Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will you also not use any computers because of the security weaknesses in their OSs?

There's very little you can use in the software industry that doesn't have problems. For some reason people always demand far more of FM and are a lot less understanding or accepting when there's problems. Yet they're perfectly happy to use a web browser which contains a plug-in that basically invites hacking/virus planting, for example.

Will you also not use any computers because of the security weaknesses in their OSs?

There's very little you can use in the software industry that doesn't have problems. For some reason people always demand far more of FM and are a lot less understanding or accepting when there's problems. Yet they're perfectly happy to use a web browser which contains a plug-in that basically invites hacking/virus planting, for example.

In all fairness, it's more about standards. The game is for all intents and purposes, unplayable. Also, having a go at paying customers is not a good idea in any business. The customer is always right. Stop being so condscending. At the very least, people have a right to vent their frustration.

The person who came up with the phrase "the customer is always right" was an idiot. Anyone who's ever worked in a customer service role will tell you the same thing.

The game is so "unplayable" I've racked up over 300 hours of gameplay, and there's thousands of people currently playing it. Actually having looked, there's currently, at this very moment, over 58,000 people playing it (according to Steam stats).

People have a right to be constructive in their feedback. If they just come here to vent, it's not welcome, quite frankly.

In the few months since FM13 was released, I've spent something like 5 or 6 times the amount of time I spent playing FM12 since it was released.

This could be due to a number of reasons.

This is a much better game with a few persistent niggles.

That's a personal opinion.

The game is so "unplayable" I've racked up over 300 hours of gameplay, and there's thousands of people currently playing it. Actually having looked, there's currently, at this very moment, over 58,000 people playing it (according to Steam stats).

SI have no competition, which means that people will buy Football Manager each year regardless of the problems that persist. They basically own and run a monopoly over the Football Management simulation market which is never a good thing, as competition keeps things fresh and keeps developers on their toes. It's quite clear.

SI have no competition, which means that people will buy Football Manager each year regardless of the problems that persist. They basically own and run a monopoly over the Football Management simulation market which is never a good thing, as competition keeps things fresh and keeps developers on their toes. It's quite clear.

If the game was unplayable, it wouldn't make any difference if there was competition or not. People don't continue to play bad or properly broken games.

And why should consumers roll with it? Why PAY to TEST a game that had clear flaws on release date and even after the 2nd patch.

Not quite sure how anyone can try and defend the quality of this release.

In my opinion, lacking competition in football managing game is key for SI's lacking of action toward negative feedback of patch 13.2. If customers still buy their games, why should they change attitude when dealing with negative feedback?

In real life business, competition drives company to deliver better product from time to time. Even Apple had apologized to customers for poor Maps they delivered. A Sr.VP fired. That's power of free market and competition which are missing in football managing game.

As a paid customer, all I want is result. I did not have to think whether it's X'mas or how long a fix will take. I would suggest those who are not happy with FM13.2 keep claim and waiting for SI's response. If you don't like it, don't buy their games. That is the only way for SI to pay for their mistake. Ranting at Mod here is in vain. Most of them are not employee of SI. Nothing they can do about it.

In my opinion, lacking competition in football managing game is key for SI's lacking of action toward negative feedback of patch 13.2. If customers still buy their games, why should they change attitude when dealing with negative feedback?

In real life business, competition drives company to deliver better product from time to time. Even Apple had apologized to customers for poor Maps they delivered. A Sr.VP fired. That's power of free market and competition which are missing in football managing game.

As a paid customer, all I want is result. I did not have to think whether it's X'mas or how long a fix will take. I would suggest those who are not happy with FM13.2 keep claim and waiting for SI's response. If you don't like it, don't buy their games. That is the only way for SI to pay for their mistake. Ranting at Mod here is in vain. Most of them are not employee of SI. Nothing they can do about it.

Patch 13.2 has been out less than a week ffs. Give them a chance.

Google maps on apple caused loads of real life problems. Football Manager is a game.

In my opinion, lacking competition in football managing game is key for SI's lacking of action toward negative feedback of patch 13.2.

You're in no position to claim a lack of action because we don't yet know what the next step is, they've acknowledged what seem to be the main problems and when they decide on a course of action we'll be informed.

I have the same issue, just freezes for a second before a goal, just barely noticed though.

I am trying your fix, but cant find it exactly.

I went to preferences but cant find the automatic nor the 60 !

A couple of people have said it has worked for them with lag in the highlights.

You have to go to preferences and then 'match' there you will find the option to change it to 60.

Something must have went a bit wrong with the 'automatic' setting.

Calm down guys, you're arguing is'nt helping anything.

The best thing is if people find FM13 unplayable and still need the FM fix then go back to 12 and download the latest data update.

it is what it is,

in a way whats ironic is that because the game has been so good, so addictive that the backlash is that much more when its not correct.

It's a strange one, some games Bale is having 30 dribbles, others 10-15 (still too high)

So there must be something with how the AI is setting up it's tactics. It's frustrating , but at least it's a level playing field , as it's happening for and against the AI. Struggling to get Cavani back into the action though, majority of my goals have come through set pieces and midfielder/wingers since 13.2

Dat 8-0

The ME is really broken..OH WAIT!

Now, i think that massive dribbling is the BIG problem in this new patch

lol just cause chelsea score 8 in ONE game big scorelines aren't an issue. Man City have gotten into double figures 3 times on my save and im at the end of january.

In all fairness, it's more about standards. The game is for all intents and purposes, unplayable. Also, having a go at paying customers is not a good idea in any business. The customer is always right. Stop being so condscending. At the very least, people have a right to vent their frustration.

The customer is very rarely right. That's just total nonsense.

This thread is the perfect example. There are two diametrically opposed views (it's broken/it's not broken) being expressed by customers, they can't both be right can they?

Well,I'm managing Barca,4th season and my attacking players are all 16+ in dribbling,pace and acc..I'm usually up 3-0 in the first 15mins of a game. Very annoying,taking the joy out of a game. Messi is mental after the update..scoring free kikcks for fun,assisting,scoring..think he scored 16 goals in 12 games and added 18 assists lol

Seems like it is balanced when you play in lower leagues with weaker teams. But once you get up to the big leagues with good teams, you seem to start see insane increase of everything. And thats not good at all.

So as of right now, the game is only playable (as playable it can be) with lower league teams where the players are 1-3 star.

Anything above this is unplayable.

Seems like it is balanced when you play in lower leagues with weaker teams. But once you get up to the big leagues with good teams, you seem to start see insane increase of everything. And thats not good at all.

So as of right now, the game is only playable (as playable it can be) with lower league teams where the players are 1-3 star.

Anything above this is unplayable.

Seems to be just the very top tbh, I'm in Argentina Div 2 and none of the dribbling/high score problems are evident.

Seems to be just the very top tbh, I'm in Argentina Div 2 and none of the dribbling/high score problems are evident.

What ive figure out is that a 4 star or above type of player, will be overrated when he plays. Players bellow this "standard" playes, as realistic as you can get it.

Little to much shots some times in matches, but not as much as with the top teams.

I've played an insane amount of every game since 2001. This is the first time I've felt compelled to come on here and provide some feedback. Haven't read through everything in this thread, however; I decided to register on these forums for the first time in years.

I'm playing with Newcastle in my 2nd season, just beat Manchester United 7-0, then went to Aston Villa and lost 3-6.

Reading some of the other posts on here; you need to sort this out asap. The holidays is when I - and many with me - want to get into this game. I'm not playing until some sort of fix is released.

Thank you for providing us with a wonderful game.

The person who came up with the phrase "the customer is always right" was an idiot. Anyone who's ever worked in a customer service role will tell you the same thing.

People have a right to be constructive in their feedback. If they just come here to vent, it's not welcome, quite frankly.

Ackter.

Your paying customers have every right to vent if they are unhappy :) .

Do people really think that bugs and patching are solely an SI thing or something?

Using Borderlands 2 as an example:

On release the game contained bugs that could wipe your save files, reset your progress, partially reset your progress, crashes and several usual gameplay issues and exploits.

When the first DLC was released they patched some of them. However, it could still wipe saves, reset your progress etc while also introducing a crash bug to one of the main bosses (which made it impossible to complete for over 50% of users) and a broken final boss.

When the second DLC was released, none of these issues were patched.

It's taken until about a week ago for the most recent patch which, while not wiping out the save/progress problems, partially protected you against them so if it did happen you could recover some, if not all, of your data. The crash bug for the main boss has finally been fixed. The broken final boss from the first DLC is still broken. Most of that patch was dedicated to tuning weapons performance rather than actually addressing proper gameplay issues.

Or shall we talk Skyrim? A game that's been out, what, a year? It's still full of crashes, memory issues, bugs everywhere and is so shoddy that the PS3 version can't even get the DLC. Bethesda have a much bigger team than SI and the game was in development for many years, but it turned out to be the most bugged game released from a major company.

This is the reality of games (and most software). Whether you agree with it or not, your only choices are roll with it or not play any games at all.

I wouldn't recommend norm referencing i.e referring to poor performance as a baseline - it tends to drag down the performance of your own department / organisation / product etc. Norm-referencing is poor practice so, please stoppit! :)

It doesn't go down well with your customer base here, either - it is poor communication given that everyone knows there are problems with the ME.

I've had some really good help today, personally, with another issue, where the SI team have done their level best to fix my save-file. :) People here know what the team are doing behind the scenes and it IS appreciated.

In turn, please, please just stop referring to other games, focus on your own game. I do worry from what I hear that poor initial performance in games is becoming common and this needs to be reversed by ALL producers.

I wouldn't recommend norm referencing i.e referring to poor performance as a baseline - it tends to drag down the performance of your own department / organisation / product etc. Norm-referencing is poor practice so, please stoppit! :)

It doesn't go down well with your customer base here, either - it is poor communication given that everyone knows there are problems with the ME.

I've had some really good help today, personally, with another issue, where the team have done their level best to fix my save-file. :) People here know what the team are doing behind the scenes and it IS appreciated.

In turn, please, please just stop referring to other games, focus on your own game. I do worry from what I hear that poor initial performance in games is becoming common and this needs to be reversed by ALL producers.

Thanks for that, I tend to agree with the overall sentiments, now do as I say before I forget it's Christmas :D

I really appreciate all the work it takes to program this game. Im a fm / cm fan since cm 01/02. But I paid for a finish game and I can't play it because of long shots and ridiculous score lines. I am very upset. I hope SI release a hotfix before the end of the year.

It's sooooo sad to see my FC Bayern team played horribly for the latest update. When an opponent dribbles, 3-4 of my defender all together chase the same person leaving the

other opponents unmarked!! What the fish???? I did not mind if it happens once in a blue moon but it happened almost in every match!!!

Next, it is so illogical to see your best player to deliberately to give away possession by passing back to own half..not once but twice in a match!!! Tooooo many long shots which is

so unreal!!

I've been your devoted hardcore fans since the days of CM till now. So please SI..many of us are footballers too in real life and we paid to buy this game because we want A REAL

FOOTBALL SIM!! Thanks!

Ackter/Kriss,,,,, Just wondering. For those of us who are now not experiencing the issues as much (and I was but bizarrely am now not) is it worth us uploading our tactics to see if others who are experiencing the issues can do a test? Worth a try as an experiment?

It's worth trying but I suspect the worst issues are in the top leagues from what evidence I've seen, i.e. over powered dribbling and high scores.

The most logical and wisest move for SI would be revert back to FM2012 match enginge, That was fantastic and very realistic.

This once isn't realistic at all. Not stats wise but just to watch, the players movement is like a floating ghost or something its rather odd and the whole of it is uncomfortable to watch.

It's worth trying but I suspect the worst issues are in the top leagues from what evidence I've seen, i.e. over powered dribbling and high scores.

See my post above re my season so far in the Premier League where my problems have subsided since a change of tactics or isn't the Premier one of the League's with the issues?

See my post above re my season so far in the Premier League where my problems have subsided since a change of tactics or isn't the Premier one of the League's with the issues?

Yes it is so your tactical tips might well apply, unfortunately I won't be rising to those dizzy heights for many a day in my save :(

I am not sure if this has been mentioned before: disputing balls in the air often results in foul. Also this floating balls attract the best headers like magnets, usually my CBs are drawn out of position and i have seen the same happening to the opposition.

Another thing is that the closer the tackles happen from the ref the higher chance of being yellow card, these fouls happen mostly around the center of the pitch and the ref. I have been hit hard with yellow cards since the update and i think it increased slightly.

Here you go if anyone wants to try the test. These aren't win, win, win tactics but at the moment I am doing ok with them and my issues such as bunching closing down and mad dribbles everywhere have subsided. They are Classic not TC based so I just switch between the two depending on how a game is going. Might be worth a try to see if some of the issues lessen for you. If they don't it will be very intriguing because as I say issues have declined since I made these.

41221 Tactic http://www.mediafire.com/?b9tcka15v67a3j6

41221 Counter Tactic http://www.mediafire.com/?o17lptelkl2216e

From my experience the game is now quite well balanced in the lower leagues. It's a challenge for SI to fix the obvious issues with top level play without messing up the balance further down the ladder. I hope they can manage that because personally I'm just about starting to enjoy my save now.

I've been playing a LL game today in the Blue Square Bet North league and I can say that it still goes on but not as frequent (due to stats of course). I have a winger with 14 in pace and it tends to happen when he has the ball, though - but he has the highest pace in the league. Another thing that is very obvious is that the closing down still has players running after the same ball/player in multiple numbers (both the opposition and my team)...

Whilst i am enjoying FM13 far more than FM12 , it forces me to do far more to get results. Currently in 2025-26 season and have been in Ukraine with Metalist Kharkiv for last 4 seasons. The first two seasons were under the previous patch and last season and a half under the 13.2 - First of all Shakhtar have gone from a side who i could generally compete with to a machine. They regained their title last season amassing 86 from a total of 90 and are on course this season to actually beat that.

In previous seasons there was the odd dodgy result after a european tie which is generally realistic no longer happens. I no longer even look to see how my main competitor for the league gets on i will just presume 5-0 regardless of opposition

They've made no significant transfers either , just replacing sales with similar players as any normally well run club does.

Dynamo Kiev who could put in a decent effort in the seasons prior to the patch have gone the opposite way. Will probably finish easily about 20 points off the pace. Again like shakhtar no significant changes , same manager , yes 2 years older but squad is on average28 or so. Two bad seasons one could say but i think its more to do with the gulf class between a 4 star and 3 3.5 players similiar to the rise of shakhtar

I've actually resigned as a test and ran it through half a season all under AI management before reloading back my save. Shakhtar came back into line with a few dodgy results here and there and kiev improved a bit with Metalist in between , close on the tails of Shakhtar where i was expecting them to be. Yes it was only 1 test , would have to run significantly more to see a trend.

The games in europe are generally more realistic in my view in this patch - wins at home struggle away but that's pretty common for eastern european teams anyways. My performances in europe have suffered but i can just about meet board expectations.

On gameplay i constantly see my left winger who basically uses his right foot for standing on only , cut inside run 40 yards , move over to right side of pitch try cross and which ends in pathetic fail . Have also noticed in a few occasions on defence of a near post

corner where my defensive header clears the ball back out to the opposition crosser about 5 of my players will move out of position to close him down which irks abit . Closing down is on its normal setting

Archived