Football Manager 2014 "LIVE" Data Update

We all appreciate the hard work that goes into FM Data Updates. I know from speaking to some people on here and other sites the amount of hours that are put in almost every day to make sure nothing is missed. I feel though, that it's time we set these people free and allowed them to enjoy the game more by proposing that we collectively create a data update using hundreds, perhaps thousands of people like ourselves to maintain it.

I've been working on a web-based tool that allows ANYONE to help create a data update. You don't need any editor knowledge, you don't need webspace to host your changes, or email it to me etc. etc. It's all done as a form on a website. All you need to do is turn on ID's in your game.

It's going to offer 5 different options for you to update:

Transfer - This is player and/or staff. You can set them as a free agent, transfer to another club, or move a player on loan.

Contracts - Update contracts for staff/players

Positions - Alter player position attributes (1-20) for all positions (GK, AML, ST, WB etc.)

Injuries - Add injuries to players

Bans - Add bans to players

Staff Roles - Change staff roles (make a person Manager, Chairman, U23 GK Coach etc.)

Once the change has been submitted, it gets verified and is then INSTANTLY available in the data update. The update doesn't get released once a month, fortnightly or whatever. It's constantly updated and the updated file is what you end up downloading - even if a change was approved 5 seconds ago, it'll appear in your download.

Here's the process:

1. Select the type of update you want to perform

XiJ2y8T.png

2. Fill out the form (in this instance, transfer a player)

8gSrGPU.png

It's so simple this should have been done a LONG time ago. Here's where you guys come in though. I need people who are interested in updating the game, not just for themselves, but for everyone. The tool is complete and ready to go. All you need to do is visit the website, sign in using your Steam credentials, and that's it.

Cheers guys :)

NEW! Windows App Released

I've finally finished off a little executable file that will run on your PC, automatically updating Football Manager 2014 in the background which means that any time you start a new game you'll always have the most up-to-date data update that we have.

When you run the app, minimise it to your system tray, then right click on the Data Update icon to select an Import interval - either every 30 minutes, 1 hour or 2 hours. You can also set this to Manual and just use the Manual update button on the app itself.

The app will notify you when it has updated FM2014.

Link to Website To Add Changes & Download: http://liveupdate.me

Subscribe to Update on Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=193103217

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exactly it. We're all fans of different clubs and our knowledge of football differs from person to person, so for example if you're from Iceland and you watch a lot of football over there, you'll be far more knowledgeable about board changes, managers being sacked/hired, player contract changes etc. etc. than others will be.

Instead of relying on one or two people to have that knowledge (which they wont) we can get everyone involved to make it even more accurate :)

Would it be possible to add a date in every box ? I mean something like this

Transfers

xx move to xx

xy move to xy

xz move to yy

zz move to yz

and so on ...

i put the jan update in my editor data folder when i go to start a new game i cant select the db

Click on New Career >> Then it should say choose DB, at the bottom it'll say editor data files and say how many are enabled and how many in total. If you put a tick in the check box you can change which are actice etc. It should show as active already in here though if you put it in the right folder.

Dont understand :) When i downlod from the link i get a file called "Supports Interactive Data Update"

Then i put it into the Editor folder at fm, when i start a new game i choose to tick the box for using editor data. But the editor data file who show up in the game is as i wrote above ""Sports Interactive Data update - 25 January 2013", and i start a new game and none of the transfers have been made, Jenas still in Tottenham etc etc

Why?

Dont understand :) When i downlod from the link i get a file called "Supports Interactive Data Update"

Then i put it into the Editor folder at fm, when i start a new game i choose to tick the box for using editor data. But the editor data file who show up in the game is as i wrote above ""Sports Interactive Data update - 25 January 2013", and i start a new game and none of the transfers have been made, Jenas still in Tottenham etc etc

Why?

It's not a full transfer update yet, you can see this on the log changes from where you download it.

Due to the way the editor works, and some of the entries submitted I needed to alter a few things on the site. You should get all approved changes now. I'm working hard to remove any failures that normally crop up when people create data updates. Two famous ones I've downloaded today have 6 fails each. This one has NONE.

@underkiller - there will never be a final update. It's continuously updated and the most-up-to-date version we have is always available for download.

Do you plan on being able to specify not only transfers but a player's club? For example in the lower leagues the squads may not be up to date, will this update look at this issue at all?

Also is there any way to look at a particular team and see their squad and extra details, making it easier for people to see that a transfer has already been authorised? I can imagine the change log might get quite lengthy and this would be quite a handy tool to use.

@magicmastmind124 - so long as the club exists in the game and an ID can be obtained for it, you can place players in any club you want.

The changelist is going to be altered to be club specific as it is getting lengthy and confusing now. It'll break it down by transfers in and transfers out.

No problem! Keep the changes coming guys, the more you submit the more up-to-date this is.

And remember, we don't have release dates. Once we approve your submission it appears in our update instantly - download it and use it in your game :)

An important thing to note: when our update says 200 changes, or 205 changes, these are ACTUAL changes. I've seen some updates where a player has had no fewer than FIFTY changes that mean absolutely nothing. Usually when the editor makes a mistake and corrects it, it still counts the mistake as a change. So if someone boasts they have over 20,000 changes, or 8,000 changes or whatever, it could be 10 or 20% of that that are actual changes that make it into the game.

Our update is the ONLY update that is 100% accurate in regards to the real number of changes you'll find in your game. When we transfer 1 player, and change his contract to suit - that equals 2 changes. Not 80 or 100 that others have been found to do (god knows how!)

Anyway, I'm pushing on trying to get updates done when I have the time in order to get this more up-to-date. Concentrating on Scotland at the moment as that's where I mainly play my career games. Got quite a few changes from others to approve tonight as well, which is fantastic. Really enjoying how this is beginning to take shape.

And you're right magicmastermind124, once this settles down and it's up to date, it's going to be fantastic having something that can be updated within seconds as soon as a transfer happens in the future - constantly up-to-date.

Nice system mate.

I agree that changes don't matter, but the number of transfers do, so that's easily found with the "set number of changes at least 1" filter.

Also, if I may add, 2 changes per transfer aren't enough as you have to add wage, squad number, the fee in his history and the new team in the non-playing history panels; namely about 6 to 10 changes.

Depends how thorough you are looking to be, of course.

But my point is that if you open up and browse through changes of some of the more popular updates around here you'll see a stupifying amount of changes. People don't open the editor and do a filter to get an exact number of transfers that have been done. They just see the changes number in FM when loading the update. It's just a shame that the game can't filter through all the changes and just say "485 people amended" instead of "8430 changes".

The things you mention - non-playing history panels, squad number etc. aren't included in this update at the moment as I've kept things simple to get it off the ground, so this one is still 2 changes - 1 transfer change, 1 contract change. When this update gains popularity and we get enough people updating it often we can begin to throw more "advanced" things in like you talk about.

Archived