Football Manager 2014 "LIVE" Data Update

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I seriously wonder how accurate this whole thing/db is when first thing i saw is a transfer by Chelsea for Salah there when there isn't any annoucements or official.

How is the approval done? Do you allow any tom dick or harry with a Steam ID to submit changes and take it for granted, the change is verified and true?

Also Adam Morgan joined Yeovil on a permanent deal, not a loan deal as seen in the changes.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/152424-morgan-joins-yeovil-on-permanent-deal

There's an error with Cameron Stewart as well as you have him on loan at Charlton from Leeds. He was at Charlton you are right but he is still officially a Hull player. He is now on loan at Leeds until the summer then he joins Leeds permanently after the loan spell. He is still a Hull player at the moment

If i understand correctly, you have to validate every change submited to release a new update.

Maybe it would be a less time consuming solution for you to have within the list of changes an up or down vote, so if someone knows that one transfer submited is correct you can up vote it, and if not, down vote it with some comment (or link) regarding the problem or error. That way you can make a rule that, for example, includes the submited change to the db if the change has more than 50% upvotes.

Keep the good job.

Downloaded this, and wanted to add in a future transfer.

But in game, under the player, the date is different to the date that is displayed under the transfer tab, why is that? THe date under the transfer tab is correct, but the date under the player profile changes to the next day, each time I progress forward...

It is indeed.

Hope he hasn't given up on it. I think he was getting quite frustrated with some nagging people on twitter...

What I'd like to know is, I only want transfers contract and bans.. however I don't know how as such. I've got the Windows app, I've downloaded the DBC file from the site, and I've adjusted the filter on the Windows App. However, everything gets put into the game, including injuries and the other stuff I didn't want. Where am I going wrong?

It appears this is over for the foreseeable future.

Hi everyone, sorry for the delay at looking at the site problems (got 3 ill kids at home). It appears that some files have gone AWOL from the server, resulting in the site being blank when you visit. Unfortunately, the auto-generated backup is missing these files too, so it's not a simple fix - I'd have to rewrite the code for each file.

At the moment, I don't have any free time to sit down and sort it, which means the site will be out of action for the foreseeable future.

I'm hoping that this isn't the end of the "Live Update" (it's too good an idea), and am looking for anyone (or a group of people) who wish to take over the project.

Unfortunately I can not hand over the website source code, though. As well as now being incomplete, there are snippets of security related code in there that I use in other websites, but I'm more than willing to explain the process of how to process the submitted data to enable it to work. (If you know how to code websites, you'll already know the basics of how this works anyway).

The Windows app is something I am able to share, and the source code for that will be made available to those that take on the Live Update.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this since it was released at the time of the FM2014 Beta and a big thanks to everyone who mentioned us on Facebook, Twitter, and around the web.

Dave

The source: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s0jdcd

• 1 month later...

Archived