discussed earlier.

This is the first game of the PL 14/15 season and we're at home against Man United. I've sent my team out with an attacking mentality but I wanted to make sure that my midfield was contributing all over the pitch against the compact 4-3-1-2 that United seem to be rolling with this year so I dropped Ozil back from his natural AMC position into central midfield. To his right was Wilshere playing CM(s) and behind Khedira playing DM(d).

First up his passing. As you can see he was still a great creative presence:

ScreenShot2014-11-11at150500_zpsd3ec7535.png

But more impressively is his defensive contribution:

ScreenShot2014-11-11at150104_zpsd2f3df7c.png

I'm seriously delighted by the way he played. At one point he followed Van Persie all the way to the corner flag before getting the tackle in, which can be seen as the bottom right tackle above. That was from open play too, not a corner or free kick!

A massive shoutout needs to go to Khedira, who made 6/6 tackles, 10 interceptions, won 6/6 aerial challenges, scored 1 and assisted 1.

All in all it was a great 3-0 home win to kick the season off with!

Archived