FMCU: The Countdown To FM13!

AK22

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for fm13, got abit bored of my save this year, my own fault really moved 4 clubs in 4 seasons which ruined it for me as i was loving bristol city and just craved to be back there.

Was looking at a one club youth only save but no idea what country, any suggestions?

Or one club pompey save to see if i can do anywhere near good as dafuge will ( a resounding no :herman:)

I've been changing my mind on a daily basis about my FM13 career as I want to have a journeyman career but I also want to have a crack at some of the small to big clubs challenges in the CSE forum, especially dafuge's and rancer's, which I've never completed before, and razer82's South American one, which produced one of my favourite ever saves back on FM09.

However, there's no way I'd have time to do it all so today I thought why not try to do all of them in one save? Load England down to BSS/N, a top continetal league (Big Euro chalenge), a smaller European league (gundo's), an Asian one (rancer's) and a South American one (razer's) and while I'm at it throw South Africa in as well. It would then be my aim to travel from country to country taking over a newly promoted team and trying to take them to the top.

Obviously, that would be a tough target, especially trying to complete it in three times in Europe but it could make for some fun times :)

I really hope you have a crack in my Asian challenge DodgeeD. Not a lot of participants in the FM12 version... :(
Changed my mind (again!!) and I will run a journeyman career while also having a small to big club challenge on the go. I'll start with yours if there is a good xml for somewhere like UAE or Qatar available (perhaps with the addition of the Arab Champions League and Arab Nations Cup as well). If not, I'll either go for somehwere like India or do Razer's challeneg first and then come to yours ;)

I really hope you have a crack in my Asian challenge DodgeeD. Not a lot of participants in the FM12 version... :(

I always like the look of these challenges but I can never get used to playing FM with the attribute masking on.

Changed my mind (again!!) and I will run a journeyman career while also having a small to big club challenge on the go. I'll start with yours if there is a good xml for somewhere like UAE or Qatar available (perhaps with the addition of the Arab Champions League and Arab Nations Cup as well). If not, I'll either go for somehwere like India or do Razer's challeneg first and then come to yours ;)

I'm debating whether to slightly adjust the rules of my challenge to allow for more participants. I haven't written the specific rules yet (too busy) but I'll make a decision soon. I don't think there will be a lot more people playing my challenge but I'll be happy to get more than 5 people posting in the thread...

Hopefully the xmls can come early November because I too want to have a go with my journeyman save on release. But great to see you planning to play my challenge. :D

I always like the look of these challenges but I can never get used to playing FM with the attribute masking on.

Never knew you played FM with it off. Do you have it off just because it's more convenient?

Another one with it on here, just seems more realistic to do it that way and have the scout pick players out rather than knowing how good someone is straight away.

Not sure who my career will be with yet, Barakaldo, Halmia and Santa Cruz are the three that spring to mind to at least start with, or maybe an Eastern European side.

I might 'man up' and start playing with it more, though aside from liking to browse around occasonally to see how strong other teams are, that would stop me employing the useful strategy in smaller European leagues of signing good cheap young Africans (which usually end up being sold after a year or so but at great profit), as I wouldn't be able to scout or see anything about them. Though I guess that's the point, especially for 'can't sign players you can't scout' people.

I always play with attribute masking on. It just doesn't seem very realistic to play with it off, and would taint the game for me.

No manager in the world would know the attributes for every player in the world without doing some kind of scouting first. Nor would a Blue Square team sign a young starlet from a part of the world that they couldn't afford to send a scout to.

Never knew you played FM with it off. Do you have it off just because it's more convenient?

I'm suppose it must be because it's convenient, to be honest I've never really played with it on for as long as I've been playing FM/CM. I also never realised that most people play with it on, I'll give it a go on FM13.

Another thing about these challenges is not being able to load other leagues, with only one nation loaded that makes winning the continental competitions a fair bit easier than if other leagues were loaded doesn't it?

Another thing about these challenges is not being able to load other leagues, with only one nation loaded that makes winning the continental competitions a fair bit easier than if other leagues were loaded doesn't it?

I am not sure on this, have found it really hard at times to actually win the Champions League with only a single league running (Especially if it is a slightly smaller league), though it does mean you always know which teams are the big ones, as you will nearly always lose to a Barca, R.Madrid, Milan, Manchester club as they continue to be the bigger teams because their leagues aren't loaded.

And adding "Load all Players from Top Clubs" means these teams seem to stay strong as well.

I'm not 100 percent sure as I always have more than one nation loaded, I have noticed that teams from fully loaded leagues do better. Galatasary won the Champions League on mine and the Turkish clubs produced several of the greatest players in the world. I like having other leagues loaded even if it doesn't make any difference to how hard continental competition becomes.

I always play with attribute masking on. It just doesn't seem very realistic to play with it off, and would taint the game for me.

No manager in the world would know the attributes for every player in the world without doing some kind of scouting first. Nor would a Blue Square team sign a young starlet from a part of the world that they couldn't afford to send a scout to.

My feelings too. I always play with it on...couldn't imagine playing the game any other way than realistically.

I've lost quite a bit of interest in FM recently, a shame really as I was stuck to it for months trying to get Coalville from Level 8 to the Prem and once I managed to do that, that's when my interest waned. I suppose because I completed what I set out to do.

As for FM13, I probably won't do England again due to doing that this year. Maybe a Portuguese save for me as I've never done one and perhaps rancers Asian challenge or Razers challenge too...if I can find the time!

I am not sure on this, have found it really hard at times to actually win the Champions League with only a single league running (Especially if it is a slightly smaller league), though it does mean you always know which teams are the big ones, as you will nearly always lose to a Barca, R.Madrid, Milan, Manchester club as they continue to be the bigger teams because their leagues aren't loaded.

And adding "Load all Players from Top Clubs" means these teams seem to stay strong as well.

I won the Club World Cup with an Indonesian team before. It's definitely a bit easier to keep your players as well if you have one league loaded compared to several.

But I have to admit the "Load all Players from Top Clubs" is a good alternative if you don't want specific leagues in the game.

My feelings too. I always play with it on...couldn't imagine playing the game any other way than realistically.

I've lost quite a bit of interest in FM recently, a shame really as I was stuck to it for months trying to get Coalville from Level 8 to the Prem and once I managed to do that, that's when my interest waned. I suppose because I completed what I set out to do.

As for FM13, I probably won't do England again due to doing that this year. Maybe a Portuguese save for me as I've never done one and perhaps rancers Asian challenge or Razers challenge too...if I can find the time!

Looking forward to your participation Raware (of course if you have the time!). :)

I could kind of see if the manager has a connection to that part of the world. Like if (to pull a random hypothetical example) Eric Wynalda got a job with some 3. Liga team, he might sign some Cal FC players.

My plan at the moment is to have a small 5-10 season save with the beta just as head coach. Have the DoF the do all the buying, selling and contract stuff. I want to see how the feature works as a club changes. Be interesting to see if it buys players suitable for the formation I play and if it notices when players are past their best so need replacing. I'm hoping it can pull it off as I think it would indicate the AI has improved at squad management. Not sure which club to use but I won't be starting too low down the pyramid. Probably be using a Championship team but also tempted to go with my team, Everton.

For my main save the plan is a long game over in Belarus. Partly inspired by a thread in CSE I want to try and win the World Cup with Belarus. I will be taking over a small team and play a few years to get facilities upgraded to increase chances of decent youth players. Do that with a few teams to make the league more competitive before taking over at Dinamo Minsk when the job becomes available. Then go for a shot at the CL, World Cup and with long term aims of Belarus becoming number 1 on the world rankings and the league rated one of the best in Europe. Should take a few years and keep it interesting. Due to league restrictions on foreign players the save should provide a good mix of developing youth but still buying decent players when they become available. It's all about squad management when you can only play 4 foreigners.

First time poster in FMCU, but long time lurker. To tell the truth, I always forgot to reset my password, meaning I could never remember the nonsensical one it was reset to...but I digress.

I'll be starting my very first FMCU thread come FM13, hot on the heels of a few I did during FM12 over on SUSIE. I have a couple of ideas, but mostly they will mirror the ones I've had experience of in the past.

1) Bring Stockport County to the top. I started FM12 having heard the fact that Stockport County had recently been relegated out of the football league for the first time in their history. They've also never been in the top division. I set about changing that, and after a marathon save, I eventually managed my aim in a 3 season window - twice winners of the EPL, and then Champions of Europe. I would love to do a one-club save of that again, perhaps as my first outing. But that challenge pales into insignificance when compared with my main idea...

2) The Tridecagon. Some of you have probably heard of the Pentagon, but I decided that just wasn't good enough. I wanted to take it to the next level, and birthed the Tridecagon as a result. Basically, it contains the usual five arms of the Pentagon but also adds in the eight international tournaments worldwide - World Cup, Confed. Cup, Euros, Asian Cup, Copa America, Gold Cup, Oceania Nations Cup and African Cup of Nations. "It'll be easy" I said, "International competitions are a piece of **** to win" I added. I was very wrong. I eventually called time on the story with only six competitions (all Champions Leagues except Europe, plus Copa America and Gold Cup) completed after the save became just too slow to work with. This time...this time I'm going to run it to completion, no matter what it takes.

I'm holding out on the beta too, altho I'm very curious, but am still immersed having a great time in my FM12 career, am concerned about bugs plus I want custom leagues in my FM13 career. That may take some days after the actual release...

I've decided on journeyman again, yeah. One-club save for a change would be interesting but I don't want to drop that element of having options open. I can stay at a club for 10 season if I want to in journeyman anyway.

I'll probably start either very low in a 3rd tier of some rubbish nation, or delve for the first time outside of Europe and start there.

Archived