Mr Hough FM13 First Patch Tactics.

i am happy to do so but only if Mr Hough is happy with it. Its is tactic i used and changed a little. I have also never uploaded tactics so no idea how to do so but if someone points me in the right direction

Not a Problem at all, Upload away It's a tactic sharing forum after all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've added the TC version to the OP aswell.

Thanks King Eric for converting it for me.

Legend

Dave did your go through all the team instructions ? There are quite some deviations from your tactic and what you have mentioned in this thread.

Not a Problem at all, Upload away It's a tactic sharing forum after all.

Ok thanks Mr Hough.

Here is the download link. hope i have done this right as 1st time i have ever done this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?2a82rfz4b9s21o3

A little info on the changes.

I moved the middle CD up to one of the strikers positions. I then moved one of the midfield 3 (not the central one) up to the other striker position.

The defensive midfield player on hough original tactic i copied his settings so the remaining 2 cm are both fairly defensive

The AMC i changed a few settings on, took off runs from deep etc.

The 2 outside ST i just set them up as i wanted them.

NO TEAM SETTINGS WERE CHANGED FROM THE ORIGINAL VERSION FROM MR HOUGH

Players wise for the CM you need good all rounders. I used fellaini and carrick mainly although Fletcher, Cleverly and Powell all performed ok also. Gotze or Kagawa were my AM and Gotze was quality all season. my 2 1st choice CB are Jones and Papadopolous so both possess decent enough pace and are good in the air and in the tackle.

not sure what more info i can give and hopefully this will work for others or can be tweaked further to become a decent tactic for all levels as only been used with a top team so far.

Ok thanks Mr Hough.

Here is the download link. hope i have done this right as 1st time i have ever done this:

I moved the middle CD up to one of the strikers positions. I then moved one of the midfield 3 (not the central one) up to the other striker position.

The defensive midfield player on hough original tactic i copied his settings so the remaining 2 cm are both fairly defensive

Players wise for the CM you need good all rounders. I used fellaini and carrick mainly although Fletcher, Cleverly and Powell all performed ok also. Gotze or Kagawa were my AM and Gotze was quality all season. my 2 1st choice CB are Jones and Papadopolous so both possess decent enough pace and are good in the air and in the tackle.

not sure what more info i can give and hopefully this will work for others or can be tweaked further to become a decent tactic for all levels as only been used with a top team so far.

Thanks for sharing

I've added the TC version to the OP aswell.

Thanks King Eric for converting it for me.

Legend

Dave did your go through all the team instructions ? There are quite some deviations from your tactic and what you have mentioned in this thread.

Yea Hough, I have the striker set as both playmaker and targetman. It was done by mistake but actually gave me some great results. Corners are set on Near Post on TC version as well I think.

No i just guessed they were the same

Team Instruction in the classic tactic

- Marking: Man marking

- Passing: Default

- STC selected as Playmaker and Targetman (Target man supply: run onto ball)

- Corners: Near post (left and right)

Please let us know which ones are right.

ps: removing offside trap and setting corners to 6yard box in my case has improved the tactic.

Ok thanks Mr Hough.

Thanks mate!

Used it at half time 1-1 with Palace at home, won 4-1 and they didn't have an attack all second half!

May use this for home games from now on!

Team Instruction in the classic tactic

- Marking: Man marking

- Passing: Default

- STC selected as Playmaker and Targetman (Target man supply: run onto ball)

- Corners: Near post (left and right)

Please let us know which ones are right.

ps: removing offside trap and setting corners to 6yard box in my case has improved the tactic.

Marking: Set as Man marking but each individual player marking is as Hough set up

Passing: Same as above, individually set up and overrides team instruction

Target Man/Playmaker/Corners were set up wrong but I noticed better results anyway.

And yes I too have noticed improved results without offside trap, especially with teams with poorer defenders.

Edited post 101 which included the tactic creator version to clear up any confusion. Also added an away/lower league version that I've been using. Lower defensive line and removed offside trap. Took my newly promoted St Mirren side from 8th in the SPL to 3rd, winning the League Cup, semi-finals of Scottish Cup as well as 5-0 win over Rangers at Ibrox

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xtk12z

Going to give this a try with my UR Namur side! We managed promotion last season to the Belgium Second League, but only just about managed to stay out of the relegation battle this season... With the new season coming up i'd like to change things round a bit and this would be a good chance to try this as something new. Can't do much worse at the end of the day :D

Thanks mate!

Used it at half time 1-1 with Palace at home, won 4-1 and they didn't have an attack all second half!

May use this for home games from now on!

Mate this gets better! Used it in my Play off final vs Blackburn and won 7-3!! My CAM, Adryan, got 5 assists and a goal!! Legend mate!

Maybe your new 2-2-2-1-3 Formation isn't just a tactic for at home. Also thanks Mr Hough, Your formation got me into the play off's.

Big thanks to both, just when I was ready to pack FM 2013 in!!

@Gareth !

Wow what a first game !!

With Juventus, I was struggling with the FMM tactic.

Tried yours just to see, and won at home against AS Roma 5-2 ! With a red card for simone pepe after 62'. Score was 4-1.

My starting Eleven :

GK : Buffon

DCr: Bonucci

DCl: Chiellini

WRB : Simone Pepe

WLB : Asamoah

MCr: Vidal

MCl: Marchisio

MOC : Giovinco

SCr: Quagliarella

SCc: Matri

SCl: Vucinic

With Juventus this tactic is amazing, just adding Jovetic and maybe Armero

My formation in the 2nd season after winning Serie A, Tim Cup and lost the UCL vs PSG in penalties

GK:Buffon

DC:Bonucci-Chiellini-Bochetti

WB:Isla-Armero

CM:Nainggolan-Marchisio-Asamoah

AM:Giovinco

ST-Jovetic

GK:Leali-Ter Stegen next season

DC:Barzagli-Rugani-Masi

WB:Wallace-Santon

CM:Isla-Gargano-Marrone

AM:Wellington Nem/Vucinic

ST-Destro/Vucinic

Mate this gets better! Used it in my Play off final vs Blackburn and won 7-3!! My CAM, Adryan, got 5 assists and a goal!! Legend mate!

Maybe your new 2-2-2-1-3 Formation isn't just a tactic for at home. Also thanks Mr Hough, Your formation got me into the play off's.

Big thanks to both, just when I was ready to pack FM 2013 in!!

I use the tactic home and away with man utd witout any problems as you can see from the screens away to barcelona and real. glad its working for you so far.

@Gareth !

Wow what a first game !!

With Juventus, I was struggling with the FMM tactic.

Tried yours just to see, and won at home against AS Roma 5-2 ! With a red card for simone pepe after 62'. Score was 4-1.

My starting Eleven :

GK : Buffon

DCr: Bonucci

DCl: Chiellini

WRB : Simone Pepe

WLB : Asamoah

MCr: Vidal

MCl: Marchisio

MOC : Giovinco

SCr: Quagliarella

SCc: Matri

SCl: Vucinic

Juventus have a good squad for this formation imo. could maybe do with a better WBL as asamoah would be good in the middle but when you have vidal and marchisio suppose he is not needed too much. i can recommend Alaba form bayern if he has not already been sold. he is extremely good.

Regardig red cards, i tend to move the middle striker to the position of the player that was sent off and then replace him with someone that plays in that position. seems to work so far as rafael gets the odd red card for me.

gareth, can u make ur tactic suitable to FMC mode :) ?

I have never played FMC and if im honest i doubt i would. I have no ide what the difference is in the tactics and how they work. If someone who does wants to take the tactic i posted and try and create it for FMC then i would have no problem with that.

I think i let my assistant take care of match preparation. I don't use any opposition instructions though.

Regarding how I play game I am old school and prefer the old 2d split screen version with commentary only. I have 2 kids so prefer the ease of just getting on, playing games quickly and the buying and selling of players. I don't really have the time to watch full games, highlights Etc. I normally get through a few saves throughout the year but all in the same way.

I think i let my assistant take care of match preparation. I don't use any opposition instructions though.

Regarding how I play game I am old school and prefer the old 2d split screen version with commentary only. I have 2 kids so prefer the ease of just getting on, playing games quickly and the buying and selling of players. I don't really have the time to watch full games, highlights Etc. I normally get through a few saves throughout the year but all in the same way.

Do you select any player to the target man list or playmaker list?

Hello Mr Hough.

I used this tactic with great success in my Chelsea game.

Now, ive started my longterm savegame with a lower league team. Picked Fleetwood Town.

Now, i got some trouble with the tactic. Can you (or anybody else) think of any tweaks that might benefit a lower league team like this ?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

I actually really really Like the TC Version, Highly Recommend if you prefer the TC Look and Feel to tactics

Im having AWESOME results with your tactic Mr Hough, and SHOCKING results with the TC version.

Just saying, and im playing as Wolves

Am I the only one seeing circle passing just outside the penalty box constantly every game without any sort of follow through? I'm winning and drawing games (except to Tottenham who I can only assume are paying SI for advertisement) fine but my strikers cannot get goals and I'm routinely getting 30+ attempts on goal with less than 2 goals per game. Is this intentional with the tactic or something to do with my players?

EDIT: Btw, by this I mean upwards of 20 passes between 3-4 players every single game in the exact same place on the pitch.

Pre-season

Ok, so I started pre-season after finishing 15th out of 18 last season in the Belgium Second League, playing as UR Namur. Started by using Mr.Hough's original tactic and we had some shocking results to start off with, but by the end of pre-season i felt it really started to kick in and work, winning 3 games on the bounce.

Season Opener & Onwards

Started the season with a Belgium Cup match against Ath who are a non-league side, winning (2-1) and pretty much dominated the match, just couldn't convert the chances. Overall I was impressed either way! Next up was our first league match of the season against FCV Dender who came several places above us last season and are very solid at the back. The possession football was good, but we lacked the cutting egde infront of goal again, but still managed to win (1-0) and I have to comment that the defensive side of things was good.

Gareth's Tweak

I read several posts about Gareth's tweaked version and decided I had to try it out for a few games to see how things would go, with a huge part of the reason being that it suits my players a lot more in terms of positions.

First game was up against Geel-Meerhout, an old rival from the Belgium Third Division and a very experienced side, definately not far off our own ability. We completely dominated the match, but yet again we failed to create good chances, but I was happy enough to settle for a (2-0) victory and 63% possession to go with it! They managed just 6 shots all game which I was extremely happy with.

Second game was against the team that came above us last season and I have to say I was very impressed due to this being an away match! We took the game to them and I can't believe how we only managed to win (2-0)! One of my youth prospects scored both goals and hit the woodwork 3 times! This is probably our best match of the season in terms of chances created and how good the chances were.

Tactic Master Tweak (My Tweak)

Although i've enjoyed unbelievable success so far with both tactics, I decided to try my own little spin on things and try to tweak Mr.Hough's original tactic into a strikerless tactic! I decided that the back 5 players were totally fine as they were, but I moved the striker back into AMCL and the MCL into AMC and the AMC into AMCR, with the view of the previous AMC and the Striker being the main attacking threats and the AMC position providing more of a playmaker role. I've very finely tweaked a few settings for the new positions, but not changed much at all.

I must stress that i've only played one match so far with my tweak, so this could have been a bit of a fluke type of match, but we beat our strongest opponents of the season 'OH Leuven' (3-0)! My AMC grabbed a goal as he often does as he is one of my best performers from previous seasons, with my AMCR picking up two goals himself! We ended the match with 59% possession and created plenty of chances.

As i've said, this is my first match with my own tweak, but if things continue to go well, with Mr.Hough's Permission I would like to share the tactic with you guys.

Am I the only one seeing circle passing just outside the penalty box constantly every game without any sort of follow through? I'm winning and drawing games (except to Tottenham who I can only assume are paying SI for advertisement) fine but my strikers cannot get goals and I'm routinely getting 30+ attempts on goal with less than 2 goals per game. Is this intentional with the tactic or something to do with my players?

EDIT: Btw, by this I mean upwards of 20 passes between 3-4 players every single game in the exact same place on the pitch.

It's well known that the strikers in FM13 aren't as usefull as previous installments :( In most cases anyway.

Pre-season

Ok, so I started pre-season after finishing 15th out of 18 last season in the Belgium Second League, playing as UR Namur. Started by using Mr.Hough's original tactic and we had some shocking results to start off with, but by the end of pre-season i felt it really started to kick in and work, winning 3 games on the bounce.

Season Opener & Onwards

Started the season with a Belgium Cup match against Ath who are a non-league side, winning (2-1) and pretty much dominated the match, just couldn't convert the chances. Overall I was impressed either way! Next up was our first league match of the season against FCV Dender who came several places above us last season and are very solid at the back. The possession football was good, but we lacked the cutting egde infront of goal again, but still managed to win (1-0) and I have to comment that the defensive side of things was good.

Gareth's Tweak

I read several posts about Gareth's tweaked version and decided I had to try it out for a few games to see how things would go, with a huge part of the reason being that it suits my players a lot more in terms of positions.

First game was up against Geel-Meerhout, an old rival from the Belgium Third Division and a very experienced side, definately not far off our own ability. We completely dominated the match, but yet again we failed to create good chances, but I was happy enough to settle for a (2-0) victory and 63% possession to go with it! They managed just 6 shots all game which I was extremely happy with.

Second game was against the team that came above us last season and I have to say I was very impressed due to this being an away match! We took the game to them and I can't believe how we only managed to win (2-0)! One of my youth prospects scored both goals and hit the woodwork 3 times! This is probably our best match of the season in terms of chances created and how good the chances were.

Tactic Master Tweak (My Tweak)

Although i've enjoyed unbelievable success so far with both tactics, I decided to try my own little spin on things and try to tweak Mr.Hough's original tactic into a strikerless tactic! I decided that the back 5 players were totally fine as they were, but I moved the striker back into AMCL and the MCL into AMC and the AMC into AMCR, with the view of the previous AMC and the Striker being the main attacking threats and the AMC position providing more of a playmaker role. I've very finely tweaked a few settings for the new positions, but not changed much at all.

I must stress that i've only played one match so far with my tweak, so this could have been a bit of a fluke type of match, but we beat our strongest opponents of the season 'OH Leuven' (3-0)! My AMC grabbed a goal as he often does as he is one of my best performers from previous seasons, with my AMCR picking up two goals himself! We ended the match with 59% possession and created plenty of chances.

As i've said, this is my first match with my own tweak, but if things continue to go well, with Mr.Hough's Permission I would like to share the tactic with you guys.

No problem upload away

In previous versions of FM there was an exploit whichmed to the Central ST being left unmarked fo alot of the game, When i set out making this tactic i tried to make the same situation, Short Sharp passing with a slow tempo so we keep the ball. I noticed then that we started to play the ball around the final 30 yards of the oppostion passing from one side to another, waiting for the ST to be free to slot in, Sometimesit worked sometimes it didn't but thats the idea behind it

With Mr.Hough's permission I'd like to upload the 5-5-0 formation tweak of his original tactic :) It could be something or nothing, so I'll appreciate any feedback whether it's good or bad. I've picked up 7 wins in 11 games with UR Namur in the Belgium Second League against much better opponents. One of those games was against Belgium Pro League team Beerschot AC in the cup, who we eventually lost on penalties against after an amazing performance with 65% possession. The other three games were draws.

The Tactic

Noticeable Changes

MCL - This is your more defensive central midfielder

MCR - This is your more attacking/supporting midfielder

AMCL - This is your attacking AMC

AMC - This is your Playmaker/Supporting type AMC

AMCR - This is your attacking AMC

If there is any questions, don't hesitate to ask, but I generally just do what you would do with Mr.Hough's original tactic.

Archived