Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

I do not think that you can play with the same match after match and season after season and always win. AI will in the long run get used to your tactic. I use two difference tactics, a 4-4-2 when i get 1-2 games where i cant score with MR houghs tactic. Then i chance back again to his tactic. Checks also opponents how they do it against the various tactics. I have changed the match preparation to attacking, that helped also. (Sorry my bad english)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seems if you dont have amazing speed at the back you get ripped open by the pacey forwards that is a must!!!

my team can't even score a header from a corner or freekick :(

that's just Wednesday's luck ha ha!!

My SWFC game with this tactic has been very inconsistent, win 2 loose 2

Having great success with United using this tactic. Obviously I know that United are an easy team to start with but in my second season I'm in December and I've won all matches except a draw with Everton at Goodison.

Bought Criscito to replace Evra, and I've obviously sold off all the wingers. To replace them I've bought in central midfielders like Isco, Sandro and Fellaini.

Soon I will test the tactic for real playing LLM.

To just try it out with a ****** team I took over a team in the swedish lower leagues and went on holiday(told the assistant to use the tactic at all times). The team finished 4th from bottom.

Im conceding endlessly with this tactic, just doesn't seem to want to work for me, No matter who I play, the opposition seems to be able to race through the centre at will.

Poolfan, if you go back one page you see my post explaining about player star ratings for each position, This version of FM seems to take into account how good a player in his position more the previous versions. get a miniman of 3 stars in each postion, I try for 4 stars if i can get them. also teams need longer to learn a formation then fm12 to.

Having great success with United using this tactic. Obviously I know that United are an easy team to start with but in my second season I'm in December and I've won all matches except a draw with Everton at Goodison.

Bought Criscito to replace Evra, and I've obviously sold off all the wingers. To replace them I've bought in central midfielders like Isco, Sandro and Fellaini.

Soon I will test the tactic for real playing LLM.

To just try it out with a ****** team I took over a team in the swedish lower leagues and went on holiday(told the assistant to use the tactic at all times). The team finished 4th from bottom.

How do you line your team up in midfield?

How do you line your team up in midfield?
I've got the team formed like this:

-------------- Rooney ---------------

----------------RVP-----------------

-------Isco --- Sandro ---Fellaini ----

-Criscito----------------- Rafael---

-------Evans -- Rio--Vidic------

------------DDG----------

When I've been in the lead I have decided to **** around with the game somtimes by throwing in Kagawa or another pacey winger as a left or right wingback. It actually worked very good. Against worse teams you could get away with having those at wingback.

When I've been in the lead I have decided to **** around with the game somtimes by throwing in Kagawa or another pacey winger as a left or right wingback. It actually worked very good. Against worse teams you could get away with having those at wingback.

Who Isco? Is It Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez

play antino as wing back & corry as a centre mid

since posting changed only the match training to team blend and starting Gary Gardner ove McCabe and Madine up top.

Lost 2 in 7 and scored a few goals too, up too 6th in the league.

Antonio is in my reserves ready to be sold, as much as I love the guy felt he wouldn't fit in the formation. Worried about him at rwb as tackling is awful

since posting changed only the match training to team blend and starting Gary Gardner ove McCabe and Madine up top.

Lost 2 in 7 and scored a few goals too, up too 6th in the league.

Antonio is in my reserves ready to be sold, as much as I love the guy felt he wouldn't fit in the formation. Worried about him at rwb as tackling is awful

I played him there and did wonders for me also did upfront. i know his tackling garbbish with finnishing but he smmes to do brill.
Yes its; Francisco Román Alarcón Suárez, aka Isco, the Malaga player.
Cheers mate

I played him there and did wonders for me also did upfront. i know his tackling garbbish with finnishing but he smmes to do brill.

I'll give him a second chance then lol. Don't need him up top though, goal machine has a goal every other game.

Hoping to sign a quality CM and ST in the window, I had an offer for William accepted but work permit failed, same for Romario and Zezinho!

Still don't seem to dominate possesion.

Thanks, and what have you been doing for match prep and training?

Tried it with at. madrid won the league with 90pts!! same like barca lol but since I beat them one and drew the other I won it and R. Madrid was 5 points behind!

Won the cup spanish cup beating Getafe 4-2 and the europa league vs athletic bilbao 4-0 !! amazing tactic!! thanks.. falcao is a beast!

Thanks, and what have you been doing for match prep and training?
I've actually been very lazy and I let my assistant take care of the training. But I hold all the match talks myself. And during the games I usually make different tactical changes. It can be like pressing up the back line and make players switch positions. When I put a new player in I always have a talk to him and try to make his role fit into his attributes.

I initially had great success in Serie C with Pisa although I was probably the strongest team, nonetheless I had that invincible feeling. I'm currently in Serie B with what I think is a good squad but am starting to feel like its slowly running out of steam. I'm drawing alot more games than before and only scoring 1 or 2 goals a game. This could be down to my players however. I think alot of the results that are causing me to drop points are down to the awful ME, with some of the most stupid yet frustrating moments causing me to lose cheap goals. I'm quite literally sick of seeing my Centre Back's split by a ball that they can easily catch up with, only to see them run alongside the attacker and let him score an easy goal, or watching my entire defensive line sit on the 18yrd line and let an attacker stroll in to head into an empty net. It leaves me seething!!!

I'll keep you updated with how the tactic pans out over final 1/2 of season as i'll stick with it and grind through the pathetic situations that will no doubt continue until SI acknowledge there is a problem!

Have been using this tactic for the past 3 seasons, won serie A last 3 seasons, italian cup last 2 seasons, champions league last 2 seasons with ac milan.

I have found it hard to find a good striker for the tactic. Also signing ter Stegen as keeper has made me take 10 goals in serie A during last season, ended with 106 points. Using Viviano the previous season i took 20-25 goals.

Here's the current team:

ter Stegen, Acerbi - Kirchoff - Moreno, I.Abate-Antonelli, L.Bender - M'vila - regen, el sharaawy , regen

great tactic definetely.

I found it most consistent to keep match prep as set pieces defense.

Caicedo is a very good striker for this tactic i got him for free and he scored 40 goals that season, i just sold him for 20M to liverpool and used a regen which despite having higher stats doesnt score as much.

I also signed Destro for free after his contract with roma expired, played him for 2 seasons and sold him for 40M to r.madrid despite him only scoring 20 goals.

Here's mine... http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/tURK4wNASe%2BKcXsNLTQqHw

First one is the tactic file.

Second is the first game with it.

In your implementation of the tactic you have set the corners to near post. I believe Mr. Hough set them to short. Apart from that the target man and playmaker are selected to be the striker instead of none. Man marking is set and passsing default. Please do confirm if these are changes you made intentionally or mistakes.

Just tried creating the tactic for FMC by editing all the player positions and instructions. I haven't got time to check it yet so please feel free to point out mistakes. Thanks go to Mr. Hough for the tactic!

Mr Hough's Tactic for FMC:

http://depositfiles.com/files/rlx5ykze7[/b]"]http://depositfiles.com/files/rlx5ykze7

In this implementation you have forgot to assign corners. Marking is set to zonal and passing is shorter. Mistake or changes intentionally done ?

Mr Hough.

I am using your tactic in the 2nd season with man utd after using it for some of my 1st season. It has been a little hit and miss for me and i prefer playing with more strikers in general.

I have now tweaked the tactic to a 2cd-2wb-2cm-1am-3st tactic and have been using it for around 10 games. so far it is pretty encouraging with goals and my 3 strikers and AM are all scoring for fun. I am conceding a few goals though but am still winning games. Last 4 games:

Vs Wigan Home 3-0 Win

Vs Arsenal away 4-2 Win

vs Norwich Home 6-2 Win

Vs Villa Home 5-2 Win

I am by far a good tactician on FM so if you or anyone else would like to take a look and see if it can be tweaked to have a better balance between defence and attack then i would be happy to email or upload although i have never used uploading sites.

I am by far a good tactician on FM so if you or anyone else would like to take a look and see if it can be tweaked to have a better balance between defence and attack then i would be happy to email or upload although i have never used uploading sites.

How modest of you:D:lol:

How modest of you:D:lol:

It doesn't even make sense.

I can't figure out if tried to say "I'm far from being a good tactician", which quite frankly would make more sense in context or was he trying to say, like you seem to think, that "I'm a far better tactician" (than Mr. Hough)?

Cheers for the tip, 3 goals in 9 games and a rating of 7.15. Can't even play the position at the mo.

Good tip for poorer teams. Lower the defensive line to the highest normal level (1 click before Push Up) and remove Offside Trap.

Won Scottish Div 1 with St Mirren using original tactic but struggled first few games in SPL. Adopted the above approach and finished 3rd, winning League Cup, reaching semis of Scottish Cup and also won 5-0 at Ibrox (Rangers also in SPL by now).

Also used Defensive Positioning away, attacking movement home. Hope it helps

It doesn't even make sense.

I can't figure out if tried to say "I'm far from being a good tactician", which quite frankly would make more sense in context or was he trying to say, like you seem to think, that "I'm a far better tactician" (than Mr. Hough)?

apologies for my poor use of the english language. it was late last night and i was tired after rupturing my knee ligaments at football and a massive lack of sleep in the last 24 hours. I should have waited to the morning to post. I can assure everyone though that at no point am i suggesting i am a better tactician than mr hough or probably 95% of others on here. The point i tried to make badly is that i am not a very good tactician on FM and if any guys such as mr hough that clearly are may be interested in trying to make what i have better then i would be happy to share it. The base tactic is Mr Hough of course and i have just moved a few players positions around and tweaked their individual instructions to reflect new positions. I have not touched the team instructions at all.

apologies if i caused confusion with my original post and it certainly was not my intention.

Tried it with leeds won the league 5 games in hand am roughly spent £0! lol loaned flanaggan and got in vassell for free....

Best attack and defence!

out 1st round carling cup lost 3-2 but should have won (23 shots they had 4) lol

1/4 final FA cup vs newcastle dominated but lost there too

will let you know how I get on in the premier league!

Hi,

I have been testing this tactics with Crewe in League One - I have managed to play the first half of the season. I am in January now and sitting firmly in the 3rd place - very satisfying result, considering the pre-season predictions (I was supposed to be relegated at the end of the season and my board told me to 'enjoy the experience of participating in League One).

The great thing about this tactics is that you don't lose too many games. Though I got as many draws as wins (12-12), I only lost once in the league and I thought I was really unlucky with this one. For the team expected to battle against relegation, that is a great first half of the season.

What I also like about the tactics is that it is very organized and solid. My players seem to be well-organised in defence, they keep the ball nicely in the oposition's half and do not attempt through balls unless the striker is in a perfect position. It will suit the managers who prefer to get a boring 1-0, rather than a crazy 5-3 win.

I believe that my team could play even better, if it wasn't for an average players I have at my disposal. As for the wingbacks (who are crucial to the tactics' success), they are really average, even at their best (they are better suited for defence and lack good Dribbling and Pace). And I wouldn't recommend playing wingers in wingbacks' slots, unless you are definitely the strongest team in your division.

Overall, this is the best tactics I have tried on FM13 and I believe it gets even better if you have a top team. I can't imagine losing a game while playing Man Utd and having people like Valencia, Evra and Rafael as wingbacks.

apologies for my poor use of the english language. it was late last night and i was tired after rupturing my knee ligaments at football and a massive lack of sleep in the last 24 hours. I should have waited to the morning to post. I can assure everyone though that at no point am i suggesting i am a better tactician than mr hough or probably 95% of others on here. The point i tried to make badly is that i am not a very good tactician on FM and if any guys such as mr hough that clearly are may be interested in trying to make what i have better then i would be happy to share it. The base tactic is Mr Hough of course and i have just moved a few players positions around and tweaked their individual instructions to reflect new positions. I have not touched the team instructions at all.

apologies if i caused confusion with my original post and it certainly was not my intention.

I have now finished my second season after changing to this tweaked version and ended up winning the treble with man utd. I appreciate its man utd i have only tested this with but i only lost 3 games from november when i started using the tactic (dinamo match shown on screenshot).

Of these losses the 4-0 away to bremen was with my second 11 as i had already qualified and likewise the loss at Hull on the last day of the season was the same. The tactic even saw me getting good results away to Barcelona and Real Madrid.

All of my strikers have actually started scoring also. RVP scored 33, Rooney 18, Hernandez 24. Gotze as the AM was quality also scoring 17 and with 18 assists.

Results since using the tactic:

ScreenShot2012-11-13at160935.png

ScreenShot2012-11-13at160949.png

Barca Away:

ScreenShot2012-11-13at161537.png

Real Away

ScreenShot2012-11-13at161632.png

As you can see ccc created are decent and although i dont have as much possession i create more ccc than arguably the 2 best sides in the game. I have no doubt this can be improved as i am not generally very good at tactics.

My 1st choice team using this has been as follows:

GK: De Gea

DC: Jones & Papadopolous

WBR: Rafael

WBL: Alaba

MC: Fellaini & Carrick

AMC: Gotze

STR: RVP

STC: Hernandez

STL: Rooney

Archived