Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok bit of improvement. bet city 2-1 away. still friendly but i can't but not point out that our attack is so weak while our defence lets too many of opportunities for the opposition for my peace of mind... will keep trying until i hope a breakthrough is achieved.

what team are you playing as?

i'm playing this formation Mr Hough :

i currently have a lot of injuries and when chiellini will be back he'll repalce strandberg obviously. also the wing backs i currently employ are the reserves as isla and alaba are the first choice....

-----------------Buffon-----------------------

Barzagli--------Bonucci---------Strandberg

Lichsteiner------Pirlo-------De Ceglie

------Vidal-----------Marchisio

---------Giovinco--------

---------Vucinic---------

Absolutely the best solid tactic for this ME.

After i sacked from Villarreal in my first season, Leicester City has accepted my job application and i took over them in 19th week of the season.

While i was looking for a good solid tactic both on defence and attack just decided to use Mr. Hough's tactic.

I started to using this in mid season, i have only one average wingback and the team was awkward about the formation but still we manage to promote to Premiership using with this amazing tactic.

I've added some screen shots above, thanks Mr. Hough. You're really a tactical genius. :)

FIKSTUR.png

MATCH_REPORT.png

RISING.png

i'm playing this formation Mr Hough :

i currently have a lot of injuries and when chiellini will be back he'll repalce strandberg obviously. also the wing backs i currently employ are the reserves as isla and alaba are the first choice....

-----------------Buffon-----------------------

Barzagli--------Bonucci---------Strandberg

Lichsteiner------Pirlo-------De Ceglie

------Vidal-----------Marchisio

---------Giovinco--------

---------Vucinic---------

thats a decent squad, I'd move vidal to the DM position and see how he performs, Idealy if your gonna play someone in that positon i'd rather it be vidal becuase he is a more natural DM where as pirlo is a deep playmaker, So play vidal there and pirlo in the CM position see how that goes.

Hi all,

Apologies for the late response but as promised i have given my tweaked version of gareths tweaked version of Mr Houghs tactic a full season. Keep on reading for further info.

The Tweak

54c6yb.jpg

I have used Mr Houghs tactic for both my first and second seasons with Celtic with good success. Winning the domestic competitions with Mr Houghs tactic should have been a formality (i am Celtic to be fair) and it was BUT i was unhappy with the amount of chances the opposing team was creating against me. This is not a slur on Mr Houghs damned fine tactic creating skills but rather a poor match engine. I am confident that once the match engine is patched, Mr Hough will supply us with yet another fantastic all conquering tactic.

Now, i used Gareths tactic for 1 game, a friendly against Airdrie that i lost 2 - 1. It may have sounded harsh to change a tactic after just one game but i had just lost to Airdrie. The reason for this loss was the positioning of the Wingbacks. The two wingers in Airdrie's team, although devoid of any real skill, were pretty damn quick and were exploiting the gaps left by my Wing Backs time after time after time. I cannot complain about the amount of shots on goal or even the shots on target my team had in this game BUT i was not happy that my defence were being beaten by a simple hoof up the park to a speedy winger. Therefor, as u can see, i moved the two wingbacks into fullback positions but let them keep there forward runs. I felt this would give me a stronger defence but would still let them contribute to the attacking phases of play. Now for the attack. It does look a little lop-sided but i tried to build my tactic round the players i had instead of making a tactic then buying players to suit. I have 2 particularly good young strikers (AM©, ST) & (AM®, ST) both of whom we shall meet later. At first i had an AML, AMR and AMC but felt the striker needed a little help. I started by pushing the AMR up a slot so he was hugging the byline. Whislt watching my first game with these positional changes, i noticed that my advanced STR was pulling defenders away from my ST, thus giving my striker plenty of room to move.

Let it be known that i did not touch any of the sliders for any individual or team settings, they are exactly as Gareth had them.

SPL Champions

20gxt8x.jpg

Domestically, i romped it. There were a few games (pics to come) where it was pretty close. Coming from 2 men and 2 goals down after 20mins at home to Motherwell to win 3 - 2 for example. If truth be told, there were maybe 7 or 8 games where i conceded goals first but i had complete faith in my midfield & strikers to turn things around.

I have included both Cup Final results in this screen as proof that i was a domestic clean sweep.

n2l3yd.png

European fixtures however...oh dear. Apart from the game away to Arsenal, i felt that i deserved to win the other games. I certainly didn't deserve to not win any. It just appeared that every effort on goal from the opposing team led to a goal where as i came up against teams full of super goalies.

344y23m.jpg

The Squad

24v8h05.jpg

There were some changes to the squad in January, i basically sold off ageing players and replaced them with young South Americans. How i made it through January using a mix of reserve and U-19 players is nothing short of a miracle.

The Select Few

'Super' Mario

2ezh3yu.png

Martins

so38dz.png

Victor Grasso

zx42l1.png

...and for the purists among us, Adryan after a few seasons.

ebdgfq.png

Now, if anyone is interested i will post the tactic but only if Mr Hough and Gareth agree.

mr hough wont mind

I also have my own tweaked version of the original tactic. Original did not work for me at all with Derby County but it had potential so I messed with it a bit and after a few tweaks I sat 2nd in the championship behind Wolves and then I made some more tweaks and since christmas I have been unbeaten and sit top of the league in April, already promoted and am in the FA Cup semi final. My striker has 34 goals in 32 games and my amc has around 15.

I would also recommend trying to get players in midfield who can finish a little bit as they have a lot of shots on goal.

Can upload if anyone wants to try it.

And I just smashed Norwich 6-0 in the FA Cup semi final!

ill try it

Don't upload much, will speedyshare be ok?

Bare in mind my squad is pretty settled so not sure how it works with a new team, I started the season with the left and right mids in the wing back positions and this had me sitting 2nd at Xmas, then I moved the wing backs into midfield as it is easier to get good wingers who can finish than it is to get wingback, and I had noticed the wing backs having lots of goal efforts. The LM and RM play exactly the same way as the wingbacks apart from you can use wingers instead.

here is the upload. I have moved the wingbacks into midfield, changed target man distribution, set striker as TM and PM, taken off the offside trap and a few other very small changes.

http://speedy.sh/QS3J5/BarnesTweekMK2.tac

And an extra tip........ If you are having trouble getting a goal I sometimes up the tempo to max in the 2nd half to grab a goal, but not had to do that since putting the wing backs further forward.

Don't upload much, will speedyshare be ok?

Bare in mind my squad is pretty settled so not sure how it works with a new team, I started the season with the left and right mids in the wing back positions and this had me sitting 2nd at Xmas, then I moved the wing backs into midfield as it is easier to get good wingers who can finish than it is to get wingback, and I had noticed the wing backs having lots of goal efforts. The LM and RM play exactly the same way as the wingbacks apart from you can use wingers instead.

here is the upload. I have moved the wingbacks into midfield, changed target man distribution, set striker as TM and PM, taken off the offside trap and a few other very small changes.

http://speedy.sh/QS3J5/BarnesTweekMK2.tac

And an extra tip........ If you are having trouble getting a goal I sometimes up the tempo to max in the 2nd half to grab a goal, but not had to do that since putting the wing backs further forward.

Yeah speedy fine. so we drag the striker to tm/pm?

No not yet. i am still trying to tighten the defence up but not managed it yet.

So I've done 10 league games with this now. Game me 7 wins and 3 losses. 2 losses by 1 goal, and the 3rd loss but 1-4.

I will keep you updated. But so far unticking offside-trap does not make it too bad at least. The attacking part is working real good at least.

Just wanted to say that I had absolutely no luck finding a stable tactic for this game(downloaded or self created) until trying out this tactic by the incredible Mr Hough. Great stuff so far with my Arsenal squad, had to sell my wingers but bought well in Cavani, Otamendi, Fellani, and M'Vila. Almost to January so far and have not lost a single match yet, most wins and a few draws, have my training to Team Cohesion High and always training Tactics pretty much. Also for my team talks I have Valter Di Salvo do everything and 99% of the time I always get positive feedback pre and post match, he seems to do a great job all the time.(He does have 20 motivation)

Tactic is nice. Wanted to start a Forrest save so said Id use this as they dont really have that many wingers and im 9 points clear after 20 games. 15 wins 3 draws 2 losses. Just bought Wellington Nem for Att mid and Vanden Borre for wing back.

Thanks rich_barnes. Tried your modified tactic and its working wonders for me. I'm not a seasoned tactician so I can't comment whether the underlying tactical philosophy improves on Mr Hough's version but I suspect the one reason why it works so much better is simply because Mr Hough's relies alot on having good wingbacks and these are a rarity. Certainly for a no premier league team, they are hard to find. By moving up the wingbacks to midfielders in your tactic, there is now alot more talent in those departments.

Thanks rich_barnes. Tried your modified tactic and its working wonders for me. I'm not a seasoned tactician so I can't comment whether the underlying tactical philosophy improves on Mr Hough's version but I suspect the one reason why it works so much better is simply because Mr Hough's relies alot on having good wingbacks and these are a rarity. Certainly for a no premier league team, they are hard to find. By moving up the wingbacks to midfielders in your tactic, there is now alot more talent in those departments.

The basic tactic is still the same, all I have changed is offside trap, target man supply, wing backs up to midfield and maybe a couple more things that I can't remember. I don't think I touched player settings, so it should play pretty much the same. Won my opening 3 prem games 3-0, 3-1 and 3-0 against Charlton, Swansea and Southampton but got smashed 6-3 by Man City in the Community Shield, so will be interesting to see how it performs against the big boys with my very average Derby side.

The basic tactic is still the same, all I have changed is offside trap, target man supply, wing backs up to midfield and maybe a couple more things that I can't remember. I don't think I touched player settings, so it should play pretty much the same. Won my opening 3 prem games 3-0, 3-1 and 3-0 against Charlton, Swansea and Southampton but got smashed 6-3 by Man City in the Community Shield, so will be interesting to see how it performs against the big boys with my very average Derby side.

I'm using your tactic mate. It's a belter for my LLF save at the moment. Was struggling with Bradford, now near play offs. cheers

Had great success with original Mr Hough tactic (Serie C) and hit a brick wall in 2nd season (Serie B). Switched to cragswfc's version and almost immediately hit form again and got promoted. Started Serie A and 8 games in hit a brick wall again. Seems the AI gives you a season and then decides to rain on your parade...I don't expect to beat Juve et al but smaller teams are smashing me apart too now.

Anuyone finding they are ALWAYS going 1-0 down early on?

You should start your own thread for this tactic Rich, it really is very good and deserves its own place.

The only change I made was to take the Playmaker and Targetman ticks off as I don't use them, and I also set the keeper's creative freedom, mentality and closing down to zero (first notch) as I wasn't pleased with my keepers rating and since making that change it has improved.

Great to see a 3 striker tactic working well :thup:

You should start your own thread for this tactic Rich, it really is very good and deserves its own place.

The only change I made was to take the Playmaker and Targetman ticks off as I don't use them, and I also set the keeper's creative freedom, mentality and closing down to zero (first notch) as I wasn't pleased with my keepers rating and since making that change it has improved.

Am i missing something here? this tactic only has 1 striker not 3?

I think you are thinking of the other guys tweak. Mine still has 1 striker, but 6 in midfield ,3 at the back.

i used one of mr houghs fm12 tactics playing as Derby , got promotion first season and in 2017 have won the Prem , just ending the season now so trying this new one for a few games before new season

Hi Mister Barnes

What is your transfer with Derby because it's amazing to win the FA cup the first season

Thank you

My starting lineup for the season was................

GK Fielding

DC Stefan Strandberg 300k

DC Scott Wootton 200k

DC Daniel Jarl 100k

ML Jamie Ward

MC Craig Bryson

MC Paul Coutts

MC Will Hughes

MR Birkir Mar Saevarsson 28k

AM Adryan 875k over 48 months

FC Ademilson £3'5 million over 48 months

But I did only play Swansea in the QF, Norwich in the semi final and Forest in the final, so it was not that hard a run.

Hi all,

Apologies for the late response but as promised i have given my tweaked version of gareths tweaked version of Mr Houghs tactic a full season. Keep on reading for further info.

The Tweak

54c6yb.jpg

I have used Mr Houghs tactic for both my first and second seasons with Celtic with good success. Winning the domestic competitions with Mr Houghs tactic should have been a formality (i am Celtic to be fair) and it was BUT i was unhappy with the amount of chances the opposing team was creating against me. This is not a slur on Mr Houghs damned fine tactic creating skills but rather a poor match engine. I am confident that once the match engine is patched, Mr Hough will supply us with yet another fantastic all conquering tactic.

Now, i used Gareths tactic for 1 game, a friendly against Airdrie that i lost 2 - 1. It may have sounded harsh to change a tactic after just one game but i had just lost to Airdrie. The reason for this loss was the positioning of the Wingbacks. The two wingers in Airdrie's team, although devoid of any real skill, were pretty damn quick and were exploiting the gaps left by my Wing Backs time after time after time. I cannot complain about the amount of shots on goal or even the shots on target my team had in this game BUT i was not happy that my defence were being beaten by a simple hoof up the park to a speedy winger. Therefor, as u can see, i moved the two wingbacks into fullback positions but let them keep there forward runs. I felt this would give me a stronger defence but would still let them contribute to the attacking phases of play. Now for the attack. It does look a little lop-sided but i tried to build my tactic round the players i had instead of making a tactic then buying players to suit. I have 2 particularly good young strikers (AM©, ST) & (AM®, ST) both of whom we shall meet later. At first i had an AML, AMR and AMC but felt the striker needed a little help. I started by pushing the AMR up a slot so he was hugging the byline. Whislt watching my first game with these positional changes, i noticed that my advanced STR was pulling defenders away from my ST, thus giving my striker plenty of room to move.

Let it be known that i did not touch any of the sliders for any individual or team settings, they are exactly as Gareth had them.

SPL Champions

20gxt8x.jpg

Domestically, i romped it. There were a few games (pics to come) where it was pretty close. Coming from 2 men and 2 goals down after 20mins at home to Motherwell to win 3 - 2 for example. If truth be told, there were maybe 7 or 8 games where i conceded goals first but i had complete faith in my midfield & strikers to turn things around.

I have included both Cup Final results in this screen as proof that i was a domestic clean sweep.

n2l3yd.png

European fixtures however...oh dear. Apart from the game away to Arsenal, i felt that i deserved to win the other games. I certainly didn't deserve to not win any. It just appeared that every effort on goal from the opposing team led to a goal where as i came up against teams full of super goalies.

344y23m.jpg

The Squad

24v8h05.jpg

There were some changes to the squad in January, i basically sold off ageing players and replaced them with young South Americans. How i made it through January using a mix of reserve and U-19 players is nothing short of a miracle.

The Select Few

'Super' Mario

2ezh3yu.png

Martins

so38dz.png

Victor Grasso

zx42l1.png

...and for the purists among us, Adryan after a few seasons.

ebdgfq.png

Now, if anyone is interested i will post the tactic but only if Mr Hough and Gareth agree.

post please??

Is anyone else having success with Gareths tactic? Just started using it myself.

I have one question though...is the target man supply supposed to be set "to feet" or "run onto ball" ?

On my game it comes up as "to feet" but that differs from the original team instructions of mr houghs tactic - which gareth said he hadnt changed.

I think it is set to be to feet. I noticed a few posts ago someone mentioned changing the keepers mentality and Unticking target man and playmaker on my version. I have set mine up so the goalkeeper has those settings that were suggested and I have unticked the target man but kept the playmaker option. I set the playmaker as my amc. I have used this new setting for around 10 games and my defence has been better whilst my amc is playing superb. Going to keep testing it though to see how it goes over half a season minimum.

Archived