[FM2014]Better Than Default Panels

ArtDekDok

ArtDekDok do you know which graphics files I would need to edit/make transparent so that I can see my background picture? I need to change each panel to be see through. Hope you understand!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920152288663740184

So if you see each different panel is dark grey (attributes, preffered moves, player statistics), I want to be able to make it see through so that I can see my green background that it behind them!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtDekDok do you know which graphics files I would need to edit/make transparent so that I can see my background picture? I need to change each panel to be see through. Hope you understand!

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/920152288663740184

So if you see each different panel is dark grey (attributes, preffered moves, player statistics), I want to be able to make it see through so that I can see my green background that it behind them!

edit your dark grey image in skins\fm dark-widgets\graphics\boxes\subsection to transparent

or copy from other skin to your skin

edit your dark grey image in skins\fm dark-widgets\graphics\boxes\subsection to transparent

or copy from other skin to your skin

A quick question, on the club information profiles, is it possible to change the Nickname field with the Division?

Great panels, I like them a lot. Thank you :)

In the player panels, is there some way to move 'personal details' to where 'career stats' are and have 'attributes' fill up the space where it is now and take over the space where 'personal details' are? I can't see all the attributes without scrolling.

Thanks

someone did ask on page 1 but i dont think anybody replied - where can I get the stadium pack that are in the OP's screeshots?

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/1981/fmc-stadium-superpack

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/2088/fmc-stadium-update-pack-1

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/2667/fmc-stadium-update-pack-2

A quick question, on the club information profiles, is it possible to change the Nickname field with the Division?

Great panels, I like them a lot. Thank you :)

open "club overview details.xml" goto line 138 change layout="-1,-1" to layout="-1"

delete section <!--Divition--> line 141 - 191

goto section <!--nickname--> line 22 delete line 23 - 39

paste this code instead

<container id="DIVN">
<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="vertical,fill" offset="0" gap="0"/>
<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="top" offset="0" gap="0"/>
<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="5" layout_children="true"/>

<record id="object_property">
<integer id="get_property" value="TISN"/>
<integer id="set_property" value="hidn"/>
</record>

<widget class="comp_button" spec="text" id="comp" style="bold" icon_enabled="false" size="11" comp_display_type="1" alignment="centre,top" auto_size="vertical">
<integer id="get_property" value="Cdiv"/>
</record>
</widget>

<widget class="label" id="CdiL" spec="text,small" font="fonts/letterpressed" alignment="centre,top" auto_size="vertical">
<integer id="get_property" value="Cdiv" />
<boolean id="name" value="true"/>
</record>
</widget>
</container>

In the player panels, is there some way to move 'personal details' to where 'career stats' are and have 'attributes' fill up the space where it is now and take over the space where 'personal details' are? I can't see all the attributes without scrolling.

Thanks

If you need move 'attributes' fill up open file "player overview panel.xml" goto section <!--midleft--> delete section <!--1--> line 286 - 376

I make new attributes no scrollbar and personal details table https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwd-AmguWMhXVlRNS1BEZ2hDWHM

open "club overview details.xml" goto line 138 change layout="-1,-1" to layout="-1"

delete section <!--Divition--> line 141 - 191

goto section <!--nickname--> line 22 delete line 23 - 39

paste this code instead

Thank you ever so much! That's worked :)

But, as it's blank where the nickname field should be, do I need to copy what I've deleted to put it there, or is there something else I need to do?

i m trying to add the team profile view (with the stadiums) to the default dark skin of fm14, but tho im tried again and again i couldnt.

can some give me a step by step way to do it?or a link to download the dark base skin with the team profile changes?cause im really novice?thank you in advance

Thank you ever so much! That's worked :)

But, as it's blank where the nickname field should be, do I need to copy what I've deleted to put it there, or is there something else I need to do?

http://pastebin.com/qQazhHAW

where can I download pic of stadium? I download this in steam and I only see pic of seats.

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/1981/fmc-stadium-superpack

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/2088/fmc-stadium-update-pack-1

http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/2667/fmc-stadium-update-pack-2

hey artdekdok, are you planning to alter FMC skin for FM? i think you might do a good job, what do you say?

Is not in my plan, I think FMC have good with simple details :)

i m trying to add the team profile view (with the stadiums) to the default dark skin of fm14, but tho im tried again and again i couldnt.

can some give me a step by step way to do it?or a link to download the dark base skin with the team profile changes?cause im really novice?thank you in advance

Copy 'graphics' folder and 'panels' folder in 'club overview' folder to 'fm dark-widgets'

In game setting click button 'Clear Cache' untick 'Use caching to decrease page loading time'

I don't know what I'm doing wrong....but the descriptions "technical, physical, mental" are missing in my game when I put these panels, I can't see it, I don't know to solve it, where I must extract the files???

open file 'player attribute.xml' change offset to -6 or re-download main file

Sorry and thanks ArtDekDok, the descriptions "technical, physical, mental" are missing in my game in "Player Overview window", changin this parameters this "headings" continue missing, we can add this panel to Instant Result skin?? How??? (sorry for my english), thanks!!!

Hi ArtDekDok

I was just wondering if there was a simple way to get rid of the polygon attribute analyser and make the player profile bigger ? I'm totally ignorant to everything which dealss with graphics so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ArtDekDok,

can you help me change this?

i want a cleaner page with less sections, so i ask you if you can create the xml to look like this:

j0mv.png

1. that "posicoes" section, to take all the space down, some height as the left sections

2. add more options to the dropdown list of sections i can select

3. change the player picture to 180x180 format

4. add a border (like the ones you can see between the middle sections, preferably with same size) on the left and on the right

thank you very much

Hello. Sorry, maybe it'a noob question but I don't know where to find the answer.. I've applied the panels and everything looks nice and beautiful, however my last concern is about my top panel where is my name, division and team. As I see from the screenshots here, most of them have some more options as icons like "transfers, news, etc.". I'm using the default dark skin, but I don't have them and I have no idea how to put them there. You can see below what I mean..

6741712.jpg

Does anybody know how to fix this and add the additional icons ? I'm using the default Dark Skin plus the additional panels with 1366 x 768 resolution.

Thank you!

I really like your panels! great work. Only thing I don't like are the "Coloured attributes boxes"... I always have pretty specific attribute colors and now I can't change them anymore in the preferences... well, at least the colors in the inbox and in the attributes window for a player. I really like the attributes as they are in the player profile window. Can anyone tell me how to delete the Coloured attributes box panel? Thanks in advance!

Edit: So, I've managed to "delete" the boxes. Now every attribute color is white... O_o

Hello. Sorry, maybe it'a noob question but I don't know where to find the answer.. I've applied the panels and everything looks nice and beautiful, however my last concern is about my top panel where is my name, division and team. As I see from the screenshots here, most of them have some more options as icons like "transfers, news, etc.". I'm using the default dark skin, but I don't have them and I have no idea how to put them there. You can see below what I mean..

6741712.jpg

Does anybody know how to fix this and add the additional icons ? I'm using the default Dark Skin plus the additional panels with 1366 x 768 resolution.

Thank you!

You enable those yourself. Just right-click on the header and it will let you select which button shortcuts you want to show there.

ArtDekDok,

i want a cleaner page with less sections, so i ask you if you can create the xml to look like this:

j0mv.png

1. that "posicoes" section, to take all the space down, some height as the left sections

4. add a border (like the ones you can see between the middle sections, preferably with same size) on the left and on the right

thank you very much

And if you can add the attributes changes to this view would be great...

ArtDekDok,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but on the player profile overview page, where the panel with the attributes is, there is the button for "highlight attributes for role" (just below "recent attribute changes"). This actually doesn't work or show what it is supposed to. Instead of giving options to see which attributes are required for playing every role, it shows which attributes are trained for each role available based on the positional competence of the player. Can this be fixed and if yes, now?

Thanks

Good stuff ArtDekDok!

It looks like you know your skinning, so I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions. :) Are new custom panels needed, or which panels should be edited, if one wants to move the "Browse" button that is seen when the game is processing? What about changing font size on the main squad screen, or make the squad screen rows a little bit more visible?

Thanks.

edit.jpg

Edit: Actually the lighter rows are probably the background. Contrast in this case indeed is not sufficient imo. Darker dark rows then, or perhaps I should just test a tad lighter background.

Edit2: I have pretty much solved these things. No need to think about them ArtDekDok. :)

I've tried looking for it, but cant find it..

The player statistics panel (from he attributes and history screen) is not available as a panel on the profile screen. In the first screenshot I see it is though. How can I make this panel selectable for the default skin? I dont want to change the skin layout!

• SI Staff
Good stuff ArtDekDok!

It looks like you know your skinning, so I hope you don't mind me asking a couple of questions. :) Are new custom panels needed, or which panels should be edited, if one wants to move the "Browse" button that is seen when the game is processing? What about changing font size on the main squad screen, or make the squad screen rows a little bit more visible?

Thanks.

edit.jpg

Edit: Actually the lighter rows are probably the background. Contrast in this case indeed is not sufficient imo. Darker dark rows then, or perhaps I should just test a tad lighter background.

For the first part of your question you need to edit the "game processing panel". Use the Ressource Archiver to extract all the panel from the game if you don't have it.

Second part. Not easy to change juste one font here as it looks like the default font. The best is to edit the widget = text with size = " ".

You can play with contrast by editing some graphics.

folder = graphics / table/ custom/ line up

Just edit the papers from the differents folders inside.

If you are just talking about the separator, then you need to edit the interface separator paper.

Hope it could help.

I can't make "media handling style" display in text style like "media description", "age", "reputation", ...

But can display in table style like preferred move or staff personal details

Hi ArtDekDok

Would appreciate if you could let us know how to display the media handling in a table style

Thanks

For the first part of your question you need to edit the "game processing panel". Use the Ressource Archiver to extract all the panel from the game if you don't have it.

I will check that panel out.

Second part. Not easy to change juste one font here as it looks like the default font. The best is to edit the widget = text with size = " ".

So it should be possible to change font size in one spot without interfering all places with same kind of text? Or do you just mean the font size settings in the settings.xml? For some reason editing the settings file text sizes does not have any effect on the skin I'm trying to modify.

You can play with contrast by editing some graphics.

folder = graphics / table/ custom/ line up

Just edit the papers from the differents folders inside.

If you are just talking about the separator, then you need to edit the interface separator paper.

Hope it could help.

I meant the darker colour behind every other row. I found it from here:

\graphics\table\custom\stripe

Thanks for your advice!

Thanks again for identifying this panel for me. :thup:

I ended up moving the "browse" button vertically rather than laterally. I made the header a bit higher and aligned the button to bottom. Now its not hovering over the "continue" button and I don't accidentally click "continue" when I want the game to stop. Much better. I wonder why the good folks at SI have placed "browse" to such a ridiculous place?

You're welcome it's one of the first panel I edit so suit my own taste. ;)

I'm going to look the font story, I think it should be possible by addind some code into the line but I never tried so...

Are you in habit of editing the position of the "browse" button or just otherwise changing things around in that particular panel? I don't know why a mistake (IMO) like the placement of that particular button can be present in the game for the second version in a row.

I changed the font sizes across the board in the settings file, but if you can find out if and how the size can be changed on only the squad screen that would be great.

Hi artdekdok mate!

my screen resolution on my laptop is 1366*768 . I have downloaded and installed your specific panels for that resolution but still got some little problems..

How can we shrink those parts so i can read all the numbers? which panel i need to edit?

S_bastien_Corchia_Overview_Profile.jpg

Ps: i know i can put 95% or 75% size from ingame preferences but then letters/numbers will be just too small to read... :(

I've managed to make this work first time round and it looks even more gorgeous than I expected it to. Great work ArtDekDok :thup:

I have but one small query. Using your panels, whenever I navigate to a team which has only two kits, the game screen automatically displays a "blank" third kit in white background and black foreground colours on the club overview and information screens when none exists in the database. Is there a way this can be removed or disabled please? Thanks in advance.

can someone please explain me how should i make my player picture a bigger (real size) one?

180x140 pixels? here picture is scaled down and there still empty space below ''contracted to unterhaching'' so it can easily be real size one...

what panel i need to edit..and how? thank you :)

iym6.png

ArtDekDok,

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but on the player profile overview page, where the panel with the attributes is, there is the button for "highlight attributes for role" (just below "recent attribute changes"). This actually doesn't work or show what it is supposed to. Instead of giving options to see which attributes are required for playing every role, it shows which attributes are trained for each role available based on the positional competence of the player. Can this be fixed and if yes, now?

Thanks

I have exactly the same problem :(

I searched in the XML files, but I have not found how it is possible to change this.

Someone would have an idea please?

Sorry and thanks ArtDekDok, the descriptions "technical, physical, mental" are missing in my game in "Player Overview window", changin this parameters this "headings" continue missing, we can add this panel to Instant Result skin?? How??? (sorry for my english), thanks!!!

try re-download main file

One question: in the folder "Documents/Sport Interactive/Football Manager 2014/ there is no folder called "panels". It should be created manually? I used the default skin ..... thanks !!

make new folder called name "panels" in "Documents/Sport Interactive/Football Manager 2014/"

or put .xml files to "panels" folder in your skin

ArtDekDok,

thank you very much

What more options you need in dropdown list ?

What resolution you are using?

I really like your panels! great work. Only thing I don't like are the "Coloured attributes boxes"... I always have pretty specific attribute colors and now I can't change them anymore in the preferences... well, at least the colors in the inbox and in the attributes window for a player. I really like the attributes as they are in the player profile window. Can anyone tell me how to delete the Coloured attributes box panel? Thanks in advance!

Edit: So, I've managed to "delete" the boxes. Now every attribute color is white... O_o

If you don't like "Coloured attributes boxes" you don't download "Coloured attributes boxes" file.

ArtDekDok,

Thanks

I don't like this button options too, and I can't fix this issue

@artdekdok

what about the player shirt graphic in player overview profile? ist it possible? would be so nice.

where to put player shirt graphic in player overview profile ?, new option in dropdown list ?

I've tried looking for it, but cant find it..

The player statistics panel (from he attributes and history screen) is not available as a panel on the profile screen. In the first screenshot I see it is though. How can I make this panel selectable for the default skin? I dont want to change the skin layout!

open original "player overview panel.xml" change "player_season_stats_panel" to "player_stats_panel"

Thanks a lot for this great addition, but I have a problem not showing the first row in player 'attributes no scroll' :(

re-download or open "player attribute no scroll.xml" and change layout to -1

Hi artdekdok mate!

my screen resolution on my laptop is 1366*768 . I have downloaded and installed your specific panels for that resolution but still got some little problems..

How can we shrink those parts so i can read all the numbers? which panel i need to edit?

Ps: i know i can put 95% or 75% size from ingame preferences but then letters/numbers will be just too small to read... :(

open "player stats panel.xml" go to <widget class="table" try change layout from -4 to -5 or -6 (not all -4 layout) and -14 to -13 or -12 or -11

I've managed to make this work first time round and it looks even more gorgeous than I expected it to. Great work ArtDekDok :thup:

I have but one small query. Using your panels, whenever I navigate to a team which has only two kits, the game screen automatically displays a "blank" third kit in white background and black foreground colours on the club overview and information screens when none exists in the database. Is there a way this can be removed or disabled please? Thanks in advance.

open "club overview panel.xml"

find "club overview kits panel"

in this file have 8 line <widget class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" ....... file="club overview kits panel" ..... >

change "client_object_viewer_xml_panel"

to "club_overview_kits_panel"

open "team container information overview panel.xml"

find "<container class="subsection_box" priority="3" >" line 988

change "<container class="subsection_box" priority="3" >"

to "<container class="subsection_box" priority="3" id="tiki">

can someone please explain me how should i make my player picture a bigger (real size) one?

180x140 pixels? here picture is scaled down and there still empty space below ''contracted to unterhaching'' so it can easily be real size one...

what panel i need to edit..and how? thank you :)

player profile personal details.xml

How did you get it working Mons?? thanks please help I'm struggling to get it working. I have it saved in Graphics as panels is that the right place to have it or should it be in skins folder? Thanks

put .xml files to "panels" folder in your skin

please help my player picture doesnt show up no more

Clear Cache ?

Untick Use cache ?

Reload skin ?

Archived