Funniest injuries

What injuries do you see players getting in this game that make you laugh, with how much time they need off? I've always thought it a laugh that a player getting a deadleg is treated like a serious injury in this and it takes 3-4 days for them to recover.

Pretty sure most people got at least one deadleg back in school and was fine within ten minutes

Last time i played this game one of my players pulled a hamstring, the same day i did while doing sprints in real life.

i kept training and recovered, running a very fast marathon 3 weeks later.

meanwhile my player in this game is still sitting on his a--, 6 weeks later.

useless. the whole works of them.

chris commons dead leg after the spartak moscow game

idhwfn.jpg

as you can see 3-4 days could be just about right time off to rest...

It's actually Kris Commons, short for Kristian. I'm usually not so pedantic about forum posts...honestly, but as a Celtic fan I couldn't resist this one, sorry.:D

Last time i played this game one of my players pulled a hamstring, the same day i did while doing sprints in real life.

Yeah, usually the average length of FM injuries are 2 full months, not to mention the longer ones...

... "was caused by your tactics" (SI official reply)
I see you have posted this in a number of different threads now. Glad to see you are on board with promoting the idea that not everyone has the injury bug, meaning it is caused by something you are doing and therefore very possibly not a bug at all.

You should tell more people and spread the word further!

I see you have posted this in a number of different threads now. Glad to see you are on board with promoting the idea that not everyone has the injury bug, meaning it is caused by something you are doing and therefore very possibly not a bug at all.

You should tell more people and spread the word further!

but it's in quotation marks .. and those who play know that's ********

How does this show a lot of injuries? It covers nearly 3 in-game years. Santon has mostly been out for days at a time. One of Pjanic's big injuries is from 2008.

I'm really not sure what you think you are proving.

I've discussed injuries to death, so will stop before I have a heart attack, but I would like to point out that this is a 'Funny Injuries' thread. If you really want to complain about injuries, why not post to bugs forum, or use the popular 'lets talk about injuries' thread. Stop taking over other threads (and dragging me into doing the same!)

A lot ...of injuries

Not really considering thats over a 4 year period.

Given that you are trying to make a point you've no doubt picked the players who have been injured the most which means you have lots of other players who have been injured less.

If you had a look at www.physioroom.com you could easily pick out many similar examples in real life.

EDIT

Here is one random example: http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/players/2716/vincent_kompany_injury.html

12 injuries over a similar period as you have listed above.

... "was caused by your tactics" (SI official reply)

Unless my tactic was to change my player into some superhuman from the avengers, I highly doubt it. Unsure what he was doing in training to contract acute leukaemia, we play in Amsterdam, not Chernobyl.....

I expect then you tweaked a hamstring and did not pull it. When you do this I can assure you that you would not be running a very fast marathon 3 weeks later :)

ok.. I abandon all future FMs.

It's almost Christmas and FM 2013 isn't playable. I play this game since 2000, and in this year i am absolutely dissapointed and worse: SI didn't bother to listen customers. Shame on you.

LOL - This must be the funniest post I've seen here for a while.

You cant even be bothered to explain WHY you think the game is unplayable so SHAME ON YOU :)

I don't have any experiences of funny injuries as such, but has anyone noticed how having a player with high aggression can see your team annihilated in training.

One example would be Ognjen Vukojević, in save files where I have him in my team, every 2 weeks or so he has halfed someone in training and injured them.

I'm not saying it is unrealistic, just one of the risks you take when signing a nutter

One example would be Ognjen Vukojević, in save files where I have him in my team, every 2 weeks or so he has halfed someone in training and injured them.

I'm not saying it is unrealistic, just one of the risks you take when signing a nutter

He's just giving you a hand, sorting out the weaklings so you won't have to play them :)

• SI Staff
I had a regen in FM12 who injured himself in training, by getting acute leukaemia. He was out for 1 day. I took a photo of it, i'll see if I can find it.

This is a strictly unofficial reply as I don't work on the PC game but did you by any chance download an injury pack? I remember one of them had a tendency to cause errors such as this.

This is a strictly unofficial reply as I don't work on the PC game but did you by any chance download an injury pack? I remember one of them had a tendency to cause errors such as this.

Yeah, that only happened with the unofficial weegie update (I think, was a while ago now so I may be misremembering the exact one it was). for last years game, I got the same thing in my inbox after applying the update without any mention in the thread of it being included, a rather strongly worded e-mail to the creator from we was followed with a confirmation by them that it was included in error and would not be in future updates by them.

I don't have any experiences of funny injuries as such, but has anyone noticed how having a player with high aggression can see your team annihilated in training.

One of the few posts on here that has made me genuinely laugh out loud :D

Always love when my player gcomes off with a red injury 5 minutes into the CL final with a gashed leg unless ofc it means his thigh got sliced open and all that jazz I'm never sure, either way it sounds

I dont get you? I'm pretty sure this is exactly what it means, WARNING - GRAPHIChttp://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1281992.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Wayne+Rooney+leg+injury

A similar injury ended the career of a German player in the 80s, I remember because he was running around the pitch with blood flying out his leg arguing with the opposition manager - WARNING - GRAPHIC

EDIT - When I was being doubtful I thought you were finding gash funny due to anatomical connotations, but I now recall that it can also mean things like 'broken' or 'ruined' and agree that the concept is more than slightly funny - Apologies

I did pick up the Weegie Update from this summers transfer window. Must be it, but i've not spotted it since.

I dont get you? I'm pretty sure this is exactly what it means, http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1281992.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Wayne+Rooney+leg+injury

A similar injury ended the career of a German player in the 80s, I remember because he was running around the pitch with blood flying out his leg arguing with the opposition manager -

Am I terribly old and boring for not finding the word 'gash' funny when these are the connotations?!?

Might be an idea to add a warning as to the graphic nature of that video to your post btw, a bit strong for a forum that's likely to be frequented by young kids imo.

I dont get you? I'm pretty sure this is exactly what it means, WARNING - GRAPHIChttp://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article1281992.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/Wayne+Rooney+leg+injury

A similar injury ended the career of a German player in the 80s, I remember because he was running around the pitch with blood flying out his leg arguing with the opposition manager - WARNING - GRAPHIC

Am I terribly old and boring for not finding the word 'gash' funny when these are the connotations?!?

Oddly the Wayne Rooney injury popped right into my head when "gashed leg" comes up as an injury in game too. It all depends where the gash is though, if its on the muscle group and restricting movement then its perfectly understandable that its a game ender for the player.

I know this is probably FM related injuries, but you don't get to post a thread like this without me hijacking it and mentioning Chris Whelpdale 'split his scrotum open'

Here is what our then manager (now DoF) said at the time (talking about the tackle that caused the injury)

"He's probably going to have five stitches in his testicles, believe it or not. It's ripped his testicles open"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/27/gillingham-chris-whelpdale-scrotum

Archived