FM 15 features

• Administrators
Miles just mentioned it on the Q&A - so it will still be there

Yeah FMC not dropped at all.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It seems they have focused on the 'bigger' changes, of course they will, it is the release show for the game.

I'm not sure burger vans or moustaches qualify as "bigger" changes, but each to their own :thup:

From the point of view of a natural pessimist, I thought there were mentions of developments in areas which have littered the wish list thread. The proof is in the pudding, so let's wait until the Beta is out before being too doubtful.

Ever heard of the element of surprise?

SI won't reveal their full hand in one go.

We will see how it plays out but I would say at a release show you want to show your best hand and then have some other elements for later, AI squad building has been a big problem with the FM series.

Players want to see it improved and improved a lot, if they mention such big changes to it, I as well as many others I would imagine would already be on another site pre-ordering.

I'm liking the sound of the new features, which I think will improve the game and enhance a number of areas of the game.

I'd rather have that than a major feature which isn't finished.

Good stuff. :thup:

Ever heard of the element of surprise?

SI won't reveal their full hand in one go.

Given that the preview is hugely important in order to hype the game, for pre-orders etc, it would have to be a special kind of ****** making the marketing decisions over at SI to not include changes to the areas mentioned in the preview. Either you are vigorously defending SI because you're a moderator or you're more optimistic than a kid on Christmas high on happy pills.

Lovely to see the usual chirpy, optimistic responses on here.

Bear in mind that any gripes about the quality of the motion capture and general graphical quality are being based on snippets of early Beta footage being streamed online I for one won't be judging anything until I see it in the flesh. Conceptually, many of the changes are welcome tweaks / additions. Try filling your glasses up to a smudge over half way for a change ;)

They just streamed it in an announcement presentation literally saying " look how awesome our new graphics and animations are".

Even you and your mod mates must be thinking using the visuals of FM as a main point in the announcement was a bit strange.

Given that the preview is hugely important in order to hype the game, for pre-orders etc, it would have to be a special kind of ****** making the marketing decisions over at SI to not include changes to the areas mentioned in the preview. Either you bluntly defending SI because you're a moderator or you're more optimistic than a kid on Christmas high on happy pills.

That final analogy is atrociously unacceptable.

I'm neither blindly defending nor more optimistic than a kid on Christmas high on happy pills.

The reality is somewhere between my stance and yours, and you need to wait until seeing the end product before throwing assumptions about.

In regards to the media features

I really dislike the current model. I think it's super boring and very repetitive.

However, I also think it has the potential to be really fun and important.

So I'm gal they're still working on it.

And, if I don't like it.0, I can't always turn it off.

Tactics are the same, training the same, no transfer improvements. Oh but we have tunnel interviews now and more flashy stadiums. Great, just great. Huge disappointment.

Thats your opinion. It's incorrect of course, but you are entitled to it. The media interactions are a vital part of the game reflecting real life.

Incorrect? For you maybe. I know i would've preferred a total rewamp of the transfer market, which sucked (especially for the AI) rather than that annoying crap.

They just streamed it in an announcement presentation literally saying " look how awesome our new graphics and animations are".

Even you and your mod mates must be thinking using the visuals of FM as a main point in the announcement was a bit strange.

Why? They have spent time and effort refining animations which are derided as robotic each year?

The feature video wasn't broadcast in the quality that I see when I play FM14, plus it was presumably created days / weeks ago, so what we saw was a lower quality video, earlier version of the match engine. I can see we won't agree here :)

Started watching, then sods law someone knocked at the door, paused it but it doesn't pause on twitch it just skips so I missed some stuff! I have caught up on Youtube now tho.

Early thoughts:

- I really like the feature that allows you to choose along a spectrum of tracksuit/tactical manager - presume this will have impact on pitchside teamtalks/interaction?

- Similarly, I like the new ability to set your style, areas of coaching expertise. Makes it much more personal.

- I also like what I've seen of the visual aspect of the match display. Motion capture is interesting as, when CM became FM, the CM brand did motion capture in their game, so I presume some kind of deal must have been made? I think the animations do look better

--- I don't want them to look FIFA-like tho, this is FM, a serious strategy game, so I think SI have got this one right

- I like the new player roles, good to see these evolving with the global game

- Small thing but the tactical screen seems slightly more visual in that different roles are displayed as ever so slightly deeper/more advanced depending on the role

- I notice on the player attributes screen that "creativity" is gone and is now replaced by "vision" - I agree with this

- I really do like the change to scouted attributes, i.e. them being in a range that narrows as you scout them more :)

This is the first video for FM15 so maybe there will be more, but I'd really want to see:

- Better Assistant Manager feedback - this has been a glaring hole, bug, utter disaster in FM14 that stained the game (so bad that it shouldn't have been released in this state)

- Better, immediately accessible tactics for the player who doesn't want to / have time to evolve their own. I DID notice that SI have included a greater range of default tactics. The question is, are they effective on-pitch? They need to be.

- Nr finished product ME. Not that FM14 was terrible at the end. In many respects it is the most realistic, now, but it had too many quirks that led, on occasion, to erratic results and frustration for me and evidently too many on these forums. Miles said there had been improvements to player intelligence - SI need to deliver on this, I've heard it all before. It is about time we had a release version that was decent - not one where Antonio Valencia wins player of the season and Jordan Rhodes is top scorer in the Prem - the output was evidence last time that the early ME versions were badly flawed.

That final analogy is atrociously unacceptable.

I'm neither blindly defending nor more optimistic than a kid on Christmas high on happy pills.

The reality is somewhere between my stance and yours, and you need to wait until seeing the end product before throwing assumptions about.

First of all, if I broke some forum rule with that analogy, I apologize. Personally I don't find it offensive.

Secondly, if I have to wait with throwing assumption out, so do you with your "SI won't reveal their full hand in one go". If anything, from logical deduction and the information that has been released so far, my assumptions seem way more likely than yours.

Or, they chose to highlight the changes they made that they felt represented the highest chance for customer growth?

Also, you know no one is holding a gun to your head to play the game, right?

By all means have a moan, but maybe drop the rubbish attitude about something that no one is forcing you to endure.

Are you seriously implying they made transfer system improvements and didn't mentioned it there? Please.

I'm saying that not all new features and refinements were mentioned. I know the internet is a "special" place, as this thread and Twitter prove tonight, but just consider the fraction of a possibility that not everything in the world is out to get us all. Please.

Are you seriously implying they made transfer system improvements and didn't mentioned it there? Please.

Maybe they did? Maybe they seen the transfer improvements as minor fixes (which in my opinion they are, though admittedly I don't know how complex the module(s) is) and decided not to put that in the video.

Why? They have spent time and effort refining animations which are derided as robotic each year?

The feature video wasn't broadcast in the quality that I see when I play FM14, plus it was presumably created days / weeks ago, so what we saw was a lower quality video, earlier version of the match engine. I can see we won't agree here :)

Granted we'll need to see a higher bitrate video to judge the new lighting and player models , but the animations are still robotic and stunted and the quality of the stream has zero to do with that.

You don't knock up a video saying "hey look how awesome our new animations are" while using a video not showing off the new animations, that was either the new mocapped animations or it wasn't.

And I know we won't agree here, you guys have to defend the product, that's fine.

Or, they chose to highlight the changes they made that they felt represented the highest chance for customer growth?

Also, you know no one is holding a gun to your head to play the game, right?

By all means have a moan, but maybe drop the rubbish attitude about something that no one is forcing you to endure.

It's a discussion forum , and you're not a mod. RT is perfectly capable of deciding where the line lies regarding between moaning and discussing the new features.

I'm saying that not all new features and refinements were mentioned. I know the internet is a "special" place, as this thread and Twitter prove tonight, but just consider the fraction of a possibility that not everything in the world is out to get us all. Please.

Thanks, I feel you are very 'special' also.

:p

So you really think that they go and announce moustaches, stadiums and tunner interviews but decide to keep silent on a key component of the game like the transfer system. If i were to think logically, it should be the opposite, shouldn't it? So yeah, sorry but i have an hard time believing what you are saying. Actually, it's true that not everything was revealed, but i'm 100% positive that any MAJOR feature improvement would've be mentioned.

Maybe they did? Maybe they seen the transfer improvements as minor fixes (which in my opinion they are, though admittedly I don't know how complex the module(s) is) and decided not to put that in the video.

I think they are smart enough to consider the transfer system a MAJOR part of the game (like training and tactics), and i don't think they gain anything by hiding an improvement over it. In fact it's quite the opposite, it's bad marketing strategy if you were right. So i'm 100% sure that's not the case.

Granted we'll need to see a higher bitrate video to judge the new lighting and player models , but the animations are still robotic and stunted and the quality of the stream has zero to do with that.

You don't knock up a video saying "hey look how awesome our new animations are" while using a video not showing off the new animations, that was either the new mocapped animations or it wasn't.

And I know we won't agree here, you guys have to defend the product, that's fine.

It's a discussion forum , and you're not a mod. RT is perfectly capable of deciding where the line lies regarding between moaning and discussing the new features.

You're lucky I'm not a mod or I'd probably ban you and everyone else.

I do not handle responsibility well.

Anyway, like rt said; just because it wasn't in the video, doesn't mean it won't be in the game.

I'd like to know what other features were put up for the vote in the meeting that saw the burger van feature elected and adopted.

This.

If it took them an hour to draw and add these, then that hour would have been better spent tightening up the ME, player ratings and transfer system.

I'll add my voice to the dissenters on the additional press conferences too, fun for five mins then it's always ass man's job. Maybe this year will be fun for ten minutes. In 2014 there must be a better way of generating these more dynamically??

Finally, more player roles is great but I don't want to have to trawl forums to discover if I can play a Wide playmaker with a trequarista whilst having a high def line (for example) These should correlate better to real life football.

Love the other new features, I expect the animations to look great once finished and the scouting is more realistic.

Looking forward to the game but slightly underwhelmed.

To be clear, this isn't correct at all.

My point of view is that you don't know what you have, until you have it. That is evident throughout my posts this evening.

Fair enough :p

My view is somewhat coloured by the behaviour of certain members and mods last year in the feedback threads. I look forward to the Beta and trying the new features.

I think they are smart enough to consider the transfer system a MAJOR part of the game (like training and tactics), and i don't think they gain anything by hiding an improvement over it. In fact it's quite the opposite, it's bad marketing strategy if you were right. So i'm 100% sure that's not the case.

The transfer system is a MAJOR part of the game and for the most part it works.

If they only had to make small bug fixes then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they decided to release that in a later Peres release as opposed to the big show.

To be clear, this isn't correct at all.

My point of view is that you don't know what you have, until you have it. That is evident throughout my posts this evening.

I agree it isn't correct.

But, I do think you, and others, get a little too involved and hence reactive to criticism of the game / SI. Chill, let us folk rant :) as long as it doesn't infringe on discussion. When you get too involved you become a target.

This.

Finally, more player roles is great but I don't want to have to trawl forums to discover if I can play a Wide playmaker with a trequarista whilst having a high def line (for example) These should correlate better to real life football.

This is a really good point. Hopefully there is better in game tactical documentation.

The transfer system is a MAJOR part of the game and for the most part it works.

If they only had to make small bug fixes then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that they decided to release that in a later Peres release as opposed to the big show.

There is a possibility there isn't another press release about new feature (probably only for the beta and the demo, that's it imho). Also you are really optimistic, but then again, if we think about it logically: They mentioned a small training improvement, a small tactical improvement (just a couple new roles, that is it) and you think they overlook a small transfer system improvement? No, sorry but i don't think so. You can still say that it may happen, but from my pov it's just wishful thinking.

Quite shocked at the amount of people that are being so negative based of a video should probably wait until you've actually played it

You do realise that this was a show to get people excited about the game and go and buy it?

You are making it sound like everyone that will(or may)buy it has already bought it, this was a release show, they are normally used to get everyone hyped for the release by showing the best elements(changes)to the game, thus people will hand over their cash and pre order.

Those of us keen enough to look on forums for the new features tend to be the hardcore fans of the series, hence a sense of underwhelming will always prevail. I've had my own moan too, but I have no doubt I'll love the finished game as an always do.

The new features that were announced perhaps are of more interest and will appeal more to new players, and perhaps that was the intention of this marketing video - to bring them in.

Archived