Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

This aswell. If it isn't an absolute priority then it should be. I understand that you guys starting with Real Madrid or Chelsea or whatever will say this isn't a problem but for us that want to build a career up from the lower leagues it absolutely is and we can't start playing a career game unless it's fixed. And yes I do I know it's just a Beta, I broke my own rule this year of never buying a FM game until close to Christmas... at least that way you know it's playable.... but this is a feedback thread
If you're playing the Beta, you're not playing the full game (as in not release-complete). So, your "purpose" is actually to help identify issues and report them (IE here to see if it may be a bug or the bugs forums if you're sure it is one)... not just to get to play the game early.

I'm with Auqakuh on that one. If you play the beta and report the weaknesses and bugs it has, you will actually help in getting a better game eventually. Nobody's saying you have to start your full save already. You can also just pick a random team and see how it plays, get the feel of the game and report issues that you have with the game and start your full save as soon as there is a 'proper' version.

I'm not saying you are wrong or anything DogMartin, just saying that there are other ways to look at it.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can the match reports be fixed:

Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United

1 ccc vs 4 ccc.

Match report:

"United were lucky to win and were carved open multiple times by City"

No, they weren't, other way round. No idea what match the reporting bloke was watching. City were lucky to get away with a mere 1-0 defeat.

Actually a lot of clear cut changes aren't registered as such, as mentioned in the first post of this thread. So anything that describes either the amount of ccc's or the match itself will not function properly.

Guest El Payaso

This is 'a bit' odd. Started the promotion play-offs in Spain and had to hold the end of season team meeting before the actual play-offs. Also the fitness levels of players dropped to 70-80 and we're having goalscoring galores suddenly. Had kept a clean sheet for eight games in a row just to see my team suddenly collapse in second leg and lose 5-1...

E: and the AI teams are having normal fitness levels. No wonder that we're suddenly dominated in the games. Someone poured something to our Gatorades or a really really bad bug?

E2: so sad that this ruined my first season. :( Impossible to win teams with same quality with players that aren't fit anymore.

Can the match reports be fixed:

Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United

1 ccc vs 4 ccc.

Match report:

"United were lucky to win and were carved open multiple times by City"

No, they weren't, other way round. No idea what match the reporting bloke was watching. City were lucky to get away with a mere 1-0 defeat.

Match reports are done by the press, nuff said, not worth the paper they're written on just like rl in fact :)

For feedback with the aim of ironing out bugs for release :) just keep watching this space for updates but getting impatient will just make you bad tempered.

lol thanks Kriss. I promise not to get bad tempered heh.

Yes of course I understand it's a beta, I'm only impatient because this looks like a great FM and I really want to get going on it. I just wanted to prioritise how much of a problem the high scores are in the way of feedback. I know it's already being worked on but hey if nobody mentioned it again in the feedback thread then it might not be regarded as so important :)

On last year's game I could start with the Norwegian league loaded from January (or February?) of the next year, in the beta I can only start from Feb 2014. Is this something that will be available in the full release, or is there any league's I can load that will allow me to start in Jan/Feb 2015?

How is every finding the loan system in FM 15? One gripe I had about FM 14 is that when I sent a young player out on loan, they didn't seem to improve anywhere near as much I'd hoped.

It works okay but you do need to take time and trouble to loan players where they should benefit, not just accept random loan offers.

It works okay but you do need to take time and trouble to loan players where they should benefit, not just accept random loan offers.

Well I always make sure their going to get enough game time and always accept the club with the best facilities? Is there anything that needs to be considered?

Well I always make sure their going to get enough game time and always accept the club with the best facilities? Is there anything that needs to be considered?

Make sure you can recall them, clubs change so they could suddenly start getting left out.

Just looking at and comparing these both screenshots makes me wonder why they literally removed all the relevant information. No condition, no mood, no shirt number, no role and no duty.

Because having so much info on each screen made it a complete mess. The attack/neutral/defend should probably be there though, haven't played the demo yet but hoping there no longer info overload on the screens as the last few have been unplayable for me.

This aswell. If it isn't an absolute priority then it should be. I understand that you guys starting with Real Madrid or Chelsea or whatever will say this isn't a problem but for us that want to build a career up from the lower leagues it absolutely is and we can't start playing a career game unless it's fixed. And yes I do I know it's just a Beta, I broke my own rule this year of never buying a FM game until close to Christmas... at least that way you know it's playable.... but this is a feedback thread

This isn't only the case for lower leagues, I've compared last year's real life total amount of goals scored in the EPL to the amount in game after a season. There were about 800 goals too many scored. This does "only" translate to about one goal too many per match, but still it made me stop for now.

I understand it is a beta, but I'd be really happy for a fix before the release (last year I think we had another patch one week prior to release, so...).

There is something wrong with the player morale aspect of FM15. I find it very frustrating and unrealistic. I am managing Chelsea. Oscar's morale has been very poor since I sold a minor U21 player (Not even a very good one) 2 seasons previously and I am unable to do anything about it as the 'speak to' option doesn't include an option to discuss the matter. This is ruining the game for me. Sort it out guys.

Actually a lot of clear cut changes aren't registered as such, as mentioned in the first post of this thread. So anything that describes either the amount of ccc's or the match itself will not function properly.

That issue was in 14 and should have been sorted.

But anyway I watched the match, the 5 ccc's registered were all genuine ccc's.

1) Open goal from cross - scored.

2) One on one through pass - chipped it over the bar for whatever reason

3) cutback, six yards out, keeper saved.

4) far post header, open goal (keeper out of position, no real defenders near them.)

Don't even remember City's but then they never really got in the box! ^_^

Match reports are done by the press, nuff said, not worth the paper they're written on just like rl in fact :)

Can I burn them? I'm just worried if that is the media perception then it'll be the player perception too.

I'm happy with the result anyhoo, just worried about that. And the fact Van Persie is considering leaving due to lack of first team football, his fault for being injured and unfit.

I'm with Auqakuh on that one. If you play the beta and report the weaknesses and bugs it has, you will actually help in getting a better game eventually. Nobody's saying you have to start your full save already. You can also just pick a random team and see how it plays, get the feel of the game and report issues that you have with the game and start your full save as soon as there is a 'proper' version.

I'm not saying you are wrong or anything DogMartin, just saying that there are other ways to look at it.

Well that's an interesting can of worms you open there, but it should probably not be in the feedback thread.

I actually bought a ZX Spectrum so I could play Football Manager in the early 1980's. Then a game called Football Director came out and I remember I actually went to the guys house who made it to get a copy of Football Director 2 before it was released, you could do that sort of thing in those days lol. The point is I have played these games a LOT!

I don't play many other games but the question is.... is it only FM that could get away with releasing a game at full price, calling it Beta, then getting the customers to Beta test it for them? I have beta tested a few games myself but only before they were on public release, maybe this is normal now I don't know. I suppose they get away with releasing an update once a year and calling it a new game so I shouldn't really be surprised.

I don't mean all this in any negative way at all and it isn't a moan. I am a total FM fan and am quite happy to buy a new game each year I just wonder how many other game companies could do the same. Obviously FM do a a zillion hours of testing themselves so why don't they pick up that 7-4 scores in lower leagues is kinda strange and that GKs having a cup of tea whilst a forward runs half the length of the pitch to score is kinda not right? I saw that within an hour of playing.

I do hope this is taken as constructive criticism/feddback which is how it is intended.

Well that's an interesting can of worms you open there, but it should probably not be in the feedback thread.

I actually bought a ZX Spectrum so I could play Football Manager in the early 1980's. Then a game called Football Director came out and I remember I actually went to the guys house who made it to get a copy of Football Director 2 before it was released, you could do that sort of thing in those days lol. The point is I have played these games a LOT!

I don't play many other games but the question is.... is it only FM that could get away with releasing a game at full price, calling it Beta, then getting the customers to Beta test it for them? I have beta tested a few games myself but only before they were on public release, maybe this is normal now I don't know. I suppose they get away with releasing an update once a year and calling it a new game so I shouldn't really be surprised.

I don't mean all this in any negative way at all and it isn't a moan. I am a total FM fan and am quite happy to buy a new game each year I just wonder how many other game companies could do the same. Obviously FM do a a zillion hours of testing themselves so why don't they pick up that 7-4 scores in lower leagues is kinda strange and that GKs having a cup of tea whilst a forward runs half the length of the pitch to score is kinda not right? I saw that within an hour of playing.

I do hope this is taken as constructive criticism/feddback which is how it is intended.

Beta testing?

Do you not have Steam? Early Access (i.e. pay to test our game and hope we eventually release it, if we can be bothered) is the latest 'fad' that is now the norm because there's a massive market of impatient people available for it.

SI do fix things up at least, and I get where you're coming from but it's obviously a profitable venture or they wouldn't do it. >_>

I have to strongly disagree. They are doing us a huge favour by doing this. They take our views into account, giving them the chance to improve the game before release as well as spot some bugs that may not have been spotted without such a large number of testers. They don't HAVE to do this. It benefits both parties.

Guys this question has probably been done to death, i know your save carries over to the full game, but do the updates effect your save? Or will you still have the goalkeepers, high scoring bugs? Or do you have to start a fresh for the changes to work? Hope this makes sense.

is it only FM that could get away with releasing a game at full price, calling it Beta, then getting the customers to Beta test it for them? I have beta tested a few games myself but only before they were on public release, maybe this is normal now I don't know. I suppose they get away with releasing an update once a year and calling it a new game so I shouldn't really be surprised.

That's not what's happened though.

The game itself has not yet been released, you and others that pre-ordered the game have gotten access to the Beta.

Guys this question has probably been done to death, i know your save carries over to the full game, but do the updates effect your save? Or will you still have the goalkeepers, high scoring bugs? Or do you have to start a fresh for the changes to work? Hope this makes sense.

No, every match engine fix will apply to your very next match

No, all that stuff will update. Everything except any database changes, naturally enough.

What you describe as a game being an 'update' every year describes pretty much almost any game franchise out there. Even a big company like EA isn't able to develop their games at a very high pace if you ask me. Quite the opposite. Look at FIFA. They renew the concept every 5 years or so and then you're stuck with nearly the same gameplay and match engine for 5 years. And they have literally 80 times as much employees as SI. Same thing applies to all the other sports fanchises like most 2k games like NBA2K and NHL2K and lord knows how many other franchises they have nowadays. Not to mention all the Call of Duties, Battlefields and other shooters you have out there. Unfortunately that's how most game publishers work (not everybody, thank god) these days. Don't even get me started on all the Mario games. Who really needs a Mario Party 19 and a half? Who really needs Call of Duty 21 1/3?

And about the beta: SI has made it perfectly clear that FM is released on the 7th of november. Not a day sooner. If you start playing the game before that, you are made perfectly aware as a costumer that you aren't playing the full game at that time. Start complaining after the game is actually released on the 7th of november. Because that is the actual product. This is not. This is a work in progress. It's not mandatory to play the beta.

Regarding the high scores. Have you considered that it may have been the result of a last minute tweak to another issue they had just before releasing the beta? Tweaking a 3 million line code to perfection is not an easy job.

I personally really stand behind the way SI operates. That's my feedback for this thread today :)

IMO ;) And what is your opinion on it?

I'm fine with it but I do understand why some people want functionality to stay the same from version to version.

Thing is if you employ a UI team they have to do something :)

That issue was in 14 and should have been sorted.

But anyway I watched the match, the 5 ccc's registered were all genuine ccc's.

1) Open goal from cross - scored.

2) One on one through pass - chipped it over the bar for whatever reason

3) cutback, six yards out, keeper saved.

4) far post header, open goal (keeper out of position, no real defenders near them.)

Don't even remember City's but then they never really got in the box! ^_^

Can I burn them? I'm just worried if that is the media perception then it'll be the player perception too.

I'm happy with the result anyhoo, just worried about that. And the fact Van Persie is considering leaving due to lack of first team football, his fault for being injured and unfit.

I'm pretty sure that players don't react to match reports.

What you describe as a game being an 'update' every year describes pretty much almost any game franchise out there. Even a big company like EA isn't able to develop their games at a very high pace if you ask me. Quite the opposite. Look at FIFA. They renew the concept every 5 years or so and then you're stuck with nearly the same gameplay and match engine for 5 years. And they have literally 80 times as much employees as SI. Same thing applies to all the other sports fanchises like most 2k games like NBA2K and NHL2K and lord knows how many other franchises they have nowadays. Not to mention all the Call of Duties, Battlefields and other shooters you have out there. Unfortunately that's how most game publishers work (not everybody, thank god) these days. Don't even get me started on all the Mario games. Who really needs a Mario Party 19 and a half? Who really needs Call of Duty 21 1/3?

And about the beta: SI has made it perfectly clear that FM is released on the 7th of november. Not a day sooner. If you start playing the game before that, you are made perfectly aware as a costumer that you aren't playing the full game at that time. Start complaining after the game is actually released on the 7th of november. Because that is the actual product. This is not. This is a work in progress. It's not mandatory to play the beta.

Regarding the high scores. Have you considered that it may have been the result of a last minute tweak to another issue they had just before releasing the beta? Tweaking a 3 million line code to perfection is not an easy job.

I personally really stand behind the way SI operates. That's my feedback for this thread today :)

Couldn't agree more. Getting fed up with these people who think FM is nothing more than a 'yearly update'. Honestly it baffles me as to whether they actually play the game.

Look, I am not disagreeing with you, I stand behind the way that SI operates too. You quote me examples of Companies that don't update their games but I can quote you companies that do and don't release them as a new game every year for instance SCS with Truck Simulator 2, I'm not complaining about the way SI does business.

I know it's a beta ffs I just don't get after all the testing before SI releases the beta that we can all pick up a really obvious problem within an hour. Are you seriously suggesting that SI changed the code at the last minute then released the Beta to the public without testing it? Errrr.... really that isn't how things work. Get a Moderator tag then I will take what you say seriously until then you know no better than me

The tactics screen is a lot worse than last year's. Sometimes I think SI changes things only because it's a new game. The old tactics screen, with the player icon, name, role, and positional ability was perfect. Now we have the roles on the left side of the screen? And the stars? Of all the things that could be changed the tactics screen was so established, so easy to use, and everything was in the right place.

be baffled no more cleaner..... yes I do. I did miss FM14 though. I play just one career save all the time so when it gets to around October (real time) I start to think what's the point, I'm gonna lose this game in a few months. So I decided to only get a new game every other year

I would actually be curious to hear why people who prefer it do so. Anyone here have an opinion to share?

I actually don't use the tactics screen to select my players any more. I just use it to set my formation (which I only change about 4 times a season, bar a few tweaks). I mainly just use the squad screen now.

I agree but 6-8 goals a game on average really shouldn't need any feedback from us

It doesn't as the very first post in this thread says if you bothered to read it :)

As to rest of your diatribe, this Beta is just an expansion of the Beta which has been going on for some time and the bug list already included most of what you consider obvious bugs (Beta testers are pretty clued up you know);)

The value of this two weeks is mostly the feedback from people using hugely diverse rigs which SI couldn't hope to replicate and also people setting up games in a thousand ways starting hundreds of different leagues, which once again SI couldn't replicate with even a thousand testers.

Has anybody had a problem with contract offers? If I offer any player a contract, the most I can offer is £100 pw, obviously makes the game pretty much unplayable. I've got a transfer budget of £60 mil and £500k pw to spare in my salary budget! Any ideas what has happened?

I'm fine with it but I do understand why some people want functionality to stay the same from version to version.

Thing is if you employ a UI team they have to do something :)

I don't understand how you can be "fine" with a screen that now requires more clicks and is more time consuming and unfriendly to use than it previously was. It's all well and good saying it's a persons opinion, but opinion doesn't cut it here. The most important aspect of any UI is usability, and the current tactics screen is a massive step back from FM14. I see no purpose of this constant UI redesign we see every year other than change for the sake of change. In fact if the UI needs to be given an overhaul so frequently then it shows very little thought went in to the design of the previous UI

I must say I looked at a thread earlier asking for advice on a tactic and the tactics screen does look absolutely horrendous. Agree totally what some are saying that in FM14 it was perfect with the roles on the pitch screen so I am a bit baffled as to why change something that was perfect. To have to look to a screen I hardly used bar making subs seems very odd. When there are plenty of things that do need attention from version to version why change the one thing that was 100% spot on?!

Archived