*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

Think this is a massive bug, was browsing through the contracts expiring in 6 months, offered a contract to a player, couple of days later, news item popped up saying 'Player signs new Wolves deal' and that he's transfer listed at Salzburg, and when I go to him, he's at my club, with the stats he had at the previous club. When I go to the club I signed him from, he's there, but 'Unavailable' and when I go on to his profile, it says he plays for them, but if I go to my news item, and find the player, he's at my club, and when I go to my team, he's there too. It's as though he's been cloned.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before.

I've read the whole thread and don't remember seeing it mentioned. Something similar happened to me in FM10, only in my case I loaned a player out who became a "clone" at the other club.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the classic mode. no annoying team talks or interviews. also i don't have to hire and maintain a ******** of staff. these have always been my main annoyance of fm games. i know i can let the staff take care of these jobs in the full fleshed mode (such as send assistant to interviews), but they usually do a crappy job. to get the best results your kinda forced to do this yourself. also i like the instant result function to skip unimportant matches.

but the major downside of classic mode is that i can't choose what kind of database to load. i prefer to play a big database + load all players with national reputation all over the world. that's about 30k players. but on classic mode i'm forced to play a rather small database. just because of this issue i started playing the main mode.

also when i'm playing an english premier division side its unnecessarily to load the 5th and 6th division. but on classic mode i don't get the option to turn them off to save some processing speed.

if these two options were available classic mode would be perfect for me.

I'm Newcastle and had an offer accepted first summer for Thomas Ince from Blackpool. Yet my scout says he isn't interested in joining and he won't listen to any contract offers. Then I declare interest in him and he responds with "to play for a club like Newcastle is what I dream about. I hope the speculation results in a formal bid".

Bug?

How did you manage to cancel on Steam?

I emailed Steam Support politely asking for them to cancel my pre-order and refund me, took a day or two to finalise it but they have now reimbursed me with the full amount I paid, and the Beta was immediately removed from my games library. They only do this with games you have pre-ordered though.

Now if they could get to the bottom of my damn Steam client (Mac) problem I'd really be singing their praises...

The staff search screen really needs to be able to display/filter by their tactics attributes. The whole idea that your head of youth development can influence your youth intake is great, until you realise you're going to have to click through each one to find a guy with the right tactics setup for what you want.

sup guys,

first of all, sorry for the bad english..

maybe you guys can help me out with this one.

i'd like to know if i can play simultaneously with my brother (who's gonna play on another computer) using the same steam account. we're not gonna play online, btw.. is it possible or will he need to buy the game aswell?

cya

sup guys,

first of all, sorry for the bad english..

maybe you guys can help me out with this one.

i'd like to know if i can play simultaneously with my brother (who's gonna play on another computer) using the same steam account. we're not gonna play online, btw.. is it possible or will he need to buy the game aswell?

cya

You'll need two Steam accounts and two copies of the game I'm afraid.

One issue that is irritating is the player reaction to the team chats on game day. They react negative far to easy when doing the pre/halftime/post chat. Did not have this problem in FM12.

I've found this too. Certainly it is early days so still feeling my way around the Team Talks and the differences to FM12, but seems quite hard to elicit positive responses.

So yeah, recently it's happened a couple of times. Suarez has been copping knocks in the 1st half of matches, he has entered half time around 71 or 72% condition. Now I don't want to risk him getting injured and being out for 4-5 weeks so I have ended up subbing him off at half time.

Only for him to crack the ***** at me for doing so on both occasions. twice ? or maybe 3 times actually. Surely this can be tweaked a bit because it is not realistic at all. When I've subbed him off, we've always been winning 1-0 or 2-0 at HT.

Have seen a number of new, cool 3D animations (relevant ones, not the stupid bicycle kicks all over the field on FM12 etc).

Just saw another one, which was my player shooting from range, the ball taking a deflection and looping for the corner, but the keeper diving to his left in anticipation of the shot anyway.

just accidentally cancelled player tutoring by misclicking when right clicking on a player to try talk to him.

kinda weird there's a confirmation dialogue for almost everything in this game (sometimes to the point of being annoying) but not to cancel tutoring

Hi Guys,

I love the Beta and I'm already in my 4th season with Workington in league 2 but there are a couple of things I've noticed. I have asked for more physios and the chairman has agreed and the news item comes up that the number has increased to 2 but then when I try to hire an extra one it won't let me because I have too many? I only have 1 physio at the moment. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this?

Also I started a game with 4 star game speed to keep things nice and quick but my game speed is now half a star (no idea why?). Is there anyway I can speed the game up?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys,

I love the Beta and I'm already in my 4th season with Workington in league 2 but there are a couple of things I've noticed. I have asked for more physios and the chairman has agreed and the news item comes up that the number has increased to 2 but then when I try to hire an extra one it won't let me because I have too many? I only have 1 physio at the moment. Is this a bug? Has anyone else had this?

Also I started a game with 4 star game speed to keep things nice and quick but my game speed is now half a star (no idea why?). Is there anyway I can speed the game up?

Thanks in advance

First one is a noted bug that will no doubt be fixed soon. They have also indicated they are looking into the processing speed, but one assumes it may be harder to find a quick fix

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance

The physio thing might not be a bug, it's just very unclear. You may be allowed one senior and one U18 physio, presumably you are trying to appoint a second senior physio. It does need to be made clearer however and there is a separate bug where sometimes you request extra staff which is accepted, but the amount of staff allowed doesn't change. If then number of physios allowed shows as 2, then it is not a bug and you can hire an U18, if it still shows as 1 then it is a bug.

First one is a noted bug that will no doubt be fixed soon. They have also indicated they are looking into the processing speed, but one assumes it may be harder to find a quick fix

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand that there are problems with the game being slower from the start than last years but wasn't aware of the decrease in speed? When you start a 4 star speed game it's a bit a annoying (because I deliberately loaded fewer leagues) for that to decrease within 4 seasons to half a star. Has anybody else had problems with a decrease in speed? Or does the game speed normally decrease that dramatically during a save...can't say I ever noticed on FM 12?

It still shows as 1 normal physio total I think although I'm not in front of the game at the moment - is there a head physio and a normal physio? Because I initially hired this physio as a normal physio and then I think he became a head physio (although I may be getting my wires crossed) because he was the only one at the club. I think I'm allowed a head physio and a normal physio but he seems to hold both positions. I may try mutually terminating his contract tonight and try to hire 2 new ones for the different physio roles to see if that works.

It still shows as 1 normal physio total I think although I'm not in front of the game at the moment - is there a head physio and a normal physio? Because I initially hired this physio as a normal physio and then I think he became a head physio (although I may be getting my wires crossed) because he was the only one at the club. I think I'm allowed a head physio and a normal physio but he seems to hold both positions. I may try mutually terminating his contract tonight and try to hire 2 new ones for the different physio roles to see if that works.

No, if it shows as 1 allowed then it is the bug. Head physios only take up one physio spot.

So yeah, recently it's happened a couple of times. Suarez has been copping knocks in the 1st half of matches, he has entered half time around 71 or 72% condition. Now I don't want to risk him getting injured and being out for 4-5 weeks so I have ended up subbing him off at half time.

Only for him to crack the ***** at me for doing so on both occasions. twice ? or maybe 3 times actually. Surely this can be tweaked a bit because it is not realistic at all. When I've subbed him off, we've always been winning 1-0 or 2-0 at HT.

What sort of injuries was he getting?

Have you reported these so called many bugs in the appropriate sub threads in the fm13 beta bugs thread ? Which is what its there for

Denial doesn't do SI or us the user any favours. This edition is flawed, massively so in some areas, and needs to be fixed. I know you're a big fan wally, but blind defence and belittling of those noticing and suffering from bugs is just pointless and will only serve to make others deride or ignore when you make a valid point.

Denial doesn't do SI or us the user any favours. This edition is flawed, massively so in some areas, and needs to be fixed. I know you're a big fan wally, but blind defence and belittling of those noticing and suffering from bugs is just pointless and will only serve to make others deride or ignore when you make a valid point.

Nothing to do with been a fan is it ? that post as a meaning dose't it, instead of people ranting in here why not take the time to report there bugs in the appropriate place ?? i fail to understand why you dont get that ??

And to be fair all your post is doing is encouraging people to ignore reporting bugs but rant in here, i fail to see how that helps the beta

I dont see how he is making any sort of denial. He does make a valid point, if people are spooting bugs (and there are a ton of them), they should be reporting them. How else will they get fixed?

Sigh. This edition is flawed, because it is a BETA.

After the patch it will be a little flawed, because that is how games work. The next patch it will be a little less flawed, etc etc etc etc.

By this time next year, it will be much better, but of course still not perfect. Then FM14 will come out, it will be better than FM13, but will still have some flaws, especially in new features. Then it will get marginally better with each patch, until FM15, etc etc etc etc.

You are arguing despite at the base of it having the same opinion. SI know the game needs to be fixed from BETA state, which is why they are fixing it. Given that none of us know anything about what the game will feel like once it has been updated a bit, I'm not sure what anybody is getting at.

Is there a problem with the All Time Stats view?

Take for instance Wayne Rooney, it's saying he's scored 150 career goals, yet he's scored 147 league goals. Meaning he's only scored 3 goals in all other comps right? Must be wrong.

Im sure this has been asked before but how come SI dont use the ME from earlier FM's?

The previous MEs were stable, but were also at the limit of what they could achieve in terms of bringing realism to the next level, too many issue couldn't be properly addressed without rewriting large amounts. hence the big changes for the upcoming ME.

Im sure this has been asked before but how come SI dont use the ME from earlier FM's?

This one is effectively a similar one to previous versions with areas of it revamped over a period of 2-3 years. The previous ME had reached the end of it's development, meaning it couldn't be improved anymore.

Is there a problem with the All Time Stats view?

Take for instance Wayne Rooney, it's saying he's scored 150 career goals, yet he's scored 147 league goals. Meaning he's only scored 3 goals in all other comps right? Must be wrong.

It's like that for everyone else too, either a couple of goals gap or exactly the same.

EDIT: The gap is the difference between the league goals they have scored and their overall tally.

i.e Rooney this season; 6 overall - 3 league = 3 difference.

RVP this season; 5 overall - 4 league = 1 difference.

Rooney has scored 150 career goals - 3 difference = 147 AT league goals.

RVP has scored 115 career goals - 1 difference = 114 AT league goals.

There must be a problem with the formula or I'm interpreting it wrong.

Nothing to do with been a fan is it ? that post as a meaning dose't it, instead of people ranting in here why not take the time to report there bugs in the appropriate place ?? i fail to understand why you dont get that ??
I dont see how he is making any sort of denial. He does make a valid point, if people are spooting bugs (and there are a ton of them), they should be reporting them. How else will they get fixed?

The use of the phrase 'so called many bugs' and knowledge of wally's posting, make my point about denial and belittling entirely valid. Of course bugs should be logged, and checking the bug forum, they certainly are.

Sigh. This edition is flawed, because it is a BETA.

After the patch it will be a little flawed, because that is how games work. The next patch it will be a little less flawed, etc etc etc etc.

By this time next year, it will be much better, but of course still not perfect. Then FM14 will come out, it will be better than FM13, but will still have some flaws, especially in new features. Then it will get marginally better with each patch, until FM15, etc etc etc etc.

You are arguing despite at the base of it having the same opinion. SI know the game needs to be fixed from BETA state, which is why they are fixing it. Given that none of us know anything about what the game will feel like once it has been updated a bit, I'm not sure what anybody is getting at.

Sigh? Please, don't come off like I don't know what I'm talking about. Condescending much? Yes its a beta. And its due for retail release in 9 days. It has a long way to go to be ready for retail release, I (and others) can only hope that SI have put in a lot of work to fix this.

I understand your point about it getting marginally better with each patch/edition but at the end of the day the ME is a long way from representing you know, football. I don't want to have to wait til March to be able to see football represented in the ME. And even if it does slowly over time improve, I'm paying my money NOW. Come November 2nd I'm gonna want a game that simulates football management to a level thats worth my 30 quid.

I have faith, but my original point was that the SI defenders need to accept and realise that their actions are self defeating. But like any game forum, my entirely valid opinion will be derided because it'll be looked upon as critical of the holy FM (a game series I've played relentlessly and enjoyed for 10 years).

The use of the phrase 'so called many bugs' and knowledge of wally's posting, make my point about denial and belittling entirely valid. Of course bugs should be logged, and checking the bug forum, they certainly are.

What do mean the knowledge of my posting ?? you mean been honest!! i fail to see how you encouraging people to rant and not provide bug reports in the appropriate place really helps the public or beta process, and you keep rattling on about SI Defenders etc are your purposely ignoring the post were I've openly admitted the game as issues ??

What does 'ready for retail release' truly mean?

The perfect game? Of course we all want that, but it isn't going to happen. FM 13 won't ever be perfect, 14 wont, 15 wont, etc.

Better than other football manager games? Well it pulls that off.

It is a preorder and you can still cancel. I would never defend anyone from SI saying they have the perfect game. I will happily defend the fact that theirs is the best around and that they themselves admit it needs work, which is something they are doing all the time. I still feel we and everyone else are arguing despite having the same base opinion, the only difference being differing degrees of hysteria. I do however agree I could/should have been less condescending.

What do mean the knowledge of my posting ?? you mean been honest!! i fail to see how you encouraging people to rant and not provide bug reports in the appropriate place really helps the public or beta process

Being honest? Sure, but with your SI blinkers on. I've not in any way shape or form encouraged ranting. Show me where I have? I've said they should log bugs. My point, I'll go over it again, cos you clearly still don't get it: STOP BELITTLING PEOPLE WHEN THEY SAY THEY HAVE BUGS, THEY ARE NOT 'SO CALLED' BUGS, THEY ARE BUGS.

Get out of denial. Anyway, if you want we can continue this on PM. Or not.

Sigh? Please, don't come off like I don't know what I'm talking about. Condescending much? Yes its a beta. And its due for retail release in 9 days. It has a long way to go to be ready for retail release, I (and others) can only hope that SI have put in a lot of work to fix this.

I understand your point about it getting marginally better with each patch/edition but at the end of the day the ME is a long way from representing you know, football. I don't want to have to wait til March to be able to see football represented in the ME. And even if it does slowly over time improve, I'm paying my money NOW. Come November 2nd I'm gonna want a game that simulates football management to a level thats worth my 30 quid.

I have faith, but my original point was that the SI defenders need to accept and realise that their actions are self defeating. But like any game forum, my entirely valid opinion will be derided because it'll be looked upon as critical of the holy FM (a game series I've played relentlessly and enjoyed for 10 years).

Wally's opinion was valid, and you derided that, calling it a blind defence. It was neither that or belittling others. Something may be a bug it may not, either way if they are not raising the issue, its no use to anyone. And he is right to point that out.

Being honest? Sure, but with your SI blinkers on. I've not in any way shape or form encouraged ranting. Show me where I have? I've said they should log bugs. My point, I'll go over it again, cos you clearly still don't get it: STOP BELITTLING PEOPLE WHEN THEY SAY THEY HAVE BUGS, THEY ARE NOT 'SO CALLED' BUGS, THEY ARE BUGS.

Get out of denial. Anyway, if you want we can continue this on PM. Or not.

So if they are bugs get them reported !! this is't the thread for it or don't you get that ?? I've also got better things to do then pm you grow up

What does 'ready for retail release' truly mean?

The perfect game? Of course we all want that, but it isn't going to happen. FM 13 won't ever be perfect, 14 wont, 15 wont, etc.

Better than other football manager games? Well it pulls that off.

It is a preorder and you can still cancel. I would never defend anyone from SI saying they have the perfect game. I will happily defend the fact that theirs is the best around and that they themselves admit it needs work, which is something they are doing all the time. I still feel we and everyone else are arguing despite having the same base opinion, the only difference being differing degrees of hysteria. I do however agree I could/should have been less condescending.

I don't feel there was any degree of hysteria about my post or reply. And yes I'm sure we are in agreement about much.

But, just because they are the best at what they do, that doesn't mean they should cease to strive to improve. And as this beta stands, much improvement is needed prior for retail release. I can guarantee that if the game were to go on retail in the state it's in now, these forums would be in apocalypse mode.

Anyway, as I stated before, I have faith, lets hope its not misplaced. :)

Aside from the RIDICULOUS Difficulty level i only have a couple of small issues. Firstly i play in holland and the match feed keeps telling me that players can't talk to their team because of the language barrier (they can both speak dutch btw). At the start of the season the board said they wanted me to buy young players and i did and they were ecstatic. That lasted till october when they were disappointed that i hadn't bought any. I qualified for the euro cup group stages like they wanted and then the expectation changed for me to win the bloody thing and then i had an 8 game losing streak that didn't matter how many times i reloaded the matches and used all manner of strategies and players against that i was also vastly superior to.

You should post these in the bugs forum. All three sounds like bugs to me. On the third issue, did you win every group game or something? does you team have a good european record or something? Seems a crazy leap in expectations.

Wally's opinion was valid, and you derided that, calling it a blind defence. It was neither that or belittling others. Something may be a bug it may not, either way if they are not raising the issue, its no use to anyone. And he is right to point that out.

It was exactly what I called it. But whatever, moving on.

So if they are bugs get them reported !! this is't the thread for it or don't you get that ?? I've also got better things to do then pm you grow up

Hahahahahahaha. Or is that too childish for you? ;)

Can we stop with the childish now?

I actually thought the forums were the best they've ever been this close to release, please don't spoil my illusion :D

Apologies. And agreed. But thats because it's beta and not full release. Lets see on Nov 2nd. :D

It's happened two or three times now but my team (Newcastle) have scored blatant and legitimate goals and instead of a goal being given it's a goal kick! Another thing that has happened is when the ball goes in the net and a goal has been given but the ball goes through the net so you would be forgiven for thinking it actually was a goal kick. Also, I have sacked a member of my staff, a scout I think, and he was still on the books and on the pay roll, even though I could do nothing with him then like give him any assignments or try and sack him again! :p ... Just a couple of issues that will hopefully be ironed out by the time of the official release. Altogether though I'm very pleased with the game! Reckon it's much sleeker than the previous editions. Well done SI.

It's happened two or three times now but my team (Newcastle) have scored blatant and legitimate goals and instead of a goal being given it's a goal kick! Another thing that has happened is when the ball goes in the net and a goal has been given but the ball goes through the net so you would be forgiven for thinking it actually was a goal kick. Also, I have sacked a member of my staff, a scout I think, and he was still on the books and on the pay roll, even though I could do nothing with him then like give him any assignments or try and sack him again! :p ... Just a couple of issues that will hopefully be ironed out by the time of the official release. Altogether though I'm very pleased with the game! Reckon it's much sleeker than the previous editions. Well done SI.

The ball going through the net is a know bug, i'd maybe upload your save here mate for SI team to check http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

started with my beloved Perth glory , and my 1st problem is that when 1st going to backroom advice , i found a bug that says Ian gillan feels that 100 year old peter fowler would be suitable for training advice ...so i click on him and he says hes 0 years old ..please fix this

The ball going through the net is a know bug, i'd maybe upload your save here mate for SI team to check http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/291-Football-Manager-2013-Pre-Release-Beta-Bugs-Forum

That is different. Occasionally, the ball goes in off the post and a goalkick is given instead of a goal. It's happened to me twice and I saw on here it has happened to someone else. Definately a bug

Archived