Match Engine Update 13.2 - ME feedback here please.

I am sorry if I were in a game and I saw Messi running around skinning my players I would BRING him down HARD. Thats the reality. So thats adapting to the match..and thats what using the TC is all about. If you dont want to use the tools at your disposal in the form of the AI instructions, then noone can help you..

It wouldn't have been a big of a deal if it was one player.

All midfield players, inside forwards, strikers and full backs dribble like crazy and all the defenders do is run beside them, probably watching in awe.

I've tried both Zonal and Man Marking, i've tried Pressing More, nothing works mostly because the defenders NEVER tackle a moving player, they never anticipate runs and goalkeepers being utterly rubbish doesn't help much either.

Remember, this goes both ways, my players are doing crazy dribbles as welland 8/10 of my last games have been 7+ goals, 1 having 11 goals in a match, 8 of them in one half.

And please do note, i DO NOT have the time and patience to re-learn and re-create tactics for every single goddamn bugged update SI throws at us.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@milnerpoint

Man Utd adapt because over time football changes, yes of course it does but it does not radically change over night renering the last tactic useles. Also they will never come across god like players who can dribble all over the pitch even though they are decidedly average. All the players would not all of a sudden develop an urge to shoot from everywhere despite being told not too. The same said players would also be expected to get with 20 yards of the net when they shoot.

Why are you trying to compare these things, of course the world doesnt change overnight, but this is a computer game, with a programmed match engine, you cannot change real football with a patch, but as a manager you have to adapt to what is going on around you.

Rachidi said it well above, adapt to whats going on, make changes to counter what your seeing, dont just expect to be able to do nothing and achieve the exact same level of success you were before.

People (on both sides) really need to accept that what they see in their game is not universal. One person has an issue with too many goals "OMG SI SORT IT OUT" the next person cant score a goal for fun "OMG SI SORT IT OUT", which is exactly why SI have an impossible job, its easy to sit and have a go at the testers without really considering the bigger picture here.

Anyway, im not bogging another thread down with me defending SI, so have fun picking me apart if you want.

Care to tell me what is nonsense? The fact that I don't see any of these issues in my game? Or the fact that my tactic has worked with every single ME version?

Just because a high number of users see these issues, does not mean that the Testing Team must have seen them also. What looks like a high number here, is still a very small percentage of FM players.

The nonsense was the whole 'exploit the me' comment. And I refuse to believe that if this was tested properly that a percentage of testers didn't see these issues.

Why do you keep rejecting the notion that the patch ruins a solid tactic yet keep telling me to adapt? I can adapt and do so all the time. This engine is unstable. It's now changed 4 times and each time i've had to rework my solid TC tactic.

Itr's all very well asking me to adapt but how do I adapt to Man City beating other teams 13-0 ot 11-1 or 9-2?

The engine is flawed and that's the proof.

Rachidi said it well above, adapt to whats going on, make changes to counter what your seeing, dont just expect to be able to do nothing and achieve the exact same level of success you were before.

Well said mate, spend hours on experimenting with tactics to adapt properly, and when after a few days you finally begin to enjoy your save game with a decent working tactic, BAM, SI release another patch and you have to do everything all over again.

No, sir, i do not have the time for that. I'm resting my FM career until some stable January updates.

Why do you keep rejecting the notion that the patch ruins a solid tactic yet keep telling me to adapt? I can adapt and do so all the time. This engine is unstable. It's now changed 4 times and each time i've had to rework my solid TC tactic.

Itr's all very well asking me to adapt but how do I adapt to Man City beating other teams 13-0 ot 11-1 or 9-2?

The engine is flawed and that's the proof.

Well said mate, spend hours on experimenting with tactics to adapt properly, and when after a few days you finally begin to enjoy your save game with a decent working tactic, BAM, SI release another patch and you have to do everything all over again.

No, sir, i do not have the time for that. I'm resting my FM career until some stable January updates.

Which would suggest this tactic was not as sound as you may have thought. The only thing i have changed since release day in my tactic was to change my wingers from attack duty to support, thats it.

Since it's been very quiet on the SI front since the new patch came out which makes me conclude they are all working hard to get a fix in for those suffering from the high scoring/high amount of shots/high dribbling syndrome. And I don't think it's a simple thing to solve (not like 2 ticks down on the slider "shoot" and 4 ticks down on the slider "dribble" and we're done ;-)

How on earth do you adapt when your attackers are shooting like crazy from every corner of the pitch with either foot and despite having them shot rarely (player instructions) and shouting at the top of your lungs work ball into box?

How? Please tell me. Share your superior tactics with us the low life managerial scum

Just adding my name to the list of people unhappy with this update. I either win or lose by a ridiculous scoreline. Usually something like 7-4 or 6-5. My fullbacks keep going on long meaningless runs, my goalkeeper is useless, and so is my defense. I've played with the same tactics for about 8 of the 10 seasons I've played, getting Mansfield from the Conference into the Premiership. My defense has always been really good, apart from the odd slip-up against the big sides. I've loved this version of the game, and had me hooked like I hadn't been since CM 01/02. Now I won't be able to play the game again until this issue is sorted out. Was really looking forward to playing over Xmas as well. Hope a new patch is out soon.

I can neither proove my tactic is solid or not. But it's a TC one with no sliders adjusted and a solid mix of defensive, support and attack. I have a good knowledge of football and get so angry when peoples problems are always put down to "it mustn't have been a solid tacic then"!

I do not see how people can say this ME is fine unless your only exposure to football is one of those "100 greatest dribbles" videos you buy from the Poundshop and the defensive highlights of a Womens FA Cup final circa 1996.

Still winning games, the goals have rocketed up though as it's just a case of which teams winger/full back can bamboozle the defence and draw out 5 players more. Either that or my previously structurally sound tactic has been turned into an exploit through no intent of my own.

The patch is horrible. At least I can enjoy my first xmas since 1997 without the desire to play FM

For me the engine has its flaws but so long as we keep playing like this, the title is ours next season!, provided of course i get a better batch of players :-)

and once again ..we nuke their dribbles and have only one red card to show for that the whole season..in fact that was in latest patch..the fullback picked two yellows up by the 50th min..we were 2 up and went on to add 2 more goals.

1Sfixpng_zps5ff85faa.jpg

I can neither proove my tactic is solid or not. But it's a TC one with no sliders adjusted and a solid mix of defensive, support and attack. I have a good knowledge of football and get so angry when peoples problems are always put down to "it mustn't have been a solid tacic then"!

What you have described there is the mix of duties, but it is not inconceivable that your mix of roles aren't solid.

I'm not attempting to suggest that your tactic isn't solid, but having a good knowledge of football doesn't necessarily mean anything in the context of FM; it's all about how good your understanding of the way FM interprets football is.

Do you think a top prem manager all of a sudden has to rework his tactics (for every team) because football changed.

Yes.

Have you any idea how many teams struggled to cope with the change in the backpass rule years ago? Teams had to adjust their whole tactical outlook as that one simple rule change caused havoc for many of them.

I have played now 11 games. Won 8, lost 1 and drawn 2. I should be happy for my team playin this good but I'm not. In these games there's 64 goals scored that's 5.8 per game for me that's is way too much. Is there really any chance to go back to previous update. There was some flukes in that one too but not this big.

Yes.

Have you any idea how many teams struggled to cope with the change in the backpass rule years ago? Teams had to adjust their whole tactical outlook as that one simple rule change caused havoc for many of them.

No relevance at all. This is the ME feedback thread mate :)

I do not see how people can say this ME is fine unless your only exposure to football is one of those "100 greatest dribbles" videos you buy from the Poundshop and the defensive highlights of a Womens FA Cup final circa 1996.

Still winning games, the goals have rocketed up though as it's just a case of which teams winger/full back can bamboozle the defence and draw out 5 players more. Either that or my previously structurally sound tactic has been turned into an exploit through no intent of my own.

The patch is horrible. At least I can enjoy my first xmas since 1997 without the desire to play FM

Just been down Oxfam and bought the VHS of the 1996 Womens FA Cup Final to gain a deeper understanding of the current ME and build a tactic that will work.

No relevance at all. This is the ME feedback thread mate :)

He asked if managers in real life have ever had to adapt to a change in football. I gave an example of just that.

Following the flow of a conversation is quite important in many ways. Makes you look less of a chump.

You're welcome. Strangely this is only happening in the Premier league, all other leagues seem fine, things could be toned down slightly but they're basically okay. It's the Premier League that seems to be having the problem.

With the comments and experience going on, I'm convincing that you're right, it looks like the main issues of the update arise only in the top leagues, with the top players. Maybe it has some ME logic?

He asked if managers in real life have ever had to adapt to a change in football. I gave an example of just that.

Following the flow of a conversation is quite important in many ways. Makes you look less of a chump.

I was following the conversation. Thank you for the insult ;)

Can people start posting what teams/league they are playing with/in, as this will help to narrow down whether it's just an issue with the top teams?

again, I agree with this theory. The posts seem to bring just there, top leagues=problems, lower leagues=no problems. It's a good tip to put on the table the teams/leagues.

I've tested the update with Luton in Blue Square Premier (L5 of English football), not experienced any particular problem. Now I'm testing it with Grimsby (again L5), will report

Can't understand how people can be defending this latest patch.

The disparity between this and the previous patch is extreme.

The player's have gone from Spanish passing maestro's to Argentine dribbling wizards.

I can explain why some people, including me, are defending this patch: we simply don't have the problems that many others seem to have. All the changes I can see in the ME have been positive, so why should I complain?

Obviously, at least something has to be done if this many people have problems with the updated ME. I'm happy with it though.

It also looks like the dribbling problem might be with top teams/players only, I'm playing in Portuguese 2nd div and the best dribbling value among my players is 12.

I have played now 11 games. Won 8, lost 1 and drawn 2. I should be happy for my team playin this good but I'm not. In these games there's 64 goals scored that's 5.8 per game for me that's is way too much. Is there really any chance to go back to previous update. There was some flukes in that one too but not this big.

which team? which league?

I'm playing in the SPL and bar one player in my team with high dribbling and pace, i have not noticed any issues, not conceeded any wonder dribbling goals or scored any so far. This one player is averaging too many dribbles per game tho. Goals are about the same level they always were, shots have definitely gone much higher tho, but i think thats a general ME thing.

playing man utd started the game on old patch, with the new 13.2 , I am winning 8-0 at most and min. 3-1 so far tested this for 20 games.

have between 30 and 40 shots at goal with a normal 442 on standard mentality

another evidence to support the theory...problems with top teams, SI any ideas why this coul happen?

Right gents as I've said before I'm Forest in the Championship first season so a new game and I am seeing no problems with too many goals and dribbles...this is the Prem on my game...

10xws2w.png

fp111j.png

As you can see nothing out of the ordinary there? It must be for people who are managing in the big leagues? Well that's one example I suppose.

This patch is sort of increasing my belief that pure luck matters more than tactics. Wins seem more a product of tremendous individual efforts than quality team play.
Players win you football matches, not tactics.

Any idea how long there is between patches these days? Seems obvious that this one has messed up a few things and was wondering how long this sort of stuff takes to change?

I don't see why there is such an issue about the dribbling and goals.

Playing against Liverpool, I have just seen my keeper take a goal kick short to my left back who proceeds to run the entire length of the pitch and slot it past it the keeper. I suspect devine intervention, because it was like the red sea parting!

Now if there is any reason to watch the 3d match engine it is this. Get some full backs and wingers with pace and dribbling and watch with awe!

Best patch ever. No sarcasm intended

Which would suggest this tactic was not as sound as you may have thought. The only thing i have changed since release day in my tactic was to change my wingers from attack duty to support, thats it.

how do I adapt to not winning games by 8 goals ? it´s so easy now I plug and play , even won 6-0 changing my team from 4231 to 442 and forgot I had carrick as a mr and rooney playing the ml.

I only use wide formations, the only way I don´t win big is if I play only with central players (41212/4312/4132)

good thing is my freekicks are better.

Si should probably just close the thread, the usual suspects have been a long to tell us that the patch was awesome and everything is fine (hilariously including a congratulations for fixing throw ins even after Neil told us they are struggling to fix them)

So just to help me out, what part of playing a 4-1-2-2-1 with the AML as an IF/A and the AMR a W/S ( Balanced / Standard to start the match) is exploiting the ME ? because Bale getting 30 Runs per match and Costa 20+ sure as hell isn't normal.

how do I adapt to not winning games by 8 goals ? it´s so easy now I plug and play , even won 6-0 changing my team from 4231 to 442 and forgot I had carrick as a mr and rooney playing the ml.

I only use wide formations, the only way I don´t win big is if I play only with central players (41212/4312/4132)

good thing is my freekicks are better.

Upload the PKM's to the bugs forum and create a thread.

(hilariously including a congratulations for fixing throw ins even after Neil told us they are struggling to fix them)

I seen Neil wrote that as well,I have no doubt it must still be a problem,I can only say what is going on in my game.

In the 20 matches I have played with the patch I have seen it once,pre-patch I was seeing 2 or 3 every game,maybe I am just being lucky at the moment but in all honesty I am just not seeing it the way it was.

Archived