*Football Manager 13 Pre-Order Beta Official Feedback Thread* - Keep it all in here please

During the match, it it possible to have split screen mode with commentary only but when a goal is scored the replay is in full screen?

Currently when viewing in split screen the goal replay is either in the left or right panel.

If I want to see the replay full screen then I quickly need to press the pitch tab.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So is the Beta update, pretty much gonna be what the proper release is going to be on the 2nd?

Also, just thought of something that doesn't make sense. If we can only play the Beta until the 5th, that doesn't add up. Surely it is impossible to still play the Beta from the 2nd, purely because SI have stated the Beta will UPDATE to the full version come release day?!!

The Beta will convert to the full game on the 2nd and you just keep playing, ignore the 5th really.

The Beta update over the weekend will at very least still have certain things disabled and it won't be the release day code because they'll carry on working on that all next week.

What are people finding with the Instant Result feature in FMC?

It's beyond useless in the beta for me. I have decent staff at Blackburn, but no matter how I experiment with the match plan feature, the team just doesn't do as well as they should. Anyone else finding this? I thought it would have been great for games where you want to play as a director of football role, but if the staff can't do anything with the team that you build it's a bit pointless.

Beta update better include a fix to the crossing bug. It's actually a game ruiner. You set defenders to man mark/close down but they just stand by and watch as the ball gets crossed in and it's obvious what happens next. Apart from that I'm really enjoying it.

I have yet to start any of the other options re Challenge or FMC but I can say that for me the game is so "Immersive", compared to previous iterations (not that some of them were not).

There is nothing is this game at Beta level that is a game ruiner(!) or game stopper(!). I believe that with the feedback you are getting re "crosses" and so forth and the changes that will occur come full release then it can only signal a change that is pointing to progress. I think that the fact that you have offered various scenarios and the added depth for those that want that immersion is a ++ for me.

I have reported a few bugs re crash dumps but that is what I expected should happen in a beta. Overall though, again, a great game at a great price this year - so many companies offering the game for a really competitive price. I spend £20 on a bottle of wine when I take my wife out (she insists on a certain wine not guilty)!!

Onward and upward.

FM (2013) is still too easy..

this does not motivate a gamer , if a game is too easy. there is no sign of motivation or incentive to carry on playing. been playing the beta in my mates house. come on s.i. team.

" this is by far the most cartoon-like version of the game. it doesnt look right, its full off 'easily accessable' game starts, classic mode??? who on earth is that benefitting rather then people who dont play the game? i feel like FM has sold its soul. its gone the champ man route and we all know where that ended. i love football manager! this looks like manager, smells like it, but its not playing right!

i feel a bit like ive been sold out here. FM12"

Well I did what Miles said in this thread http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/318296-No-dark-skin-confirmed and I tried the skin even though I pretty much had a feel for it anyway from the screenshots I gave it a go.

I played for the first time last night as I have been busy since the beta release and I have to say the new FM13 skin is truly awful,I spent exactly 57 minutes in game and for most of the time,like a lot of FM players I was in the transfer market searching for new blood for my BSS team,After 57 minutes I had to switch it off as the pure white screen was killing me,it was like looking at a white piece of paper with a light bulb behind it.

I have no idea why Miles etc were saying it was not a light or dark skin but something in between,Now I may not have the expertise of the SI team but that **** is white.

Hopefully SI will now add a dark skin as they did say they would look at it after people had tried the game.

Also there does seem to be a lot of info added to screens that does not help the game at all,it just gives it a cluttered look,although maybe I will get used to this ot maybe even wonder how I ever got by without it,I was not able to play long enough to get used to it :)

Also I know the skin has more than likely been mentioned in this thread and also people saying to use a skin that is player made but I would much prefer SI to release a dark skin that they will support.

this does not motivate a gamer , if a game is too easy. there is no sign of motivation or incentive to carry on playing. been playing the beta in my mates house. come on s.i. team.

" this is by far the most cartoon-like version of the game. it doesnt look right, its full off 'easily accessable' game starts, classic mode??? who on earth is that benefitting rather then people who dont play the game? i feel like FM has sold its soul. its gone the champ man route and we all know where that ended. i love football manager! this looks like manager, smells like it, but its not playing right!

Oh dear you have missed the point totally! So SI should not cater for anyone except a select few who do not want any changes apart from the ME? As been said many times in these forums lately, there are older players who can no longer afford the time to play the full version (should they be dumped or catered for)? Cartoon, not sure what you mean as all characters in game are of a cartoon nature by the very fact they are not real! Does not look right - what does not? How can people who do not play the game benefit (mind boggling). You been playing at your mates house and......

Champ man route - well if I recall they did not offer more than one type of game play.

If it does not smell right then I am interested in your obervations, not glib one liners. Tell me what is actually wrong and how much of the game have you played and what particular aspects of the game re the various versions?

Seriously I am interested in your more in depth views as you do seen to have issues with this game.

If you copy and paste this one more time you'll get an infraction.

Just wondered if anyone else was having problems with players becoming unhappy for no reason at all?

I had a problem with my entire first team having low morale for no apparent reason. I suspect it's because I was rotating the players for European games and they were reacting to being dropped.

I used the unwanted list to get rid of a non-playing player whose salaries I couldn't afford (120 000 p/m). Now he signed for Rangers with 100 000 p/m compensation until june 2015.

FML.

I wish the DoF was a bit more intelligent when in comes to paying giant parachutes for long periods of time.

Maybe i'am blind but as i said before just reloaded my game and i see cameraman behind the goal and my full backs have started to tackle and so have my midfield and there extra little hordings behind the main ones around the pitch.

Has the game been updated it still says 13.0.1 b322309 so not sure but the game feels different again.

My team have started to press and even the back post crosses are bing intercepted by my defenders.

Maybe i'am blind but as i said before just reloaded my game and i see cameraman behind the goal and my full backs have started to tackle and so have my midfield and there extra little hordings behind the main ones around the pitch.

Has the game been updated it still says 13.0.1 b322309 so not sure but the game feels different again.

My team have started to press and even the back post crosses are bing intercepted by my defenders.

Just turned steam on nothing downloaded so I don't think it's an update. Have noticed I have a different build number than you. Is that right?

How odd. My version number is 13.0.1b322253. You have a newer version. Did your Steam update?

Every version no. posted has 13.0.1 as the me version, the match engine definitely hasn't changed by the looks of it. My version is the one ending 253 btw but it has mev1301 in brackets (from my in game status screen.

Edit :- Miles said on twitter earlier on today there will definitely be no update released tonight.

Every version no. posted has 13.0.1 as the me version, the match engine definitely hasn't changed by the looks of it. My version is the one ending 253 btw but it has mev1301 in brackets (from my in game status screen.

Edit :- Miles said on twitter earlier on today there will definitely be no update released tonight.

Not quite. He said that the demo definitely won't be released tonight. He said that the beta will be updated at some point this weekend.

Not sure then at all but the defender are tackling and there more action through the middle and crosses seem alot timer but it the 2nd time I thought I have noticed a change

Sounds to me like your players have just started to follow your tactical instructions more closely due to your rep having increased recently and better team cohesion/gelling.

I've had a similar experience in my save from about halfway through my second season, haven't signed too many players recently, mostly stuck with the same first 11 and tactics and suddenly it's like playing a completely different FM from my first season and a half.

I can assure you whatever trolling is iam not doing it I telling you what I see and what game version I have that all

And people are tackling everywhere and this is what my game status says 13.0.1 1b322309 (m.e v1301)

Game creation version 322309

I never said it was update just it feels different with some actual defending and it has not been a tweak of tactics

I can assure you whatever trolling is iam not doing it I telling you what I see and what game version I have that all

And people are tackling everywhere and this is what my game status says 13.0.1 1b322309 (m.e v1301)

Game creation version 322309

I never said it was update just it feels different with some actual defending and it has not been a tweak of tactics

Perhaps just to prevent people from accusing you of trolling, could you show us a screenshot?

Edit: Actually, never mind, just noticed the match engine version is still v1301. If it was updated, it would probably say v1305.

I thought I'd check mine so turned off Steam and then back on again and no update.

Put FM13 for the first time in 3 days and noticed my build number is also 13.0.1b322253. Thought I'd at least play a game to see if anything different, it ended 2-2 and all goals from far post crosses. :(

I turned it straight off again. I also wish I had that build number.

If you;re finding it easy can you upload a tactic for the rest of us? I have bought every version for about 20 years, but am close to giving up on this one before its ever released! Dominating games stat-wise, just to lose out to a cross pinged in at far post time after time, despite trying nearly every defensive setup possible!

Archived