England - Euro 2016 Thread

Djstu23

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pass it about but not really go anywhere. No penetration and not troubling the Italian defence at all. I just want to see someone at least attempt to beat a man once in a while

Clyne has played some shocking passes. Not the only offender but one of the worst. Needs to tighten that up for this level

nope,, just saying these things happen, even to the best in the world

I think Green has had more than enough chances to prove himself and he's really not good enough. Forster is waaaaay ahead of him and I'd have Butland and, well, you in the team ahead of him tbh

Do players ever have the ball at their feet and decide to try and beat a man anymore? It's all check back in, pass it square but we don't really have a plan, we're not pulling them around. They just stay in their shape and eventually we'll play a ropey or ridiculously ambitious pass and give them the ball

Italy not been great but their goal came from someone actually being positive with the ball and going past someone. Amazing how that causes problems for the opposition, isn't it!

Man Utd against Liverpool was a textbook example of how to play against a back 3. Tonight we've been the epitome of how not to play against one. The whole thing has just been a midfield clogging match with no real quality from either team. Get Walcott out wide running into spaces behind their wing backs, not trying to dribble through their entire team.

Archived